Magic in the Kingdom 2012! BIG 2/16/2014 FINAL UPDATE!

You got some fabulous shots at AoA. I never went up to take any of those type of shots at all.
The balloon picture is gorgeous!!!

Thanks Jen. It's funny but I look at your photos all the time and go "why don't I think to take shots like that?" :lmao:

And I was happy one of the night time balloon shots came out. I didn't have my tripod that night, so it was hard to get a clear one. And I think I took that one from the boat, so with extra movement. I think I just got lucky.

First of all it was worth the wait! So many great photos. I have to say that I love the CM with her fingers crossed driving the safari auto. Secondly seeing your daughter grow through these trip reports makes me sad. She is precious and beautiful and growing up way too fast. My oldest told me she was 6 months from turning 19. I immediately looked at my wife and just about cried.

Some of those animal shots are so good I think they might be animatronics?!?

Funny about the shots your daughter turned out. Been there with my son. Again so many great shots and love how they all tell a story.

It was also cute that the girls had matching swimming suits. Awesome they can spend time together and at Disneyworld makes it that more special. Loving your TR.

First of all it was worth the wait! So many great photos. I have to say that I love the CM with her fingers crossed driving the safari auto. Secondly seeing your daughter grow through these trip reports makes me sad. She is precious and beautiful and growing up way too fast. My oldest told me she was 6 months from turning 19. I immediately looked at my wife and just about cried.

Some of those animal shots are so good I think they might be animatronics?!?

Funny about the shots your daughter turned out. Been there with my son. Again so many great shots and love how they all tell a story.

Thanks Mike! I have the same reaction when I see the photos of Katie. I just don't see the change as much in real life. Then I see the photos and just get all sad at how grown up she looks. I should dredge up some old photos again to pop in here. I was sorting some photos the other night and found some of her back around age 3. Wow. All I did was blink and here we are......... :sad:

My oldest is actually about 6 weeks from no longer being a teenager. But never fear. Katie will take his place in the teen ranks later this year.

Has your daughter finalized her college decision? We're taking Timmy for an in-person visit to Rolla next week during his spring break. Still no final decision, but I think that's the likely choice. And I'd like him to see it in person before he commits.

All caught up.

All I'm going to say is that I'm jealous of your safari!!

Heck, even I'm jealous of my safari! :rotfl: We've never had a very good one before. So this one just really caught me by surprise.

I can't believe after all your planning that your own trip is getting so close. I've been enjoying your countdown. Very cute. :)

Joining in late-but still here! Love all the photos!

Super excited to see what comes next!

Awesome Safari pictures!! Wow! I barely ever get to even SEE the lions, let alone 2 of them and up and around, I was so excited when I saw them I had to show my DH! LOL (He, Like a lot of others doesn't totally get the thrill with TR's LOL :) )

Great AoA pics. Love all the different angles you captured.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Cirque. I'm like you and never want to loose that much park time, but that's something that really interests me. Maybe when DD6 is a little older.

Great balloon pics too!

Joining in late-but still here! Love all the photos!

Super excited to see what comes next!

Thanks so much and :welcome: Glad you found us!

Awesome Safari pictures!! Wow! I barely ever get to even SEE the lions, let alone 2 of them and up and around, I was so excited when I saw them I had to show my DH! LOL (He, Like a lot of others doesn't totally get the thrill with TR's LOL :) )

Thanks so much! I just never have good luck with lions. Anywhere I go it seems. And our local zoo is pretty awful, so never do well there. so when we drove past and saw them both out, I knew we had gotten a treat that day!

Great AoA pics. Love all the different angles you captured.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Cirque. I'm like you and never want to loose that much park time, but that's something that really interests me. Maybe when DD6 is a little older.

Great balloon pics too!

Thanks so much. It really was a great way to spend an evening. And I do think you'd love seeing it with your daughter sometime soon. It's only around 90 minutes so I bet she would have no trouble at all sitting through it. I think I'd just choose something other than a Saturday night if we ever did it again. The crowds getting around DTD were not fun. I was amazed we actually got through the Earl of Sandwich line in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm glad to see you thinking outside the parks and obliging to Drew's to his request. We went to the show in 2010 and LOVED it as well. I find the trips where I do things outside the park help make each trip more memorable.

I know you keep hearing it but Katie is beautiful, have fun with that in high school. YOu might just need to borrow that tower form Rapunzel

Such a pretty resort!! I’ve definitely been tempted by WCC but at this point there’s so many other options to try for dinner that it’s just on the back burner! Aw! I think there’s something about that age that just embarrasses easily! I definitely was one of them! Glad she got her ketchup though.

Man some people really go all out with the Christmas decorations there hey? That’s awesome!

Ah! Love Katie’s sweater! AS IF!! Those lions are so cute! AH! The fact that they’re both up is amazing, the benefit of an early safari! Ducks! Yay, I’d prefer them over Dinosaur any day! That ride is just not okay with me! One of these days I will take my camera out on EE to get pictures of that view, it’s so amazing!

Cirque is something I definitely want to do, and in Disney it’d be awesome, I would die not being able to take pictures though! And it would have to be a longer trip so I wouldn’t feel bad about not being in the parks!

Love your AoA pictures! And as usual enjoying your trip report as well! :goodvibes

Thanks so much! I can't even imagine how many extra miles I put on my feet just wandering around that resort. I'll have shots of the other sections coming up at some point. But right now it's been so long I don't even remember what they were like!

I'm glad to see you thinking outside the parks and obliging to Drew's to his request. We went to the show in 2010 and LOVED it as well. I find the trips where I do things outside the park help make each trip more memorable.

I know you keep hearing it but Katie is beautiful, have fun with that in high school. YOu might just need to borrow that tower form Rapunzel

Yep, I pretty much had to be dragged out of the parks, but was glad we did. I don't know if we'll do it again any time soon just because we've seen it now. But I'm definitely glad we did it.

And yes, sadly enough, I have to admit that some of the trips are starting to seem too much alike. So adding things outside the parks will help us mix it up a bit.

And I just saw....... you're only FIVE days away from boarding the Fantasy! :cool1: I'm so jealous. Have an awesome time and come back and share some photos!

Such a pretty resort!! I’ve definitely been tempted by WCC but at this point there’s so many other options to try for dinner that it’s just on the back burner! Aw! I think there’s something about that age that just embarrasses easily! I definitely was one of them! Glad she got her ketchup though.

Man some people really go all out with the Christmas decorations there hey? That’s awesome!

Ah! Love Katie’s sweater! AS IF!! Those lions are so cute! AH! The fact that they’re both up is amazing, the benefit of an early safari! Ducks! Yay, I’d prefer them over Dinosaur any day! That ride is just not okay with me! One of these days I will take my camera out on EE to get pictures of that view, it’s so amazing!

Cirque is something I definitely want to do, and in Disney it’d be awesome, I would die not being able to take pictures though! And it would have to be a longer trip so I wouldn’t feel bad about not being in the parks!

I was just like you. I had WCC on my back burner for several trips now. To be honest, I just got to the point where I couldn't stand the thought of cancelling that ADR yet again. Even if our dining plan wasn't in effect yet. Even if they would have made us get Katie an adult meal. Even if..... anything. The restaurant was fun, but what made the evening great for us was seeing the resort and doing the carriage ride too. It was all just part of a fun evening. I'd still like to tour the Fort area on a golf cart sometime though.

We've actually done an early safari on every single trip. Yet still never seen that much activity. I really just think we got lucky this time. I should count how many frames I shot. I'd probably be too embarrassed to admit the number though! :rotfl:

For me the inability to take pictures at Cirque was one of the things holding me back from wanting to go. It just drives me nuts to sit in front of something so visual and not try to find creative ways to photograph it. Once Jen told me they don't allow photography at DCL shows any more I stopped wanting to go on a Disney cruise. I'm just weird that way.

Katie and I are going to see Mary Poppins in April. And to be honest, I'm less excited than I should be. Same reason.

BUT. Cirque was still awesome. Even with my camera tucked away. So do try to squeeze it in sometime.

Heck, even I'm jealous of my safari! :rotfl: We've never had a very good one before. So this one just really caught me by surprise.
:lmao:

I have never seen a cheetah out there. And you caught not only ONE of the elusive warthogs... you caught the whole dang family!

I can't believe after all your planning that your own trip is getting so close. I've been enjoying your countdown. Very cute. :)
Thanks!

The links help DD with the concept of time. Adding the trip wishes makes it fun for them to read through each night before bed.

Awesome Safari photos, Janet!!! :thumbsup2 You know those first few Safari rides early in the morning when the Park first opens are the very BEST!!! In January, both the lions and cheetahs were quite active, and I got some great shots of both. It seemed like all the critters were out enjoying themselves! Also, sometimes really late in the day before the Park closes, in cooler weather, they're out again, too! That's why I always head straight to the Safari when I get into the Park. Great job!

I can not believe you got those amazing lion pictures. Those are awesome! It was so cute that the male was grooming the female.

Looks like I need to start doing the safari ASAP in the morning.

So jealous of those lions on your safari! How awesome to catch them active lol!

Hahaha Katie's duck pictures are too funny. At least she was taking time to notice the little things!

Aw I'm so glad you guys saw Cirque! It is really an amazing amazing show. We saw it on both our trips because I'm obsessed! I do agree that it's frustrating to not be able to take pictures but at least you just get to focus on enjoying the show!

The AoA pictures look gorgeous! We were thinking we'd stay there if we go in September but I think were going back to Pop instead but the pictures make me wanna change my mind!

I know we all keep repeating it but I really can't get over how much Katie matured! It's captured gorgeously in your photos!

A batch of updates well worth the wait!

mom2rtk said:
Thanks so much! I can't even imagine how many extra miles I put on my feet just wandering around that resort. I'll have shots of the other sections coming up at some point. But right now it's been so long I don't even remember what they were like!

Yep, I pretty much had to be dragged out of the parks, but was glad we did. I don't know if we'll do it again any time soon just because we've seen it now. But I'm definitely glad we did it.

And yes, sadly enough, I have to admit that some of the trips are starting to seem too much alike. So adding things outside the parks will help us mix it up a bit.

We've actually done an early safari on every single trip. Yet still never seen that much activity. I really just think we got lucky this time. I should count how many frames I shot. I'd probably be too embarrassed to admit the number though! :rotfl:

BUT. Cirque was still awesome. Even with my camera tucked away. So do try to squeeze it in sometime.

I have really enjoyed the update. The LM part of AoA is really fun to see through your shots. Looks SO cute! And the entire safari... Such a treat to see the animals so close and clear. Knowing how fast the drivers can go, your images are all the more impressive. Marketing shots!

I know what you mean about trips seeming too much alike. We want to get on TS island, never do, see innoventions, never do, do our own animation at DHS... But I will say that Every time we are able to add new stuff, we do enjoy it. Being a once a year if that uber fan, I relate to you. I keep wanting a 10 day trip, hoping that will feel more relaxed or complete... But knowing me, it won't... 2 weeks perhaps... But school... And no way can I imagine summer there... Too humid/hot for me!

We are seeing MP as well in April. Must be headed to Mpls after MO. I'm excited, we love the film. I am eager to see it translated to the stage. I hope it is done really well and have heard only good things so they better be right! no messing up my MP! For me no photos helps with my guilt for not getting things scrap booked. No pics, nothing waiting for years to be scrapped!

Thanks for the AK taste.. Reminds me of the things I/we do enjoy about that park at a perfect time. We usually spend so little time there but think it will be our first day park in October, a Sat. Seems a good choice based on 2012 EasyWDW. Plotting ADRs now...

Sydnerella's Mama

I LOVED the picture of Characters In Flight All lit up. Last summer it was on my Must do list, but right before, was when it was taken out of comission for a while so we couldn't do it. It is on the list for this year. I would love to do it at night, but our DTD day is scheduled for the afternoon.

I'm wondering what the line ups are like in the evening, but It would only just be starting to get dark at 7:30/8 pm and I really want V in bed by 8 on our earlier nights.

Another time hopefully.

Katie looked like she had so much fun with her friend!

Years ago when V was 2 I took her to a Dora Stage show and it was about 20 minutes before the show started. I knew photography wasn't allowed during the show, but I took 2 pictures of V sitting in her seat for the show. The usher descended and was so rude and telling me not to and if I did it again she'd take my camera away! I just said to her, sorry, the show hasn't started yet, I didn't think it would be a problem. It wasn't even a picture of the set. Sheesh, relax!

I'm caught up again! OHMY on the Lion. :blush: That woulda been tough to explain to my girls! Glad you got such a great safari trip! I LOVE the TH breakfast… Love love LOVE it.

And OMG, Katie! Seriously, your daughter has these moments in the pictures of being a kid and then being grown. Like, in the pool with her friend- little girl. Smiling with her glasses on her head? Grown! Sigh… I can't imagine! My girls are getting so big and they are only 4 and not quite 2.

I want to see Cirque! One day…

:lmao:

I have never seen a cheetah out there. And you caught not only ONE of the elusive warthogs... you caught the whole dang family!

Thanks!

The links help DD with the concept of time. Adding the trip wishes makes it fun for them to read through each night before bed.

Thanks Jenn! I had heard the cheetah was hard to find, but didn't know the warthogs were.

How's your DD doing with the countdown?

Awesome Safari photos, Janet!!! :thumbsup2 You know those first few Safari rides early in the morning when the Park first opens are the very BEST!!! In January, both the lions and cheetahs were quite active, and I got some great shots of both. It seemed like all the critters were out enjoying themselves! Also, sometimes really late in the day before the Park closes, in cooler weather, they're out again, too! That's why I always head straight to the Safari when I get into the Park. Great job!

Thanks! We've always done the safari first thing in the morning, because we usually start our AK day at Tusker House. But this was the first time we had that much luck with the animals! :cool1: I'd love to do it later in the day too sometime just for comparison.

I can not believe you got those amazing lion pictures. Those are awesome! It was so cute that the male was grooming the female.

Looks like I need to start doing the safari ASAP in the morning.

I highly recommend it! But I really do think we just got lucky this time.

So jealous of those lions on your safari! How awesome to catch them active lol!

Hahaha Katie's duck pictures are too funny. At least she was taking time to notice the little things!

Aw I'm so glad you guys saw Cirque! It is really an amazing amazing show. We saw it on both our trips because I'm obsessed! I do agree that it's frustrating to not be able to take pictures but at least you just get to focus on enjoying the show!

The AoA pictures look gorgeous! We were thinking we'd stay there if we go in September but I think were going back to Pop instead but the pictures make me wanna change my mind!

I know we all keep repeating it but I really can't get over how much Katie matured! It's captured gorgeously in your photos!

A batch of updates well worth the wait!

Yeah, the duck pictures were fun. I'm not sure how much she loves ducks though and how much she was just messing with me. She really does have a great sense of humor.

Glad you're enjoying the AoA tour. More shots around the resort coming up very soon. I have some just about ready to go. And I made it to the other sections this time!

And yeah. I'm hearing a lot of comments lately about how much Katie is maturing. And not just here on the DIS. We went to a wedding this weekend and saw some friends we had not seen in a while. People barely recognized her I think! Of course, I think we confused things getting her contacts. Everyone had just gotten used to seeing her in glasses!

I have really enjoyed the update. The LM part of AoA is really fun to see through your shots. Looks SO cute! And the entire safari... Such a treat to see the animals so close and clear. Knowing how fast the drivers can go, your images are all the more impressive. Marketing shots!

Thanks you! That safari really is a challenge with all the bumps. I know that's part of the charm. But I do wish they'd stop more often for us photographers! The trick is to get a fast enough shutter speed that it doesn't matter. And even then there were a LOT of throw aways!

I know what you mean about trips seeming too much alike. We want to get on TS island, never do, see innoventions, never do, do our own animation at DHS... But I will say that Every time we are able to add new stuff, we do enjoy it. Being a once a year if that uber fan, I relate to you. I keep wanting a 10 day trip, hoping that will feel more relaxed or complete... But knowing me, it won't... 2 weeks perhaps... But school... And no way can I imagine summer there... Too humid/hot for me!

LOL, you sound just like me. Which is why we tried to do a number of new things this time. It really freshened things up for us! We actually made it to Tom Sawyer island in 2011 for the first time.

I also thought I'd slow down on a 10 day trip. Nope. I just can't help myself! And my feet pay the price when it's done!

I know how you feel about balancing with school though. I actually had a run-in with the school this year over this. Mostly because Katie has been sick a couple times this year in addition to the trip. That must have put her over the magic number they use to trigger a letter of concern. Well, turns out they have 3 letters they send. They "accidentally" sent us letter 3, the most serious one. It threatened to turn us over to the courts to pursue the matter. I was HOT and gave the vice-principal who signed the letter a piece of my mind. I offered to send her to school sick next time, but he declined. He did send an apology later. It seems "the computer" sent the wrong letter. We were just supposed to get one saying they noticed her high absences and wanted to let us know they were concerned. Of course, I'm not sure what the problem is since she made Principal's Honor Roll.

I was really afraid this would make her afraid to take any days off for Disney next year. But nope. She said she's definitely in now..... just to get even with that vice-principal! Hmmm.... wonder where she got that trait...... :cool2:

I hear you on the summer issue too. We're going to be heading down to Sanibel this summer, so not too far from Orlando. I hate to go half way across the country and not stop at Disney. But I don't do theme parks in the heat. So Katie and I are going to stop in for one late night EMH at the MK. We're going to be vampires...... just come out at night! We've done this a couple other times. It will still be hot, but we'll manage for 1 night! :) And it's my make-up opportunity..... my chance to do a few things (many photography related) I missed in December!

We are seeing MP as well in April. Must be headed to Mpls after MO. I'm excited, we love the film. I am eager to see it translated to the stage. I hope it is done really well and have heard only good things so they better be right! no messing up my MP! For me no photos helps with my guilt for not getting things scrap booked. No pics, nothing waiting for years to be scrapped!

Thanks for the AK taste.. Reminds me of the things I/we do enjoy about that park at a perfect time. We usually spend so little time there but think it will be our first day park in October, a Sat. Seems a good choice based on 2012 EasyWDW. Plotting ADRs now...

Sydnerella's Mama

Too funny! We'll have to compare notes on MP after we both see it!

We always end up doing AK on the weekends too. Seems to be a great choice!

I LOVED the picture of Characters In Flight All lit up. Last summer it was on my Must do list, but right before, was when it was taken out of comission for a while so we couldn't do it. It is on the list for this year. I would love to do it at night, but our DTD day is scheduled for the afternoon.

I'm wondering what the line ups are like in the evening, but It would only just be starting to get dark at 7:30/8 pm and I really want V in bed by 8 on our earlier nights.

Another time hopefully.

Katie looked like she had so much fun with her friend!

Years ago when V was 2 I took her to a Dora Stage show and it was about 20 minutes before the show started. I knew photography wasn't allowed during the show, but I took 2 pictures of V sitting in her seat for the show. The usher descended and was so rude and telling me not to and if I did it again she'd take my camera away! I just said to her, sorry, the show hasn't started yet, I didn't think it would be a problem. It wasn't even a picture of the set. Sheesh, relax!

I really don't know how the lines for Characters In Flight are in the evening. We didn't get close enough that night. Stay tuned though. More shots to follow.......

LOL on your Dora stage show. Sheesh. Why did they even let you bring it in if you couldn't take a shot before the show even started? I'm going to bring my camera along to Mary Poppins to take some shots outside by the sign and stuff. Just so I'll have something to put on a scrapbook page. I hope I don't have trouble just having it along!

I'm caught up again! OHMY on the Lion. :blush: That woulda been tough to explain to my girls! Glad you got such a great safari trip! I LOVE the TH breakfast… Love love LOVE it.

And OMG, Katie! Seriously, your daughter has these moments in the pictures of being a kid and then being grown. Like, in the pool with her friend- little girl. Smiling with her glasses on her head? Grown! Sigh… I can't imagine! My girls are getting so big and they are only 4 and not quite 2.

I want to see Cirque! One day…

Yeah for being caught up! I was waiting for you! ;) I was waiting for Carey too! ;);)

And ..... sigh.... .go ahead and keep saying how grown up Katie looks. I'm getting used to it these days. Your summary really hits the nail on the head though...... completely acting like a little kid one minute, then looking all grown up a moment later. It's really hard to process sometimes. Sigh......

And not to worry.... your turn is coming. Don't blink! Before you know it you'll be sitting at Cirque one night with your very own grown up looking girls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter