Magic in the Kingdom 2012! BIG 2/16/2014 FINAL UPDATE!

I think they put it out for Memorial Day Weekend and leave it through the end of the July 4th week/weekend.

Well, then there were 4 trips we should have seen it! LOL, maybe I just thought it was part of the whole "Main Street USA" theming? :lmao:

Oh, so there will be decorations when I'm there for ABD-BSM, of course maybe they'll take them down by July 8. Kind of wanting to see it without any special decorations since it's been so long since I've seen it that way.:)

Let me know what you see when you are there. I'm curious now. :scratchin

I just sat and read your entire trip report tonight; AMAZING! I enjoyed every update and every costume change! Thanks for writing it!

Thank you so much! So glad you found us. I hope you'll join the DLR trip report I'll be starting soon! :cool1:

No TR, bummer. A highlight reel would be nice though :goodvibes

Trips to Disney? No :sad1:

I will be heading up north to The Canadian Rockies (Banff, Japster, Yoho) for ten days with a good friend for some hiking and hopefully some amazing photograph tho scamming July. Hubby has no vacation time, though I am trying to swing a Thanksgiving Fantasy cruise somehow in 2015. Most likly won't happen but I will do my darndest to make it so :thumbsup2

Bummer that you don't have a Disney trip planned right now. But the Canadian Rockies, camera in hand, sound like a good runner up! :yay:

Oh Janet! I am glad that you didn't seriously injure yourself in that fall, even if you still got hurt! You could have broken the hip rather than just severely bruise it. And the camera, I held my breath while reading that part too! I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my camera! (Well, besides spend a ton of money on a new one, either a 70D or maybe even a 5d...)

Thanks again, for sharing! I love reading your TRs and being there in your pictures!

Thanks so much Disneyfreak! Thankfully I had enough padding I didn't break anything. ;) But I won't soon forget the sound of the camera hitting the floor. It wasn't a complete freefall as it was on the strap, but it definitely went down with me and took a pretty hard hit. I thought for a while this year that there was an issue with it, but I really haven't been able to replicate it since then. It had been overexposing some photos, but I think that was more of a flash issue and doesn't seem to be happening any more. And believe me...... I put it (with flash) through the paces in December at DLR!

Thanks for reading along as always! :)

Katie's dresses a AMAZING!

My nieces are 11 and 10. The dresses Disney sells only go up to size 10. I apologize if you've already answered this a million times...do you make the dresses? If so...you are extremely gifted! If not, I'd love to know where you find them or is your daughter able to wear what Disney sells.

Love your photos as well! Very talented photographer!

Many thanks for the kind words. :goodvibes I do make the dresses myself.

I would love to see DL decked out in bunting! Just not sure I'd want to fight July 4th crowds to see it! I think the latest we were there was the June 25th or 26th one year, but don't recall seeing bunting. That's been some years ago though. I'll have to dig through my photos and see if I have just forgotten about it!

So are the temps that bad in late June for a trip to Orlando? Planning a family trip and although my wife went as a teen this will be our first family trip with our 2 daughters (who by trip time will be 5 and 2 and half or going on3) and we are looking at summer 2015 or December 2015 over xmas break...

Temperatures worry us just because they are so young. Also we keep hearing how insanely crowded the park can be during xmas...

Any thoughts?

We are also still trying to suss out which hotel to stay at. The pictures of Art of Animation make it look remarkably cute, as if my kids would love it. But most articles online point towards Contemporary being a good first introduction and kid friendly (due to the view, location and monorail). Again if anyone would care to share their feelings with the optics set to the ages they would be at the time. Thanks for any and all answers - I am feeling overwhelmed just starting to read stuff in here :)

Also to pick your brain... I saw some of your photographs of shows and was wondering what metering mode did you use? Evaluative, spot or partial?

Long time, no read Janet! I'm just about to start this trip report, my daughter and I love to see all of Katie's dresses. Have you started your DLR from this past December yet? I'll have to read that one after I finish this one.

@mom2rtk what a splendidly princess filled trip! Your costumes are just beautiful! Does you daughter help sew them? My daughter was 10 when we first went to Disney World and she was not really into many Princesses so I've missed this entire side of things, and it was fun to read of your adventures. :)

@mom2rtk what a splendidly princess filled trip! Your costumes are just beautiful! Does you daughter help sew them? My daughter was 10 when we first went to Disney World and she was not really into many Princesses so I've missed this entire side of things, and it was fun to read of your adventures. :)

Hi Glittercat! :wave: What an awesome screen name! :) Katie would love that.

Katie has done a little sewing but nothing too advanced. She has an old machine of mine but hasn't spent too much time with it lately. She tends to go more for other crafts.

I'm glad you enjoyed our princess adventures. When you get a chance, check out the "Back to the West" link in my signature for my latest trip report. The princess stuff has taken a back seat, but it's not completely gone. :)

@mom2rtk I think our dear daughters are around the same age! Mine is 14 (she'll be 15 on our next trip) and she is thinking of going in costume this time, actually so am I. ;) I'm probably way too old for dress up, but will never stop! I'm going to show her your gorgeous costumes, you're very talented with design and your sewing skills! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter