Magic In Paradise: 10/8-10/15 2011 All cruisers check in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl: I'm rolling over here Maria because you aptly timed a 99 and 100 post...Very well done!:thumbsup2

Yes, you probably do get a pirate...but you can't take him home with you, your hubby would kill you!:goodvibes

LOL! Thanks, but the only pirate I would want to bring home is Johnny Depp. LOL. So yah, I think my hubby wouldn't be too happy.

Let's get the standings updated here:cool1:

In ascending order here we go:

mariaelenak: Posts 2099 1:bride:
TartanTinker: Posts 1899 1:bride:
Octoberbride03: Posts 99/199/499/1399 4:bride:
KellyJeanDVC: Posts 599/699/799/899 4:bride:
Lauralooneyfordisney: Posts 999/1699 4:bride:
sullins5: Posts 1299/1499/1599 4:bride:

and our current leader......big surprise here

TIGGER/POOH4: Posts 299/399/1099/1199/1799/1999 8 :bride:

Also in ascending order:cool1:

mariaelenak: Post 2100 1pirate:
TartanTinker: Post 1900 1pirate:
Bethshaya: Post 800 1pirate:
Octoberbride03: Posts 100/400 2pirate:
MintJulep: Posts 200/300 2pirate:
KellyJeanDVC: Posts 600/700 2pirate:
aan1701: Posts 1100/1300/1400 3pirate:
sullins5: Posts 1500/1600 3pirate:
Lauralooneyfordisney: Posts 1000/1700 4pirate:

And once again our current leader I dare somebody to beat him:rotfl:

TIGGER/POOH4: Posts 500/1200/1800/2000 7pirate:

OK, now on to other business phew:rotfl:

Laura: we gave Onslow the PurinaOne shortly after we first got him. Ran out of his Nutro and it was a Monsoon outside(seriously, we wound up with 11 inches of rain in the 2 day storm). So it was get something from target or drown running to the Petsmart next door. Well he ate 1 full bowl of it and then half a bowl the next time. 3rd time he wouldn't touch it:lmao: Guilted his mommy and daddy right back to the Nutro. We just wanted him to finish the 1 bag. :rotfl2:

And my understanding of dogs and corn is that they don't process it at all, so I always look for something corn free. We got some samples of the Diamond that Madalyn mentioned and we're sprinkling that in his Nutro to see he takes to it. So far so good:thumbsup2 If he likes it we'll be getting 40lb bags from Southern States for $28.00:cool1::worship: That is less than the $35 for 30lbs we're getting from Petsmart:dance3: Fingers crossed

MaryLynn: Dh and I fall under the max for the boat, but I have no idea if this is something he wants to do. And without a solid idea of pricing I gotta guess its out of our budget. :confused:

I did get Palo for Thursday night. I'm a little apprehensive about dining alone, but I think it'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy a nice quite dinner all to yourself. Sometimes a nice quiet dinner is just wonderful. You can enjoy the food and relax. If you get a reservation around sunset, you can enjoy the beautiful sunset while you eat.

Been quite a busy day here. Here's hoping that tomorrow is less busy than today. Have more to post but i am tired and gotta get ready for work. Have a good night everybody:thumbsup2

We had a last minute cabin upgrade once on a Carnival cruise, and by last minute I mean we didn't know until we got there and were checking in. I guess the only thing you can do is deliver your things right away with a note saying you have a new cabin number.

Any other ideas??

I'm thinking that is probably the best solution. If you get a cabin change, deliver your gifts right away with a note on your cabin change. I don't know doing it at the DISmeet will reach everybody since I don't think everyone makes it to the DISmeet.

OK, now on to other business phew:rotfl:

We got some samples of the Diamond that Madalyn mentioned and we're sprinkling that in his Nutro to see he takes to it. So far so good:thumbsup2 If he likes it we'll be getting 40lb bags from Southern States for $28.00:cool1::worship: That is less than the $35 for 30lbs we're getting from Petsmart:dance3: Fingers crossed

Hey, glad you found it and they still make it! For us and Gizmo, it was a perfect balance for him. He ate it fine and lived for 17 years, so we never complained. Love seeing your Onslow, but boy does he bring back sweet, sweet memories of our Giz!

And bless your heart...you've had a ton to do! Hope the rest of your week is easy breezy!;)

Also in ascending order:cool1:

mariaelenak: Post 2100 1pirate:
TartanTinker: Post 1900 1pirate:
Bethshaya: Post 800 1pirate:
Octoberbride03: Posts 100/400 2pirate:
MintJulep: Posts 200/300 2pirate:
KellyJeanDVC: Posts 600/700 2pirate:
aan1701: Posts 1100/1300/1400 3pirate:
sullins5: Posts 1500/1600 3pirate:
Lauralooneyfordisney: Posts 1000/1700 4pirate:

And once again our current leader I dare somebody to beat him:rotfl:

TIGGER/POOH4: Posts 500/1200/1800/2000 7pirate:

:idea: I think Dan is entirely too free and we mateys pirate: ought to put him out of his misery and make him walk the plank.:rotfl:

Actually, we are thankful for the countdowns and the pics , so maybe we'll all have to share Mickey Bars!

Alright, I gotta get off my but here and go do some house work.

For the doggie owners here: What do y'all feed em? Looking for a new food for Onslow that won't break the bank. His current is Nutro Max, but I think he's needing a change.

Well, lets see. On Monday nights, Bella and Callie get spaghetti and meatballs. Tuesday night it is chicken and string beans. Wednesday, pork chops....

Oh, and they get regular dog food from the store, but at night, they get a little scoop of whatever we are eating.

They go nuts for meatballs and french fries.

We had Callie on a raw food diet for about a year and a half to see if it helped her allergies (constant scratching). Her coat looked beautiful and she got nice and lean. but she still scratched. She got raw lean ground chuck, mixed veggies (beans, carrots, corn, peas), and plain yogurt. She was one happy doggy.

Now she gets Beneful Healthy Radiance (dry), mixed with about a 1/4 cup of canned Alpo. Oh and yes, my husband also brings her plain McDonald hamburgers several times a week. And he says I spoil her! Tonight she'll be having left over Prime Rib from Outback because my husband orders the giant size prime rib so he can share with her.

:lmao: Luke & Lucy also LOVE vanilla ice cream and popcorn. When we have Orville's popcorn at night it is one for me and one for you two, one for me and one for you two. They never leave Mama's chair.:rotfl:

And that's the way it is supposed to be for the Furr-babies!

Spoil'em, love'em and they love you back! Nothing like a pup who wont leave your side and gets so excited when you come home, even if you've only been to the mailbox and back!

OK, a free moment to check in with everybody.

Yesterday was a very long day. Had to take Rally to the vets cause he had potty issues. Spent almost 2 hours there before coming with medicine we have to give him with a dropper. then it was cook dinner and try to clean the kitchen. Got the kitchen about half done by the time dinner was ready. When I was getting ready for bed just b4 10, Onslow decided he needed to go out:confused: He never goes out that late. Turns out he had potty issues too. Poor baby. We think its the weather. So HOT here tonight.

I love hearing about what everybody feeds their doggies:rotfl: We try to spoil Onslow with affection instead of food. Mostly we succeed. We want him around for a long long time :love:

Maria I'm gonna tell you what I read on the Community board 1 time, not long after we first got Onslow. It was rather compelling advice NOT to give McDonald's hamburgers to dogs. Seems the OP's dog had gotten pancreatitis from 1 of them and nearly died. I'd hate to see that happen any of our dogs. Cause we love em so much. Don't know how common it is, but I just thought you'd want to know.

Maria I'm gonna tell you what I read on the Community board 1 time, not long after we first got Onslow. It was rather compelling advice NOT to give McDonald's hamburgers to dogs. Seems the OP's dog had gotten pancreatitis from 1 of them and nearly died. I'd hate to see that happen any of our dogs. Cause we love em so much. Don't know how common it is, but I just thought you'd want to know.

I try not to give Callie people food, however, I'm always over ruled when it comes to my husband. At least I have him trained to order a small burger plain, because those onions can kill a dog too. Callie is a large dog, so hopefully a small plain burger won't hurt her. But yes, animal fats and fried foods can cause pancreatitis.

Checking in online now. We have not yet decided about how to handle our on-board account. Debating on whether to use Disney Gift cards instead of a credit card this time. If I choose the cash option now and decide it I can do that right as long as its before the final deadline of 4 days out:confused:

I decided to ask this on the main board since I wanted to get done with Check-in tonight. Looks I can change everything easy-peasy:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter