• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic In Paradise: 10/8-10/15 2011 All cruisers check in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!!! Joining up for Magic in Paradise 2011!

This is my first Disney Cruise, and I am SO excited!:goodvibes Also, my first foray into DISboards, so I hope I am doing this right.;) Traveling with me is my D(sister) and D(mom) for a mini family reunion, they live in Ga and I live in TN. We try to get together every October and although we love WDW (especially the Grand Floridian) we thought this would be a nice change of pace. Can't wait to join the fun and countin' down the days.:dance3:

This is my first Disney Cruise, and I am SO excited!:goodvibes Also, my first foray into DISboards, so I hope I am doing this right.;) Traveling with me is my D(sister) and D(mom) for a mini family reunion, they live in Ga and I live in TN. We try to get together every October and although we love WDW (especially the Grand Floridian) we thought this would be a nice change of pace. Can't wait to join the fun and countin' down the days.:dance3:

:welcome: to the Magic in Paradise cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and also :welcome: to the DIS. We have a mix of DISsers with us from newbies to veterans. If you have any questions regarding this cruise please do not hestitate to ask and someone here will try to answer your questions. We now have only 164 days to the Magic :cool1: :banana::cool1::banana:

Welcome aboard! So glad you're joining us! We live in the tri state area, so we could be neighbors! It's our first Disney Cruise too, and there really are a lot of nice veterans on here to help, so glad you joined! And we usually go to the world every year, so this is definitely a first for us, but we are pumped about this cruise to be sure! We think it's going to be great!

:welcome: to the boards and the best DIS group ever. :banana: We will be newbies too along with a few others. There is tons of help and great ideas to be found here.

I agree- 4 days is very short and I really wanted to do the 7 day to relax! Next one is definitely my choice! Have fun everyone!

:wave:

Happy Thursday Everyone! Looking forward to the weekend, a little less stress and of course, our cruise! Hope you're all having a good week!:thumbsup2

Is it time to go yet?

:welcome: to all the new cruisers. Details as reported are posted in the spreadsheet. Will update the first post later tonight or tomorrow. Very busy life this week.

TGIF

IMG_2555.jpg

What part of TN? We are in Bristol, NE TN

<

Knoxville TN. We got hit pretty bad on the 27th with the weather. Didn't see a tornado but the same storm that hit Tuscaloosa dropped baseball sized hail on West Knoxville. Had to have my car towed and it will probably be totaled, but at least I still have a place to live. How was the weather in Bristol?

We'll be on the same cruise and full of Tennesseeians (is that a word). Getting married on this cruise and Fiancee and his side of the family are all from Clarksville.

and full of Tennesseeians (is that a word). Getting married on this cruise and Fiancee and his side of the family are all from Clarksville.

Oh my goodness! After this week, I think we'll be soggy Tennessians and Mississippians!!! I can't wait for October!!! We're due for more rain on Sunday, and I know everyone's anticipating whether it'll be bad or not, so our cruise thread is a :welcome: relief!!!

Looking forward to our countdown tomorrow, and still planning. Everyone already got in mind what you're doing for excursions? We've got until July 25 to solidify our decision and thankfully CC is an easy one! :yay: It's sneaking up on us fast!!!!

Good morning fellow cruisers. It is that time of the week again. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-2-50-trans.gif
tharg-3-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Magic. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Dan, Dan, Dan....and what will we be doing in 23 weeks? Don't you have a picture for us today?:) Or anyone? I find myself looking every day for new pics of previous cruises. How about one of the boarding process? Or a character meet and greet? Or just a 'fun' moment for anyone's family on the ship? This newbie loves to see what I have to look forward too!

Hope y'all have a good Saturday! :wave:...we're working on our FE's already, so Saturdays are our planning days!

Well I have a pic but it is not the Magic. I took this yesterday as we had the urge to spend the day in San Fransico.
0fde9898.jpg

This is The Wonder in her berth there yesterday.

Dan, Dan, Dan....and what will we be doing in 23 weeks? Don't you have a picture for us today?:) Or anyone? I find myself looking every day for new pics of previous cruises. How about one of the boarding process? Or a character meet and greet? Or just a 'fun' moment for anyone's family on the ship? This newbie loves to see what I have to look forward too!

Hope y'all have a good Saturday! :wave:...we're working on our FE's already, so Saturdays are our planning days!

Embarkation lunch at Topsiders

IMG_0306.jpg

Sail Away Party

IMG_2084-1.jpg

Disney Teminal as it will look like if you arrive early waiting to board. It will not be that crowded as reports on the boards as we are on the Magic and not the Dream with 1/3 more guests.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0290-1.jpg

Not that I want to wish the summer away, but I can't wait until October arrives!!! I feel like I have a huge weight lifted off my chest because I finally asked for vacation days off for the cruise and they didn't have a problem. I was a little nervous because I work two part time jobs for the same company and I just started in Jan.

Also, I have a question, does anyone know if Southwest is participating in the on board check out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter