• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic In Paradise: 10/8-10/15 2011 All cruisers check in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Dh and his thought was the same as mine. "Being in the middle of Nowhere":rotfl2:

No phones, no work, no traffic, no bosses...............

Yeah us too. NO phones, no work, not having to be anywhere at any given time unless we want to. I really need to destress from work. I also had some tests done and now have to have a biopsy done. I am just going to think that all is well and me & DH will be on CC before we know it.

Yeah us too. NO phones, no work, not having to be anywhere at any given time unless we want to. I really need to destress from work. I also had some tests done and now have to have a biopsy done. I am just going to think that all is well and me & DH will be on CC before we know it.

Oh geeze. Good thoughts for your biospy.

For myself I'm living in a period called "I'm perfectly fine until i go to the Dr's office":sad2: Went to gyn last year for my annual, its now a semi-annual, gotta go back tomorrow. Went to the eye dr's last week for a check up and see about prescription eye glasses. Had a map made of my retina with a new fangled machine. NOW I've got a hole in my retina that I didn't know about and have to go back in 4 months to see if it gets bigger. Is it any wonder that i don't go to the dentist? :rolleyes:

Will definitely keep fingers crossed for the biopsy and it will all work out. 6 months and change and we'll be on the cruise:thumbsup2

Visiting new destinations, boarding the Magic on my birthday and enjoying the beautiful ocean.:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Are you going to Palo on your birthday? They will help you celebrate your big day.

IMG_1890.jpg

:thumbsup2
So sorry that I haven't been on in a few days. My office at home got flooded so the computer was off all weekend. The code I used was Y937800. It should still be good.

For others: I think the $60 range is good for minivans too but I haven't ever had to rent one?
:thumbsup2:That's the code I used for the van, and so far nothing cheaper!
And we'll just have to pray for you and Maureen a healthful spring and summer! Know those biopsies can be intimidating and fearful, so we'll have to pray that those will come back fine! And if it's any consolation, they've told me numerous times they thought I had differing ailments, and each time , they were wrong! :goodvibes

Are you going to Palo on your birthday? They will help you celebrate your big day.

IMG_1890.jpg

Ok Dan, I'm sorry, but when I see pictures of chocolate smeared on a plate the 'kid in me' wants to take my finger and .... :rotfl:
It just about better have some kind of dessert on there!:)

Ok Dan, I'm sorry, but when I see pictures of chocolate smeared on a plate the 'kid in me' wants to take my finger and .... :rotfl:
It just about better have some kind of dessert on there!:)

How about "Nothing" on your plate :lmao::lmao::lmao: Be careful if you tell your server you want nothing for your dessert.

IMG_1536.jpg

QUOTE=MandMLUVMMandDVC;40614885]I wanted to be sure that this milestone of 900 posts was shared with you, as I tell you to Have a Wonderful Evening :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Oh Wow!!! Congrats on 900!!!! Some of us have a l-o-n-g way to go!!!

:wave: Good Morning everyone! I just figured since I've had the wonderful pleasure (I'm being sarcastic here) of being awake since 4, then 5, and now I'm UP....I'd just do a few things before I really get started!

And this is WHY I can't wait for our cruise!!!! I'd like to get a full 8 hours of rest, enjoy the sunshine, relax by a pool or beach, everyone do their OWN thing, and even be by myself for a little while on a crowded ship!
...and nope, i'm not :crazy:...yet:goodvibes

Sorry I have been pretty quiet here. I recently started not just one, but two part time jobs, which have been keeping me pretty busy!

I am counting down the days until the cruise! I can't wait until October.

I also have a question, has anyone purchased or won free art from the gallery on the cruise. Last October I won a free print and I still have yet to receive it. Does it usually take this long, or should I start contacting someone? :confused3

Sorry I have been pretty quiet here. I recently started not just one, but two part time jobs, which have been keeping me pretty busy!

I also have a question, has anyone purchased or won free art from the gallery on the cruise. Last October I won a free print and I still have yet to receive it. Does it usually take this long, or should I start contacting someone? :confused3

:sad2::headache::mad:

OH wow. There are 1 or 2 threads on the main board that you should be following. I have never bought/won any art from the cruise and I'm thrilled that I didn't. Did you pay for the shipping costs on the piece that you won? If you did its time to contact the gallery and/or DCL and get a refund. If you didn't and they were shipping it for free I'd still write DCL but basically just write off the piece.

I'll go look em up for you. I always lurk on those threads and consider it a very handy education as this time around IF they are still doing the auctions and drawings I will not even be submitting my name for the free pieces. Last time I did but didn't win anything.

Oh my goodness!!:eek: I totally agree with Maureen! There was a thread a few days back where someone was saying "Don't buy from them" due to all the problems! So I would be contacting them left and right!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. Sending hugs:grouphug: your way too Maureen. We are so looking forward to relaxing and spending lots of time at the adult pool and bar. :lmao:
We are having two months of strong winds here with extreme fire danger since we haven't had any moisture to speak of. I really don't want a blizzard but we really could use some rain here. Time to do the rain dance.:dance3:

:wave:...ok, guys. I'm telling you this ALWAYS happens to us! I had just posted my PTR (more to document how I feel and what I've done about our 1st Disney cruise) and had shared how it's always an adventure, because something always happens...
Well, since my dd won the Easter Egg Roll Lottery, we decided to go ahead and book our 1st trip to DC on that weekend. I've been, but dh and dd have not. So sounds good right? :rotfl: Then on the news they listed what would be closed for a week or two if the government shuts down. :scared1:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/04/news/economy/shutdown_faq/index.htm?cnn=yes

I called dh laughing, and told him "Want to see DC in the dark?" He said "What?" I'm sorry, but it really would be something if everything were closed when we get up there. I would hope that all those kids they've invited to the EER wouldn't be disappointed, but if so...we'll do something.
Always an adventure....;)

Found it:thumbsup2

Had to go searching for it, but here is the most helpful thread. its got contact names and emails for DCL/West End Galleries that will actually get you somewhere. More likely with DCL than with West End. I am hoping that come Oct. there will be no more of this crap on the ships.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2641431&highlight=west+end+galleries

Thank you so much for the link. The good thing is we didn't have to pay for anything so it really isn't that much of a loss, but I don't like feeling like I have been ripped off. grrrr...:mad: I am going to have to contact them.

:
Just wanted to share some happy news. We just booked the Hawaii cruise on the Wonder.

:thumbsup2 Awwwww....WOW!!!! That's my NEXT dream destination!!! When are you going? And I notice a lot of you do that...do you cruise every year? if so...WOW!!!!

:

:thumbsup2 Awwwww....WOW!!!! That's my NEXT dream destination!!! When are you going? And I notice a lot of you do that...do you cruise every year? if so...WOW!!!!

We try and take at least one per year. This year we are taking 2 cause the Panama Canal was this year. The Hawaii cruise is on 4/29/12 for 15 nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter