Magic in Europe in 2014? Wouldn't that be grand?

redsonja76

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any ideas about when Magic's summer itinerary will be released? We just found out that we'll probably be living in Europe a few years longer and my dd1 graduates from high school next year, I'd LOVE to take her back on the Magic for a present. When do you think we'll know?

no idea and I'm patiently waiting here as well - though we've done a 10-night Med already in 2008 when Magic was in Europe for the first time, so we're really looking for Baltic or some non-Med cruises :rolleyes2

I would also love a baltics cruise! My husband is half Finn, and we'd just love to see Finland while we live here!

We are hoping that Magic (or Wonder) will come back to the UK in 2014. :)

LisaHK said:
We are hoping that Magic (or Wonder) will come back to the UK in 2014. :)

We've said this year's med cruise will be our last DCL in a few years, but that might be an opportunity too good to miss!

I looked at my booking confirmation for the 2013 Med from last year and I booked it around this time last year....so I'm guessing 2013 itineraries should be out soon.

Rumors.....have been that DCL will do the Med every other year (also their past history has been this. I don't think they have done the Med 2 years in a row that I can remember).

We are hoping for a return of a DCL ship to NYC for the summer of 2014!! Can't wait for the rest of the 2014 to be released.

MJ

Only if they have some ports I haven't been to already...I think I'll be looking at other lines just to get different ports. I will have done two Meds and a Baltic with DCL.

There were consecutive years in the Med 2010 and 2011.

On the issue of rumors....there is one circulating that the WONDER will do a TA in 2014. This was started after a comment made by a senior officer who rapidly tried to cover his tracks that he had mis-spoken. So who knows? And if the Wonder is doing a TA, presumably for an extended dry dock, it only makes sense to do some cruises while there.

im afraid if it will be the wonder and not the magic there will not be a WBTA just like this year.
The wonder is still planed for a drydock in europe

Rumors.....have been that DCL will do the Med every other year (also their past history has been this. I don't think they have done the Med 2 years in a row that I can remember).

We are hoping for a return of a DCL ship to NYC for the summer of 2014!! Can't wait for the rest of the 2014 to be released.

MJ

I refuse to fly so I am hoping it will return to NYC. That is the only way I will ever sail DCL again. I am so glad we went this past summer in case she doesn't come back.

We want NYC!!! :goodvibes it seems like they did well there!! I know we will be on it again if it comes back!!!

The Magic is the ship on some port schedules in Europe, but port schedules can be wrong. I think the Wonder will go to Alaska again, and it can dry dock in Victoria in September.

I've heard we might see something in two weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed for Europe! Frankly, I don't care which ship it is. We'll be stationed in Europe and can't make it back to the US so this is our only chance for a DCL cruise in 2014.

If they made a two ship deal for the drydock major maintenance/upgrade with the facility in Cadiz Spain, which makes a lot of financial sense, you are likely to see the Wonder go to Europe in 2014 with drydock in Sept/Oct. The Magic could be going to Alaska although there have been rumours for several months that they may not go to Alaska in 2014. If that is the case, then the Magic may go back to NYC for the summer, as they have definitely stated that they will sail from there again in the future.

If they made a two ship deal for the drydock major maintenance/upgrade with the facility in Cadiz Spain, which makes a lot of financial sense, you are likely to see the Wonder go to Europe in 2014 with drydock in Sept/Oct. The Magic could be going to Alaska although there have been rumours for several months that they may not go to Alaska in 2014. If that is the case, then the Magic may go back to NYC for the summer, as they have definitely stated that they will sail from there again in the future.

It would make sense for DCL to put a newly refurbished ship in NY since they would be competing with NCL's Breakaway. For selfish reasons, though, I'd love to see the Magic in Europe next summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter