Magic heading to Europe in 2017?

Thank you for that information. I just looked on the blog site and it says that the Wonder will be in dry dock in 2016 in Cadiz after the EBPC. I wanted to make sure I remembered that information and was reminded that the Magic had been in dry dock this year because the Wonder would be next year. Also I knew that the Panama Canal expansion is done and they are testing the new locks.

Your welcome. It seems odd thought that they would send the Wonder to Cadiz, then bring her back again to go to Galveston. It would make more sense to either leave her there for the European or send her to Freeport. I know Scott had mentioned that Cadiz had only been rumored and that the original article disappeared but somehow reappeared. Not that Im doubting him.

Last edited:
Ok, now that we know that the Dream and the Fantasy will be doing Bahamas or Caribbean respectively until the end of May 2017, I think it is safe to say that my theory about one of them moving away from Port Canaveral for the summer of 2017 is not going to become reality. So, back to the general assumption that we will see the Magic in Europe during the summer of 2017.

Ok, now that we know that the Dream and the Fantasy will be doing Bahamas or Caribbean respectively until the end of May 2017, I think it is safe to say that my theory about one of them moving away from Port Canaveral for the summer of 2017 is not going to become reality. So, back to the general assumption that we will see the Magic in Europe during the summer of 2017.

Either that or the Wonder going to Europe, with the Magic going to Galveston. Didn't they do something similar a few years ago where the Magic and Wonder basically traded places? The Magic went from Miami to Galveston and the Wonder the other way around?

Your welcome. It seems odd thought that they would send the Wonder to Cadiz, then bring her back again to go to Galveston. It would make more sense to either leave her there for the European or send her to Freeport. I know Scott had mentioned that Cadiz had only been rumored and that the original article disappeared but somehow reappeared. Not that Im doubting him.
Well, fact is that between the EBPC ending Sep 8, 2016 and her cruise cruise leaving Galveston Nov 10, 2016 no cruise dates are announced or bookable. This pretty much ensures the window the Wonder will receive her reimagineering. This is also long enough to send her to Cadiz and back with crew working on the ship during the Transatlantic. It may just come down to the deal DCL made with the Cadiz yard for two ships.

Well, fact is that between the EBPC ending Sep 8, 2016 and her cruise cruise leaving Galveston Nov 10, 2016 no cruise dates are announced or bookable. This pretty much ensures the window the Wonder will receive her reimagineering. This is also long enough to send her to Cadiz and back with crew working on the ship during the Transatlantic. It may just come down to the deal DCL made with the Cadiz yard for two ships.
I'm not doubting the time frame. I'm just looking logically at the way it's presented. Yes it would give DCL plenty of time to reimagine the Wonder, but it seems a waste to send her over and back in 2 months. Logistically it would be easier to leave the Wonder in Europe and bring the Magic as her replacement for a season. Then again DCL is a glutton for punishment in going back to yards that have history's of doing more damage then they fix.

Sorry I'm hijacking too. Just to ask a silly question can the larger ships fit in all the European ports the Magic usually goes to? I can understand the Wonder but the Dream/Fantasy seem much bigger and, for example, 2016 they are doing a British Isles cruise and I just couldn't imagine a larger ship docking in some of those ports - and I'm not saying all of them just some of them. Also the PC cruises always seem very popular and full so wouldn't it make more sense to move the smaller ships than the bigger ones?

I don't think they could do Norway with the bigger ships. Especially Geiranger. With how well Norway did this year, and it seems to be doing well next summer, I'd be surprised if there were no Norway cruises (and Norway seemed to LOVE having DCL there and will make it favorable for DCL to continue visiting while that holds).

I don't think they could do Norway with the bigger ships. Especially Geiranger. With how well Norway did this year, and it seems to be doing well next summer, I'd be surprised if there were no Norway cruises (and Norway seemed to LOVE having DCL there and will make it favorable for DCL to continue visiting while that holds).

That was one of the place I was thinking. You don't see many big ships doing Norway area as its just not possible.

I am not so sure how well the Norway cruises sold really. The one I was on was full of CMs who were able to book it at very reduced rates. To me that is a sign of not selling well.

Also, MSC has the MSC Splendida doing Norway cruises, including a stop at Geiranger, and the MSC Splendida is only 20 feet shorter than the Fantasy. Of course those 20 feet might make the difference, but I think one cannot say that big ships don't go into the fjords. The Celebrity ships are not that far behind in size either.

Of course, the whole discussion about Dream or Fantasy in Europe does not really matter yet, as it is obvious that they won't go there in 2017. :goodvibes Just my wishful thinking because I want to do a transatlantic cruise on one of them! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter