Magic Goes Texan! Eight Crazy Nights (3/1/2013 Bahamas)

I am waiting for the Fish Extender and pillowcase that I ordered from Etsy to arrive and it is supposed to be here by the 20th. I looked on Etsy and the seller has deleted all the listings from their shop!!!

I emailed her last night but haven't heard back yet. Trying to think positive but fearing the worst.

If you are in FE#2 and see a room with Target bags hanging from the fish, you'll know what happened...

:confused3:scared::crazy2:

That is upsetting - I hope that it does arrive. but if it does not and you have to use that target bags you can think of it a Target shopping spree full of surprises from friends.
Bernie

Bernie

Tangled22 said:
I am waiting for the Fish Extender and pillowcase that I ordered from Etsy to arrive and it is supposed to be here by the 20th. I looked on Etsy and the seller has deleted all the listings from their shop!!!

I emailed her last night but haven't heard back yet. Trying to think positive but fearing the worst.

If you are in FE#2 and see a room with Target bags hanging from the fish, you'll know what happened...

Keep trying some times they close down shop because they are behind on orders. I was thinking about getting a reusable tote from the disney store with Jake and the Neverland pirates and making a note our fish extender is lost in Neverland with the lost boys! Since we lost ours. Keep trying.

So maybe etsy is a big fail this weekend! :-( I have been so excited about the great find I thought I had made for unique FE gifts. I have been in contact with the etsy seller for a couple of months and placed my order in plenty of time. She gave me a great special bulk price, which was part of the reason I joined FE 2.

Today I get an e-mail that she's "so sorry" but she is not going to be able to complete the order because she is "having trouble getting some of the materials." Procrastinate much?? So now I am starting at square one, with less than two weeks to go. First world problems...

But seriously, I am irritated! I have finally gotten to a point where I am not stressed out by my to-do list. Shopped for DH all day yesterday and ready to get him packed. Lilia has outgrown literally every stitch of cruise clothing I bought for this trip at the end of last summer, so she is next on my list. I have four tennis matches to play this week - USTA league matches so I can't just cancel them. Good thing I am an insomniac, because the middle of the night is the only time I'll have to get anything done!

Ok, rant over. Carry on.

threewilmingtonwalls said:
So maybe etsy is a big fail this weekend! :-( I have been so excited about the great find I thought I had made for unique FE gifts. I have been in contact with the etsy seller for a couple of months and placed my order in plenty of time. She gave me a great special bulk price, which was part of the reason I joined FE 2.

Today I get an e-mail that she's "so sorry" but she is not going to be able to complete the order because she is "having trouble getting some of the materials." Procrastinate much?? So now I am starting at square one, with less than two weeks to go. First world problems...

But seriously, I am irritated! I have finally gotten to a point where I am not stressed out by my to-do list. Shopped for DH all day yesterday and ready to get him packed. Lilia has outgrown literally every stitch of cruise clothing I bought for this trip at the end of last summer, so she is next on my list. I have four tennis matches to play this week - USTA league matches so I can't just cancel them. Good thing I am an insomniac, because the middle of the night is the only time I'll have to get anything done!

Ok, rant over. Carry on.

Can I add my problem of the day? Went to Walmart for milk, bread and disposable razors for the cruise. It ended up costing me $150.00. Some idiot broke off my passenger side mirror, just left it hanging by the wire. I have fold away mirrors, they just don't fold forward.i think we all NEED this trip ASAP.

hi this is Michael I want to see if we have any cigar smokers on board I don't smoke cigars very often but on vacation I do enjoy a good cigar what anybody like to meet up on the cruise ship for a adult beverage a good conversation and a cigar please let me know Michael

disneyfan19712006 said:
Can I add my problem of the day? Went to Walmart for milk, bread and disposable razors for the cruise. It ended up costing me $150.00. Some idiot broke off my passenger side mirror, just left it hanging by the wire. I have fold away mirrors, they just don't fold forward.i think we all NEED this trip ASAP.

Oh, boo!! That stinks. :-(

yaknyeti said:
hi this is Michael I want to see if we have any cigar smokers on board I don't smoke cigars very often but on vacation I do enjoy a good cigar what anybody like to meet up on the cruise ship for a adult beverage a good conversation and a cigar please let me know Michael

Hi! My hubby Tim is a vacation cigar-smoker, too. As a matter of fact, I was going to get him a couple to take on the cruise when I was in Key West a few weeks ago, but I got so overwhelmed by the selection that I left without buying any. If you have any recommendations, I could still run by our local tobacco shop. He'd love to have someone to share a chat and a cigar. You and Sonia are coming to the Sessions party, right?

threewilmingtonwalls said:
Hi! My hubby Tim is a vacation cigar-smoker, too. As a matter of fact, I was going to get him a couple to take on the cruise when I was in Key West a few weeks ago, but I got so overwhelmed by the selection that I left without buying any. If you have any recommendations, I could still run by our local tobacco shop. He'd love to have someone to share a chat and a cigar. You and Sonia are coming to the Sessions party, right?

Wait...I just gave myself another errand to run. Hahaha!

okay that sounds great it depends if Tim is if he likes a stronger cigar I would suggest Opus X lost city padron anniversary 1926 80 anniversary or padron number 9 then if he like something more medium Diamond crown cigar devin off Ashton cigar and then for the money Brickhouse makes a good cigar called mighty mighty triple Maduro those are my selections for the cigars for now looking forward to meeting you and Tim and everybody else on this board everybody's been so helpful

Does anyone on here have any experience with the Trip insurance when there is a non-traveling family member sick?

My mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and has been in the hospital for 3 weeks. She was improving but there have been some setbacks in the last couple of days. So we are not sure if we are going to be able to go on the cruise. (My mother really wants us to go because she is a huge tinkerbell fan and has gone by the name Tinker since she was 14.)

Anyway, I can't tell from the trip insurance document if this qualifies for a refund because I think by their rules, we would have had to cancel within 3 days of her going into the hospital.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Sonia and I will be coming to the sessions party and we're planning on coming to the spot but at this point it's not a definite me and Sonia wants to thank you for setting all the activities up for us me and Sonya actually organize our last cruise and the cruise company was not as flexible they wanted 1 person to pay for the entire bill so we could appreciate all the hard work it is to organize this

Tangled22 said:
Does anyone on here have any experience with the Trip insurance when there is a non-traveling family member sick?

My mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and has been in the hospital for 3 weeks. She was improving but there have been some setbacks in the last couple of days. So we are not sure if we are going to be able to go on the cruise. (My mother really wants us to go because she is a huge tinkerbell fan and has gone by the name Tinker since she was 14.)

Anyway, I can't tell from the trip insurance document if this qualifies for a refund because I think by their rules, we would have had to cancel within 3 days of her going into the hospital.

Sorry to hear this. I unfortunately do not know the answer. Maybe ask this on the cruise line board, not just the meets. Someone should know this, there are many travel agents on the boards that might know.

99 cent store has Mickey/Minnie bags that are a great size for a FE! I bought one and put our names on it with fabric paint. Easy and quick!
Just in case you end up not getting yours from Etsy.
Elaine

They are all different, I would call and ask. Sometimes they will refund for just one person (you) to stay home...sometimes it is for your entire group. It doesn't hurt to call and see.
And I'm so sorry to hear about your mom being sick, hope it all works out okay.
Elaine

Tangled22 said:

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't have an an answer for you, but I will be thinking of your family and hoping for the best outcome both for the trip and with her diagnosis.

yaknyeti said:
Sonia and I will be coming to the sessions party and we're planning on coming to the spot but at this point it's not a definite me and Sonia wants to thank you for setting all the activities up for us me and Sonya actually organize our last cruise and the cruise company was not as flexible they wanted 1 person to pay for the entire bill so we could appreciate all the hard work it is to organize this

Great; we will be looking forward to seeing you at one or both events!

DCL did give me the line about one person in the group having to host and take responsibility for the Sessions bar bill. I was like, "Umm...no. We can pre-book 49 people at $20 a pop and you can bill us separately, or we'll meet in the Promenade Lounge and maybe spend half that amount of money. Your call."

They have been great ever since, but the initial negotiations were tricky. Thanks for the cigar tips!

Great; we will be looking forward to seeing you at one or both events!

DCL did give me the line about one person in the group having to host and take responsibility for the Sessions bar bill. I was like, "Umm...no. We can pre-book 49 people and $20 a pop and you can bill us separately, or we'll meet in the Promenade Lounge and maybe spend half that amount of money. Your call."

They have been great ever since, but the initial negotiations were tricky. Thanks for the cigar tips!

So sorry to hear about your FE gifts that stinks!

Alexis,
You could make the group magnets your FE gifts, you've already done so much!

MiceFan said:
Alexis,
You could make the group magnets your FE gifts, you've already done so much!

Aww - thanks! I think I have come up with a back-up plan, but if I can't make it work you might all end up with magnets! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter