• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands and Military Tickets

I spoke with disney today and the guy said he gives it a 90% chance they will NOT transfer but to try anyway. I'm out nothing if I try and should have no problems linking the new tickets according to him. I hope he's right and that one person can have 2 tickets linked to them.

I had to call today about a different issue, but asked the CM while I had her on the phone if she knew anything about this. She said from speaking to other military people they were able to keep their original fp+ times and that when we get the new real tickets they will be linked as well. We'll see 10 days and I'll let ya'll know!

First log onto My Disney Experience on the Disneyworld website then sign in or register. Enter the family and/or friends in your party under "create family and friends list." This should allow you to pick magic band colors for each under "Manage Magic Bands." Click on "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" on the right. Select "ticket or pass." You'll see a large sample ticket and other small sample tickets under it. Make sure you select the sample with 17-20 digits. Enter the number on the very bottom left corner of your paper ticket where it says "ID or ticket order number" and click next. It will then ask you to assign this ticket to a guest in your party. Make sure you write down which paper ticket # you assign to each magic band. You can also link your resort reservation in the same way. Hope this helps!

Thank you. I had been told I could not link the vouchers, but it worked well.

Thanks both of you and have a great trip! I am hearing good things about linking the Salute vouchers and being able to keep the fast plus+ times. I hope they figure a similar way to allow the Stars and Stripe tickets to utilize the system in advance like the rest as well. Have fun! :wave2:

Has anyone been to DW after they have linked the Military Voucher and was able to keep FastPass+? Does it work? Just worried about getting the voucher and then losing the FastPass+ time after turning the voucher into the actually ticket.

Yes I went with military tickets got my magic bands and fast passes. When we arrived we upgraded to annual passes. We did have to mention it to someone with iPad had to do a few clicks and bam! They had everything linked!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So you had the vouchers first, link them to the magic band and then got the actually ticket?

We had used tickets that only had water park days left, made fast pass selections, arrived at Disney and upgraded to annual passes... Got to keep all our selections!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just wanted to report on our experience!

We purchased our vouchers from our base rec. center and linked them through MDE and made fp+ selections before we left.

We arrived Sun. afternoon and changed plans and decided we wanted to do Disney Quest that evening. The concierge recommended us taking our vouchers to the guest relation in DTD right next to Disney Quest. The CM took our vouchers (I had written our names on the back of each so she knew which # was linked to which band), she asked for DH's military id, and had me write each of our names and birthdays down and she entered those in. She issued us each a card ticket and we were on our way in like 5 minutes! She said all of our fp+ selections would be linked. We walked right in to DQ with no problem, all of our fp+ selections have worked at DHS adn Epcot, and using the ddp with the mb's have been super easy!

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me as I have my phone and I'll check that. Hope this helps!

We purchased our vouchers from our base rec. center and linked them through MDE and made fp+ selections before we left.

We arrived Sun. afternoon and changed plans and decided we wanted to do Disney Quest that evening. The concierge recommended us taking our vouchers to the guest relation in DTD right next to Disney Quest. The CM took our vouchers (I had written our names on the back of each so she knew which # was linked to which band), she asked for DH's military id, and had me write each of our names and birthdays down and she entered those in. She issued us each a card ticket and we were on our way in like 5 minutes! She said all of our fp+ selections would be linked. We walked right in to DQ with no problem, all of our fp+ selections have worked at DHS adn Epcot, and using the ddp with the mb's have been super easy!

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me as I have my phone and I'll check that. Hope this helps!

So the FP+ selections are on your MB and you didn't have to do anything special to get them there?

So the FP+ selections are on your MB and you didn't have to do anything special to get them there?

Nope, nothing special or extra steps. The selections I made using the green paper vouchers before we left automatically linked to the mb's and when the CM changed them over to the new card #'s with the "real" tickets they were all set. No problems with any fp+ selections the whole trip!

This is good to hear! This is pretty much exactly what my husband and I have done so far. We arrive in early Dec and I've been worried about the swap to "real" tickets. We're not normally Fastpass users but having them set up ahead of time is such a wonderful blessing! We were actually going to purchase our tickets at SOG when we checked in but decided to get them in advance to set up our Fastpass+ selections. I'm glad to hear it works!

I am hoping someone on these boards can direct us to the right area to get some answers. My son-in-law purchased 8 military park hopper tickets for our upcoming 7 night trip in January. We have 2 separate rooms and have linked the two reservations. My daughter linked all 8 park tickets on her MDE. After doing so, one person from her room disappeared from the reservation. When I pull up MDE on my reservation, everyone in the two rooms is listed 3 or 4 times. Who can I call to try and straighten out this mess? Thanks!!! :confused3

Going Dec 12-16 and we were glad to hear we can link the tickets the the bands. Just sucks that we're waiting to buy the tickets at SoG since closest base is at least an hour away. Wish we could work on the FP+ reservations before then.

I linked vouchers from the base to make FP plus reservations and it worked perfectly. All go worked after I exchanged the vouchers for regular tickets.

I have linked my vouchers to MDE, but it will not let me choose FastPass+ or order magic bands. I am staying at a Disney Resort that has been tested. Does anybody know when Disney allows you access to FastPass+ and ordering the magic bands?

I have linked my vouchers to MDE, but it will not let me choose FastPass+ or order magic bands. I am staying at a Disney Resort that has been tested. Does anybody know when Disney allows you access to FastPass+ and ordering the magic bands?[/QUOTE

Was able to make FP+ selections at 60 days out. Customized magic bands shortly after, but did have to do online check in before it would give me the option to do it.

We just picked up our tickets from ITT on base today. They are not vouchers but actual plastic cards. They have Donald Duck on the front. I added them to our MDE. Will these also have to be activated when we arrive?

We just picked up our tickets from ITT on base today. They are not vouchers but actual plastic cards. They have Donald Duck on the front. I added them to our MDE. Will these also have to be activated when we arrive?

What kind of tickets are they (4 day salute or discount for more days) and are they part of a package with your room? (BTW, you will LOVE CSR!)

I think the difference lies in how you are booked. Or maybe Disney has changed something very recently.
If you have the four day salute ticket as we did, you should have gotten a voucher that would need to be exchanged at guest services at a park or DTD for the kind of card that it sounds like you already have. We have gotten the cards before when our military discount applied to tickets and room as a package. Either way, you shouldn't have any problems once you pick you fp+ and link other things in MDE.

We have 9 day myw tickets. We did a room only reservation thru Disney.

That makes sense. I think just the 4 day ones give you vouchers. You should be good to go! The concierge or another cast member can help if you have any trouble though. We saw plenty of CM's at resorts and parks with tablets to help guests with MDE and fp+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter