Magic Bands and Military Tickets

How were you able to get the dining plan with RO discount?? I was told by my TA that because we weren't purchasing a package and because we were using our discount on the room, that we couldn't purchase the dining plan? That it could only be added to package deals.

Also, just for future FYI for myself, how do we link tickets before we get to the Park?? We just came from there in August and let me tell you, FP+ would have been a GODSEND for the Wishes show, if nothing else. They had an entire area roped off that didn't get used, and it was reserved specifically for FP+ users.

As others have said, it can be done. I am a TA and work with mostly military clients and everytime I call to book a room only the CM askes me if the client wants the dining plan. It can be added at a later date as well. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

I'm so glad to hear this about the Military tickets. I was really concerned about being able to link and pick FP+ before hand and even those of us that are TA's were getting confilcting information. My family is using military tickets in January so now I can rest easy :woohoo:

So did you still have your fastpass+ reservations or did you have to make them again after the activation? This is the one question I haven't been able to get answered lol. Thanks!

Do you think it only worked because you were staying on site? We are staying off site so we don't actually have ANY Disney reservations at this time. Like other have said, we wont' get actual passes until we exchange them the day before...My concern is the inability to use the FastPass+ system.

cbtengwife, if you could let me know how things work at Keesler (ie you have to order the tickets, or if you can just purchase them from the base) let me know please. My father inlaw will be purchasing our tickets from Keesler as well.

Went there today to purchase tickets. They had to order tickets and said they would call me when they come in. ITT has moved into Main Exchange mall area close to clothing sales. Really like the new location, much more convenient.

Went there today to purchase tickets. They had to order tickets and said they would call me when they come in. ITT has moved into Main Exchange mall area close to clothing sales. Really like the new location, much more convenient.

Thanks for the info!

I have a reservation, at the Polynesian, in February. I got my paper tickets a couple of days ago and successfully linked them to My Disney Experience. Now, how do I order and customize Magic Bands? I know I won't be able to make e Fast Pass + reservations until December or something like that. But I would like to know that my Magic Bands are ordered.

I have a reservation, at the Polynesian, in February. I got my paper tickets a couple of days ago and successfully linked them to My Disney Experience. Now, how do I order and customize Magic Bands? I know I won't be able to make e Fast Pass + reservations until December or something like that. But I would like to know that my Magic Bands are ordered.

They haven't officially rolled out magic bands yet that I know of, I believe they are currently just testing them... So once they announce that they are really in use you should be able to order them I would assume

They haven't officially rolled out magic bands yet that I know of, I believe they are currently just testing them... So once they announce that they are really in use you should be able to order them I would assume

They are already in use at the Polynesian and they are supposed to be in use at all resorts by February. I'm assuming some folks were successful at ordering them. I'm wondering how they were able to pull that off.

They are already in use at the Polynesian and they are supposed to be in use at all resorts by February. I'm assuming some folks were successful at ordering them. I'm wondering how they were able to pull that off.

Yes Like I said they are being tested at all the resorts this month. When you can order yours it'll be under the "magic bands and cards" tab on your my Disney experience. Last rumor I heard was that people are expecting them to be released to everyone November 1st since the last test date is at the end of October. But that is just a rumor and not anything that was put out by Disney.

Yes Like I said they are being tested at all the resorts this month. When you can order yours it'll be under the "magic bands and cards" tab on your my Disney experience. Last rumor I heard was that people are expecting them to be released to everyone November 1st since the last test date is at the end of October. But that is just a rumor and not anything that was put out by Disney.

Outstanding. Thank you so much.

So yeah, here now, All's good. Able to link tix to band as well as get a plastic hard copy of the card. Everything is working flawlessly.

We have been chosen to test the Magic,bands and my husband just purchased the Military Salute to the Veterans tickets, which states that they must be exchanged at Guest Services. How do I link these tickets prior to going? I would like to do the fastpass before we go. Is that possible?

We have been chosen to test the Magic,bands and my husband just purchased the Military Salute to the Veterans tickets, which states that they must be exchanged at Guest Services. How do I link these tickets prior to going? I would like to do the fastpass before we go. Is that possible?

First log onto My Disney Experience on the Disneyworld website then sign in or register. Enter the family and/or friends in your party under "create family and friends list." This should allow you to pick magic band colors for each under "Manage Magic Bands."

Click on "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" on the right. Select "ticket or pass." You'll see a large sample ticket and other small sample tickets under it. Make sure you select the sample with 17-20 digits. Enter the number on the very bottom left corner of your paper ticket where it says "ID or ticket order number" and click next. It will then ask you to assign this ticket to a guest in your party. Make sure you write down which paper ticket # you assign to each magic band.
You can also link your resort reservation in the same way. Hope this helps!

Thanks for this thread. I think most of my questions about linking our tickets to the MB have been answered. I have a quick question about purchasing tickets.

My mom will be purchasing our tickets for November with the Military salute(dad is retired army reserve). In the past, we have purchased these tix at the park ticket window. It was more convenient that way for us. Can you still do that, or do they have to be purchased on base or at SOG now? Thanks a lot!

Thanks for this thread. I think most of my questions about linking our tickets to the MB have been answered. I have a quick question about purchasing tickets.

My mom will be purchasing our tickets for November with the Military salute(dad is retired army reserve). In the past, we have purchased these tix at the park ticket window. It was more convenient that way for us. Can you still do that, or do they have to be purchased on base or at SOG now? Thanks a lot!

Not 100% but as far as I know you have to get them on base/sog

I got my tickets last week (Armed Forces Salute tix) and was able to link them to MDE and choose FP+ before activating the tickets at the parks!

the paper ticket you linked is NOT the ticket you will use in the parks... so now you have FP+ associated with a ticket that is not a valid ticket. When you get an activated ticket at the park it will have a different number on it and you will not be able to use the FP+ reservations you made. This is how I was lead to understand it. The reservations are tied to that paper ticket you have and it's bar code and when you exchange it at Disney you will have a new ticket number and a new bar code that will be different. To my knowledge you can't transfer the reservations you made with your excange voucher to your actual ticket once you get it.

Sorry, but i think linking the vouchers may have made it impossible for you to use fast pass plus at all unless you can change the ticket number associated with your magic band when you get there... and then you would have to make new reservations for FP+ as the old ones were associated with a ticket that was never really a ticket...

hope that wasn't too long winded... google disney military tickets fast pass for more info.

Seems like someone else may have been able to link just the voucher so I'm confused now!

cbtengwife, if you could let me know how things work at Keesler (ie you have to order the tickets, or if you can just purchase them from the base) let me know please. My father inlaw will be purchasing our tickets from Keesler as well.

I live at Keesler - my tickets came really fast - 2 days after I ordered them from ITT, they called to tell me they were in.

I'm just back - loved how easy it was to link our Salute tickets to our MBs and schedule FPplus. I never could get the exchange vouchers we had to link up so I had to link the activated tickets once on site and it worked with no problems. Plenty of FPplus options were available and we got everything we wanted. I have 2 days left on the ticket that I'm using in December and will see how the split stay goes with the tix.

The Salute our Soldiers tix (the 4 day ones) have to be purchased on base or as SOG. if it is the regular 1 day military park tix I believe can be purchased at a tix booth but I believe there is tax on them rather than on base or at SOG. Good luck

the paper ticket you linked is NOT the ticket you will use in the parks... so now you have FP+ associated with a ticket that is not a valid ticket. When you get an activated ticket at the park it will have a different number on it and you will not be able to use the FP+ reservations you made. This is how I was lead to understand it. The reservations are tied to that paper ticket you have and it's bar code and when you exchange it at Disney you will have a new ticket number and a new bar code that will be different. To my knowledge you can't transfer the reservations you made with your excange voucher to your actual ticket once you get it.

Sorry, but i think linking the vouchers may have made it impossible for you to use fast pass plus at all unless you can change the ticket number associated with your magic band when you get there... and then you would have to make new reservations for FP+ as the old ones were associated with a ticket that was never really a ticket...

hope that wasn't too long winded... google disney military tickets fast pass for more info.

Has anyone in this board tried this and knows what happens exactly I tried googling it nothing useful comes up.

The Salute our Soldiers tix (the 4 day ones) have to be purchased on base or as SOG. if it is the regular 1 day military park tix I believe can be purchased at a tix booth but I believe there is tax on them rather than on base or at SOG. Good luck

Thanks a lot. Previously, on two separate trips we have bought the four day military tickets at the theme park ticket windows, and I had thought maybe it changed. I guess it has. Looks like we'll be stopping by SOG when we get there. Appreciate the info! :)

I ordered my tickets from Keesler AFB, it did take 2 weeks for mine to come in. What I was told is that they wait till they get a few purchases before they order. What I got was a Walt Disney World Exchange Certificate tickets. On the back it says 4 Day Park Hopper Salute. There is a number down at the bottom of the ticket. I did link this number to my MDE and it comes up as a Military Salute ticket. I made FP+ selections. From what I read on FB page Military Disney Tips, once you activate your tickets you will receive new ticket, you then go put that number in your MDE and FP+ selections can then be transferred to the new card. So would need to activate card prior to going to park. Will be December before I can see if it really does work, but figured it is worth a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter