• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic 11/20/04 Thanksgiving Cruisers?

I was just reading another post and it looks like there is another person from this board on the Thanksgiving cruise....LadyHawke. So, we are indeed growing...just hope we have some more boys fo my ds to meet.

Can't wait till Thanksgiving and our cruise...been reading so much about the great things we can do!

pirate:

Laura ºoº

I just booked the Romantic Escape At Seas package for DW.( And myself!) Sounds worth the money if nothing else than to avoid the rush! Plus, DW always says she is not going to do a massage, then she always does one anyway. Might as well plan it!

So here is our unofficial list of Dis Boarders that will be sailing on Thanksgiving.

WMiller86
Cheryl N WI
Dorisdan
MomsGoofy
Sunrayherosgirl
LadyHawke

I have also seen a few others out there that will be with us. Hey folks! Sign in here!

Just got some of the LIME GREEN DIS Board Tshirts for the family to wear on the cruise. DD's love them. I have to fight them not to wear them out ahead of the cruise.

Willie

gentle bump!

Just keeping our forum active! Anybody else with us yet?

Willie

Anybody else sailing with daughters in the same age group as my two? (14 and 9)

My youngest has already "met" a great buddy online that she can't wait to meet on the cruise. They found that they have alot in common.

Willie

Originally posted by WMILLER86
Welcome aboard CRSNDSNY!

Thank you so much Willie!!! :teeth:

First of all, I must say that I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED right now I can't stand it!!! I had NO idea that this cruise was making 2 stops at Castaway Cay!!! My husband is going to be thrilled when I tell him this later! We booked this yesterday with our TA, and with all the hustle and bustle of the west coast cruises opening up I don't think he thought about it. This is wonderful news!

Well, let me start by saying I am really excited to meet everyone and get to know you all before the cruise. Cruising will be:

Me => Melody (age 29), it will be my 4th Disney Cruise
DH => EB (age 32) it will be his 3rd Disney Cruise

We are second dinner seating and category 8, deck 5. We are waitlisted for decks 6 or 7.

Does anyone know if they'll have the Christmas decorations up on Castaway Cay for this cruise?

CRSNDSNY,
We were excited about the two stops at CC also. I was not too thrilled about Key West.
From what I have read from others, the Christmas decorations will be up at CC on the Friday visit, but not the first stop there on Sunday. The pictures I have seen look terrific. But it sounds like you are a DCL veteran! You should have some good ideas for DIS meets.

We will be on dec 6 verandah, and a cat 11 across the hall.

Hi fellow Thanksgiving cruisers :wave: We are now at under 200 days on our countdown!!!!! With all the hoopla yesterday for the West Coast cruises it has gotten me even more excited about this cruise. I can't wait to be back on the Magic again and I will be there much quicker than those that are going next summer!!

We are on Deck 5, Cat. 10 Secret Porthole room :D We have first seating for dinner.

Willie, Rach is really looking forward to meeting her email pal Erin! She is so excited about this cruise (so am I)!

Any other DISers joining us???

Cheryl

Melody,
I see that you are DVC "family". You are going "home" in a couple of weeks? Oh yes, I am jealous! We have not been to our Boardwalk Villa "home" since December 2002. We mostly used points for this cruise, so we skipped 2003. I have looked at the debates about using points vs renting out points and using the cash, but I was too chicken to try it. It seems like alot could go wrong.
Have a super trip, and tell Mickey hello for me when you see him!

Willie

O.K. WMiller86...............I have a Dec. 4, 2004 Western sailing booked. It will be our 4th DCL sailing. Never have done the Western. There is myself, DW and DDs14 and 12. Here is my situation........DD14 is going to be in H.S. nexy year and we aren't sure we should take her out an entire week. YOUR sailing would only require 3 days, being that it is the Thanksgiving week. We have sailed the week after the last two years. (The ship is AWSOME all decorated up in Christmas attire.) Now, other than having the DDs miss 2 less days you guys talk me into switching!!!!

LAMPSKIES if you switch to the Thanksgiving cruise you and your DW wouldn't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner! That was very appealing to me. Last year I made Thanksgiving dinner for 20 people, I would much rather not have to do all that cooking, be served and best of all not have to do all that clean up! Can you tell I am soooooo looking forward to having a beak from making dinner that day LOL.

Let's see, another good reason to switch would mean that you get to cruise 2 weeks sooner! That's a good reason too, isn't it ;)

Cheryl

Originally posted by Cheryl N. WI
We are on Deck 5, Cat. 10 Secret Porthole room :D We have first seating for dinner.
Cheryl

Cheryl -- Looks like we're pretty close to you! We're in stateroom 5502 unless we get switched up to deck 6 or 7 (we're on a waitlist). Which SPR are you?

Originally posted by WMILLER86
Melody,
I see that you are DVC "family". You are going "home" in a couple of weeks? Oh yes, I am jealous! We have not been to our Boardwalk Villa "home" since December 2002. We mostly used points for this cruise, so we skipped 2003. I have looked at the debates about using points vs renting out points and using the cash, but I was too chicken to try it. It seems like alot could go wrong.
Have a super trip, and tell Mickey hello for me when you see him!
Willie

Yes, we just bought SSR last September and are so incredibly excited for our first trip home in a couple weeks! :teeth: We are first staying Sun-Fri at BCV with our friends and their kids in a 2br. Then EB and I are moving to SSR for Fri-Sun and staying in a studio. We aren't going to MH because of the expense -- we bought our first-ever Annual Passes for this trip. That was probably the most fun I've ever had dropping almost $800!!! I probably should have hyperventilated, but I didn't. We left the Disney store jumping up and down like we had ants in our pants! :hyper: I will definitely give Mickey and Minnie a big hug for you when I see them! ;) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

That's great that you own BWV -- that's my favorite resort so far and part of me is really nervous about owning SSR and not loving it as much as I love BWV.

Regarding points vs. cash. We rented 100pts to put towards this cruise so we didn't have to come up with as much $. It worked out okay since we did a rental and transfer combo to another DVC member and the transaction went via PayPal. I think that is the only way I would do that again. It worked out really well, but I totally understand your nervousness.

Ok --- I have a question for you about the cruise --> what do you think of doing what Verandah Man/Andy did for his lcruise last August and try to get a Palo brunch reservation for everyone together one of the days? I'm wondering if maybe you'd be able to do it because you have REAS reservations. No pressure, it's just a thought. Maybe some others on the board wil lhave an opinion on this. What do you think?

Cheryl....We spent the last two Thanksgivings at WDW prior to our sailings. 02 cancelled Eastern then transfered to Dec 1 Wonder and the last year 11/30 eastern. We spent this Easter camping in our R.V. in Southern Indiana. Away for the holiday with you family isn't a bad thing!!

Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
O.K. WMiller86...............I have a Dec. 4, 2004 Western sailing booked. It will be our 4th DCL sailing. Never have done the Western. There is myself, DW and DDs14 and 12. Here is my situation........DD14 is going to be in H.S. nexy year and we aren't sure we should take her out an entire week. YOUR sailing would only require 3 days, being that it is the Thanksgiving week. We have sailed the week after the last two years. (The ship is AWSOME all decorated up in Christmas attire.) Now, other than having the DDs miss 2 less days you guys talk me into switching!!!!

Ok, LAMPSKIES...I have few reasons why it would be a great idea to switch your dates to the Thanksgiving Western:

(1) Less days to pull your daughters from school. PLUS, even the days that week that they have class, the teachers don't really have too much pressing schoolwork going on because of the impending vacation. It's such the perfect time for them to go.

(2) You will get TWO days at :sunny: Castaway Cay :sunny: !

(3) You will be able to see all of the holiday decorations onboard AND in Castaway Cay including SNOW ON CASTAWAY CAY (see picture: http://community.webshots.com/photo/107281600/107283658hoEQTV AND http://community.webshots.com/photo/107281600/107283750OCqnrH AND http://community.webshots.com/photo/107267476/107271611GtlaZG )

(4) All of us wonderful, friendly, & fun DISrs will be onboard to share the holiday MAGIC with you and your family! :grouphug:

How do you like those reasons?

That's right TWO DAYS AT CC!!!!!!!!!!!! We had DCL make us 100 postcard pics of us on CC last year with the "snow". We usually book at cat 6 verandah, it looks like only 5's are available......other than the price.....what is the difference?

That's right TWO DAYS AT CC!!!!!!!!!!!! We had DCL make us 100 postcard pics of us on CC last year with the "snow". We usually book at cat 6 verandah, it looks like only 5's are available......other than the price.....what is the difference?

It was so neat seeing snow on CC -- I really did not expect that last year! That was our second Christmas season onboard and it gets better every time! :teeth:

The only difference between a Cat 5 & Cat 6 is the slight difference it the price and location. All 5s are on deck 7, all 6s are on deck 6. They are exactly the same other than that.

Our verandah faced CC last year and I thought I was seeing things!!! We had some rough water (we caught the tail end of the hurricane) then I saw snow!!! I told DW and she said "It's 8:30 in the morning.....how many bloody Marries have you had?"

Our verandah faced CC last year and I thought I was seeing things!!! We had some rough water (we caught the tail end of the hurricane) then I saw snow!!! I told DW and she said "It's 8:30 in the morning.....how many bloody Marries have you had?"

That's so funny! Port side is my favorite side of the ship to be on. Last time we had starboard and didn't like the 'view' as much. Glad we're port again.

BTW -- I *love* bloody mary's! They're one of my favorite drinks....I like them especially spicy! Two cruises ago I drank about 4 of them at Quiet Cove Pool bar in a matter of 3-4 hours. Willy the bartender was making them SOOOO good! Later on in the evening I got picked for WWTBAM panel and remember thinking to myself as I sat up onstage, "Oooooh....too many bloody marys today!" I was definitely swaying worse than the ship!!! LOL

Miller lite has always been my flavor of choice but, there is nothing like a bloody mary on the verandah as the sun is comming up over the ocean, pulling into a port while DW and Dds are still sleeping.....thinking of everyone back at home shoveling snow and going to work!!!..............Two days at CC?:smooth: Two days at CC?:tongue: Two days at CC:bounce: :bounce: O.K. I'm back now.........how cool. Our last three sailing ment "this is your last day!!!! This time would be "4 more days and you get to come back!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter