Magic 11/20/04 Thanksgiving Cruisers?

WMILLER86

No tag for me. Troublemakers don't get tags!
Anyone with us yet on the Thanksgiving 2004 Cruise? I will be sailing with DW and DD14 and DD9. I am hoping to meet some fellow cruisers with daughters about the same age!

Hey! Where are you Thanksgiving Turkeys? Will we be cruising alone?

Willie

Carnival Holiday 2003
Disney Magic 11/20/2004

THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING - I HAD TROUBLE WITH MY PASSWORD, ETC. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME - I AM TRAVELING WITH MY HUSBAND AND TWO DAUGHTERS, AGES 5 AND 4 - AM VERY NERVOUS ABOUT THE HOLIDAY TRAVEL WILL IT BE TERRIBLY CROWDED?? WILL THE CRUISE BE THE SAME AS OTHER WEEKS? WE ALREADY ARE NOT GOING TO KEY WEST. I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH THAT. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GIRLS TO GO TO THE DISNEY CLUB SO MY HUSBAND AND I CAN CELEBRATE OUR ANNIVERSARY TOGETHER. WE WILL ALSO BE STAYING AT DISNEY AFTER THE CRUISE AND WE CAN'T DECIDE WHERE TO STAY. WE HAVE BEEN TO THE AKL 2 TIMES AND WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING ABOUT SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO WILL BE ON THE CRUISE WITH US.

Hello Dorisdan!

Did you hear something about the ship not stopping at Key West? I have not gotten that info. Where did you hear this from? Are we stopping at another stop instead?

As far as traveling on a holiday, my family has always traveled on either Thanksgiving or Christmas, and sometimes the crowds at WDW are bad, but sometimes you get lucky. At least on the Magic you know there is a limited number of passengers onboard! I am confident that it won't be too bad.

Willie

Willie,

I think you got your answer already, but I got a letter from the cruise line on December 12 that we would be missing Key West because of the Offshore Powerboat World Championship and going to castaway cay instead.

I heard Thanksgiving(or right after Thanksgiving) is a great time to visit the parks because they are less crowded. We will be going to the parks for a few days after the cruise.

We were there the first week of October 2003 and the lines were so long. Everyone that I talk to is complaining about crowds like they had never experienced before at various times this year.. Good for the parks, but not good for me with two small children.

Dorisdan,
Thanks for the info about two days at CC. We are really lucky. Are you still trying to decide about where to stay after the cruise? We are Disney Vacation Club Members, so we have been staying at the Boardwalk the last 4 years. We love it. The location is great because you don't have to catch a bus to Epcot or Disney MGM. You can walk it in 10 minutes, or catch a boat in about the same amount of time. The shops and restaurants on the BW are nice also.
We also have stayed twice at Wilderness Logde, and the girls liked that pool the best. A great rock slide. But the regular rooms are kind of small. It has a nice atmosphere, with all of the timbers. And the decorations are terrific.
We are acually staying at AK for a night or two after the cruise. We have never been to it. How are the restaurants at AK?

ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE CRUISING WITH DORISDAN AND I?

Willie

Hi

We'll be there! It will be myself, DH and DD who will be 10 at the time.

Willie, our DDs seem to be enjoying emailing each other and getting to know each other! They should be great friends by Nov! Did you get your letter from DC aboutthe 2 stops at CC, we received ours Dec. 23 notifying us about this. I love CC and am excited to be going there twice. Dh really likes Key West and was at first a little disappointed to not be going there but he got over it LOL.

Dorisdan, We have sailed on the Magic before when the ship was full and it was just fine, it didn't seem crowded at all! We were to WDW the week after Thanksgiving in 2000 and it was a great time to be there. It was not at all crowded and the decorations everywhere are beautiful! Have you decided where to stay yet? Are you looking for a Deluxe again or Moderate or Value? We have stayed at the Moderates a number of times and we stayed at the Pop Century right before Christmas, I don't think you can go wrong with any Disney resort, we have always been happy wherever we stayed! If you haveany questions about any of the Moderates or PC I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

Willie and Dorisdan, when are you arriving in Orlando? We are flying in on Fri. and probably doing some Christmas shopping at DD and then we will either spend the night at PC or the new RonJon Resort at the Port.

Any other Thanksgiving cruisers out there???????

Cheryl:wave2:

Hello Cheryl,
Erin RUNS to check her emails from "her buddy Rach!" We have been on the go the past few weeks. Erin's older sister has been playing 7th grade basketball in lots of tournaments lately, so computer time has been scarce. Erin has been doing homework in the stands between games! I am really blessed to have 2 daughters that are able to juggle sports and make A honor roll at the same time. I guess you can tell how proud I am!

Kelli and the girls will flying down (over?) to Orlando on Friday morning and staying at the Grovesnor Resort across the street from Downtown Disney. The rate was only $99 for a tower room with a view of DD. They are going to walk over to DD and shop. Erin said her and Rachel are setting up a meet. Kelli told her when we get nearer to November, she will give Rachel her cell number and hotel phone number so they can get in touch with each other. If you haven't booked a room yet, the Grovesnor has a pretty good website. They have a charactor breakfast early Saturday morning that we are going to go to. My girls still enjoy the charactors. But then so do I! I will be arriving later Friday night.
We are considering surprising the girls with a limo to Port Canaveral and back. After disembarkation, we will be heading for a day or two at Animal Kingdom. We still have some days on some old park passes and want to see a few of the new attractions.

No, we did not get a letter from Disney about the extra day at CC. But then we did not book til early January. They didn't say anything about it when we booked. I found out from Dorisdan. I am thrilled about two days at CC though.
I have heard a little about the new Ron Jon resort. It sounds like a place t spend a few days.

Hey out there! Anybody else with us?
Willie
Willie::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Anybody else out there cruising with us??????

Hi Willie, Rach really loves having Erin as her "pen pal". DH, Al, keeps saying that between Rach and I having our Disney friends he hardly gets any time on the computer anymore LOL. It would be great if we could get together with Kelli and the girls at DD on that Friday. We'll definitely have to exchange numbers when it gets closer.
I looked at the Grosevnor web site and it looks really nice but I think we will be keeping our reservation at the Pop Century (we decided against the RonJon, it looks really nice but we wouldn't have the time to enjoy everything there after going shopping at DD, so we figured why spend the extra money). We got a AAA discount at the Pop Century so we are only spending $69.00, including tax, for the night there. We have friends (no kids though, their children are grown, so it's just the 2 of them) that we met on our first cruise and then cruised together again last Jan. and they are cruisng with us again in Nov. Our flights get into the airport very close to the same time so we decided to rent a minivan and share the expense for that and they have a room at PC too to keep everything convenient. We like to rent a car (or this time a van) the day before a cruise so that we can stop and get our soda and water to take on board and Al likes to have a car in case we want to go eat somewhere other than where we're staying. We will get to the Port pretty early on Sat. because we'll need to return the van at the Avis office there by around 11:00. What a neat surprise for your girls the limo ride would be!! I promise I won't mention that to Rach so that she won't mention it to Erin! After the cruise we will be flying home right away:( . We had thought about going to WDW for a few days after the cruise to see all the holiday decorations but then we just went in Dec., so we decided to just come home right away (no tickets for the parks left at this time :( ) and that way Rach won't miss as much school.

Cheryl:wave:

Cheryl,
The Pop Century looks really neat with the Giant Icons! You should really enjoy it.
That is great that you made such good friends on your cruise. We enjoy meeting people that are from somewhere else than Texas, so we are hoping to have tablemates on this cruise. (We like people from Texas, too, but it is nice to meet people from other states!) We were on a Carnival Cruise in December, but just had a table for 4 by ourselves.

We are looking forward to meeting you guys, also!

Willie

Still hoping to find some more Thanksgiving cruisers. Would be great to set up an onboard meet.

Hi to you all!

We will be on the 11/20/04 Magic cruise...our first cruise ever! It will be the three of us, Dh, DS (will be 12 1/2 at time of cruise), and me.

We were disappointed about the change from Key West to CC as dh and I were looking forward to seeing Key West. But we look to the bright side and figure twice at CC is going to be great fun, too. Plus if it's raining one of the days, then we will at least be able to enjoy CC once. pirate:

We are flying in the morning of the cruise and returning home the day we dock back at Orlando. We are already taking ds out of school for 2.5 days and dh teaches college so we need to be back for schools the Monday after.

Well, just a short post for today...

Laura ºoº

Welcome aboard Laura!

My name is Willie and I will be sailing with DW Kelli, and DD's Hayley and Erin. Hayley is 13 and Erin is 9. Where are you flying in from?

The Dis families on our cruise so far are

Cheryl W
Dorisdan
Wmiller86
Momsgoofy

Anyone else with us?

Willie

Thanks for the nice welcome aboard!

We will be flying out of Evansville, IN on the morning of the 20th on an early (7ish) flight.

So far it seems our DS is the only boy we know of from the DIS board.

From your previous posts I gather that you have cruised with Disney before? This will be our first cruise ever and we are excited. Anything you can share with us that might be helpful?

Thanks!
Laura ºoº

Hey everybody, this is my first post on this board, so you will have to excuse any errors. I'm 22/f/pa and i am going to be on this cruise w/ my brother 14 and maybe his friend robert who is 13 (depending on cash flow) I'm staying at Pop century for 3 or 4 nights before hand and then flying back home the day i get off the ship. Would love to meet anybody :earsgirl: I found out this website from one of the users on passporter.com which i regularly (sp) put posts up on. Any questions just ask :wave: Oh my name is melissa and my bro is jimmy :tongue:

Welcome aboard Melissa!

We are starting to grow some now!

You are brave bringing your 14 year old brother and his buddy! What a great sister! When I was 14, my sisters would not bring me to the movies, much less a Dis cruise!

This will be my families first Disney Cruise. We sailed on Carnival last December. Cozumel was awesome.

Willie

sailing with DW Kelli, DD14 Hayley, DD9 Erin

ANyone else with us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter