Made ADRs - note on BoG and question about HDDR!!

isabelle315

Earning My Ears
I was pretty successful making ADRs this morning - got everything I wanted, including CRT and BoG, at pretty decent times.

BUT - we are a party of 3, and when I tried to search for 3 at BoG, zero times came up on the two different days I was checking. I switched it to 4, and was able to get a reservation (not a lot of times left, but there were a couple of choices). I didn't have this problem with any of the other reservations - 3 worked fine. So, if you are an odd numbered group, definitely try searching for the next even number of 4 or 6 or whatever.

I wanted to book HDDR for our arrival night - but the dates are closed out for all of October (September too). I searched here and didn't find anything - is it being closed for refurbishment or something? Or does HDDR not go by the 180 day window??

Not sure what to do instead if it won't be available - we are staying at the Poly but I've heard the luau is not very good..... recommendations for an awesome (non-park) arrival night experience if HDDR isn't available? We are already doing 1900 PF dinner, Ohana breakfast, and Chef Mickey's breakfast later in the week. This trip is our "familymoon", so it's for me, my fiance, and my 5-year-old daughter.

HDDR was like that last year as well. It was able to be booked at a later date though. They changed the show times last year is why it was blocked out than. Otherwise it can usually be booked 180 out. I have read rumors from it possibly moving,expanding or going away altogether to make room for dvc. That is just a rumor though.

Def. Book something else just in case it doesn't open for booking later.. The luau was not our favorite but it was nice to do once.. I have read that people love Ohana for dinner as well. We ate breakfast there and it was one of the worst experiences we had in 6 trips to Disney. Service was horrible and the characters were very rushed. So much in fact they kept passing right over my daughter. We have never been for dinner.

Hi! I was able to book HDDR yesterday for October 22nd, you just need to call in to book it. Not sure why, but I was unable to book either the Fantasmic package or HDDR online but they are accepting reservations if you call in. :)

BellaPetunia - you were totally right, I called in and got a reservation no problem. The CM on the phone seemed surprised/perplexed as to the website being unable to take reservations (ha). I'm so glad! HDDR looks like fun :)

Yay! I am so glad you were able to book it. I really wish they would get these bugs fixed on the new site. It can be stressful enough to get reservations without adding in these recent computer glitches. :confused3

So excited for October. HDDR is a fun show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter