MAD MEN Final Season ~ APRIL 2015 ~

I don't know if I'm ready for sideburns galore, polyester and plaid pants. :rotfl2: Oh well. I'm so interested to see how Roger fares with this new decade. Off the rails, maybe.

I loved his daughter's comment, "I don't care if you smell like patchouli."
Great episode!:joker:

I thought it very disjointed
I little disappointed

But looking back....the first scene was pretty funny-now that I "get" what was going on

Bland, boring Freddy describing in ethereal detail every scene of a commercial for a watch...then we learn its all Don's words & ideas.

I agree. I was unimpressed.

I little disappointed

But looking back....the first scene was pretty funny-now that I "get" what was going on

Bland, boring Freddy describing in ethereal detail every scene of a commercial for a watch...then we learn its all Don's words & ideas.

TOM SAWYER ISLAND!! lol

Curious to what you all thought of the season opener?

I am on the fence feeling a little underwhelmed.

Yeah, I am in the underwhelmed camp, as well. Super happy the show is back, and I have high hopes for this final season, but the first episode was kind of a snooze.

I have thought that about episodes before but three or four weeks later it all begins to make sense. Matthew Weiner likes to do that to us.

I don't know if I'm ready for sideburns galore, polyester and plaid pants. :rotfl2: Oh well. I'm so interested to see how Roger fares with this new decade. Off the rails, maybe.

I just watched the episode today. Killed me to have to wait this long!
Oh yeah, Roger is certainly off the rails this decade!

Woman on plane talks about spreading someone's ashes at Disneyland :littleangel::scratchin

I loved that scene with Don and the widow on the plane.

TOM SAWYER ISLAND!! lol

Curious to what you all thought of the season opener?

I am on the fence feeling a little underwhelmed.

I really enjoyed it.

I little disappointed

Too funny I remember buying an Accutron watch in the early 70's. They were THE watch.
I have not worn a watch since.:rolleyes2

I have thought that about episodes before but three or four weeks later it all begins to make sense. Matthew Weiner likes to do that to us.

I agree. This series really makes you think. I love it.

Yeah, I am in the underwhelmed camp, as well. Super happy the show is back, and I have high hopes for this final season, but the first episode was kind of a snooze.

This. He does. It's like you can go back after and watch the first one and it will somehow be more interesting.

Plus, he fought very hard between two seasons to not to be forced into many commercial breaks. That was the year that they took ages to come back on and everyone wondered if it would return because they couldn't come to agreement on that issue.

This season opener seemed to have way more commercials than in the past and that in itself broke the flow for me. Strange since Weiner fought for that issue really early.

Unless I'm imagining things, it seemed to go to break more often.

And for me, I need to see Betty to make everything flow. ;)

I just watched the episode today. Killed me to have to wait this long!
Oh yeah, Roger is certainly off the rails this decade!

I loved that scene with Don and the widow on the plane.

I really enjoyed it.

Too funny I remember buying an Accutron watch in the early 70's. They were THE watch.
I have not worn a watch since.:rolleyes2

I agree. This series really makes you think. I love it.

Too funny on the watch, Muushka.

My favourite line -

Stan: None of this seems to have anything to do with coffee. :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

And of course broke out laughing when I saw Pete after commenting on plaid pants and sideburns.

When a program you like comes back on the air its like seeing old friends (yes i need a life)

whats up Don Drapper, long time no see

This. He does. It's like you can go back after and watch the first one and it will somehow be more interesting.

Plus, he fought very hard between two seasons to not to be forced into many commercial breaks. That was the year that they took ages to come back on and everyone wondered if it would return because they couldn't come to agreement on that issue.

This season opener seemed to have way more commercials than in the past and that in itself broke the flow for me. Strange since Weiner fought for that issue really early.

Unless I'm imagining things, it seemed to go to break more often.

And for me, I need to see Betty to make everything flow. ;)

Too funny on the watch, Muushka.

My favourite line -

Stan: None of this seems to have anything to do with coffee. :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

And of course broke out laughing when I saw Pete after commenting on plaid pants and sideburns.

I noticed more commercial interruptions for this episode also. Seems like previously they had less breaks but long commercials, which I like much more.
I like Pete better in the 70's!

When a program you like comes back on the air its like seeing old friends (yes i need a life)

I agree. I need a life too! I was almost in a depression when Breaking Bad ended! (kidding, mostly :lmao:)

I agree. I need a life too! I was almost in a depression when Breaking Bad ended! (kidding, mostly :lmao:)

Well us three then! :thumbsup2

And Muushka, yes. Annoying to have so many breaks. Wrong choice if that was the compromise. Good to know I wasn't crazy.

Much better episode tonight!

OK Mad Men is now back!

Loved seeing Sally and love her interactions with Don!

All that office shuffling ... and Peggy, wow. ugh.

Dawn looked so happy in her new job! :thumbsup2

Last week -

What is Joan's disdain for Don about? It is from when she slept with the client to save the firm? I don't get it. He didn't want that to happen.

This week -

Some great lines already - "Or whatever Peggy counts as." :lmao: (Pete talking about the client having a woman's point of view.)

Did everyone know that Mona is John Slattery's wife in real life and George Clooney's first wife?

Okay, I should be off the computer to take it all in.

I'm confused about all the Don hate, especially coming from Joan. I loved seeing Freddy back in this episode.

Wow-what an unexpected and wonderful send off for what many youngsters may not realize-was a great Broadway song and dance man in his younger days

Robert Morse(Bert Cooper)-you rock:banana:

Wow-what an unexpected and wonderful send off for what many youngsters may not realize-was a great Broadway song and dance man in his younger days

Robert Morse(Bert Cooper)-you rock:banana:

I agree. It was a great send off for Robert Morse (and a great episode). Now, we have to wait until 2015 to see where this goes. It is a long wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter