MAD MEN Final Season ~ APRIL 2015 ~

I just watched the season finale again this week.

And got to relive NOT GREAT BOB. :goodvibes

Well, aren't you lucky to have decisions. (Peggy to Ted)

The good is not beating out the bad. (Betty to Don)

And I don't know if it was the second last one but I loved the scene where Peggy phoned Stan to come and kill her rat and he says "I'm not your boyfriend" and hangs up. Sometimes it's the little scenes that really add up.

I was also thinking that all of Don's most precious and intimate relationships are with women that he isn't/wasn't sleeping with - Peggy, Anna, Joan. Even his intimacy with Betty is better now that they aren't married.

I also loved seeing this beautiful last scene again. It just pulls me so many places emotionally every time. To see someone so clearly. (They've added extras at the end but the first part but I can't find just the scene on its own)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4uXj5cB_I8

I wonder where we'll be when it returns on April 13. Who's in California? Who's not. Will Don be already back at work? There? Very curious. Should be interesting. The earlier seasons were the best but it was a great finale to the season.

I am In!!

Are there any previous Season Highlights online? I have to re-remember last season;)

I just watched the season finale again this week.

And got to relive NOT GREAT BOB. :goodvibes

Well, aren't you lucky to have decisions. (Peggy to Ted)

The good is not beating out the bad. (Betty to Don)

And I don't know if it was the second last one but I loved the scene where Peggy phoned Stan to come and kill her rat and he says "I'm not your boyfriend" and hangs up. Sometimes it's the little scenes that really add up.

I was also thinking that all of Don's most precious and intimate relationships are with women that he isn't/wasn't sleeping with - Peggy, Anna, Joan. Even his intimacy with Betty is better now that they aren't married.

I also loved seeing this beautiful last scene again. It just pulls me so many places emotionally every time. To see someone so clearly. (They've added extras at the end but the first part but I can't find just the scene on its own)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4uXj5cB_I8

I wonder where we'll be when it returns on April 13. Who's in California? Who's not. Will Don be already back at work? There? Very curious. Should be interesting. The earlier seasons were the best but it was a great finale to the season.

I loved your observations about Mad Men. And you nailed Don and the women in his life!

I also loved that last scene with Joni Mitchell's music playing. That series had some great music.
My personal favorite song was the last scene, first episode of season 4, Tobacco Road.
A great song that I hadn't heard in almost 50 or so years!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybthPsE4ld0

So, is the last season, entire episodes playing anywhere? I (foolishly) thought Netflix would have it!

My personal favorite song was the last scene, first episode of season 4, Tobacco Road.
A great song that I hadn't heard in almost 50 or so years!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybthPsE4ld0

Memories. When Don was accused at not selling himself enough and then voila! :goodvibes

Man, I will miss it Muushka. These type of shows - well the characters seem so real that you miss them. Well I do. ;) It took me awhile to get over not seeing Claire Fisher of Six Feet Under. Crazy but true.

I saw a montage of all the seasons and Sally was so young that first season. Just a wee one. And Betty, I forgot that she was a totally different energy. Her voice even sounded different. Less firm/confident of herself, higher toned. I think they nailed it with a woman that was intent on being a good wife. I remember that in my own mother. And then seeing that it couldn't really work if Don wasn't even there so to speak. That she was working on something that was futile with him. There simply was no winning. A lot of people saw her as this or that, negative slant, the first few seasons. I saw her as a character perfectly played and totally of the decades. I enjoyed watching their marriage and the aftermath. Apparently, her character was originally going to be a bit part and January Jones, well it just worked. I'm very happy that it did.

And thank you on the other. This show, so many of the characters, has really impacted me.

And what I have loved about it was that it has touched a lot of men. I remember watching Pardon the Interruption and here are these two sports guys going down the list of the day in sports. And there is Mad Men on their roll call. :lmao: ;)

And they are very different men and both were taken in by the episode where Don just breaks to Peggy when he finds out that Anna is gone. No words are needed between them - the moment perfectly played in intimacy.

These two guys were both going back and forth, none of the usual fun, brash fighting ;), and saying that that was "the best hour of television". And you could see that they were both very affected by a television program. Smiling and sighing.

I will be disappointed if the show doesn't end like Breaking Bad. Don dies and then they play an appropriate song.

I will be disappointed if the show doesn't end like Breaking Bad. Don dies and then they play an appropriate song.

:happytv: :rotfl2:

We should be able to figure out the song!

Memories. When Don was accused at not selling himself enough and then voila! :goodvibes

Man, I will miss it Muushka. These type of shows - well the characters seem so real that you miss them. Well I do. ;) It took me awhile to get over not seeing Claire Fisher of Six Feet Under. Crazy but true.

I saw a montage of all the seasons and Sally was so young that first season. Just a wee one. And Betty, I forgot that she was a totally different energy. Her voice even sounded different. Less firm/confident of herself, higher toned. I think they nailed it with a woman that was intent on being a good wife. I remember that in my own mother. And then seeing that it couldn't really work if Don wasn't even there so to speak. That she was working on something that was futile with him. There simply was no winning. A lot of people saw her as this or that, negative slant, the first few seasons. I saw her as a character perfectly played and totally of the decades. I enjoyed watching their marriage and the aftermath. Apparently, her character was originally going to be a bit part and January Jones, well it just worked. I'm very happy that it did.

And thank you on the other. This show, so many of the characters, has really impacted me.

Lisa, your words touch my soul. I become so attached to these very well made series
that when they are over, it is almost mourning for me! I thought I was the only one!

I thought I was the only one!

Nope. :goodvibes

Don will seem like a death to me. Boo! And Roger? Man, he's provided so many laughs. Great characters.

I highly enjoyed that "Bobby will continue to be irrelevant." :rotfl2:

Tonight's the night!!,

:thumbsup2 Tonight's the night, finally.

I wish they just would have played it right through to the end. I don't like shortened seasons. Whoosh and they're gone.

I'm so excited about the season premier! I can't wait to see what they do with Don. And I agree, Roger is a hoot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter