LYNX bus system

WILDERNESSWOMAN

Earning My Ears
Anyone have experience with the LYNX buses? I am in Orlando for a convention without a car. I'd like to take the LYNX bus from the Orange County Convention Center to downtown Disney one afternoon. I checked their website, and it looks easy,but I'm from the country and know nothing about public transportation, LOL! :goodvibes I 'm wondering how on time these buses are and how hard it is to make a transfer if I have to take more than one bus. :confused3 Are they generally crowded or will I be able to get a seat?

You'll be taking MANY buses. You'll have to take the I-Ride trolley ($1) from OCCC to SeaWorld, and transfer to the Link 50 ($1.50). From there, you take that to Disney's Transportation & Ticket Center. From there, you take a Monorail (or walk) to the Polynesian. And from there, you'll take a bus to Downtown Disney. All in all, about an hour and a half to two hours, give or take...

well, me and my daughter went to disney world in 2002 and stayed offsite and went to universal one day and had to use public trans. going was ok, coming back we got on the wrong bus and had to go DOWNTOWN to the bus station and get on the right bus. a guy told us we could get off the bus anywhere and just cross the street and wait on the bus coming from the other direction but i chose not to do that.our little joy ride took about 2 1/2 hours.

BTW...we stayed on international drive and i Loved riding the trolly tho.

Well, the LYNX web site looks like there is a bus that leaves from the OCC and instead of going to the TTC, there is a drop off at downtown Disney. We could possibly walk to SeaWorld, then catch a bus directly to DTD. Just wondering about the time it will take....doesn't sound good.

Don't be fooled by the 300s... those are commuter buses that run inbound once in the morning, and outbound once in the evening. They meet up at the West Side.

Thanks for the info on the 300s; do you know if there is any number that picks up at the Downtown Disney Superstop with any kind of regular city services?

to get to our hotel along Intl. Drive tomorrow nite.
Wife and son will be at the parks, so instead of making them do a 2 hr r/trip to MCO, or pay $17+ for a Mears Bus which may or may not take less time,

Bus schedule says 1:05 from MCO to Intl Drive between Wet 'n Wild and Convention Center (near Fairfield Inn). Runs every 30 minutes. $1.50 - no tip.
http://golynx.com/schedule.cfm?route=42
We'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter