Low Calorie Dining Options?

If you like salads, go to the Plaza Inn and get a cobb salad but tell them not to mix it, and get the dressing on the side. That's what I did last time, and it was a very good salad by any standard. And it looked like you get more chicken breast when they don't mix it.

And I agree with others, fresh fruit is always available.

For me, the hard thing is usually to find a good source of lean protein. So I will often pack in a Costco-sized bag of beef jerky. For healthy fats, I will bring in a bag of almonds or cashews. All of that stuff is light and pretty compact, and it's easy to eat when standing in line or on the go. :thumbsup2

Oooh this one's a toughy!

Over at DCA at the Farmers Market stand, they have a really good spinach wrap with grapes and chicken...i'm thinking the dressing they use might not be too healthy, but you could ask for them to lightly spread it??

I have had this one too, and the dressing really wasn't too heavy. Though I would ask them if they can hold the dressing if I ordered it again. The grapes sound like an odd choice, but it was actually pretty good.

Having just lost 30 lb and loving all of the Disney treats, I find it easier to eat what I want but in smaller portions and then add fresh fruit or a salad with fat free dressing. That way I don't feel deprived and won't gain weight either. The ooey gooey treats are part of the Disney experience for me. :goodvibes

Congratulations on the weight loss! Having been through a similar process, I know what kind of dedication that takes. Fantastic job.

These days I tend to think similar to you--when in Disneyland, enjoy. But I also know what it is like to be in the middle of a program when going to DL.
For good or bad, I tend to be the 'all or nothing' type when I am on a serious fitness/nutrition regime. So when vacations pop up at these times, it is often easier for me to just stay strict; and I feel way better at the end of the trip.

To the OP, whatever your reasons for wanting to eat healthy in the parks, it can be done! I have done it, and the trip was every bit as much fun.

Oooh this one's a toughy!

Over at DCA at the Farmers Market stand, they have a really good spinach wrap with grapes and chicken...i'm thinking the dressing they use might not be too healthy, but you could ask for them to lightly spread it??

I actually tracked down this recipe and have made it at home a few times. The dressing is plain yogurt and a little honey, so its actually very healthy.

Yep! It's called the Harbour Galley. They reopened not long ago, I guess, with a great menu (IMO). Here is what they offer:

The menu:
HOT FROM THE GALLEY
Served in a sourdough bread bowl
Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Soup - $8.99
Clam Chowder - $8.99 Vegetarian Chili - $8.99

SHORE-SIDE SALADS
Roast New York Salad - $9.99
Roasted New York atop a field of greens and hearts of romaine. Fresh cucumbers, yellow and red teardrop tomatoes, feta cheese, green onions, dried cherries with garlic aioli and toasted almonds. Grilled Salmon Salad - $9.99
Grilled salmon atop a field of greens and hearts of romaine. Fresh cucumbers, yellow and red teardrop tomatoes, fresh dill, dried cherries with herbed aioli and wheat berries.

KID'S POWER PACK - $5.99
With string cheese, nonfat yogurt, sliced apples and whole-grain "fish" crackers, includes choice of small low-fat milk, Minute Maid apple juice box or small Dasani water. Soda available upon request.

SIDES
Fresh Fruit Cup - $3.49
Crispy Treat - $3.29
Chocolate Chip Cookie - $2.79
BEVERAGES
Regular - $2.69 | Large - $3.29
Dasani Water - $2.79
Coffee - $2.69
Hot Cocoa - $2.69

Has anyone been there recently that can tell me if this place is open now? :wizard:

When we go to DL, we usually eat at Cafe Orleans. I order Salmon, red potatoes and asparagus a la carte, its very reasonable (under $15-) and it fills me up, with out feeling stuffed. I am not hungry for quite a while. Just a thought.
And agreed with PP, the Pineapple is a great snack. We call Disney fruit Wonka Fruit because it is always so unbelievably sweet, but it kills the Sugar cravings, especially walking by the Churro carts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter