Lots of Characters, Lots of Firsts but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN!! 3/21

Yeah!! Glad you started Stephanie!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!! :goodvibes Cute pic in front of the castle too!! :goodvibes

Hey Stephanie! I made it over, and I'll try to keep up! And hopefully manage to get my own TR started soon. I bet I can guess what the "never again" is about!:rolleyes1

Hi Rebecca! Glad to have you here. :goodvibes I hope you had a wonderful trip--looking forward to reading about it. I loved the Facebook updates I caught here in there.

Oh you do...we'll have to see if you guess is right!! :rotfl:

Hope you don't mind me joining. Your title caught my eye. I someday hope to do a gg...but my last trip was just a bit hard to manage with the "extra" person. Love to hear how you coped!

:welcome: to my TR!! I am glad to have you here, the more the merrier. :goodvibes

this TR will be like some good therapy ;) we have all been there or will experience...it's hard when it is not all magical or some things just don't quite work how you imagined....glad you'll share everything.

the opening picture is great the castle looks very pastely (ok not a word but you might get my drift)

also...the cruise trip ticker is that gone as in trip not on anymore?

It is what it is, I cannot change. By all means, it was still a good trip, but there were definite lows for sure hence the Lots of Drama part in the title.

It does have a pastel look to it but I still like the picture despite the sweat! ;)

RE: Cruise--I am going to address that here in a minute

I'm so happy you decided to do a TR. I loved following along on your PTR. I'm leaving in 4 sleeps as you would say :rotfl: but send me a PM with your name and I'll add you on facebook. (I'm unsearchable on there.) :) I can't wait to see your CSR pictures-although, DH and I will not be staying there. We were upgraded to Grand Floridian due to overbooking-I'm still on a high! :banana:

Hi Sara! :welcome: in case I have not said that, I cannot remember if I have or not.

Yippee for an upgrade!! I want to try GF we almost decided to stay there in May but we are holding off until DD gets older.

Phew, haven't missed too much!

Interested to hear both the good and the not so good. Would love to do a GG someday but in my head I know it would be stressful trying to get a large group coordinated.

I noticed the cruise ticker is gone too, did you change plans?

Nope, you have not missed too much. This is going to have to be a slow moving TR--I have so much going on that DISing is going to have to be a little here and there right now.

RE Cruise: I am going to update on that in just a few. :thumbsup2

:offtopic: Well, not completely since it is Disney related but it is more of a life update.

I interrupt this trip report to answer a question/observation a couple of you have commented on:

We have canceled our cruise we had schedule for in May. It was my decision to do so with it, but I am okay with it. :eek: We thought about going down to Disney instead, and almost did switch it to be that but wait for it, I said no to it to!! I know, I know what am I thinking turning down a trip but here’s the gist: I do not want to be stressed when we go down—it is not worth it. We have a whole lot that is going to be happening; one potential big one is a very big move. Once we select which program I am going to enter for my doctoral degree, it could involve a substantial, out-of-state move. :teacher: I rather save the money to help with it, than being stressed on every penny we spend in Disney. It also allows the fall trip we also have had book to be much more feasible. I do not think we could have swung the cruise and flights in May, moving in the summer with at least one scouting trip before the moving time to find a place to live and the trip in October with flights without our savings taking a hit. So that is why I took down the ticker for the cruise and put up one for the fall trip.

We know when I graduate and settle into my job as a professor, once we are at a good place, we are going to buy DVC. There are many trips in our future!! So yes, all of you who assumed the NEVER AGAIN aspect of my title does not apply to Disney in general. :thumbsup2

It may not be until this weekend when I get an actual update from our TR. I hope I don't lose all my readers by then but I did warn you all it was going to have to be a slow moving TR. :rolleyes1

Also, if we are friends on FB, please do not make any references to what is said here on DIS PLEASE!!! Those who caused drama, are on Facebook too so I don't want anything to be said on there please, please, please! I have started putting pictures up on Facebook, so don't look if you do not want a preview of what is coming. Also, there are more pictures coming than what I put up--even for Day 1.

Next Post: Traveling to Disney: Day 1

Stef, it seems as if you made the best choice for you, especially if there is going to be a major move over the summer. Disney isn't going anywhere as we all know and it will be there when you are comfortable going again.

And I'm here for the long run...no matter how long it takes. :hug:

You made the right decision. You definitely don't need to be stressing about finances when you have all of that going on. It'll be there waiting for you in the fall. :) When you're more settled, maybe you can look into a land/sea package so you get the best of both worlds. :)

I'll be here whenever you update!

Stef, it seems as if you made the best choice for you, especially if there is going to be a major move over the summer. Disney isn't going anywhere as we all know and it will be there when you are comfortable going again.

And I'm here for the long run...no matter how long it takes. :hug:

Thanks Kathy! It was a bit hard to believe I gave up a cruise and a trip to Disney in May, but is the best decision for us.

Thanks!! I am glad you will stick around! :hug:

You made the right decision. You definitely don't need to be stressing about finances when you have all of that going on. It'll be there waiting for you in the fall. :) When you're more settled, maybe you can look into a land/sea package so you get the best of both worlds. :)

I'll be here whenever you update!

Thanks Jenny!! I know it is the right decision, I am okay with it--it is better this way. We definitely will do the combo when we go on the cruise.

Thanks for sticking it out with me!! :yay:

First of all, you are not moving...out of state anyway! I won't allow it! I will, however, allow you to move within the community!!;)

Second, I'm bummed you decided to cancel the cruise, but I'm sure you'll take one soon. I am super excited about our fall trip. I don't think I am going to tell Emily about it at all. We might make it a total surprise and then having Lilian there, she'll be over the moon! We'll see though, I may not be able to keep a whole trip quiet! She's definitely not finding out about Lilian though!:thumbsup2

Finally, I don't know if I mentioned it, but you are not moving out of state!!:rotfl:

It must have been hard giving up the cruise and a trip to disney! But it's never a bad idea to make the right decisions financially for your family! Being stressed out would have been hard. I'm glad to hear that you think you will buy into DVC in the future though! That must be exciting!

I was wondering about the cruise. I am sorry you had to cancel :sad2: It is hard to be an adult sometimes...I think you reasoning is great and I wonder if there are any good Doctoral programs in Az? Yay for the potential DVC buy in the future. Maybe you could look into renting points for Oct? My Hubby has agreed to the fall trip so I am putting up my ticker-HURRAY. All our little and bigger girls are going to have a blast together-and chase Nikki's boys all over :) I also started my Sep TR-link is in my siggy if you get a chance to check it out.

Whoa! Stephanie
I decided after seeing your FB post to try and find your PTR to see if you started and you are already on page 6....going back to catch up!
:wave2: Connie

All caught up! wonderful start... you have me thinking you had the stress of family triple fold that I had :eek: so sorry to hear you cancelled your cruise but it will come and how exciting to be going in the fall! how much fun will that be!?! and sounds like moving will be a hard option for two little girls and two dissers; but, just think of all the road trips you guys will have to look forward to!

take you time posting I'm in for the long haul (and who knows maybe I won't fall so far behind like I did on all the other threads I was following)...

:wave2: Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter