Lost Backpack

On our last trip December28- Janurary6 my Grandson lost an autograph book he had been collecting autographs in for 4 or 5 trips. We lost it somewhere in AK. Checked at each land we were in and lost and found at the park and central lost and found.Nothing. He had his name and address in the front of the book.We still haven't heard anything.I hope who ever found it enjoys it as much as he enjoyed getting the autographs.At least he still has the memories.

We have had returned everything we've ever lost at Disney -
1st trip - all the kids autograph books, pens and hats, were mailed home a month later

3rd trip - DD's bathing suit got tossed in with the towels, called front desk and was returned in 10 min.

DH lost his hat on Splash Mountain, recovered in Lost & Found at TTC.

DD left Pooh backpack in restroom, returned by CM.

If you had some id in the backpack, Disney will get it back to you. Not many other places with that kind of service.

Last year at the MK my sunglsses slipped off my shirt in the Pooh ride- I didn't realize it until too late and they had been found and sent over to lost and found. Lost and Found is in a building near the TTC. They would not let me look at the sunglasses even though I told them that I had confirmed that they had been found and sent over from Pooh ride. I described them and they said sorry they couldn't find them. Scary,huh?

Always check the lost and found at City Hall first! At the end of our shifts that is where we bring everything we find.

Welovemickey,
that's the best story I've heard lately! I love WDW. We didn't lose anything but a CM in a gift shop dropped our $17 WDW fan/water bottle thingy and it broke to pieces. We were sad but said "oh-well, I guess it was time for a new one anyway" My 5 year old dd was upset. She loved to play with it as well as cool off with it while getting around the parks. Anyway, we were walking out of the store when the CM appeared with a new fan all fresh with ice cold water in it. I was so impressed.

On one of our trips my DS left his favorite hat in the AK Safari ride. He realized it right after we got off and he mentioned it outside the Safari ride to a CM named Steve. He told us to call Lost and Found the next morning because the park was going to be closing in 30 minutes. We decided to walk the Pangani trail before we left and doesn't Steve find us near the end with the hat. He saw us go on the trail so after he found the hat he started at the trail's exit and walked towards the entrance to find us.

On another trip with our best friends their 2 children left their bag of souvenirs in the WL lobby the day we checked out. We didn't realize it until we got to the airport and their was not time to go back. In addition to the souvenirs there was also a very special much loved doll "Andy girl" in the bag. My friend called WL and everything was found and shipped to their home within a couple of days.

Cathy K.

DH & I were down for our first anniversary and we were in Epcot. I had $60 in travelers checks stuck in my camera bag (I know, stupid). Well, at one point I pulled my camera out (it was one of those holster bags) and the checks must have fallen out. I was so upset, and my DH was so mad that I put them there in the first place.

Anyway, we went to the american express booth in Communicore and got new ones. On a whim we decided to stop at Lost and Found. Someone had actually turned them in! Of course they were voided at this point. The gentleman left his name and address and I would have sent him a note thanking him, but I couldn't read the handwriting. All I could make out was that he was from Venezuela.

I truly believe that there are many more honest and sincere people in the world than not.

It's great reading all your stories of getting your property and valuables back.

Nothing to report that i can think of, but whilst reading this thread i came across this:

On one of our trips my DS left his favorite hat in the AK Safari ride. He realized it right after we got off and he mentioned it outside the Safari ride to a CM named Steve.

I wonder if this 'Steve' in question, is our own *Safari Steve* that we know and love from the DIS boards????

Just a thought, i'd be delighted if it was him!

Carene

Just got back, yesterday (Feb. 6) and I realized that I left me Cam Corder on the bench, outside of ASSp, while waiting for our Town car. I realized after we got to the airport and I called ASSp and it was turned in. Disney is sending it to me at no charge, they are even insuring it for me. Is this normal? I was really surprised that it was turned in and even more surprised that they are not charging for shipping.

I lost my cell phone at Disney. I did not have a clue where I lost it and did not even realize it was lost until I left Orlando. I just figured it was gone.

When I got home, my Mom had left me a message wanting to know how I enjoyed my trip. I called (wondering how she knew). The Disney CM hit the phone number labeled "mom" , figured out who I was and sent me my phone! I was VERY impressed.

I lost my sunglasses on my last trip, but they just disappeared. I went to Lost and Found and described them, but they did not have them.

I have lost three different things at WDW and all three were returned to me. Two were completely without hassle, and the third involved quite a bit of hassle.

We lost DS's hat at the MK. He took it off and tossed it over the side of his stroller while we were walking. I noticed it was gone within a few minutes, but when I retraced our steps it was already gone. They didn't have it at Guest Services when I checked there and they recommended that I pay a visit to the main lost and found office at TTC. They asked for a description of the hat and produced it right away!! :) Incidentally, while I was there some teenaged girls came in looking for a lost pair of sunglasses. They kept insisting that they be allowed to look through the sunglasses that they had and the CM refused. They were rather put out about it. But I understand why they won't let people look-- first of all, it would be only too easy for someone to spy a pair of sunglasses that they want and say, "Those are mine!" If they require you to provide them with a description first they are less likely to give the wrong pair out.

The next thing I lost was my keys! Again, the culprit was DS. I knew exactly where it had happened, but by the time I got back they were gone. We were leaving the next day and my calls to lost and found were fruitless while we were still there. But when I called to check on them after we got back home the CM said they had them and then mailed them to me free of charge!!

The last time was when we were checking in to OKW. While DH was finalizing the check in arrangements I went to the general store and made a couple of purchases. It's a rather long and convoluted story, so suffice it to say that about 7 calls to the front desk and lost and found resulted in 7 "no we don't have it's" and finally on our last day we went there in person and were standing there when they opened the storage area where OKW keeps lost and found stuff. We saw the bag sitting on the first shelf, directly in front of the door. :mad: The incompetence of those CMs still annoys me.

But all's well that ends well.

Wow, this is really great to hear all the stories of things returned (either by guests or CMs).

We lost my youngest daughter's Christmas present ON Christmas day in MK (she threw it out of out of the stroller and I didn't have a clue how long since she'd thrown it out so I didn't know where it would be) and I didn't think it was a big huge deal anyway- it was just a stuffed animal (but it was one she asked for and was one that her 5yr old brother saved his allowance to buy for her for Christmas).

Now I wonder if I should call and find out if they have it! At that time I had no idea that WDW was so great about things being returned to lost and found and figured it was history the minute I noticed it missing!

I do know when I THOUGHT I had lost my camera in the bathroom at the exits of Epcot (during that trip also) that they weren't very accomodating over the phone. I was sure that the last place I could have left it was hanging on the hook and knew which stall in the bathroom and everything- but when I called lost and found they said they would send someone out there to look (they said a janitor?). But I was hoping they would do so within an hour or two before the park closed because I figured a LOT more people would be using that exiting restroom when the park closed. I couldn't come back immediately and look for it because I didn't realize it was missing until I was already seated at Arabian Nights with my family! So I call back later and she says they still haven't had "time" to send anyone out there. By that time I was disgusted KNOWING it just had to be gone by then- so we drive back and I search the bathroom- even the TRASH bins thinking maybe someone might steal the camera but throw my completely used film in the trash? I wanted the pics mostly... the camera could be replaced.

Turns out that my husband had just been mistaken when he said it wasn't in the van where I said it should be (in the back of the stroller).
Men.
LOL

This actually happened in Disneyland. Back in 1991 one of my friends lost his camera case (very special for his professional camera). When he realized he lost it, we went back our steps but nothing. He asked me to go with him to Lost & Found, but I told him it could be better to go at the last of the day to give time for someone to return it. So we did, but nothing, he filled the form and out of the park. We continued our trip in San Francisco, where he got a new one a few days later.
When we came back to Mexico City maybe 8 days after the loss there was a DL package waiting in his house with the case. (Jaws dropped) We couldn't belive it. That is one of the main reasons I like Disney so much.

thanks for all of the notice this thread has atoned.....many of you have i guess saved disney and thats cool...great thread if i may say so....keep it up!

We weren't amongst the lucky ones! DH left his cell phone charger at All-Star Movies.....we realized after we got on the plane. I called as soon as we returned home, but they never found it. Fortunately, it wasn't something of great monetary or sentimental value!!!!

We got back yesterday and I found someones bag left on a table while we were having a citrus swirl near the aladin (sp?) ride. I told DD to keep an eye on it while I went up to the counter and told the CM someone left their bag on the table. he quickly went over to the table and was about to retrieve it when a panicky woman went running up to it with her hand on her heart. she was so glad to see the bag was still there and I was happy for her.

Similar thing happened to me also, Metallicat! I was walking to my room one evening and saw what looked like a credit card upside down on the sidewalk. I picked it up and it turned out it was FOUR room keys just together so well they looked like one at the time.
I continued walking to my room since it was SO far from the front desk but I had planned on calling them about the room keys pronto when I got there. Couple seconds later a boy around the age of 10-11 came rushing by me and I asked as he rushed by if he was going towards the front desk- before he could answer there was a man coming up behind him also running. So I decide to ask him- can you take these to the front desk? I found them on the sidewalk.....
Low and behold it was THEIRS and that is why they were running backtracking trying to find those room keys! (which I guess can be pretty important if you have your park tickets on there with UPH or a package, right?)
:)

We had a backpack taken off a stroller many years ago. We never recovered it. In fact at that time the security guard that assisted us told us there is as much theft there as in NYC.

On the bright side, two years ago, I left my fanny pack on a bench in EPCOT after just purchasing water bottles. Someone found it and gave it to the girl at the water cart. She remembered me (because the pack was red) and waited for me to come back. Which I did very frantic because it had EVERYTHING in it. She said if I didn't come back in a short time she would have had security take care of getting it back to me.

Nope, nothing lost, but I did my best to attempt to put our names in every bag we had. I put our names, hotel, dates of stay, home address, cell phone, and home phone numbers on small labels. We put these in the video camera bag in a hidden spot, in case our camera were to get stolen and in an obvious spot in case it were to just get lost. We put on in the camera bag, the various bags we carried with film, batteries, medication/first aid supplies, and extra clothes. We also put one in each of our ticket holders that were on the end of the lanyards. Thankfully, we never needed them, but I did feel better having everything labeled with info on how to find it's way home. Mickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter