Lost Backpack

Wolverine

Tech
lost a back pack @ magic kingdom...ANYBODY ELSE have a bad time getting it back with all the stuff in it???!!

Last year at the MK my sunglsses slipped off my shirt in the Pooh ride- I didn't realize it until too late and they had been found and sent over to lost and found. Lost and Found is in a building near the TTC. They would not let me look at the sunglasses even though I told them that I had confirmed that they had been found and sent over from Pooh ride. I described them and they said sorry they couldn't find them. Scary,huh?:mad:

I got off the Dinosaur ride (very rocky, bumpy, jerky) and as we walked through the sales area I realized I had lost my wallet on the ride. Money, DL, CC's, ID's, pics, keys to the room, including key to safe in room all gone in wallet. Photo section for ride identified car 16 as where I was. CM checked car 16 and found my wallet, returned with everything intact. Lucy the next rider was so terrified, bumped and in the dark that he/she didn't find my wallet. Although the law of averages says he/she would have turned it in. Worked out okay for me. How many pairs of sunglasses do you think they get a year at WDW? Must be thousands!

My sis lost a ziplock bag with cash (20+ dollars) in it at Typhoon Lagoon and it was at the lost and found at the end of the day!

I left my Celtics hat on Buzz and got it back 3 days later. Luck of the Irish maybe?

Left my backpack sit at MGM - all our money & tickets
realized it was gone after we ordered - waitress was so nice
in helping us call Lost & Found - didn't do the usual "pick on
the customer" cause she knew how upset we were - it was
turned in by a cast member at Lost & Found - everything inside -
probably the best thing that ever happened to me at Disney.

My sister lost her AP, 2 charge cards, her driver's license and her college ID at a store in Frontierland. She forgot to snap her purse closed and they just dropped out. She discovered it probably within 10 minutes of losing them. I went back to the last store we had been in while she and my mother looked around where we were. By the time I got to the store, a wonderful CM had already found them and was on her way to lost and found. Another cm called them and had her bring it all back. We were so grateful, it really averted a disaster!

The funny thing is, my sister and I are twins. When I walked in the store, the CM came up and asked me if my name was Melissa (my sister's name). She recognized me by the DL photo. I just laughed and told her no, but I knew why she was looking for her.
I explained the confusion, but to their credit, they wouldn't turn the things over to me even though it was pretty clear I was her sister. I had to go get her to get them back, but that's exactly what they should have done. Gotta love those happy endings!

Not lost but a found experience.

Four years ago my then 6 year old DD found $15 laying on the floor near the check out of a store on Main St. We asked several people in line and around the area if they had lost $. We stood around for several minutes waiting to see if someone would come back, no one did. My DD turned the $ in to the check out clerk who told her "finders keepers, you were honest to try and find the owner". DD was thrilled.

I set my glasses down by a fountain at Downtown Disney and three days later they were in lost and found!!!:)

in November at different times we recovered one set of prescription sunglasses lost on the Dinosaur ride; One regular sunglasses lost on Rock n Rollercoaster, one Minnie mouse hat last on the tram in the parking lot. We were unable to recover one set of Mickey Shaped sunglasses lost while looking at the Osbourne lights. They were never turned in.

I left my wallet with EVERYTHING in it.... On a bench in the ice cream shop on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.
I had set it down because my hands were full, and the parade started and we rushed out the door to watch it.
Well, a while later in The Toontown Fair section I went to pay for something and My wallet was gone!!! PANIC!!!
I had no clue where I had left it.
We retraced our steps and passed by the Queen of Hearts who was out by the Mad Tea Party...:( (I have yet to get a pic w/her!)
Well, finally I remembered the last time I had seen it, headed back to the shop, and one of the CM's remembered someone turning it in, and it had been taken to City Hall.
Well, I described it to them, and they went right out and got it for me.
Nothing was missing. Thank Goodness someone Honest found it!
:D :D

DD lost her first set of "real" glasses in the now-gone Millenium Village. Was told a CM took the glasses to lost and found in Epcot, where they were collected and taken to "Central Lost and Found" which was the kennel area at TTC. Checked EVERYWHERE for 2 days, and even checked again 2 months later on return trip. We never got them back. Other DD lost sunglasses at MK a year later, and they were not returned, either. However, the younger DD left a fannypack in a store in MGM, and after checking lost and found at MGM, she left her name and address and description of fanny pack with a CM. Lo and behold, Disney MAILED the fannypack to us when it was turned in!

My husband's hat blew off on Space Mountain. The CM told us that after they closed they check the track and everything that is found is taken to City Hall.

When the park closed, we went to City Hall and waited until they brought the found things over. The CM's at City Hall were very nice and were kidding around with us while we waited. It was my husband's birthday and he had on a birthday button. They told him he had a telephone call and it was Goofy wishing him a happy birthday.

When the CM came from the back with my husband's hat, he had it on his head pretending that it wasn't there and acting like he didn't know what we were talking about when we told him that was it. It was really funny. He was so happy that he got his hat back, it was his favorite Disney/Nike hat.

We go every year to WDW or DCL, being DVD members. A couple of years ago my Dad lost his money clip with over $100 on Test Track. He found it missing out of his pocket a little while later. He called Lost & Found and a CM had turned it in. He recovered it with nothing missing. That's one of the many reasons we go back year after year. We don't think we would have gotten it back anywhere else.

I lost my wallet at Chef Mickey's on the last night of our trip. Mickey was walking up to us just as we were finishing up and getting ready to leave. I guess I was so excited about getting a picture with him that I forgot to pick my wallet up off the table. :rolleyes:

The worst part is, I didn't even realize it was missing until the next morning when we were filling up our rental car with gas outside the Tampa airport! Because the trip was October 2001, I was SO worried that they wouldn't let me on the flight without a picture ID. Luckily, we explained what had happened to the ticket agent and, after getting a manager, they decided that since it was the return portion of the flight it would be okay to let me on without an ID (doesn't make you feel very safe, does it?) but boy was I glad at the time.

Anyway, by the time we got home there was a message on our answering maching saying that they had found my wallet at Chef Mickey's and were shipping it home to me. It arrived about 3 days later with everything nicely tucked inside :) :D

we were at MVMCP this December. DS (9) had a lanyard full of pins and took it off on the Raceway in TomorrowLand. We waited there and checked all the cars for about a half hour - no lanyard. DS was so upset because he had spent a lot of his own money on the pins. Anyway, we stopped at City Hall and asked if anyone had turned it in. They told us they would try and track down the manager at the Raceway and to come back in 15-20 minutes. When we went back, a really nice CM named Scott took my son by the hand and took him across Main Street and let him pick out a new lanyard and pins. DS was thrilled! We never did recover the lanyard, but it was one of the nicest things that ever happened to us at WDW.

On a trip, I lost a wad of money held with a rubber band. When we checked in Lost-and-Found, you guessed it! Someone turned in the rubber band!

1) Seriously, we have had two things lost in many years at WDW.
2) In each instance the items were returned IN FULL!
3) One was a wallet with more than $200 cash!

4) It NEVER fails to amaze me the kindness of people at WDW.
5) Sure there are those who would make profit.
6) But there are so many more who are thoughful.

We lost a sweatshirt in AK. I think we left it on the tram to the car. For a week we called to see if it was in lost and found. It wasn't returned. It was brand new, my DH never even used it. I hope the person who has the shirt likes it.

When we got home from our last trip we realized that we did not have DS's most important teddy-bear. I called the CR in a panic and they looked and called back--did not find it. They kept calling every week for several weeks to let me know that they still had not found it.

(MIL actually found an identical bear on board the Delta Queen this fall! She was the hero of the day and DS said he is not taking this bear anywhere!)

Last trip, DH brought along a very unique hardcover book he was reading. It was about the history of an area in England where he was born. He was using a copy of his birth certificate for a book mark (don't even ask why). When we arrived home to Canada he discovered he had left the book in the bedside table in our room. We called the resort and they had mousekeeping scour the room for his left-behind articles to no avail. They took our name and number and sure enough, a month after we were home they called and said they think they had found his book, could we describe it etc. We did so and they had it couriered right to our door.
We really had thought we had lost these things for sure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter