LOSE BEFORE YOU CRUISE - Support Thread for all Cruisers

you can do it!
Last July I joined Weight Watchers and have lost 50 lbs so far.
I have about 60 lbs more to go. I won't have it off by my next cruise, March 2015, but I will be much smaller.
Get your head in the game, get serious about it, and it will happen.

Hi there!

I would love to join! We are cruising April 2015! I am starting the 21 day fix as soon as it arrives. Hubby and I are both on this journey together! :cheer2:

Hi
I do need to lose. Aiming to cruise summer 2015. What is the 21 day fix? I am in the UK so maybe it hasn't got to us yet?
I would love to join as it is good for motivation in the group.

I had my measurements re-done today! 4 inches total lost in 2 weeks and about 8 lbs in the last 4-5 weeks! I'm on my way to looking good for our October 2014 Halloween/10 year anniversary cruise! ;)

What is everyone doing to work towards their weight loss goals for their upcoming vacation?

I have 69 Days until we leave and I'm trying to stay focused. I signed up for the Bootcamp through Biggest Loser Club, I am also going to be starting the 21 Day Fix on Monday. So far, 10 pounds down since last October. I've lost 4 in the past 2 weeks. I hope to keep moving to accelerate this weight loss as much as I can.

Have a Magical Day :)

Andrea

What is everyone doing to work towards their weight loss goals for their upcoming vacation? I have 69 Days until we leave and I'm trying to stay focused. I signed up for the Bootcamp through Biggest Loser Club, I am also going to be starting the 21 Day Fix on Monday. So far, 10 pounds down since last October. I've lost 4 in the past 2 weeks. I hope to keep moving to accelerate this weight loss as much as I can. Have a Magical Day :) Andrea
Lose It! (Calorie tracking app)
BodyPump
BodyFlow
Jump rope
Run
Free weights
Etc.

Hi All!

I decided to join this post as I too have a goal before my cruise in Sept 2014. I was doing so good then took a "detour" around November and finding it hard to get back on track and stay motivated. I have been logging all my food and water but it's the exercise I am having trouble staying motivated with.

I will be getting back outside to run/walk this week (weather permitting) but I will admit it is hard to stay focused on the end result. :worried:

Hi all! Hoping to lose 45 pounds by our cruise on 1/23/15 on the Dream to the Bahamas! 10 months to go! Good luck to us all! :cheer2:

Goals
  1. Eat under 1500-1800 calories daily
  2. Drink 8-10 oz of water daily
  3. Sleep no less than 7 hours a night
  4. Exercise 5x a week (DDPYOGA o WiiFit)
  5. Lose 2 or more pounds a week

I am new to all of this and still trying to figure it all out. Thanks for all the posts. It definitely helped me learn a little more and also know that I have a board the will help keep me motivated to loose before our cruise. :grouphug:

I joined a dietbet group today and am soooo ready to finish off the last bit of weight before our next cruise.

The weather is finally cooperating...I got to go out and restart the C25k program today. I hurt. But I did it. :cool1:

I low carbed and eat cleanly from the end of February and lost 17 pounds before my cruise in April, which was a blast!!! :thumbsup2

We are cruising again but not until August 2015. Hope to be at my goal weight by then which is about 30 more pounds to go. In the meantime, my DS will be graduating in early June and I am shooting for another 7-8 pounds gone by then. Hitting the gym hard the next few weeks! You all are doing GREAT!! :cheer2: Keep up the good work!

Ugh... I need to lose my weight! I would love to lose 40-50 lbs but no way before we cruise! We just go this June! We are dieting - we do low carb here also.

Oh my goodness. I've been following this program because I have a 5k coming up Aug 30. So fat I've completed 4 weeks (I've repeated several weeks until I get use to it). So far I've only jogged on my treadmill bc it was to cold outside. But some friends told me I should try running outside bc it's completely different...holy crap it is. I feel like I have to start the whole program over. Running outside kicked my but.

The weather is finally cooperating...I got to go out and restart the C25k program today. I hurt. But I did it. :cool1:

So I've been a yoyo dieter for a long time. I've done god knows how many trendy/fad diets. I gained 100 lbs during my pregnancy over 9 yrs ago (so that stopped being an excuse about 9 yrs ago :-)

About 2 years ago I lost 60 on Jenny Craig and gained back 40.

Having to loose so much weight I felt really overwhelmed. I needed a quick fix, but I get I also have to change my lifestyle. I came across omnitrition (hcg diet). I started that last Oct and I've been really successful. I've been off omnitrition since March and have continued to eat healthy and exercise.

Now I follow ww bc i feel it's the healthiest diet to stay on for life. My cruise is in Aug and I have 19lbs to go to hit my goal!!! If I don't make it in time that's ok. My clothes already fit great and I don't feel like hiding when I'm in my bathing suit. Of course if I do hit my goal, that's awesome to :-)

Since Oct I'm down 62 lbs!!!

Hi Everyone,

For any of you working on losing some pounds how would you like some motivation to lose the weight?

Check out dietbet through google. I started a game a few months ago but not many participated. I could set up our own Disney Cruise game.

Right now I am doing one game but I would like to join another.

Let me know if you are interested.

I'm working on losing some weight as well. Started a new program. Doing 21 Day Fix when it arrives. Very motivated. It would be fun to do a game with folks who all love Disney.

Have a magical day!

Andrea

Hi Andrea!

I know your post is a little old, but I just found this thread. I was wondering if you set up a game? (or if anyone else is in one) I've done DietBet in the past, and was successful, but it's a lot easier when you have people working towards the same goal.

Thanks all!
Carolyn

Back in the game!!!
I have a wonderful cruise awaiting in December- a Christmas cruise. That gives me 7 months. I anticipate some stress as we are building a house during the same time period. However, 2 months post - cruise I celebrate the big 4-0, so I have the added drive to achieve my goal BEFORE I turn 40!
Total goal; 35-40 lbs
Personal goals: feel and look good in all my clothes (swimsuits too!), no stress eating, muscle tone, flexibility and strength.

I find that the clientele on disney cruises are the fittest of all the ships I've been on, an I do not want to feel self - conscious at the pool this year :) I know we are in for an amazing vacation no matter what shape I'm in, but I am determined to use this time to shape up.

Method: low carb, lots of water, TONS of veggies, 45-60 min exercise 5 days per week (run, walk, gym). My vices: movie popcorn, 1/2 & 1/2, cheese, chocolate= Buh-bye!! (Sigh)
:cool1:

anybody tried the raspberry keytone and had success with it?

I heard that raspberry ketones are great for a quick fix like to go to a party but once you stop taking them all weight comes back. The guy at the GNC store told me about that he really didn't recommend them.

I to have had it with my weight. I looked at pictures of myself on the last cruise and said that it !! I came home and to my surprise and delight a women's gym opened up right next to my Starbucks. It is called Get in Shape for Women. I guess it is big on the East coast. very new to CA. I joined April 21. So far have lost 8 pounds. What make this place so cool is it is just for women the trainers are women as well. You have almost one on one personal training. As they get busier it will be 4-1 because i joined right from the start I have had most of my sessions 1-1 pretty cool. I have a set appt. which for me makes it impossible to skip even those mornings that I would like to just stay home I can't because I have an appt. They give you a "blueprint" to follow for eating but they really stress this is a lifestyle change not a diet. Believe me this really is a change not a diet. I have had more to eat now that before but its clean whole foods high protein. I have one "cheat" day a week that I can eat what ever I want but now that I am eating better its harder for me to want to eat things that aren't good for me. 54 years old and I never thought I would care about eating good vs ice cream or candy. :) The biggest helper is an app called My fitness Pal. That has helped me keep track of calories and protein. Those are the ones I watch the most but all the others are listed to. It really is a great app try it it is FREE! If anyone is interested in the app we could be friends on it and help encourage our progress. I want to loose 30 pounds, from there I might go another 10 but I think with the workouts I am hoping I will feel like I can wear a bathing suit on my next cruise in October without feeling like a beached whale. I keep reminding myself that it didn't go on in a month it certainly isn't coming off in a month!

Hi all! Hoping to lose 45 pounds by our cruise on 1/23/15 on the Dream to the Bahamas! 10 months to go! Good luck to us all! :cheer2:

I am going to be on the same cruise as you and I have the same goal! Have you been able to find a group meet for this cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter