L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante - questions/opinions pls!

Unfortunately, my opinion is that the only real good authentic Italian restaurant on Disney property is Palio's and it is not part of the new meal plan. The atmosphere is much better and you are not on the guy's lap next to you. I have found that every couple of years, even the signature dishes quality changes as do the chefs at all of the restaraunts. Some for better and some for worse. I have not been to Alfredos in a couple of years, because along with some of the other posters I have felt that the service was sub par along with the food, I am however going to give it another try in June.

I love Alfredo's. I usually get the sampler plate (which includes Gnocci, lasanga, and fetuccine Alfredo), or just the lasanga (which is incredible. The chocolate mousse is very good there too.

spaceacewannabe said:
Anybody suppose that if we asked for the "back room" or "not the main dining room" they'd put us there/know what we wanted? What do you think---likely to have that request honored? Or would that be unclear about where we preferred to be, even? We have a 6 p.m. ADR on a Sunday in early August.

TIA!!! ;)

i am sure when you get to the podium you can ask for a table in the back.. they might make you wait a bit longer if that is not the area they were going to seat you though.

the last time DH and i went they did put us in the back room-- it was not very crowded and i asked if we can have a table by the window (that local has no table right next to you) and they were happy to give it to me.

you will probably gave better luck if it is not very crowded-- but it wont hurt to ask! :goodvibes

myself and DS's 2 ate ther in december and true it was very crowded and tbles close together but the food was fantastic. Our server was wonderful and took the time to adress my alergies to onions, the chef even came out to tlak to me. they totally revamped the shrimp pasta becasue it had onions in the sause it was wonderful. DS's #1 had alfredo and he loved it, it is not the alfredo sauce we get here it is more a butter and cheese sause but very rich. we loved every bite of food and left stuffed and happy.

magicmouse2 said:
oh dear Now I am thinking of changing my ressie I hate cramped seating. :confused3

you know, i also HATE sitting close to people, when possible i ask for a booth or a table that is not close to someone-- i have major social anxiety! :crazy:

but the last few times i was there, i asked for a table by the window that was by itself-- and one time they sat us very close to another couple-- it bothered me a bit- however, it was so loud it wasnt that bad.

as spaceacewannabe stated- just ask for a specific location ! :thumbsup2

We have never had a bad experience at Alfredo's, but we go for lunch when it isn't as crowded. We prefer it over Mama Melrose's.

I would go for the Fettucine Alfredo alone. I mean it is where it all began. :thumbsup2

We ate there last week. I thought the fettucine alfredo was wonderful as was my Caprese appetizer. It was extremely crowded and we were all squished together in a big room. We had to wait 30 minutes for a table (we didn't have ADRs) so we didn't mind being squished but I thought it was a little too pricey for what we got. The waiters were running around like crazy and very loud, but that is how they are in Italy (where I used to live).

I don't think I would eat there again.

JULIE

we had really low expectations after reading the bad reviews

After having a really bad experience at California Grill, we were ready for another bad evening....

but I had the Caesar salad, delicious, the appetizer size fettucini alfredo which was fantastic, and the desert sampler plate with a cappuchino..yummY

I love the singing, the waiters, and the whole thing. I didn't notice it being cramped, and I hate sitting close to people. It was packed, but we were seated 5 min after we checked in.

we will go back for sure, but I'm sticking to my earlier choices of food.

We ate lunch at Alfredo's last year during the free dining program. I, too, was a bit unsure of my choice because of some of these reviews. I was far more excited to be eating at Le Cellier, especially since adr's were so hard to get last year. Le Cellier was my least favorite dining experience and Alfredo's was my favorite!

The pasta e fagioli was great! I can't recall the shrimp entree I ate, but it too was really good. The Italian margarita was good, but the tiramisu was the best! At lunch it was not crowded at all, unfortunately I guess they don't sing when it isn't busy. I wish I could have seen my darling little waiter singing!! He was very attentive and handsome to boot! :love:

You just have to choose what you think will work for you and your family (my kiddo's both loved the pink ladybug mousse) and read the reviews with this in mind. I think Alfredo's is a very good choice, enjoy!

I am always shocked at the bad rap Alfredo's gets on here. Having said that ... we always order the Alfredo. It is out of this world. Beware that (like REAL alfredo is) it is very heavy and you may want to go and chill for a while after eating it (LOL). Pure Parmesean Reggiano (Sp?) and butter, it's not "creamed" down like Olive Gardens.

We have also always had outstanding service. I would say the best service we have ever had at WDW was at Alfredo's and LeCellier.

WDWO

My dad and stepmom just ate there last week, and it was by far the best meal of their trip. They *loved* the food, *loved* the server, and *loved* the atmosphere. I warned them away from it because of what I'd read here, and now they think I'm crazy. :)

My whole family is Italian, and we all love the food here. We are going in August for the Free DDP and we will being eating in Italy 2 times. Our favorites are the Lasagne, Pasta Fagioli and the Pasta with Shrimp in the Vodka sauce. The Fettucine Alfredo is good too!

Would not go there again OR Olive Garden. Have not yet found good Italian in Orlando area so far- will be trying Tony's and Mama Melrose next time. Also I heard Macaroni Grill is good. Anyone know?

Mrs Incredible said:
Would not go there again OR Olive Garden. Have not yet found good Italian in Orlando area so far- will be trying Tony's and Mama Melrose next time. Also I heard Macaroni Grill is good. Anyone know?

if you are asking how Tonys, Mama Melsrose and Macaroni grill all are compared to alfredos- i personally would say there IS NO comparison!

they all are pretty cheesy compared to alfredos, which is authentic. the Macaroni grill is more like the Olive Garden in my book.

but then again - some people like olive garden quality italian food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter