Looks promising!

mrstomrice

Disney Planning Fanactic!
According to the touring plans, the first 2 days of August are 6's, dropping down from 8's for the month of July. My Dsis is there now and is walking onto many attractions and did not book adr's until she got there (we have ours though) She got Hoop Dee Doo without a problem.
Can't wait to see the crowd calendar for Aug 9-16:)

we have 1 day , 8/8( DS birthday)...planning on DHS ( which closes at 7, no EMH :confused3) so REALLY need low/manageable crowds.

Does anyone know what the last week of August will be like?

They had the crowd calendar up for this morning for Aug 1 and 2, so It seems like the month before or so, it is updated if you do not have the touring plans book that gives you extra access. Go to touringplans.com then crowd calendar to see the results for the expected crowds and which parks they suggest.

Touringplans.com offer the crowd calendar for free 30 days in advance. We are arriving on the 20th, so I am still waiting for our days to be FREE...

I think the first half of August will be slower than the last half. Free Dining will bring a lot more people to Disney especially since a lot of schools don't begin until after Labor Day. Most FL schools will begin August 24th.

According to the touring plans, the first 2 days of August are 6's, dropping down from 8's for the month of July. My Dsis is there now and is walking onto many attractions and did not book adr's until she got there (we have ours though) She got Hoop Dee Doo without a problem.
Can't wait to see the crowd calendar for Aug 9-16:)

I noticed the same thing!! :banana: We are traveling 7/30-8/3 and hoping that it's not too overwhelming for my first timers, DH and DD14. I'm just happy to be going no matter what!!!:dance3:

I hope it wont be that bad!!! But I've been a few times before, so I will do like my last trip, which was last May... go in early and leave in the afternoon for a break at the resort and maybe come back in the evening.

We were really relaxed last year, took our time, did the rides and shows that we really wanted to see and chilled by the pool and shopped in DTD... it was the most wonderful trip ever.

Count my family in also for that week:dance3:
Looking at the crowd calander for that week it has gone down since when I planned this trip in March. The crowds numbers do pick up after the 16th when free dining starts but the first 2 wks in August look Go6d:cool1:

are correct - from what I am reading it should be wonderful, hope they don't change things upwards as far as crowd predictions are concerned.

We are going the 7-15 as well. I am hoping that free dining will lure most folks toward the end of the month making it less crowded earlier.

We were there later in August last year and it seemed really crowded - other than when Faye was there.

We were really relaxed last year, took our time, did the rides and shows that we really wanted to see and chilled by the pool and shopped in DTD... it was the most wonderful trip ever.

That is EXACTLY what we plan on doing! I figure we can be crazy in the mornings, then relax by the afternoon! Come on low crowds!! :wizard:

Touringplans.com offer the crowd calendar for free 30 days in advance. We are arriving on the 20th, so I am still waiting for our days to be FREE...

We are going Aug15th -23rd and when we subbed to Touring plans in may they were estimating a few 6's and 7's with a 9 thrown in. Now however they have dropped it to almost all 6's and 5's! Good news for us ....not so good for WDW's bottom line.

:woohoo: My DH and I will be at Disney between August 9 -16. I just checked Touring Plans and the crowd calandar is still at 6. I have never been in August but it looks like it will be manageable. It will be hot, but I live in Florida so it's always hot. I was able to get ADR's for any restaraunt, at any time I wanted.

**34 Days to the Magic**
Staying at POR

I noticed that too!

I was shocked 2 weeks ago when I made my ADR's (it was a last minute trip)... I got EVERYTHING I wanted! I didn't have the DDP at first because I assumed there was NO WAY I'd get anything with 30 days til the trip.... WRONG! I got LeCellier for lunch, Chef Mickey's for dinner (5:30), Tusker House, etc.... the online ADR system showed availability for CRT @ 9:00am one morning we were there, Ohana for dinner a few times..... UNBELIEVABLE! :thumbsup2 I hope everyone's waiting to go during free dining and the parks are quiet the end of July/beginning of August :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter