• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looks like DCL is getting a new website...

Love the new site! When I was booking our cruise, it was picked based upon destination and price. In order for me to do that, I had to do a search, by each month, to see which month would be the cheapest, for the destination and itinerary we wanted. The new search function is so much easier!!!! Thanks DCL! :D

Im still on the old one looks like - Mac 10.10 using Safari. When I use Chrome instead its still the old site.

I'm really liking the new site. The only thing I wish they had at the top is a drop down to narrow down the search by ship. I like the updated photos too.

Don't be concerned. We know they are changing over and doing work. Just be patient.

I was somewhat concerned. I have an upcoming cruise that I can do online checkin and book Palo/excursions starting Sunday night. Normally I would go to my upcoming cruises in the Castaway Club section. The other day, it would show my past cruises, but upcoming cruises just showed the "Please wait". Today I tried to to my reservations and entered the reservation number and my birthday. That worked (but still seemed slow to load). I then tried the Castaway Club link again. I thought it was stuck at please wait again, but today, it eventually did load.

I was somewhat concerned. I have an upcoming cruise that I can do online checkin and book Palo/excursions starting Sunday night. Normally I would go to my upcoming cruises in the Castaway Club section. The other day, it would show my past cruises, but upcoming cruises just showed the "Please wait". Today I tried to to my reservations and entered the reservation number and my birthday. That worked (but still seemed slow to load). I then tried the Castaway Club link again. I thought it was stuck at please wait again, but today, it eventually did load.

Mine eventually showed up.....but you can imagine how I was freaking out!

I ended up calling the DCL Tech support desk this morning and was informed they were having trouble with certain browsers. It looks like the problem has been solved!:thumbsup2

Turns out I had a hidden window with the new site. When I tried to open a new tab in the visible window with the site, it was only loading the old site. Got rid of the new tab, brought up the hidden window, and it's all good.

Even though I don't have a DCL cruise planned at all, my new fave thing is to just put in my traveling party and then click Find Price, and once that page comes up I click on Dream and see all cruises on Dream. It's lovely.

Mine eventually showed up.....but you can imagine how I was freaking out!

I get THAT people are concerned. I get that people constantly have booking windows, etc coming up. But there's nothing WE can do. And we've been dealing with the Disney sites changing and not coming up and showing absolutely nothing...for a few years now. We can do nothing about it. So there's no point in worrying. FP+ stuff aside (WDW site), the only time I remember things not coming up again were ADRs in the very very early days of the slow switch to what would become MDE (before we knew there was something called MyDisneyExperience on the way). And I still wonder if guests and CMs didn't jump the gun a little bit in re-making them.

Just trying to help you not be full of stress. It was either going to be usable for your booking window or not...there's not a thing we can do about it.

DCL has some work to do on this website. If you are a family that needs connecting cabins, it is impossible to pick connecting cabins because the website doesn't give you the option to input the cabin numbers to see if they are available and all the cabins that they say are available are non connecting cabins.

On another note, when you try to look at photos for a Cat V cabin, They show a Cat T pictures. Also, when they show the slideshow for the Fantasy, the Atrium for the Dream is shown?

I couldn't get the new website on my ipad until I typed the "Disneycruiseline" in the search browser instead of allowing the ipad to select the website because it defaulted back to the old website.

I've deleted/cleared out everything I can except the browser and OS itself of course ;) and still don't see it. Oh well, their IT will figure it out eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter