Looking for some book suggestions

cabanafrau

DIS Veteran
Have some upcoming hours on the road, in waiting rooms, etc. that I'd like to get some book suggestions for. Because I'll be frequently interrupted/distracted I'm looking for something more on the snack food side of the shelf, easy to engage in, probably fiction, although I guess that could include something like biographies.

I don't really enjoy sci fi or horror.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Death In The Long Grass.

Non-fiction, but it’s a series of short stories that mostly don’t connect. So, easy to stop & restart.

DH just finished "The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander Newfoundland. It's only 244 pages, and he said it was an easy read.

But it's the stories of the people from the small town and on the planes that suddenly had to deal with the 38 planes that were diverted there. As a lot of the reviews say, it showcases some of the best of humanity on a day that started with some of the worst.

I have been reading Liane Moriarty's books while I wait in the car loop in the afternoon for my grandkids.
Its my quiet time during the day.......

The Elephant Whisperer, it's one of those books you don't think you'll love and then...you fall hard. One of my all time favorites. Easy read.

I just downloaded The Elephant Whisperer. It will be a welcome change after the Holocaust phase I'm currently in. I read Lillac Girls, Born Survivors and now Ravensbruk. I need something a little lighter before The Nazi Officer's Wife becomes available.

A few others that are a bit heavier in topic but enjoyable reads I've done lately:

The Mountain Between Us, Charles Martin
The Life She Wants, Robyn Carr (this might be another good one for you, actually)
How to Walk Away, Therese Plummer
The Sometime Sisters, Carolyn Brown

I also adored The Great Alone, but it's WAY heavy. As is Beneath a Scarlet Sky, but def worth putting on your list!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Sad in places, but generally breezy. Easy to pick up and put down.

Donna Andrew's Meg Langslow mysteries. It starts with Murder with Peacocks. Also very easy to pick up and put down - and funny to boot!

While everyone else seems to be giving much more literary choices, I will list three of my favorite series.

In Death series by Nora Roberts (approx. 47)
Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich 25 books available
Alphabet series by Sue Grafton 25 books available

I think Grafton is a bit "deeper," but all 3 are enjoyable reads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter