Looking for Puerto Rican Empanada Recipe

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Zandy595, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

Does anyone have a recipe for beef filling for empanadas? I'm looking for one that I think has green olives and sofrito in it.

2. willowsnn3

willowsnn3 Tagless not by choice but by circumstance

Browsing the cooking board & this post caught my attention. So 2 years later did you get a recipe, lol??? My dd was married to a Puerto Rican for awhile & his sister made the best empanadas. I made them a few times using ground beef browned and minced into a fine texture. Lots of green olives (use liquid if mixture is too thick) lots of sofrito, lots of garlic & cilantro. Blend well in blender & add to meat mixture & simmer til flavors mix together. Sometimes they add a little diced cooked potato to the mixture. These are so good deep fried. I haven't made them in ages tho.

3. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

My brother's MIL is Puerto Rican. She couldn't tell me an exact recipe because she just throws everything together, no measuring. She told me the basic ingredients and I kept tasting the filling as I went along, until it was close to hers. I think I came up with a reasonable facsimile, of course hers are still a little bit better.