Looking for Puerto Rican Empanada Recipe

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
Does anyone have a recipe for beef filling for empanadas? I'm looking for one that I think has green olives and sofrito in it.

Browsing the cooking board & this post caught my attention. So 2 years later did you get a recipe, lol??? My dd was married to a Puerto Rican for awhile & his sister made the best empanadas. I made them a few times using ground beef browned and minced into a fine texture. Lots of green olives (use liquid if mixture is too thick) lots of sofrito, lots of garlic & cilantro. Blend well in blender & add to meat mixture & simmer til flavors mix together. Sometimes they add a little diced cooked potato to the mixture. These are so good deep fried. I haven't made them in ages tho.

My brother's MIL is Puerto Rican. She couldn't tell me an exact recipe because she just throws everything together, no measuring. She told me the basic ingredients and I kept tasting the filling as I went along, until it was close to hers. I think I came up with a reasonable facsimile, of course hers are still a little bit better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter