Looking for others visiting for the Run Disney Races September 2016

I am doing the DLP half too. Been to DLP 5 times previously so if anyone needs any tips please let me know. Staying offsite at as it was a third of the price of the Newport Bay given we are just back from WDW! We have stayed offsite once before and it really isnt that far.

I am doing the DLP half too. Been to DLP 5 times previously so if anyone needs any tips please let me know. Staying offsite at as it was a third of the price of the Newport Bay given we are just back from WDW! We have stayed offsite once before and it really isnt that far.

Where are you staying?
I can't believe the prices at DLP ..

I will be there with my stepdaughter and son-in-law. All will be doing the 5K and the Castle to Chateau. We will be traveling from Oklahoma and staying at the Sequoia Lodge.

I had hoped to go but just cant swing it this time - cant afford the money or the time (DD just starting school few days before, and DS may be at a new school). We are going next week though. Is the route available yet - I may do the 5k by myself - just for the craic. I had at one point thought about doing the half, but pneumonia derailed many things.

We are going too! Visiting from the Netherlands. My boyfriend and I are doing the 5k and my sister and her bf both 5k and half. Although we have AP we bought a package deal staying onsite at Hotel Cheyenne, it was a great deal for the 4 of us :)

My SIL and I will be there. We're taking Wed & Thur for me to show her Paris then checking in to Newport on Friday and flying home on Tuesday. She is doing the half and I will hopefully do the 5k. It's my 1st ever race so praying this old body quits complaining and gets it in gear. :) She's going for her Castle to Chateau to go with her Coast to Coast. I'm looking to just not die! We will then do the Princess at WDW next Feb.

DD is doing the castle to chateau DLP September and WDW in November to complete...
We're staying offsite , but now find out shuttles won't be running to WDW on race day so ....I guess will be cabbing it.
I'm stunned at Disney resort costs but keep looking all the same !

DD is doing the castle to chateau DLP September and WDW in November to complete...
We're staying offsite , but now find out shuttles won't be running to WDW on race day so ....I guess will be cabbing it.
I'm stunned at Disney resort costs but keep looking all the same !
Where are you staying off site? We are at B&B-Hotel Disneyland Paris at Magny-le-Hongre and have a van, so if there's no more than 2-3 of you and you're there, or one of the others in that same area we could possibly take you race morning.

And yes DLP resort hotels are expensive, but even more so that week. But then I think the same when I look at WDW hotels when compared to offsite. We rented a great 3 br house for 2 if us and it was slightly less than the cost of Pop Century!

How sweet are you...unfortunately, we're at the Relais Spa Val d'europe
I'll have a look and see where your hotel is ...I'm not one bit familiar with the area.
We could be way off the beaten path !

We are the other direction from you I think ...
I really do appreciate your kind offer though!!!

We are the other direction from you I think ...
I really do appreciate your kind offer though!!!

Shame, yes, I think you're the other way. If you're in Val d'Europe I think (based on my own hotel research) that you're probably not too far from the train station. It might be worth checking train times (the train goes directly into DLP). You may only need a cab to the station, or it might even be within walking distance.

How sweet are you...unfortunately, we're at the Relais Spa Val d'europe
I'll have a look and see where your hotel is ...I'm not one bit familiar with the area.
We could be way off the beaten path !

You're quite close from the train station in Val d'Europe, just a few minutes walk. From there you can take a train straight into the park (one stop away) :) You're not too far from the parks either, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it's probably a 15-20 minutes walk?

Shame, yes, I think you're the other way. If you're in Val d'Europe I think (based on my own hotel research) that you're probably not too far from the train station. It might be worth checking train times (the train goes directly into DLP). You may only need a cab to the station, or it might even be within walking distance.

Thank you so much again ...will check out our options!

You're quite close from the train station in Val d'Europe, just a few minutes walk. From there you can take a train straight into the park (one stop away) :) You're not too far from the parks either, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it's probably a 15-20 minutes walk?

Appreciate it, many thanks!

I'll be running the 5k and Half, plus completing the castle to chateau challenge. Ran the Tinkerbell Half in May. Registered with package, staying at Hotel Santa Fe. My running buddy is also coming along and doing the same (5k, Half, Challenge), but he's the intense one who made it a goal to do EVERY rundisney race this year (5k's, challenges, virtual runs, international), the year that Paris, Wine and dine Challenge, and Virtual Races were added :rotfl2:.

Anyway, doing a week in Paris beforehand, got a great deal on an apartment near the Louve and Notre Dame.
Never expected to be running half marathons (I'm more a 10k kind of person), but I won 2 round trip flight vouchers for Europe, plus some hotel money in a contest last year, and figured I couldn't miss this opportunity, and if I'm doing the DLP half, might as well go for castle to chateau, so here we are.

Question ...is anyone at all unnerved about being in such a public place with so so many people given the incidents of late in France?

Question ...is anyone at all unnerved about being in such a public place with so so many people given the incidents of late in France?
Definitely a concern for me. Will remain optimistic and will know that Disney will have a high security alert, but its still makes me unease to travel across the pond.

We'll be only doing one day into Paris proper - and will need to evaluate how we're travelling thru Europe.

Definitely a concern for me. Will remain optimistic and will know that Disney will have a high security alert, but its still makes me unease to travel across the pond.

We'll be only doing one day into Paris proper - and will need to evaluate how we're travelling thru Europe.

Me also ..were in DLP for 3 nights and then Paris for 4 before heading to .....Nice
I'm debating the major tourist spots in Paris ,how sad

My daughter is also doing the Castle to Chateau run (s) and I'm going with her adding onto an already planned France vacation. I can't believe the DLP resort pricing for that time frame. We've booked offsite but given the early arrival on race day I would prefer an onsite hotel. Anyone find better prices anywhere?

Check with Expedia for a room only reservation. They are much better than booking directly. They do not include park tickets but 1 night at the Sequoia was $195 vs. over $400 with a "free" ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter