Long time no see..Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong trip in the planning!

4 sleeps! And we've just got back from the afterhours gp - 14 year old has chicken pox! Perfect timing - grrrr :(

Oh no-will they be allowed to travel or still in the contagious phase? I forget - it's around 5 days til the spots crust over or something isn't it so you might just squeek in? Here's hoping the others don't get it. Hope they are not too sick either - some can be very ill for several days, some not. It was around that age my DD got vaccinated as she had skipped it though childhood despite sharing a bed and pillow with her cuz who was covered in spots on waking up and another time her whole childcare room getting it. But also a couple of her friends got it early teens despite being vaccinated but very mild.

He has been vaccinated so hopefully it's just a mild case. He isn't sick at all, just has spots all over his back and torso. Dr and pharmacist both say he's fine to travel- phew!! We just have to hope beyond hope that none of the rest us get it!!

3 more sleeps! Today is packing day - woo!

Last edited:
We are here and it's amazing! I don't have words for how beautiful the castle is at night :love:. Only got to the park at 4pm and stayed till just after 8pm. Rode Space mountain (awesome!), Indiana jones, buzz lightyear, star tours, autopia. then dinner at Planet Hollywood and now home to rest before heading to the parks for a big day tomorrow!

Space Mountain is awesome! And so surprising!

Well I've discovered that Disney with teenagers is totally different to Disney with kids. They aren't the slightest bit interested in my tour planning and just want to do their own thing :(. And forget about making rope drop, I'm struggling to get them out of bed to make it to the park by opening!

But anyway, we are still having an awesome time! Got to the Studios at 10am today and went straight to Tower of Terror (10 minute wait). Was a first for my 12yr old as he's always been too scared but he rode it today ! Then to Crush's Coaster but 50 minutes was too long so we got fast pass for Ratatouille then went to Toy StoryPlayland. Rode RC racer then to the Motor Stunt show. Exactly the same as Hollywood studios except it had Lighting McQueen rather then Herbie. Then a spin on Rock n Roller Coaster (5 min wait!), lunch at Cafe Cascadeurs then Ratatouille with our fast pass (awesome!). Then DH and I left the kids to it and went shopping at Val d'Europe. Snuck back and Christmas'd up our room a little and are now having a birthday drink for me at King Ludwigs while we wait to meet the kids for our Christmas (eve) dinner at Cafe Mickey. loving it!

Space Mountain is awesome! And so surprising!

Well I've discovered that Disney with teenagers is totally different to Disney with kids. They aren't the slightest bit interested in my tour planning and just want to do their own thing :(. And forget about making rope drop, I'm struggling to get them out of bed to make it to the park by opening!

But anyway, we are still having an awesome time! Got to the Studios at 10am today and went straight to Tower of Terror (10 minute wait). Was a first for my 12yr old as he's always been too scared but he rode it today ! Then to Crush's Coaster but 50 minutes was too long so we got fast pass for Ratatouille then went to Toy StoryPlayland. Rode RC racer then to the Motor Stunt show. Exactly the same as Hollywood studios except it had Lighting McQueen rather then Herbie. Then a spin on Rock n Roller Coaster (5 min wait!), lunch at Cafe Cascadeurs then Ratatouille with our fast pass (awesome!). Then DH and I left the kids to it and went shopping at Val d'Europe. Snuck back and Christmas'd up our room a little and are now having a birthday drink for me at King Ludwigs while we wait to meet the kids for our Christmas (eve) dinner at Cafe Mickey. loving it!
WOW....Cafe Cascadeurs was open!!! Damn...love that place but it's been closed every time recently :( Love it in there

Wow sounds like it's a lot less crowded than I would have expected - those wait times are awesome! Crush's Coaster is the only ride I've ever waited more than an hour for, and it was totally worth it - such an awesome ride! I think we waited for about an hour the first time, and the second time was around 80 minutes :scared1: I would have loved to do it again and again, but we couldn't justify doing that sort of wait more than twice!

Enjoy your birthday drinks, and have a wonderful Christmas!

What do Parisians do on Xmas day? Visit Disneyland! Holy crowds Batman! But saying that, the ride wait times really aren't long. We are currently lining up for Crush's Coaster and its 40 mins wait. We haven't waited more then 20 minutes yet! This is the longest but we figured we've only got a few more hours today and again tomorrow morning, so might as well wait.

It was dead today compared to last year - I've just come back in after being over there for a few hours - last year it was rammed Xmas day and Boxing day. Hope you are having a great time, it sounds as if you are :thumbsup2

Wow despite the crowds, the wait times sound awesome! We were there at a 'quiet time' and we were waiting at least half an hour for most rides!

Sounds fun. We went at a quiet time and had short waits too. Glad you are experiencing it quieter than the norm for this time of year. Teens!! Have fun.

We were there a couple weeks or maybe a week? before Christmas last year and it was JAMMED!!!! So bad....
Crush's coaster was 80mins and the slow loader toy story land were really bad but we managed to do the parachute drop which we hadn't done on previous visits.
The stores were nasty too. The Christmas shop in the castle was selling out already and this was even though it doesn't have the really awesome range it used to have about 5 years ago.

So yes....although I know people will be there...and they are mostly from other European countries in my experience not just France...your wait times are AWESOME!!!

Thinking back the Rat ride was brand new still last Christmas and was where everyone went first. Because DLP still uses the old fastpass system (my preferred) we ran straight for a fastpass and then did photography and shop looking and then rode it after the first flush through...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter