Long time no see..Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong trip in the planning!

As for fussy eaters I am afraid you are more patient than I. If there was nothing he'd eat from the entrees either I'd feed him eg nuggets and chips prior then sitting at the meal say he wasn't well so not eating while the rest of you ate or that he was only eating desert and get him that.

Glad to see it all worked out. I was going to say for benefit of others re HP your daughter could have entered 5 mins before the end of her entry block and you queued ready at the start of yours. She may have had to wait 15 mins for you to join her so watched the entry movie by herself or you might have been ok. We found the entry block times a bit rubbery around the edges. really looking forward to a TR please for the whole trip! so jealous; have an amazing time!

Thanks for the tip! Does that mean that we have half an hour to start the tour? Our original confirmation said 15:30 - 16:00 (with one ticket 14:30 - 15:00!), but the new confirmation just says 5 tickets for 15:30. If we have until 4pm to start the tour I will feel more comfortable in case of any travel delays. It is all a little bit confusing!

I've got a couple of weeks off when we get back, so hopefully I'll get a full trip report done then!

As for fussy eaters I am afraid you are more patient than I. If there was nothing he'd eat from the entrees either I'd feed him eg nuggets and chips prior then sitting at the meal say he wasn't well so not eating while the rest of you ate or that he was only eating desert and get him that.

I'd be happy to do that if we didn't have to pay for him, but I don't want to pay premium prices for him not to eat anything! I remember paying I think US$40 for him to eat one piece of watermelon at Crystal Palace!!

Have you thought about asking on the Paris Disboards about dining options. I have no idea about Paris, but I'm sure plenty of people on that board would be able to give you great info, probably better than many CMs!

Yeah, I have. I started a thread but haven't had any replies.

So I discovered that the Inventions Christmas Eve dinner buffet is 219 euro per person!! Times that by 5 and we're looking at almost AUD$2000 for dinner! So yeah, no, we're not doing that. I'm going to keep researching but DH and I are thinking that we will risk it and book something when we get there. I would love to do one of the character christmas meals, but we cannot afford that sort of money. That's even more then our 4 day park tickets cost, for just one meal!

Wow that's crazy! I would definitely consider Walt's (assuming it's not priced similarly). There's no characters, but it's still a special place to have dinner.

Im from the Netherlands and have an AP at DLP. My personal favorite restaurants are: Hakuna Matata in the park (counter service, this is a must for each trip) and Annette's Diner, Rainforest Café and king Ludwigs Castle, all in Disney Village. As the French prefer to dine late, we usually leave the park around 530-600 to get dinner. Heard good stories about The Steakhouse in the Village, but never eaten there. Each time I wanted to I was with a vegetarian friend... ;) Also Sequoia Lodge has a good table service restaurant.

There was a lot of text on the previous pages, and I only scanned through it. If I understand correctly, you are staying off site. If you go longer than 3 days, its worth getting an AP. If you go there by car, the parking is free, discount on merchandise and restaurants (incl. In the Village, plus a free fruit cocktail with a Dream Pass). And you get the EMH, which are valuable in low season but to me a must in high season.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Wow that's crazy! I would definitely consider Walt's (assuming it's not priced similarly). There's no characters, but it's still a special place to have dinner.

Walt's is 169 euro per person. Still too much for us. I think we're going to have to forget about the special Christmas dining deals and just go somewhere else :(

Im from the Netherlands and have an AP at DLP. My personal favorite restaurants are: Hakuna Matata in the park (counter service, this is a must for each trip) and Annette's Diner, Rainforest Café and king Ludwigs Castle, all in Disney Village. As the French prefer to dine late, we usually leave the park around 530-600 to get dinner. Heard good stories about The Steakhouse in the Village, but never eaten there. Each time I wanted to I was with a vegetarian friend... ;) Also Sequoia Lodge has a good table service restaurant.

There was a lot of text on the previous pages, and I only scanned through it. If I understand correctly, you are staying off site. If you go longer than 3 days, its worth getting an AP. If you go there by car, the parking is free, discount on merchandise and restaurants (incl. In the Village, plus a free fruit cocktail with a Dream Pass). And you get the EMH, which are valuable in low season but to me a must in high season.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks Karin! Yes, we are staying offsite for 3 nights only, so not getting the AP. Annette's Diner is a definite, the reviews are fantastic! And I like the sounds of King Ludwigs Castle too. I was just hoping to do one of the special Disney character meals for Christmas Eve/Day, but the prices are outrageous, so sounds like that's going to be off the table.

Walt's is 169 euro per person. Still too much for us. I think we're going to have to forget about the special Christmas dining deals and just go somewhere else :(

Thanks Karin! Yes, we are staying offsite for 3 nights only, so not getting the AP. Annette's Diner is a definite, the reviews are fantastic! And I like the sounds of King Ludwigs Castle too. I was just hoping to do one of the special Disney character meals for Christmas Eve/Day, but the prices are outrageous, so sounds like that's going to be off the table.

Yikes! It's a shame they don't offer any budget friendly, but still 'special' Christmas offerings :sad2:

Got it! As crowds will be huge at the days you are at DLP, you definitely need a plan. During the lower times, even the summer you can get everything done easily in 3 days. During holidays the parks are packed. Lots and lots of locals. It's still possible to see/do everything, but not as easily. (Don't want to scare you, just be prepared for crowds)

-Be there well before opening time, the lines at bag check can be long.
-Get your FP for Big Thunder Mountain first, then go to Space Mountain.
-They are strict in enforcing FP Rules, sometimes even to the minute.
-Unless you have a princess lover in your group and meeting a (yes, as in 1) princess is a must. Then run as fast as you can to the princess pavillion to get a reservation (no standby line available). Be prepared you might already be too late as the queue already starts formig during EMH.
-Queues at Pirates and Phantom Manor get so long ar these times, they have to continu outside the regular queue, but usually they are keep-moving which makes it easier to get in.
-At the Studios run to Crush Coaster as soon as the park opens, while the other gets FP at the Tower of Terror. They usually let a long line for outside first before they open the inside queue.
-pack extra warm clothes ( plus preferably something to sit on) for Disney Dreams and something to keep you/your family entertained. At this time of year people will start blocking good spots at least 2-1,5 hours before showtime.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for such great info, Karin! I will be back over the weekend to pick your brains a little bit more :).

Oh and no Princess lovers here so we don't have to worry about that, however I do have one Jedi recruit hopeful. Will have to read up on how to get involved in that. Thanks again :)

No problem! (I'm bored at work and Disboards is so much more interesting!)

The restaurant at Sequoia Lodge is called Hunter's Grill.
I ate once at Agrabah Cafe, which has a Middle Eastern buffet, which I personaly liked, but if you have picky eaters maybe not the best selection.
I have friends rave about the buffet at Plaza Gardens, especially the desserts, but to me, it wasn't that special.

I have no idea how the Jedi Training works, although, last week, I did see during EMH already people lining up outside the theater. No idea about the popularity.

Other popular things with FP are Peter Pan, Indiana Jones and Buzz Lightyear. If you want to do Peter Pan (it's very similar to WDW and DL's version), check at what time Fantasyland closes and which rides are involved. Fantasyland closes earlier due to Disney Dreams and setting up the fireworks. Best time is early in the morning or right before close.

I would recommend for the parade the area in front of the Castle Stage, as it has the castle in the back and it's almost at the beginning of the parade.

Back to HP - yes you have the half hour slot to enter so if its 3.30-4pm you need to be in line during that half hour though I noticed people arriving late in their half hour so it was after their session when they actually got in - didn't seem to be a problem. We were a bit early but they waved us to join the queues to enter and we got in a bit before our time. Its designed to spread the crowds but if you arrive late I would let them know and I suspect they will let you just join the queue for hte next half hour slot. NB we spent from opening at I think 10am til 3pm there - there is a TON to look at.

As for DLP we enjoyed Agrabah Cafe and the choices seemed to us to include several not that different or spicy for picky eaters and was good value but if very picky eaters I can understand your wariness in advance. Not having visited peak time I defer to Karin1984 for all her good advice. If you can do a character meal for a better price a different day I would consider doing that as your Xmas treat even if not on Xmas Day - you are in Paris, at DL, for Xmas - just pinch yourself while there that this is real as you will look back at your memories and think wow.

No problem! (I'm bored at work and Disboards is so much more interesting!)

The restaurant at Sequoia Lodge is called Hunter's Grill.
I ate once at Agrabah Cafe, which has a Middle Eastern buffet, which I personaly liked, but if you have picky eaters maybe not the best selection.
I have friends rave about the buffet at Plaza Gardens, especially the desserts, but to me, it wasn't that special.

I have no idea how the Jedi Training works, although, last week, I did see during EMH already people lining up outside the theater. No idea about the popularity.

Other popular things with FP are Peter Pan, Indiana Jones and Buzz Lightyear. If you want to do Peter Pan (it's very similar to WDW and DL's version), check at what time Fantasyland closes and which rides are involved. Fantasyland closes earlier due to Disney Dreams and setting up the fireworks. Best time is early in the morning or right before close.

I would recommend for the parade the area in front of the Castle Stage, as it has the castle in the back and it's almost at the beginning of the parade.

Thanks for the tips! Sorry I haven't been back in awhile, I've been really busy with work and haven't had time to think. Then of course we had the Paris attacks and DLP closed down for 4 days, so that was a bit of a freak out :(.

I know that the Jedi training is very popular and hard to get into in the US parks, so I'm assuming it will be the same. I haven't talked it up to my youngest as I don't want him to get his hopes up, but we will definitely look into it when we are there.

I'm really looking forward to the parades, have been looking at lots of photos on the DLP website. Only 13 days till we leave and 27 days till we get to Disney! :Pinkbounc

Back to HP - yes you have the half hour slot to enter so if its 3.30-4pm you need to be in line during that half hour though I noticed people arriving late in their half hour so it was after their session when they actually got in - didn't seem to be a problem. We were a bit early but they waved us to join the queues to enter and we got in a bit before our time. Its designed to spread the crowds but if you arrive late I would let them know and I suspect they will let you just join the queue for hte next half hour slot. NB we spent from opening at I think 10am til 3pm there - there is a TON to look at.

As for DLP we enjoyed Agrabah Cafe and the choices seemed to us to include several not that different or spicy for picky eaters and was good value but if very picky eaters I can understand your wariness in advance. Not having visited peak time I defer to Karin1984 for all her good advice. If you can do a character meal for a better price a different day I would consider doing that as your Xmas treat even if not on Xmas Day - you are in Paris, at DL, for Xmas - just pinch yourself while there that this is real as you will look back at your memories and think wow.

Thanks Wendy! I really wanted to do HP from opening so we could spend the whole day, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way :(. I'm hoping we will still get to see everything with our afternoon arrival.

I'm not too stressed about booking meals - I've got Cafe Mickey for dinner on Christmas Eve and other then that, I think we will just play it by ear. I'm sure we will frequent Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe and the like and I don't think you can prebook those anyway. I'll keep reading the reviews and if anything really jumps out at me I will book it. I'd really like to have something planned for Christmas Day breakfast but other then that, we will just wing it.

Getting so excited now! My job is starting to wind down and I'm currently in the midst of handing over to my holiday replacement. As of Monday I'll be done and then I can really start to get ready! The kids have 6 days of school left then we are off in less then 2 weeks!!

1505099_10152582062242093_3061037255395986357_n.jpg 1970725_10152581963807093_5012005878109761141_n.jpg King Ludwigs, Innoventions and Walts are all our favs. We went last Christmas but early-mid December and it wasn't too bad. We watched the Parade and snowing on Main street from our window seat meal at Walts. The food was divine. (Pictures above are our view from Walts)
That's astounding the Christmas Eve price but the "normal" price for Innoventions is well worth it to me because in Paris if you want any Character photos don't expect to actually get anything without pushing and shoving as the CMs don't organise queues. So this way we get the Character photos and good quality food.

The "new" version of Disney Dreams is a big disappointment to the original version so we watched it half hearted with ten million kids thrust on shoulders as the clock struck show time. The projections aren't nearly as impressive.

We stayed at the Newport Bay Club last time and enjoyed having a drink there in their bar in the foyer area. It's actually quite relaxing when it's not too busy. Sequoia bar is a bit bigger but they are always full in the evenings.

We've never done Cafe Mickey but it seems to be ok. It's just past the security zone so at least you're in at that point.

Last edited:
I'm not too stressed about booking meals - I've got Cafe Mickey for dinner on Christmas Eve and other then that, I think we will just play it by ear. I'm sure we will frequent Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe and the like and I don't think you can prebook those anyway. I'll keep reading the reviews and if anything really jumps out at me I will book it. I'd really like to have something planned for Christmas Day breakfast but other then that, we will just wing it.
With Planet Hollywood. I'd advise popping into the restaurant at least day of and putting your name down for a time you can. We've done walk up for 2 and waited anything from 30mins-45mins. We've also dropped in at like 5 and put our name down for 7:30 or 8:30. It seems to be getting more popular with every visit. The earlier "kid friendly" times are busier but it doesn't get that much quieter even at 8 and 9pm as the Europeans eat late.

Thanks so much epcotcenter1982 :). King Ludwig's seems like a popular recommendation, so I'll definitely look into eating there. Thanks for the tip on Planet hollywood, I will see if we can prebook on arrival.

One week to go! This time next week we will be sleeping (hopefully) as we will be getting up in 6 hours to head to the airport :mickeyjum

Thanks so much epcotcenter1982 :). King Ludwig's seems like a popular recommendation, so I'll definitely look into eating there. Thanks for the tip on Planet hollywood, I will see if we can prebook on arrival.

One week to go! This time next week we will be sleeping (hopefully) as we will be getting up in 6 hours to head to the airport :mickeyjum

Not long to go now!

4 sleeps! And we've just got back from the afterhours gp - 14 year old has chicken pox! Perfect timing - grrrr :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter