• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long Island Disers!

If this means the end of Friendly's on LI, I will miss it. But who knows - Friendly's itself filed for bankruptcy a few years ago, came out of it. And it's kind of ironic - I get emails from them and I got one today, talking about the changes coming in 2015. I know I can buy the ice cream in my local Waldbaum's. I never went there for healthy food, I went there for junk, LOL.

I texted my GF this evening and let her know. Our families ate at the Patchogue location the night of the Patchogue Holiday parade (after the parade). She knew that it had closed, but she did tell me that the Sayville location is still open. I wonder if the Shirley location is still open. That restaurant has only been open for a few years (less than 5 IIRC).

I went past it tonight (the Patchogue store) on the way to dropping off DS12 for his confirmation class. It's so weird seeing it so dark. That has been there for as long as I can remember.

The one on Main Street/Montauk Hwy right next to the newly opened Popeye's? I thought I saw people in there a few days ago :confused3 Maybe it was longer than I thought.

They just closed in the last day or two

I texted my GF this evening and let her know. Our families ate at the Patchogue location the night of the Patchogue Holiday parade (after the parade). She knew that it had closed, but she did tell me that the Sayville location is still open. I wonder if the Shirley location is still open. That restaurant has only been open for a few years (less than 5 IIRC). I went past it tonight (the Patchogue store) on the way to dropping off DS12 for his confirmation class. It's so weird seeing it so dark. That has been there for as long as I can remember.

That one in Shirley kills me- it looks like a bottle of pepto bismol exploded in there- the manager of that one loves pink and every accessory in there is pink. The nicest one is hampton bays- they actually have a breakfast buffet in that one.

That one in Shirley kills me- it looks like a bottle of pepto bismol exploded in there- the manager of that one loves pink and every accessory in there is pink. The nicest one is hampton bays- they actually have a breakfast buffet in that one.

:rotfl: ITA! While I loved the 1980's (they were my teenage years), there were some things that I didn't like back then and that was mostly the décor. That location looked like it stepped back in time to the 80's. Kind of reminds me of the Radio Shack commercial, "The 80's called and they want their store back!" lol

Hows everyone storm prep going?

We have salt and shovels.

I am having the ds pick up some stuff on the way home from their friends.

Just hope we dont get in one of those 36 inch pockets.

Hows everyone storm prep going?

We have salt and shovels.

I am having the ds pick up some stuff on the way home from their friends.

Just hope we dont get in one of those 36 inch pockets.

I have a neighbor with a snow blower LOL. I am SUPPOSED to be going to work but I think I am feeling like I am coming down with "snowitis"

I'm do not ready for snow. I left work on Friday without a clue about thus storm. I'm hoping to tomorrow morning will be fine and everyone shows up. Figure Tuesday will be a snow day.

shovels; check
snow blower; check
generator; check gas for generator...hmmm, better ask my other half about that!
hot chocolate; check

We're good!

Ready or not, it's coming anyway. Just putting it out there; if you have an elderly neighbor and you can, give a call and check on them! :angel:

This week's Regents exams, as well as a fear that this one storm will swallow up all the snow days in the calendar, are keeping schools open today.

My 2 older kids don't get a bus, we've got to be about 10 inches shy of the required distance, since it's quite a walk. And my private school, and my husband's are both open.

So I'm a bit concerned, hoping they'll find a friend whose parents will drive them home. (The adamantly do NOT want to wait until one of us can pick them up at school, knowing it may be quite some time before we can get there.)

And I don't want to keep them home if school is open; I'm pulling my son out (first time EVER!!!) on Friday to look at a college in Philly.

It will be a nerve wracking day until I know they're home safe. I'm fully expecting both my husband and I to have a long drive home, since I expect lots of businesses to close early, just at about the time we're getting out. But as long as my kids aren't stuck in a snowbank, I can drive slowly and not worry.

Oh, one final word of advice I'm giving all my classes today: make Sure you go to the bathroom before you leave school!!!! It may be a LONG ride home!!!( Again, we're not a neighborhood school. Some of my kids have a 45-60 minute drive on a good day.)

Stay safe, everyone. Oh, and if you haven't already done so, remember to fill up your gas tank. Your car will be heavier in the snow, and remember those gas lines after Sandy when stations didn't have power????

DS12 is upset that I woke him up to get ready for school :laughing:. He was hoping it was snowing and have a day off! Sorry kiddo. Not today! Nothing says that he won't be dismissed early if it gets really bad before his regular dismissal time.

Funny how your view point changes from when you are a kid to when you are an adult. As a kid, you look forward to school being closed b/c of snow. As an adult that changes. At least for me it has. Now I'm more concerned about DS losing his 5 day Memorial Weekend (making it a regular 3 day weekend) and maybe even lose days from his Spring vacation for snow make up days. Doesn't help when trying to make plans to go away during the school breaks.

We don't have a snow blower so we have to shovel our way out :headache: And with 2-3 feet of snow coming, I'm not looking forward to it! Snow blowers are a few hundred bucks and we can't afford one right now. But I sure wish we had one!

DS12 is upset that I woke him up to get ready for school :laughing:. He was hoping it was snowing and have a day off! Sorry kiddo. Not today! Nothing says that he won't be dismissed early if it gets really bad before his regular dismissal time.

Funny how your view point changes from when you are a kid to when you are an adult. As a kid, you look forward to school being closed b/c of snow. As an adult that changes. At least for me it has. Now I'm more concerned about DS losing his 5 day Memorial Weekend (making it a regular 3 day weekend) and maybe even lose days from his Spring vacation for snow make up days. Doesn't help when trying to make plans to go away during the school breaks.

We don't have a snow blower so we have to shovel our way out :headache: And with 2-3 feet of snow coming, I'm not looking forward to it! Snow blowers are a few hundred bucks and we can't afford one right now. But I sure wish we had one!

Lindenhurst already announced they are closing early- our district usually follows what lindy does so expecting that call anytime now. My daughter didn't have school today or Wednesday this week- she had a midterm tomorrow and Thursday to go in for but just for an hour and a half otherwise no school this week for the high school.
Its already snowing outside, I just pulled all the cars into the driveway since by the time I get home from work that won't be possible. If anyone takes the LIRR be aware they will most likely be shutting down before evening rush so there will be no way home!

Lindenhurst already announced they are closing early- our district usually follows what lindy does so expecting that call anytime now. My daughter didn't have school today or Wednesday this week- she had a midterm tomorrow and Thursday to go in for but just for an hour and a half otherwise no school this week for the high school.
Its already snowing outside, I just pulled all the cars into the driveway since by the time I get home from work that won't be possible. If anyone takes the LIRR be aware they will most likely be shutting down before evening rush so there will be no way home!

Also just saw on News12 that the officials are talking about closing the LIE; no details yet.

I got the call already from the district. DS is in middle school so they are being dismissed at 12:30 and the whole district is closed tomorrow. He's going to be very happy about being off tomorrow.

If you're at work in Manhattan, I'd try to leave ASAP.

I'd also bet that no schools will be open tomorrow, they just announced NYC schools are closed; Regents exams have been rescheduled.

Good side of unemployment - I didn't have to think about going to work today.

All Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk) roads will be closed at 11 PM tonight. A few million people will be home bound. Stay Safe and Stay Warm.

Well my one ds was driving back in from his friends in Mass. where he stayed for the week end.

He said the LIE is a mess and it took him 30 minutes to go 3 exits. We doubt he would even get home tonight and our neighborhood takes a long while to get plowed anyway.

He has already given up trying to even get home and is staying at his fri:hourglassends in Farmingdale.

Told him we would see him in a few days. I told him get some gas and food asap.

I actually told him to leave Mass. last night but of course I know nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter