Long Island Disers!

I am so ready for winter to be over. I can't believe how heavy the snow is coming down now. There was nothing at 5:45 when i got the call let us know school was closed.

I've just about had it! We're in the middle of a whole house renovation. We were told eight weeks, we figured 12 and now it's been 20 weeks with no end in sight. Today we get a call from the contractor. Swezey was supposed to make an oil delivery yesterday so they could work on the heating system. For whatever reason, it wasn't delivered, but they ran the heat anyway! Lo and behold, now they have to take the burner apart and clean out the pipes. As they were doing this, they said they discovered rust and clogged parts that look like Swezey has never serviced. I have them coming today to take a look at it. Any suggestions for where to get a new burner should we need one? I just don't know who to trust anymore. We've been nickel and dimed from the start with this contractor. What a nightmare!

I feel your pain! My daughter hit her head while in her driver's ed car on Saturday (her friend was driving, got stuck in a snowbank and jolted her when trying to correct her course.) She's had on and off headaches since, not terrible, but still I'm worried. Her doctor cleared her for school, since she has no other symptoms, but I wish I hadn't sent her today, she's exhausted and still head-achey. Probably won't send her tomorrow. They just miss so much work when they stay home (She's a junior.) Do you find Motrin or tylenol helps better, because neither has helped my daughter much at all:( Hope your son feels better!

I hope your DD feels better. DS is mostly been taking Motrin as Tylenol never really worked for him. However, I have also given him Excedrin. He still complaining of having a headache, but it's significantly less now than it was last Sunday and this past Monday. His doctor has ordered an MRI to be done, which he has scheduled for Sunday. She's pretty sure it won't show anything. He's on 1/2 days this week and back to full days on the 9th. The doctor did give the authorization for the school to give him Motrin during the school day if he needs it. Beats me having to drive down to give it to him.

I hope your DD feels better. DS is mostly been taking Motrin as Tylenol never really worked for him. However, I have also given him Excedrin. He still complaining of having a headache, but it's significantly less now than it was last Sunday and this past Monday. His doctor has ordered an MRI to be done, which he has scheduled for Sunday. She's pretty sure it won't show anything. He's on 1/2 days this week and back to full days on the 9th. The doctor did give the authorization for the school to give him Motrin during the school day if he needs it. Beats me having to drive down to give it to him.

She's getting better each day, thanks, not needing to rest as often as when it first happened. Glad you DS is improving:) This is my first experience with a concussion with three kids, and she is the only one who doesn't play sports! Maybe we'll try Excedrin, Tylenol is helping a bit better now, but I think her headaches aren't as strong as at first. Good luck with the MRI.

She's getting better each day, thanks, not needing to rest as often as when it first happened. Glad you DS is improving:) This is my first experience with a concussion with three kids, and she is the only one who doesn't play sports! Maybe we'll try Excedrin, Tylenol is helping a bit better now, but I think her headaches aren't as strong as at first. Good luck with the MRI.

Thanks. This is the first time I'm dealing with this for DS. I had one back in my 20's and the only thing I remember was the pain. I don't remember how long it took before I was ok.

Well does anyone know of any good garage door companys in Central Brookhaven? Ours was frozen and ds accidently tried to force it open and broke it. Dh thinks we should wait to the spring. I dont know because I dont think we can open it now, sigh.

Did anyone hear yet if their school district will be making up snow days during Easter break? I was just wondering if they were, wouldn't they have let everyone know already?

Did anyone hear yet if their school district will be making up snow days during Easter break? I was just wondering if they were, wouldn't they have let everyone know already?

Ours is making up a day on Friday, April 10. There is a letter on the district website and they sent a connect-ed call.

We lost our 5 day memorial day break- now only get the Monday of memorial day off, originally we had Thurs, Fri,Sat,Sun and Mon.

We lost our 5 day memorial day break- now only get the Monday of memorial day off, originally we had Thurs, Fri,Sat,Sun and Mon.
We also had a five day weekend. We originally had that Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Lost that Friday and Tuesday and now the Friday after Easter. If we have to take any more, we lose Thursday, then Wednesday and so on and so forth of the break.

We also had a five day weekend. We originally had that Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Lost that Friday and Tuesday and now the Friday after Easter. If we have to take any more, we lose Thursday, then Wednesday and so on and so forth of the break.

Last year we lost the Friday after Easter- and about 20% of the kids actually went to school that day, it was a real waste.

We also lost our 5 day Memorial weekend. It's just a regular 3 day weekend now. In addition to that, we just lost April 10th b/c of last Thursday. On the bright side of things, the snow is FINALLY melting! All we have seen since the end of January is white and dirty snow. I was beginning to forget what grass looked like :D

We haven't lost any days yet. According to DS15, Thursday was the last snow day built into the regular calendar.

We were only scheduled for a 3-day Memorial weekend. No extra days off this year.

The make-up snow day on the calendar is June 26th. Silly because not too many show up to the last day of school in the younger grades k-6, forget about middle and high school since tests will be over!

I was just looking at our school website and noticed that we have two Spring Breaks next year. (And yes, our calendar actually DOES say Spring Break for both.) One in March for Easter. It's a five day weekend and then a Spring Break at the end of April. I don't remember ever having it scheduled like that before.

I was just looking at our school website and noticed that we have two Spring Breaks next year. (And yes, our calendar actually DOES say Spring Break for both.) One in March for Easter. It's a five day weekend and then a Spring Break at the end of April. I don't remember ever having it scheduled like that before.

It's for Passover which is April 22-30 in 2016.

Anyone have the ice cream man coming by yet? Ours was here twice already and I dont think he stopped, so no business. I guess its just too cold and I dont think the kids here are off for spring break until next week. I think he is wasting alot of gas right now.

Anyone think the economy is good here? Ds1 is still looking for a job in marketing and his friend is looking for a job in athletic training, not a personal trainer. I cant imagine when all the new college graduates flood the market soon.

I have heard the ice cream truck on my block as well. Crazy since it is so cold.
My girls were supposed to start soccer March 22 but that game got pushed to June 14th. They were supposed to have a game last saturday but it was cancelled- don't know when it will be rescheduled for. I hope it warms up before they actually start the games outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter