London / Paris Here We Come!!! 9/2 - 9/10/11

Just to let you know that the weather is really changeable here at the moment. It was tipping down with rain this morning, and this afternoon it is fairly sunny!

Are you planning to take a carryon that includes clothes, just in case, or just your "personal" carryon?

Absolutely! As others have stated, it's always a good idea to have all your must have essentials, like prescription medication, with you. But I tend to pack all my underwear in my carry-on, as well as a couple changes of clothing.

I have a tip for all the couples going, something I observed from my mom packing for trips years ago. Mom would pack 1/2 her clothes and 1/2 my father's clothes in one bag, and then another 1/2 and 1/2 in a second bag. That way, if one bag is lost, both people have at least enough clothing to hopefully cover the time needed to locate the bag. And she did pack a change of clothing and underwear in a carry-on, as well.

I have a tip for all the couples going, something I observed from my mom packing for trips years ago. Mom would pack 1/2 her clothes and 1/2 my father's clothes in one bag, and then another 1/2 and 1/2 in a second bag. That way, if one bag is lost, both people have at least enough clothing to hopefully cover the time needed to locate the bag. And she did pack a change of clothing and underwear in a carry-on, as well.

John and I do this exact thing.:thumbsup2

Well, got the kids off to school so now I can focus on the trip! Did some last minute shopping today, took care of the haircut and pedicure, got my verizon phone in the mail (not I just have to figure it out), and picked up more pounds and euros.

Tobi and Cynthia, hope you are feeling better! Cynthia, are you flying out of Columbus? We are flying out on Wed, but on United. I'll be in chat tonight, but late (curriculum night at school).

Go away quickly, Irene!

Laurie

To all of the East Coast friend and travelers --- Hurricane Irene :scared1: is looking very scary . Be safe,,,
... John and I are "supposed " :confused3 to leave Newark NJ at 10:15 pm on SUNDAY for London :scared1:
If anyone has any extra pixy dust :wizard: to spare ..could you sprinkle it on Irene to make it GO AWAY !!
John will be monitoring it all :surfweb: over the next few days.

Newark is cancelling flights in on Saturday. Our daughter and our 7 year old grandson are in WDW now and they can't come home on Sat ... we are trying to extend their stay now. :confused3 .. This is crazy stuff. I guess if I had to be 'stuck' someplace ...WDW is the Place I would want to be.. but the kid is starting to miss is mommy, daddy and little brother:sad2: Oh to be 7 again ;) ..

Be safe Micki

To all of the East Coast friend and travelers --- Hurricane Irene :scared1: is looking very scary . Be safe,,,
... John and I are "supposed " :confused3 to leave Newark NJ at 10:15 pm on SUNDAY for London :scared1:
If anyone has any extra pixy dust :wizard: to spare ..could you sprinkle it on Irene to make it GO AWAY !!
John will be monitoring it all :surfweb: over the next few days.

Newark is cancelling flights in on Saturday. Our daughter and our 7 year old grandson are in WDW now and they can't come home on Sat ... we are trying to extend their stay now. :confused3 .. This is crazy stuff. I guess if I had to be 'stuck' someplace ...WDW is the Place I would want to be.. but the kid is starting to miss is mommy, daddy and little brother:sad2: Oh to be 7 again ;) ..

Be safe Micki
I'm flying to Toronto on Saturday, and then from there to London. I sure hope this doesn't mess up everything. But I am going kinda early... I'd just rather get there!

Sayhello

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the Chancery Court Hotel in London has an absolutely amazing spa. It's in the basement level ("lower ground floor" in British English), but it is extremely luxurious, and beautifully designed. I'm a spa junkie, and this still ranks as one of one of my all-time favorites. (I used to live in London, and went to the Chancery Court spa fairly often.)

The hotel is also within walking distance of the British Museum. Personally, I think the British Museum is overrated. The big Egyptian stuff is cool, and the Rosetta Stone is a must-see, but it gets a little tired pretty fast for me. My personal favorite London museums are: The Victoria and Albert (So much incredibly cool stuff. The plaster cast courtyard alone is jaw-dropping.) and The Wallace Collection (First-class art collection, and incredible over-the-top decor.)

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the Chancery Court Hotel in London has an absolutely amazing spa. It's in the basement level ("lower ground floor" in British English), but it is extremely luxurious, and beautifully designed. I'm a spa junkie, and this still ranks as one of one of my all-time favorites. (I used to live in London, and went to the Chancery Court spa fairly often.)

The hotel is also within walking distance of the British Museum. Personally, I think the British Museum is overrated. The big Egyptian stuff is cool, and the Rosetta Stone is a must-see, but it gets a little tired pretty fast for me. My personal favorite London museums are: The Victoria and Albert (So much incredibly cool stuff. The plaster cast courtyard alone is jaw-dropping.) and The Wallace Collection (First-class art collection, and incredible over-the-top decor.)

Hey Chris!!

Do you have any cool new shirts? Hope you're well and having fun travels.

Thanks for the notes. We have so little time that I relish all the tips on how to best spend my moments!

I can't believe that we have people leaving tomorrow for London! This trip is actually happening! It's been a long time coming.

Pete, Walter, Tobi, and whoever else is leaving this weekend...have a GREAT flight, stay safe, and we will see you in London!! :banana::banana:

5 DAYS!!!!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Bon voyage to our travelers! Wishing everyone smooth journeys and much fun upon arrival.

I was relieved to learn on the Alaskan cruise podcast that Pete also has height/bridge issues. Maybe I won't be the only one having a panic attack on the Millennium Bridge and the London Eye!:scared1:

Laurie

Thanks, everyone! Just keep good thoughts that Irene doesn't cause enough problems to affect my flight through Toronto.

Pete & Walter, I don't know where you are flying through, but I hope you have a safe flight!

Sayhello

I was relieved to learn on the Alaskan cruise podcast that Pete also has height/bridge issues. Maybe I won't be the only one having a panic attack on the Millennium Bridge and the London Eye!:scared1:

Laurie
I'm fine as long as the surface is solid. If I can see down between my feet, forget about it!!! :eek: (Seriously! I have problems walking over sidewalk grates!!!!)

We'll all do it together! Remember! Walk backwards! ;)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter