London / Paris Here We Come!!! 9/2 - 9/10/11

If anyone wants a fun way to brush up on their British history (although they cover all areas of history) you should check out Horrible Histories - search on you tube for it.

We watched this one over and over :rotfl2:

When I was growing up they did the books for this series and recently they have made it into a kids show. It consists of lots of sketches about different ages in time including the Vile Victorians, the Rotten Romans, the Measly Middle Ages and tons more. It reminds me of Monthy Python as well as being educational :thumbsup2

:rotfl:My kids thought this was hysterical!:rotfl:

It looks like my closet exploded on my bed - starting the packing process to make sure there's nothing more I need to shop for!

Laurie

It looks like my closet exploded on my bed - starting the packing process to make sure there's nothing more I need to shop for!

Laurie

that's my plan for today. I think I've finished shopping but need to make sure. One weekend left for shopping prior to departure...

Laurie

that's my plan for today. I think I've finished shopping but need to make sure. One weekend left for shopping prior to departure...

Great minds think alike! We are working on packing too.....

Also, I started a thread for Buckingham Palace so we can figure out our plan!

if we get 8, we can save even more: http://www.paris-tours.net/?event=offer.detail&offerid=5453 has the full van at $685 (that's $85 for the mathematically challenged).

Oh, and yeah, if you say you want to join us, i'll pay for the tix in advance. Not only do i trust you all to pay me back at some point, but i will know where you are sleeping for 10 days ... ;)

james

James,

Add two more. Micki & I would like to join to fun. I also remember that same ABD Back Stage Magic group breaking the Space Mountain ride that same night. Just saying.

John

Laurie

Great minds think alike! We are working on packing too.....

Also, I started a thread for Buckingham Palace so we can figure out our plan!

It looks like we are all doing the same thing today. We have everything pulled out all over the bed and the couch. I think we have everything. Still trying to decide on shoes. :upsidedow

301830_1936248282030_1117025522_31714399_190991_n.jpg

I am now ready to claim France in the name of the USA. Because, all you need is a flag, right?

If anyone wants a fun way to brush up on their British history (although they cover all areas of history) you should check out Horrible Histories - search on you tube for it.

We watched this one over and over :rotfl2:

When I was growing up they did the books for this series and recently they have made it into a kids show. It consists of lots of sketches about different ages in time including the Vile Victorians, the Rotten Romans, the Measly Middle Ages and tons more. It reminds me of Monthy Python as well as being educational :thumbsup2

Loads of the children I worked with could recite the Charles II rap, which I think is just fantastic! Really brings history alive!

It looks like we are all doing the same thing today. We have everything pulled out all over the bed and the couch. I think we have everything. Still trying to decide on shoes. :upsidedow
I actually spent most of today at a bridal show with a friend of mine who's getting married next year. Denial is not just a river in Egypt! ;)

Sayhello

We ordered our TravelPro duffels bags way back when and I thought "My God they are huge". Now I started to pack and I realize that they are not that big:confused3

301830_1936248282030_1117025522_31714399_190991_n.jpg

I am now ready to claim France in the name of the USA. Because, all you need is a flag, right?

There is an Eddie Izzard sketch about just needing a flag, very funny!

This is my country!!... Do you have a flag? :rotfl:

Question:

We have the option of going with our friends to Windsor Castle and Windsor Town from the airport once we arrive, or going to the hotel first to freshen up, then do a number of neat things in London with them. We leave here at 3:30pm, fly to New York, 3 hr layover, then head to London, arriving at about 9:30am their time. Not including getting to the airport early initially, that will be like, 13 hrs of traveling, I think.

Which option would you choose?

:thumbsup2 Kate, I was in tears watching that sketch.

&

Doing the Single Digit Dance!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
I've been down to single digits for a while!!! :eek: I've got 5 days!!!!!! OMG, I AM NOT READY!!!

Question:

We have the option of going with our friends to Windsor Castle and Windsor Town from the airport once we arrive, or going to the hotel first to freshen up, then do a number of neat things in London with them. We leave here at 3:30pm, fly to New York, 3 hr layover, then head to London, arriving at about 9:30am their time. Not including getting to the airport early initially, that will be like, 13 hrs of traveling, I think.

Personally, I'd choose the going to the hotel first to freshen up & then doing the cool stuff around London. You're going to want to freshen up (but try NOT to take a long nap! You'll adjust better if you don't).

You'd also have the option that, if you do poop out during the day, you'll be closer to the hotel, rather than having an hour's drive to get back to London.

Sayhello

Question:

From my experience going forward 5 hours is much worse than going back 5 hours. I personally wouldn't want to push myself too much on the first day. I am pretty sure you are going to be tired and will need a rest.

On the other hand, most hotels won't let you check in until after 3pm, so maybe it is best that you just work it out and keep on going!

Sorry, I'm not much help! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter