Liz & Lorne's DIY Memories Wedding 8/7/11 *UP-dated: Hats, Shoes, flowers and more!!*

Good Luck with the job hunting!!! Pixie Dust your way!! pixiedust:

Nice time-line for your projects, that way you don't get overwhelmed! I can't wait to see how they all turn out!! You are so creative!! :goodvibes

I am so happy to have found your PJ, we are having our wedding the Saturday before yours at luau cove !
I am so lacking in the creativity department though..... I am feeling quite unprepared now , lol !

I love your PJ. The Up/Vintage Disney theme is so lovely and all your crafty ideas are really inspiring. I can't wait to hear more details.

More to come! I've just been way busy. . . check out my next post for details!

Good Luck with the job hunting!!! Pixie Dust your way!! pixiedust:

Nice time-line for your projects, that way you don't get overwhelmed! I can't wait to see how they all turn out!! You are so creative!! :goodvibes

I have some great job news. . . .check below!!

I am so happy to have found your PJ, we are having our wedding the Saturday before yours at luau cove !
I am so lacking in the creativity department though..... I am feeling quite unprepared now , lol !

I'm just an ober planner. I feel better planning every aspect. Then on the day just letting things fall in place!

Ok. . . . now that I've caught up with all of you. . . .Check out my next post I'm giving the title: "Holy Crap, You gotta love Retail!!":rotfl:

I'm going to try a new way of posting . . . I'll make bulleted points with details to follow!

Here we go!

Just to remind you of my details:

Wedding Date: August 7, 2011
Wedding Location: the Polynesian's Luau Beach
Planner: Vita
Theme: Pixar "Up"/Vintage Disney
Officiant: Teresa Knox
After Ceremony Photography: Randy Chapman the day of the wedding
A bridal shoot the next day at DHS
Wedding Dinner: Chef Mickey's!! (This reminds me I have to order my
cake. . .will add to my list:eek:)
Current DIY Project(s): Bridal Jewelry and Ballon Wreath
In this issue: Job Hunting, Future Discounts, DIY fun!

Job Hunting:

So, the last time I posted I said how my Store manager had been fired. As with any lost of a manager in a retail store, our store has been chaotic! We've had other managers coming from the other store in the area. The staff is feeling like they are treating us like the bad stepchild or black sheep! :laughing:

They just do things different. I feel the crunch too. Everyday, something changes and almost every day, I'm left in the dark. As a supervisor, it's been a pain not being in the loop. Furthermore, while the other store is trying to help out, the just come in our store, don't introduce themselves to the team and sit in the office during their MOD (Manager on Duty) shift.

I come in at 3pm some days to find people haven't had breaks, registers are not ready to go, and the store is a mess. I'm the one who ends up having to clean it all up!:headache:

So, when our acting manager from the other store came in, I told him had been thinking of stepping down to part time. I told him I had would give a two week notice before so they could find my replacement. Then, I started job hunting!

I was going to take a pay cut at me current job to step down and was just wondering what other job options were out there. While I am in part stepping down because of the stress, I'm also going part time because I have an etsy site that is making money when I have the time to make things to put on the site. I need at least one more day a week free to get it going.

Also, with my fiance's new job. . . we can afford to do this. I can't wait!

In the next section. . . my job hunting results!

Future Discounts!:

Ok, so being a Disney nut, of course I checked out the largest employer in the Orlando area. . .WDW!:yay:

And guess what, they are hiring!! I filled out an online application for a Photopass photographer. I didn't know if I'd get an interview. But, low and behold, a few days later, an email from Disney Careers!

So, on Tuesday, I went to the Casting center. I was nervous! When you walk into the Casting Center the first thing I noticed, the door knobs where the molded like the talking doorknobs in Alice in Wonderland! I love Disney Details!

Then you walk into the lobby and up a ramp. Ok, maybe ramp is a little understatement. This ramp to the check in area is LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG! I felt like I was going down the hallway to see the one and only Great OZ! It was very impressive: there are murals containing many characters depicted on the walls, the sunlight flooded in from the windows above, and when you get to the second floor, there is a replica of Cinderella's castle behind the desk . . .now my nerves were in overdrive!

I checked in for my appointment, filled out some paperwork and was told to take a seat while I waited for my interview. In the waiting area, they play a video telling you about working for Disney and all the benefits and discounts. It was interesting the first time. But, by the third loop, I was just ready to go!!

Finally, I was called. I was interviewed by a CM named Stephanie. On our walk to her office, she asked if I had ever interviewed here before. I said no. Then she asked if I had ever been to WDW. I tried not to laugh and said yes. Then I interjected that I was currently planning my Disney wedding! Then we got talking about where, when, etc. It helped calm me down!

When we got to her office, we had to go over some paper details and resume details. She then informed me that there were no Photopass positions available currently. :( But:confused3 she did have some merchandise positions available. Um. . .ok. . . it was less pay but the DISCOUNTS would make it all worth it! :cool1: Mind you I had only been in the office about ten minutes! She offered me a position in merchandise at Blizzard Beach! That means I wouldn't have to be there before 6am and I would not have to work later than 10pm! That's better than my hours now!

I was so shocked how quick it happened! I'm going to be a CAST MEMBER at DISNEY WORLD!! :banana::cool1::banana:

She began to talk about discounts and getting into parks free and my head was spinning! I'll not only be able to get a discounted hotel room for our wedding weekend, I'll be able to get discounted food, a discounted hotel for our honeymoon at DL, and I'll be able to buy Disney Merchandise at a discount!:woohoo:

I don't qualify for a DFTW discount but all the other savings are going to be great!:yay:

Plus, I got a call later that day for another part time position at a retail store. If I get that job, I'll be able to get my PTO (almost two weeks of pay) paid out to me for my current job! I go to that interview tomorrow morning!!

I can't believe how I've gone from job chaos to job happiness! :love:

I know this isn't totally wedding related but it has helped relieve some of my wedding stress! So, I thought I would share!!

DIY Fun!:

On to my ongoing DIY projects. I almost have my necklace done. I'll be working on it for the next few days and should finish before my deadline of April 1st! Yay. . .I'm on schedule!! I'll post pics once it is done.

I also am getting started on my balloon wreath. A co-worker gave me a huge bag of balloons to use for free!! so now I just have to get the straw wreath.

Next issue: My necklace, my honeymoon and more!

Congratulations on your new job at Disney!!!!! I'm a merchandise CM also and really love it! I'm seasonal so I am not always there but when I am it's magic! PM me if you have any questions. I've been a CM since 2007 so any ?'s you have I have probably already gone through myself!

yay for the new job :) i don't know where else you're interviewing... but stay far away from dillard's. just sayin :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Love your PJ so far! Good luck with the job, I do merch on main street at mk.:upsidedow

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!! I am a cast member at my Disney Store in MA and I have to say that the discounts do help when planning a Disney wedding :goodvibes:rotfl: I hope you love it! :)

I just found your PJ and I love it! I think your proposal story may be the best one I have ever heard. What an amazing DF!

I'm also a big scrapbooker, so I can totally relate :thumbsup2 Though I wish I was as creative and crafty as you... I want to come up with cool ideas and make stuff for my wedding, but I'm just not creative enough to figure out what to do!

And congratulations on your job! That is amazing. It was always my dream to work at Disney, but since I live in PA and DF is now going to have a full time job up here I don't think it will ever happen. But congrats again!!

Congrats on the new job!!! And good luck with your next interview!! How great you will get discounts like that!:thumbsup2 Im definitely jealous!

Cant wait to read more and hear all about your first day, etc!

Congratulations on the new job! I hope you love it!! :cool1:

That sounds like such an exciting new job! Congrats!

Congratulations on your new job at Disney!!!!!

yay for the new job :)

OMG YAY!! :woohoo:

How jealous am I that you get to be a CM!?!? :) Congrats sooo much!!!

Love your PJ so far! Good luck with the job, I do merch on main street at mk.:upsidedow

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!!

Congrats on the job!! That sounds amazing!!!

Congrats on the new job!!!

Thanks guys!!:goodvibes

More good news: I had an interview yesterday at Vera Bradley and they called yesterday afternoon to say I'll be foregoing the second interview. I got that job too!!

Now, with two part time jobs, I'll be able to be less stressed and focus on my etsy site!! I'm so psyched!:cool1:

I just found your PJ and I love it! I think your proposal story may be the best one I have ever heard. What an amazing DF!

I'm also a big scrapbooker, so I can totally relate :thumbsup2 Though I wish I was as creative and crafty as you... I want to come up with cool ideas and make stuff for my wedding, but I'm just not creative enough to figure out what to do!

I love crafting and scrapbooking is my passion. I really hope to do professional/custom scrapbooking as my main source of income someday. But, I'm taking baby steps!

Now, I have to give my two weeks notice at my current job!:eek: We currently don't have a store manager, but we will have one starting Tuesday. Hmmm. . . that might be akward: "Hi, nice to meet you! Here's my two weeks notice!" :laughing: Well it shouldn't be too much of a suprise, I've been talking to my District manager about stepping down so they were planning on having my position open anyways!

It's going to be a busy two weeks: I have my Disney background check on thursday and I start training for Vera Bradley on Saturday! Plus, I need to go for a drug test for Vera Bradley sometime in between there and still go to my current job to get ready for our new store manager (cleaning and prepping the store!)! Oh well! I'll be a CM soon! ;)

I LOVE your DIY projects! I remember your theme from the other thread, but oh my word, your projects! You are so freaking creative! I would totally hire you to do weddings/parties.

Also, I am loving how your job situation turned around. :cool1: Totally great. Well, obviously we all love Disney :goodvibes but I also adore Vera Bradley! It's the two best places to work for, in my opinion! I admit, I sent your thread to my DIS friends and was like - look, she ALSO works for Vera! :lmao:

Keep updating us!

I've really enjoyed reading all the details you've shared! I was looking for info on doing our 10 year vow renewal and landed here. (It might not be in the cards for us since we just decided to adopt again. Cha-ching!) Anyway I read somewhere that your photog was charging $350. I think he has a "special" of $250 with the memories pkg. Found this ad when I was inhaling all the info I could find. http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/p/disney-wedding-sales-specials.html So good luck with the wedding and the new jobs!

Ok. . .here are my details:

Wedding Date: August 7, 2011
Wedding Location: the Polynesian's Luau Beach
Planner: Vita
Theme: Pixar "Up"/Vintage Disney
Officiant: Teresa Knox
After Ceremony Photography: Randy Chapman the day of the wedding
A bridal shoot the next day at DHS
Wedding Dinner: Chef Mickey's!! Still have to call the Cake Hotline for Cake details!
Current DIY Project(s): Touch up Button Bouquet, Start the Boutineer, Reception Invitiations, Ellie Badges, and a few SWW items. . .:scared1:
In this issue: Two Jobs, Two Cars, Too Many Discounts (no such thing), Too Much To Do

Two Jobs

Ok, so I know I haven't posted in a long time. But, I have my reasons: two new jobs! As stated before, I left my full time Supervisor position for a part time job so I could focus more on my Etsy site (what I really like to do!). Well, in that process, I actually found two part time jobs: one at Vera Bradley and one as a CM at Blizzard Beach Merchandise. Both jobs together, I'll actually only be working about 25-30 hours so still would have one more day for working on my Etsy items. And, that where I finally am.

However, the last few weeks have been crazy:eek:! I have been training at both jobs, working more at Vera then originally planned and still training there too! Well, this week, I finally have that extra day off! So, now I can focus on everything I had put on the back burner. . . like getting a second car!

Two Cars

After leaving my old job, I had holiday and time off that was paid out to me. The plan was to use that money to buy us a second car. We had been sharing one car and all the driving between our two jobs and my job at Disney, it's been one big mess.

We had cash in hand and just could never seem to find the right car for the right price. Until today!! We found a girl who was a CM and her visa has expired and she needs to move back to Columbia. She needed to get rid of her car fast and we were the lucky ones to help her with that. So, after three plus weeks of looking, we officially have two cars. Now, we don't have to waste as much time chauffering! I am so happy about this.:cool1:

Too Many Discounts

Ok, just a clarification, there can never be too many discounts. But the title fit the whole too/two theme! :laughing:

Ok, as a new CM (I'm really only working there one day a week) I have been exploring all my discounts and using them every chance I get. It has really helped with a lot of wedding costs! I rebooked our Wedding weekend resort reservation. We were going to stay at Pop Century and possibly upgrade to a Mod at some point. Well now, we are adding a night for three nights total and are upgrading to POR - our favorite resort! And, it's costing us just a little more then our two nights at POP!:woohoo:

Next discount, our photo shoot. I contacted our wedding planner, Vita, and asked her about any possible CM discounts thinking I wouldn't qualify. I was wrong. We are getting 10% off our DHS Photo Shoot! It's only a little bit but every cent counts. Plus, we will probably be able to get discounts on our dining at Chef Mickeys and maybe on our cake (Vita wasn't sure of those two. . so if anyone knows, just post the details please).

Plus, I booked our Honeymoon stay for after the D23 expo for five nights at the Grand Californian for $1560! We didn't think we could stay at the Grand Californian but now we will. Plus, I won't need any tickets for Disneyland since I am a CM. My fiance has two one day park hopper ticket vouchers from a co-worker and I will have two more vouchers for him so he won't need any park tickets either! I am sooooo pumped about saving.

We even booked a stay for the upcoming first SWW! I love my Disney discounts.

Too Much to Do!

Ok, so I am almost caught up on my DYI projects.

Here are the last two I finished:

1. My Wedding jewelery:
2011-04-25113237_edit0.jpg

My necklace, bracelet and earring set. Can you see any hidden Mickeys?

2011-04-25113345_edit0.jpg

Here one pink hidden Mickey bead! The bead looks peach but it is actually pink.

2011-04-25113249_edit0.jpg

Here's another one I moved from another bracelet!

2. My balloon wreath, it's actually done as of tonight but this is the most recent picture I have.

2011-05-02113013.jpg

2011-05-02113027.jpg

I will be working on my reception invitiatons. . .I'm keeping them quiet since I thought of a unique idea and want it to be a suprise. I will be adding to my bouquet, starting the boutineer, start the Ellie badges and making my wedding mickey ears.

I'm still busy, but I love this stuff!

Well until next time. . .sorry I hadn't posted in a while and sorry this is so long!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter