Liz & Lorne's DIY Memories Wedding 8/7/11 *UP-dated: Hats, Shoes, flowers and more!!*

Love your projects! The jewelry is just beautiful, and the balloon wreath is so fun! Do you know where you're going to put it? Now I am very intrigued to find out about those invitations ;)

I just wanted to let you know that your proposal story is the best one I've ever heard, I actually started crying as I kept scrolling down and there were so many more signatures!! What a sweet and thoughtful guy you have, I'm very jealous! :laughing: Also, your jewelry is amazing, I would never be able to create something like that in a million years, and UP is my favorite Pixar movie so I am in love with all of your themed items! I will be at Disney the same time as your wedding, I hope you have a very magical day :wizard:

Just joining in a little late and wanted to tell you how much I love your projects and dress choice. :goodvibes

I love all of your updates. You are so creative. :wizard:

We are staying at the Grand Californian for the first time in December and can't wait. We have been inside once when we ate at Napa Rose (which I highly recommend) and it is just a beautiful resort. Make sure you check the block-out dates for CM's before you go because when we went in April the dates were blocked and I had to buy tickets. :sad1: One good thing is the admits don't count against your MEP!!!!

So, it's been a while since I posted. While the job situation slowed down, the wedding DIY list has been working me hard!

Here's a reminder of my details:

Wedding Date: August 7, 2011
Wedding Location: the Polynesian's Luau Beach
Planner: Vita
Theme: Pixar "Up"/Vintage Disney
Officiant: Teresa Knox
After Ceremony Photography: Randy Chapman the day of the wedding
A bridal shoot the next day at DHS
Wedding Dinner: Chef Mickey's!! Just the two of us with Mickey and his friends!
Current DIY Project(s): Finish the Ellie Badges, Bride/Groom Mickey Ears, Honeymoon Travel Planner, Two Welcome bags, Reception items
In this issue: New Dress, New Guests, and New Invitations!

New Dress

So, after receiving my wedding dress ordered and trying it on, I just wasn't as thrilled with it as I had hoped. It just did seem right. I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it just felt too much like a bridesmaids dress.

Well, after deciding I could sell the dress and searching a sale at David's Bridal, I bought a new dress. Here it is (but mine does not have that sash - I made a wider pink one!):
weddingdress.jpg

I have customized it a bit. I've added a matching halter strap. It makes it very retro looking and gives "the girls" some much needed support. With the petticoat, sash and this cool ruffle pink cardigan finish off the look. I'll let you see that look after my wedding day! (It's only a little over a month away!)

So, I feel great knowing that my dress is now perfect! It makes me cry everytime I try it on! (Good tears of course!) :goodvibes

New Guests

Ok, so that title is a bit misleading. Since we never had any guest, our new guests would be our only guests! Anyways, if you remember after sending
out our STD's, we found out our four guests just couldn't afford to come.

Then, last week we received an email from my future brothe in law. Back in Michigan, he had won a contest on a radio show. He was given one of 100 keys that could possibly start a Harley. He was number 35 and his key started the bike! He decided to take the Cash! Now him and his wife can afford to come to our wedding!:banana:

So he couldn't get more than three days off from work so last minute, but they will be here from August 5-8th, and I'm using my CM discount to get them a stay at a deluxe or villa! (They thought why not, since they don't know if they could afford it again!) Plus, I'll be getting them into the parks for free for two days! We're just as excited as they are!:woohoo:

Now, I think I'm going to make them a custom travel planner (it make custom ones on etsy) and a welcome bag. But those projects will only take a day.

New Invitations

The best for last!

This is the DIY project that has taken me the longest. But, it has also been the biggest hit with all our friends.

Here is our inspiration:
e-a.jpg

and this version in a notepad for WDW's 40th Anniversary:

invites008.jpg

If you haven't guessed, I made vintage WDW Ticket book Invitations for our at-home reception.

About four months ago, I found four boxes of these on clearance at Target:
invites003.jpg

They were only $3 and were perfect for our invitations! It saved me some time too! Plus, we found matching cards also on clearance that I'll use to make our thank yous!:banana:

I took my notebook, scanned in each ticket and manipulated them to fit our info.

Here's my supplies:
invites002.jpg

This is an upclose of the "tickets" before assembly:
invites001.jpg

Each Ticket e-a where you can see the details for our event:
invites004.jpg

The front and back view:
invites011.jpg

And one last view:
invites010.jpg

They are not exact copies of the tickets, but they turned out better than I had hoped. Plus all our friends that are Disney Fans and that work for the Mouse, loved :love: them!

I kept a few to had to my planning album!:cool1:

Next time, more DIY projects!

I love your ticketbook invitations! I think they look great and I love all the information in them! Great job! You must be getting excited--being about a month out!!! :bride:

Just joining in and I am BLOWN AWAY. Everything is fabulous.
And girl, I'm in love with your bracelet?! Would you be able to make these for my bridesmaids and myself?! After your wedding of course!

LOVE LOVE the at home invites!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

COngrats on all the money saving and having a few guests to celebrate with!!

Love the new updates! And that is such great news that your brother in law and his wife can come! What an awesome time to win some money!

Love the new updates! And that is such great news that your brother in law and his wife can come! What an awesome time to win some money!

I know. . . perfect timing. They booked their resort (Saratoga Springs and will spending the day before the wedding with us in the parks, our wedding and photos, and part of the day on the 8th after our DHS shoot. I can't wait to play tour guide!

I love your ticketbook invitations! I think they look great and I love all the information in them! Great job! You must be getting excited--being about a month out!!! :bride:

Everyday I remember something I had forgotten or needed to add to my lists. Good new is there are less things in the "to do" list and more in the "finally finished" list!

Just joining in and I am BLOWN AWAY. Everything is fabulous.
And girl, I'm in love with your bracelet?! Would you be able to make these for my bridesmaids and myself?! After your wedding of course!
First: Thanks!:goodvibes

Second, while I love the quirky handmade touch of my jewelery for my wedding, I don't feel the quality of my work is quite good enough to make things for others. . . But, feel free to use my bracelet as inspiration. I'm sure someone on etsy could recreate them. Not to mention I'm backlogged on my own etsy site right now with all my wedding projects.

So. . .with only three weeks to go!:scared1:

The projects are slowly winding down.

Here's a refresher on the basics:

Wedding Date: August 7, 2011
Wedding Location: the Polynesian's Luau Beach
Planner: Vita
Theme: Pixar "Up"/Vintage Disney
Officiant: Teresa Knox
After Ceremony Photography: Randy Chapman and Disney Photography
Wedding Dinner: Chef Mickey's!!
In this issue: For our Heads and our Feet, Bouquet and Boutineers, "Up" Accessories

For Our Heads and Our Feet!:

So, months ago, I found my perfect wedding shoes: Madden Girl peep toe pumps in the perfect colors.

Here they are with my Vera accessory that I added some Disney magic to:
Ebay099.jpg

One thing I forgot about, the sand!

I then decided I was going to need some sandals for the beach. I knew I wanted white sandals (not flip flops - so I could wear them to work after the wedding) that didn't cost more than my great bargin on my other shoes ($20).

It took weeks, but, finally I found the perfect sandals. They're white with flowers and after with a 50% they only costed $19!

So, here they are:
Ebay096.jpg

I ordered them from JC Penney's with my fiance's pants and vest for the wedding all with free shipping!!

I know I'll be wearing them after the wedding for sure!:)

We also found his shoes. I always wanted him to wear a pair of sneakers that he could use for work after the wedding. While I orginally wanted Converse. But he found a pair of Nike's he loved at Marshall's and they were half the price of the Converses I wanted!:banana:

We also found the perfect tie on etsy with a blue, green and white plaid to fit our "Up" theme. Months ago, he found a tan strawlike fedora at Walmart of all places to wear to the wedding. I wanted to add a Disney flair for the hat.

Lorne found a great wood Mickey Head pin at DHS that he thought would be perfect. And I agreed! I permanetly attached the pin by cutting the nub/handle off the backing and gluing the now flat back onto the pin and hat.

Here's his accessories (plus a boutineer I'll tell you about in a bit):
Ebay075.jpg

Ebay069.jpg

Ebay093.jpg

So, for the ceremony I planned on wearing a flower clip I had found. I wasn't in love with it but thought it would work. Well, yesterday, I returned some hair accessories to the Icing that just didn't work. While there, I found the perfect feather/flower white hair accesory. It's going to be great! Since I just bought it, I don't have pics of it yet. But, I'll share it with you once I do!

But I digress. . . .:laughing:

So, with his accessories done I had time to focus on my Mickey ears. I knew what I wanted them to look like, retro 50's style small hat in white with a pink bow. After tracking down a base on etsy. I was off!

Here's my end result (with his hat):

Ebay068.jpg

and how the ears look with my ceremony and picture shoes:

Ebay094.jpg

They turned out perfect!:love: I love them! Now, I'm working on a baseball cap with ears for him to wear on our honeymoon! I'll post them when I'm done. So now, our heads and feet are covered!

Button Bouquet and Boutineers:

So, I've been putting off making Lorne's boutineer. I don't know why, it only took me like 20 minute to finish his and two more. I made one for his brother and one for my future sister in law. His matches his tie perfectly (as you can see in the photos above) and theres play on our accessories.

After finishing the boutineers, I decided I wanted to revamp my button bouquet with some new felt buttons I had found. I still want to had an Ellie Badge to his and mine but here is what everything looks like now:

Ebay079.jpg

Ebay077.jpg

"Up" Accessories:

To add a little more "UP" to our photos, I bought the recently released 9" UP Vinylmation. I personalized it with our names and we hope to use it as a photos.

Ebay092.jpg

Ebay091.jpg

Plus, I'll keep the box and display it after our wedding (backwards so you can see our names):

Ebay089.jpg

To add to our "UP" part of our theme, we had planned on having guest fill out postcards to us and place them in a mailbox. I found a small mailbox around Valentine's day and we personalized it:

Ebay087.jpg

Those our our real handprints on the box:

Ebay088.jpg

I still need to seal it but it turned out perfect!

Well. . .that's it for this update. I can't believe in three weeks I'll be getting married at WDW!!:goodvibes

Next time: Vacation Planner x 2, Candy Bar ideas, Finishing touches!

Sweet Liz - Everything is so lovely!!! You are so clever and I cannot wait to see this wedding!!

Your projects are AMAZING! Seriously, amazing. I love everything you do. I don't even know what my favorite is anymore! I THINK my favorite might be your button bouquet, followed very closely by the mailbox.

Anyway, I'm pretty much your biggest fangril. :lovestruc

I LOVE all of your ideas!!! The invitations look fantastic! The Vinylmation is ah-mazing!!! Can't believe this is my first time reading your PJ!

Sweet Liz - Everything is so lovely!!! You are so clever and I cannot wait to see this wedding!!

Liz, all your projects are amazing! I love your Mickey hat!

Your projects are AMAZING! Seriously, amazing. I love everything you do. I don't even know what my favorite is anymore! I THINK my favorite might be your button bouquet, followed very closely by the mailbox.

Anyway, I'm pretty much your biggest fangril. :lovestruc

I LOVE all of your ideas!!! The invitations look fantastic! The Vinylmation is ah-mazing!!! Can't believe this is my first time reading your PJ!

Thanks everybody! Being a bride on a very tight budget, these little projects are the ways to add a little personality to the wedding without spending $$.

All your postings have left me :blush: blushing! My fiance is worried I might get a big head! :laughing: JK!

Thanks again! Now I have to stop procrastinating and start working on my Travel Planner for my Wedding and Honeymoon!

You guys are the best! Thanks to everybody for all their posts!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter