LIVIN' IT UP, love that feeling! and feeling Goofy - Jan 2014! Complete! 6/21

January 16, 2014

Hard work deserves a cupcake

I forgot to mention, after I showered and was getting ready for bed my hair got caught in the hair dryer SO THAT WAS FUN. Slightly heart attack inducing.

The (also heart attack inducing) wake up call rang at 7. It was chilling this morning and I really didn't want to get up out of the cozy bed. I managed to get out of bed and tried my best to get ready making as little as noise as possible since my mom was still sleeping. She did ask me if she had to go with me to the park today and I told her whatever she wanted to do was fine with me. She said she was staying in. Solo again it is.

The sunrise over Bay Lake is just fffffjioesijfgjsdfjkghkf.
I loved the lighting in the room this morning.

DSC_0922_zpsc5a86a4a.jpg

DSC_0923_zpsc71e3325.jpg

I was going to Disneybound as college student Mike Wazowski today; I had a Mike Wasowski tank, green shorts, and my MU bow in my ears...

DSC_0926_zps3aaecee7.jpg

BeGfvGCIMAEH2d0.jpg

...but it was so chilly out I wore my half marathon long sleeve tech tee...so that was a waste. I tried.
I packed 2 pairs of gloves in anticipation of some cold morning (running) or night time temps and I could not find either pair by the light of the bathroom.

I headed out to the bus...early.

DSC_0931_zps8484fc2c.jpg

DSC_0936_zpsfcdd515d.jpg

So early I got the whole bus to myself #princess

DSC_0941_zps4edfc382.jpg

I get my red velvet cupcake today

Personal motor coach to DHS/MGM

The bus driver was super sweet. I love CMs.

That early solo bus got me to DHS at about 8:05. Too bad it didn’t open until 9. OY! I like to think I was making up for the fact we seemed to be late to everything else this week...

DSC_0942_zpsa4c09a71.jpg

DSC_0946_zps64347d73.jpg

DSC_0948_zps7fcf0f32.jpg

I waited online...in the shade shivering for the entire time. I did some people watching. At one point, Donald and Stitch walked by so I freaked out a little because Stitch!

DSC_0949_zpsedf22c96.jpg

DSC_0951_zpsf0fe8e73.jpg

DSC_0953_zpsff1b539c.jpg

They let us into the park at 8:45 and I made a B-Line to ToT. Got there and the gates were closed. We still had to wait until 9. My mom decided to call moi at this time and tell me….surprise she’s coming to the park today. You kinda ruined the surprise with the phone call but anyway.

DSC_0958_zps1b7d3657.jpg

DSC_0959_zps6444c133.jpg

DSC_0966_zpsa99fc746.jpg

DSC_0972_zps9d890457.jpg

We have that light at home. I'm actually looking at it right now as I type at my computer.

Mouthing the words to the queue like a #disfreak

DSC_0977_zpsa7dfc638.jpg

DSC_0978_zpsba9636c3.jpg

DSC_0980_zps36232e08.jpg

Next up, with my first FP+ of the day

DSC_0985_zpscf9381c7.jpg

Was on the first elevator of the day and the first super stretch of the day. Time for a cupcake.

DSC_0994_zpsae9a0de7.jpg

The red velvet cupcake (along with a bunch of other goodies) from Starring Rolls Cafe have been on my "Must Try Disney Food" list for a while. I figured I'd have it for breakfast this day..even with an early lunch reservation #PoohSized. After I got my cupcake, I found a table outside and sat by myself like the cool kid I am. Now to be completely honest, this did not blow me away. My red velvet is way better. Maybe I got a bad batch or something because it did seem a little dried out to me. It didn't have much of that RV flavor. I would for sure give it another chance though. I'm not one for first impressions to solidify my feelings. Plus, I've only heard great things about this cupcake.
Maybe it will be like a repeat of the first time I had a Disney chocolate croissant? Right Meg Meg!!?

January 16, 2014

Mom surprises* me at DHS

My mom was on her way now, so I hung out around Hollywood Boulevard. I looked in the shops and checked out the ear hat embroidering because mom wanted to get Meg Meg something with Meg Meg on it.

DSC_1015_zpsa0c06ddd.jpg

I asked a CM if they had any glow with the Show ears and he told me that they had them at Youse Guys. So I booked it over to Streets of America to find that Youse Guys was currently closed. Cool. I headed back to Hollywood Blvd.

DSC_0997_zps36d5f7c3.jpg

DSC_0999_zps8fa40dfd.jpg

Eventually mom and I found each other. Surprise!
Because it’s been so many years since either of us have seen it, we went to watch Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I visited my boyfriend first though.

DSC_1004_zps994d03f8.jpg

DSC_1002_zps9eaa3469.jpg

DSC_1027_zps122f3c27.jpg

Um wow I remember this being a lot longer/better when I was like 5. Moving on.

We decided to go on The Great Movie.

DSC_1000_zps64c05779.jpg

DSC_1033_zpsb1102359.jpg

I was having a senior moment about which car to get in in order to get the cowboy scene. Like so many of you, I have ALWAYS gotten the gangster scene. I picked the front car because at the time I was pretty sure that was the correct choice. As we started our adventure mom was telling me that we got the gangster scene and that I was wrong. Well excuse a moi. I was so focused on trying to figure out which scene we got, I notice the second car take a different turn...and suddenly our scenery didn't look familiar. COWBOY SCENE! I was so excited. And then that building caught on fire and scared the crap out of me.

FINALLY the cowboy scene!

We had a little time to kill before our ADR. We hung out near Commissary Lane. But then I spotted a little blue alien and got SO EXCITED MY CAMERA ALMOST FELL OMG KILL ME.

I did ask Stitch if he could come home with us and he said yes!! Yay a pet!

The character attendant took some photos with my camera but I look like idek AND the amount of white I would have to remove while editing them in order to see me because I am so pale is not worth my effort. But here is a cute one of mom.

DSC_1050_zpse90eba03.jpg

Now it was time for lunch. At one of my favorite places, Sci-Fi Dine In!

Sci Fi!!

DSC_1058_zps8531a5c7.jpg

DSC_1061_zps3210159e.jpg

SO EXCITED FOR GOOD FOOD!
I managed to get a few good shots of the place, but sadly not the food. We started with onion rings. Now that mom was with me, I had someone to share them with. Sometimes...I share food. Even though I ended up eating most of them #PoohSized. We both god burgers with sauteed onions because that is da bomb.com.
There is seriously nothing better than a Disney burger. Nothing else I eat pleases me.

OH MAN DISNEY BURGERS #PoohSized

I was stuffed. I don't know how Disney keeps doing that to me.

Next we went over to Star Tours.

DSC_1072_zps6b06e065.jpg

DSC_1075_zps5e2c2541.jpg

Holy crap that was A REALLY GOOD Star Tours sequence

We got, what I thought was an awesome sequence! It started out going backwards a lot and I was flying all over the place and laughing my butt off! So much fun!

We ran over to Indian Jones because we have never ever seen it before and it was on our list of things to get to this trip. Unfortunately, we missed the start of the show that was currently going on but we went in anyway.

DSC_0016_zps9bb715e1.jpg

DSC_0010_zpscddf9251.jpg

We probably only were there for like 10 minutes and then it was over. I changed my lens for this!? LOL

We headed over to Animation Courtyard next. I saw Sofia meeting outside on the walk over along the way...but the line was wicked long so I was going to have to pass that.

DSC_0019_zpsb2777c90.jpg

I dragged mom over to The Magic of Disney Animation. I wanted to take the animation class. And meet characters...duh.

DSC_0024_zps918dba0d.jpg

Continue

LOVED THAT HAIR DRYER SO MUCH

Loud wake up calls <<<

That lighting OMG

ToT queue pics >>>

I can’t believe your RV cupcake wasn’t good. That is so sad :(

MEG MEG FTW

VotLM aka ew

LOL #white

DISNEY BURGERS. But I love me some Cosmic Rays

Indiana Jones aka reason 1389259073589723984 why MGM stinks

WICKED LONG! :thumbsup2

Ahhhhhhh... nothing like a VIP trip to a park first thing in the morning.

I had my first RV cupcake last trip, also for breakfast. I will say I thought it was heavenly. Though it also was the last Disney food I've had so that probably helped.

I love your Chinese Theatre picture. It's amazing how much it resembles the real thing.

COWBOY SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

WOW you'd never seen the Indy show before??? Well now you can say you've seen some of it I guess.

January 16, 2014

Picasso Pluto

First place I headed to was to get online to meet Ralph and Vanellope. Ep!
I absolutely loved Wreck-it-Ralph from the first time I watched it! Can we just take a moment to talk about and appreciate the amazing theming of this queue!? Dying.

DSC_0026_zps15674de4.jpg

DSC_0029_zpsc008d19f.jpg

DSC_0030_zps16ab4fcb.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsf0c47b09.jpg

DSC_0032_zpsbfc9f2de.jpg

A Cy-Bug!

DSC_0033_zps44c46fba.jpg

Waiting for Ralph and Vanellope and they're playing a video game version of Thriller

Um I need that in my life, all the time.

The wait was about 10-15 minutes. The 2 families in front of us both had kids. One of the little boys was talking to the other family and said:

This little boy in front of us "I don't eat Chinese too much. I have a cat. You know what they do to cats in China? They eat them." DYING

Mom and I were trying so hard to conceal our laughter. LOL!

DSC_0034_zps045f8e9b.jpg

I asked Vanellope if she would do my hair because I want sprinkles in my hair #bakerprobs

Next, I headed over to my favorite bunch of supers.

DSC_0036_zpsdfcba6bb.jpg

DSC_0038_zpsd71ed598.jpg

Mr. Incredible and Frozone were acting pretty silly.

DSC_0039_zpsf4b6c5ed.jpg

I mean, this pose was necessary.

Next I dragged mom against her will over to the animation class.
As we sat outside waiting for the next class, our conversation went something like:

Mom - "What's this?"
Me - "An animation class."
Mom - "Is it fun?"
Me - "...sure why not!"

We will learn, what is fun to me might not necessarily be fun to you. But look ma, Stitch!

DSC_0040_zpsfd637573.jpg

DSC_0041_zpsf8842a28.jpg

We were called in and mom and I picked a spot towards the back, and in the middle.

DSC_0046_zps6047a1ef.jpg

DSC_0042_zps08ef8272.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsb852b1e5.jpg

She really wanted to either draw Stitch, Pooh or Mickey. Sadly for her, our choices were Snow, Genie or Pluto. I wanted Pluto and Pluto won!

I have never done the animation class prior to this. I loved it! I always loved art and creating things...drawing wasn't always a strength (depends on what we're drawing) but drawing Disney things is always a blast! I was in the zone.

Here is the final product from moi.

DSC_0044_zps3b8ccc39.jpg

NOT TOO SHABBY!

And mom's. She was on the struggle bus for this one, to say the least.

IMG_2817_zps6543af73.jpg

Next we went over to the Frozen art stuff because Frozen. Looking at Disney art and sketches and early ideas is always intriguing. I love seeing the similarities and contrasts from the original concepts to the final product.

DSC_0048_zpsd56581d2.jpg

DSC_0050_zps08956618.jpg

DSC_0051_zps647d728f.jpg

DSC_0052_zps8cb9e346.jpg

DSC_0053_zpsa07f1f41.jpg

#wcw

It was just about time for me to use my TSMWM FP+ so I said see ya to mom for a bit and headed over to Pixar Place.

January 16, 2014

Improved TSMWM skills without even trying

DSC_0054_zps6c216d4f.jpg

I scanned my MB and zipped right through the queue.

Seriously an arm workout. But that is not an issue for me.

DSC_0062_zps2b2a2f3f.jpg

DSC_0065_zpsbb86e4ab.jpg

WHAT WHAT?!?!

This was only my second time ever playing and I got best in the vehicle?! OK THEN!

WHOAH I got best in vehicle for TSMWM !

DSC_0066_zpsb2e31e40.jpg

DSC_0069_zpsa9de03fc.jpg

I met up with mom and I randomly checked the wait time for ToT on MDE and it was only down to like 15/20 minutes. This is mom's favorite, so we had to make sure she got to ride it today! We power walked our way over to Sunset Boulevard.

=
DSC_0073_zps0dcd04b9.jpg

DSC_0077_zps9a9dc9ca.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsfe0ff4a6.jpg

DSC_0081_zps167b2dac.jpg

It was way less than 20 minutes. Either way, I got to appreciate and photograph the queue that way so win win.

DSC_0095_zps226fc1ce.jpg

DSC_0096_zps53cec7c9.jpg

DSC_0097_zpsf949b018.jpg

DSC_0101_zps1a17c482.jpg

DSC_0104_zpse0543f61.jpg

DSC_0105_zpsbbff5941.jpg

Now, mom was satisfied.

DSC_0107_zps8818cb2d.jpg

We headed back over to Mickey Ave because it was a necessity to go into One Man's Dream.

DSC_0109_zpsed1a1f9c.jpg

DSC_0111_zps921de4e4.jpg

DSC_0120_zpsbaf972ac.jpg

DSC_0121_zps3f1d2761.jpg

DSC_0128_zpsbd60ab42.jpg

People who pass this up don't know what they're missing. #stupidguests
There is just so much amazingness there. I don't even have words. I just walked around slowly, looking at everything and taking it all in. Walt is just...I have no words sometimes. We went to watch the movie for more feels and I was upset that they make you exit the building after it. Mom and I looped around to go back in because I wasn't done looking at everything LOL!

DSC_0133_zpsf509f37e.jpg

DSC_0134_zps7ed18acc.jpg

DSC_0138_zpsf0955f6c.jpg

DSC_0140_zpsb907eea9.jpg

Thank you.

January 16, 2014

Meg and Meg Meg take over BLT

After we exited One Man's Dream (for the second time) we ran into a soldier. I was being such a derp trying to get my autograph book open omg.

DSC_0145_zps2c0b05fd.jpg

DSC_0147_zps398e00bf.jpg

I realized I look so gross AKA super tired here. Oh well. He signed it Green Army Man btw. LOL LOVE IT!

Mom and I went over to MuppetVision 3D next.

DSC_0150_zps3c5a4eed.jpg

DSC_0149_zpsfd687454.jpg

Are you telling me what to do?

Mom was hungry...so we decided on Pizza Planet because that is obviously the best choice.

DSC_0153_zps21435f99.jpg

DSC_0155_zps83e73a6d.jpg

DSC_0157_zps0f50c8d1.jpg

~ Toy Story feels ~

DSC_0159_zpsf8a465d4.jpg

I wasn't that hungry since I ate almost all the onion rings at lunch. But if you put (free) food in front of me there's a very good chance I am going to eat it. #rungry

And I ate the entire thing FYI #PoohSized

DSC_0158_zps893e24f5.jpg

Hey, a Holiday cup.

DSC_0160_zps812a5b11.jpg

Sadly (for Hollywood Studios) we had pretty much accomplished everything there is to do there by this time. Mom wanted to head back to BLT. We strolled back towards Hollywood Boulevard and looked in the shops together. I tried on some cute headband ears and mom took lovely pictures of moi with her phone...

Eventually we parted ways. I was sticking around until closing because I had my lat FP+ of the fay for Fantasmic because I've never seen it!

But first, I took advantage of golden hour at DHS.

DSC_0162_zpsbc2801eb.jpg

DSC_0163_zps25b09ad4.jpg

DSC_0164_zps4c115559.jpg

DSC_0167_zps97f17cbe.jpg

DSC_0169_zpsf5be1faf.jpg

DSC_0170_zps07ae0f13.jpg

DSC_0173_zpse443d3e9.jpg

As of right now, I think the FP+ for Fantasmic is such a waste. they can work on that.
Moving on.

I was freezing the entire pre-show and show. It got really cold out.

Matter of hours until the Meg's are reunited. And can complain about the cold together.

It felt so good to sit though. Common theme of the trip. Even though I have quite a bit of muscle there, my butt hurt so bad sitting on that cold, metal bench!

Here are some ok photos.

DSC_0188_zps3fc2d79f.jpg

omg Mickey what are you doing

DSC_0199_zpsd1a279f4.jpg

Buddy!

DSC_0200_zps424e10a7.jpg

DSC_0205_zpsbcff6bb3.jpg

DSC_0208_zps69b8c245.jpg

DSC_0226_zps67037627.jpg

DSC_0229_zps02580176.jpg

"Some imagination, huh?"

I walked as fast as I could towards the exit because I was so cold.

DSC_0234_zps0eb5ef87.jpg

I was waiting in the cold for a while before I could get on the bus.
Soon we were on our way. The advertisement above me was Frozen and Elsa was on it so I was excited about that. Little things excite moi.

Meg Meg & Meg take over BLT RT @LifeDis: About 1.5 hours until SLEEPOVER AT BLT TIME! @meghill132

I made it back to BLT and got up to the room. I unloaded my backpack and probably put on something a little warmer but I have no idea. Mom didn't eat the entire pizza earlier and I guess it didn't do anything for her because he asked me to take a walk over to the Contemp with her. I grabbed my memory card and iPad to back up the day's photos while I killed some time waiting for my twin.

Walking thru BLT and the Contemp backing up photos on my ipad #ok #notipadography @LifeDis

I think I took the walk over barefoot. You have no idea how big of a deal that is for mom and me. This is what Disney does to me. This is how relaxed I feel at Disney.

Meg Meg was scheduled to arrive around 10/10:30. Mum had to work late that night. Meg Meg texted me when they were close to BLT so I went downstairs and sat in one of the chairs, inhaled the amazing lobby smell and waited for her. When they got there, the 3 of us went up to the room to show it off LOL we love the #dislife

This night was actually one of my favorite memories of the entire trip. The of us just chatted and shared funny stories about work and the trip so far and it was just an absolute blast!!

Meg Meg also took some time to admire mom's drawing of Picaso Pluto. Eventually mum had to leave. Meg Meg and I got her bed aka the pull out sofa ready. We discovered that there are pillows and blankets in that coffee table-foot rest thing. We watched some Stacey because DUH and then Disney cartoons because also duh. I took a shower and eventually we all fell asleep.

I can't believe the drawing class is STILL on my to do list. But it's always good to still have things you haven't done I guess.
And I feel a little bad here, but... I may have :rotfl: at your Mom's Pluto. :blush:

20 minutes for ToT? No biggie. Totally worth it. :thumbsup2

YES!!!! #stupidguests if you skip One Man's Dream. And that movie... :sad:

Wait... this was your first time seeing Fantasmic??

Well look who’s back…

BAHAHAH THE CAT

PICASSO PLUTO I CANT BREATHE UH UH UH :rotfl:

I have never gotten best in vehicle. I wonder why…

ToT queue >>>>

Walt aka tears

That title >>>>

Golden hour! :lovestruc

FP for most shows are a total waste. Not just Fantasmic.

That night was perf. The end.

Glad to see more updates!

The drawing class is very under rated and one of my families (and my) favorite things to do at MGM. As is One Man's Dream.

Your ToT pictures are great! Nice work.

January 17, 2014

A #dislife field trip

The heart attack inducing wake-up call went off sometime around 6:45am. We had important food things to attend to before our intended destination for the day. We got ready. Since we are experts at #livinitup, Meg Meg had her own bathroom. Her hair also got caught in the hair dryer, and she too had a heart attack. #twins
Watch out for those BLT hair dryers, folks.

We were blessed with this absolutely GORGEOUS sunrise over Bay Lake this morning. ZOMG!!!
Let's admire it, shall we?

DSC_0002_zps6c6220bf.jpg

DSC_0003_zps6bc5b51e.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsdef6fbe0.jpg

Since we had a late lunch ADR this day (or as I like to refer to meals around that time, linner) we decided we would grab a decent sized breakfast to start our day. I wanted to try Tonga Toast for a long time now and Captain Cook’s has it for $5 compared to Kona’s $12. So why not?! We walked over to the Contemp and hopped on the monorail to the Poly.

DSC_0007_zps11287786.jpg

I LOVE staying at a monorail resort because that means monorail over to the Poly for Tonga Toast

Seriously I LOVED staying at a monorail resort.
Once you go monorail...

DSC_0009_zps4d41be87.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsce452882.jpg

The verdict: the toast itself was REALLY good. I’ve never been a big fan of French toast, something about it I just don’t like. But I LOVE French toasts sticks! Perhaps the method of preparation, usually sticks are straight up fried. Anyway, the toast part was delicious. It had too much banana for me. Meg Meg thought so too. I’m kinda weird with bananas anyway. I love them (bananas = potassium = reduced cramping #runnerprobs) but they have to be brown for me to enjoy it. I feel sick if it’s all yellow. I know, weird. Ok moving on from the banana talk.

After we finished up our Tonga Toast, we headed out to the bus stop.

DSC_0013_zps9a8d9b6b.jpg

DAK, here we come!
Ever since we found out Meg Meg and mum we moving to FL, we decided that Meg Meg would play hooky that Friday so we could go to Animal Kingdom together; field trip!

DSC_0014_zps13dd7665.jpg

We got to DAK pretty early but that was quite alright, I had some Disney animal print merch to buy. A shirt, the pink leopard print ears, and the giraffe print ears because reasons. When I was paying for my purchases the CM asked if I was using any discounts…and I definitely said Disney Visa and whipped that out. But I guess she didn’t hear me…because I looked at the receipt and was like….um where’s my discount. And then she had to call over a manager, return the purchase and ring it up again. Sorry not sorry I wanted my $7 savings.

DSC_0016_zpsd82d9912.jpg

The gates opened at 8:45 and we were off! Our first stop of the day was Dino the Flying Dinosaur. OBVIOUSLY.

DSC_0020_zpsea427700.jpg

DSC_0029_zps4cd31ed0.jpg

Meg Meg was SO nice and let me sit in front so I could get prime viewing. Fabulous.

DSC_0032_zps8135324b.jpg

DSC_0042_zpse38d631f.jpg

After a thrilling ride in the sky with some dinos, we headed over to Primeval Whirl for some neck breaking, back in time fun!

DSC_0047_zpscf3eaa61.jpg

When the ride finished, the CM asked if we wanted to go again. WHY NOT?! So we went on again and broke our necks even more. When it finished,the CM asked if we wanted to go again?! We did, but we sadly declined because we had a date with a Yeti.

DSC_0051_zps674cfe04.jpg

Yo overbite is cute.

Our first FP+ of the day was YETI TIME.

DSC_0052_zpsb36a4e51.jpg

DSC_0053_zps564fc754.jpg

DSC_0054_zpse9991dc9.jpg

DSC_0056_zpsf68339a2.jpg

DSC_0068_zpsffb19369.jpg

DSC_0070_zps2e431f35.jpg

DSC_0071_zps91681544.jpg

There doesn't seem to be any track.

DSC_0079_zpsa86d4fe3.jpg

DSC_0081_zps52b035b3.jpg

A non-running photo.

Next, we headed over to Maharajah Jungle Trek to look at some of Tigger's cousins.

January 17, 2014

Animals, animals and more animals. But most importantly, giraffes.

DSC_0083_zps925c9b58.jpg

DSC_0089_zps52153a5a.jpg

Meg Meg and I had to switch the lenses to the 55-200mm. We only saw one tiger out and about. And we discovered a hole where they could get from one side to the other. LOLOLOL!

DSC_0091_zps41ef400a.jpg

DSC_0094_zps5993949c.jpg

DSC_0102_zps622658e8.jpg

DSC_0103_zps4640fdb7.jpg

DSC_0104_zpse2b33ea5.jpg

DSC_0121_zps1e9c3384.jpg

We did spot the other 2 tigers, they were taking a snooze up against the wall. Losahs.

We passed up the bats because UMM NO THANKS!!

We changed those lenses again and headed over to Africa.

DSC_0142_zps2332b607.jpg

DSC_0143_zpsdd4544b2.jpg

DSC_0146_zps539fa056.jpg

We listened to the African drummers for a bit and changed our lenses yet again. It was close to our FP+ for Kilamanjaro Safaris. Since Meg Meg and I weren't on a room ressie together, she just made her FP+ to as close as the same time as mine as possible. We had about a 10 minute difference. We went over probably about 5 minutes before her time would be active and the scanner took it. Score!

DSC_0151_zps2f61c111.jpg

I didn't go crazy with the animal photos. Because let's be real now, it's all about one animal for me.

DSC_0160_zps42baf10c.jpg

Here are some hungry hungry hippos.

DSC_0172_zps4de32c68.jpg

He looks very angry.

Cue da freakout.

DSC_0184_zps5370e641.jpg

NFEJKFBFBSDNFGVBJKDFSBGVJDFSGVJDFSSD GIRAFFE!!!!!!

DSC_0187_zps082342b3.jpg

DSC_0193_zpsbc553f03.jpg

DSC_0207_zps4631117b.jpg

We got held up for a little bit because an animal was on the road. Meg Meg told me of a tale that she heard once, the safari was held up for about 4 hours because some animal wouldn't get out of the way... LOL
For us, it turns out it was a giraffe so no hard feelings.

DSC_0218_zpsf87b7225.jpg

HELLO!

DSC_0219_zps43e4aa28.jpg

DSC_0227_zps12875626.jpg

Pride Rock, Jr.

The lions were visible...slightly. Ft. some fencing material?

DSC_0239_zps26095a3b.jpg

DSC_0241_zpsfe308d6e.jpg

A #PUMBA!

January 17, 2014

The #Pooh5K

Our safari finished up with some other animals of great importance to moi.

DSC_0250_zps23341d41.jpg

DSC_0252_zpsb0989294.jpg

[
DSC_0255_zps6aa26d14.jpg

DSC_0256_zpsd11b1bc2.jpg

DSC_0257_zps14eef1c7.jpg

DSC_0258_zps117165f6.jpg

DSC_0259_zps1c80f7fc.jpg

And some cheetahs that were too far away for a picture. I love my feline runners.

Next we started to make our way over to Finding Nemo the Musical.

DSC_0267_zpseaef3bc1.jpg

giraffe

DSC_0268_zps232196e2.jpg

Giraffe.

But we passed by Dug and Russel's Clubhouse. And Meg Meg was like: "You wanna meet them, don't you?"
Yes, yes I do. So we got on line.

DSC_0272_zps9af5c8d6.jpg

DSC_0273_zpse5bc5c26.jpg

DSC_0276_zpsbbe35750.jpg

Speaking of meeting characters, we had one that Meg Meg and I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO MEET TOGETHER. No ifs, ands, or buts. It was a necessity. A bear necessity.

DSC_0283_zps63367bce.jpg

Pooh is a top favorite character for each of us.
Pooh got excited when he saw my shirt, and started imitating that he was running. The PP photographer said "Yeah, I don't think there will be a Pooh 5K anytime soon."
AHAHAHA OMG!!! Well now Meg Meg and I are in training for the Pooh 5K by eating...

Next was Tigger, and not his cousins. The queue area happened to be perfect because there was Pooh Bear BGM playing which helped yours truly segway into something I had to do when meeting Tigger with Meg Meg.
I promised Meg Meg...literally* a year ago on twitter that the next time I met Tigger I would sing the Tigger song for him.

DSC_0279_zpsbc27532b.jpg

DSC_0280_zpseeb1e13f.jpg

When we went over to him, I said: "Hey instead of all these songs about Pooh, how about a song about you?"
And I sang the Tigger song for him, bouncing included. I think he loved it. Because I mean, look at these photos.

DSC_0281_zps5d79cd23.jpg

DSC_0282_zps74bddcad.jpg

CUTE.

Just sang the Tigger song for Tigger

After an adorable M&G, we headed over to Finding Nemo the Musical (for real this time)

DSC_0285_zps06e91ea1.jpg

DSC_0287_zps424e9751.jpg

DSC_0293_zpsc54eb704.jpg

DSC_0300_zpsc26f5871.jpg

DSC_0307_zps17d18591.jpg

I just loved this!! This was a real joy to watch and to me, definitely a great example of how amazing and professional Disney love entertainment is. I can not wait to see it again. The actors were amazing I just can't omg

Continue

I can't believe the drawing class is STILL on my to do list. But it's always good to still have things you haven't done I guess.
And I feel a little bad here, but... I may have :rotfl: at your Mom's Pluto. :blush:

20 minutes for ToT? No biggie. Totally worth it. :thumbsup2

YES!!!! #stupidguests if you skip One Man's Dream. And that movie... :sad:

Wait... this was your first time seeing Fantasmic??

IT NEEDS TO BE A MUST DO FOR YOU THEN.
Oh please, don't feel bad. I still :rotfl2: ALL the time about it!! It will live on forever.

People who skip over that because it's not a ride should be banned from the parks.

YES IT WAS! :eek:

Well look who’s back…

BAHAHAH THE CAT

PICASSO PLUTO I CANT BREATHE UH UH UH :rotfl:

I have never gotten best in vehicle. I wonder why…

ToT queue >>>>

Walt aka tears

That title >>>>

Golden hour! :lovestruc

FP for most shows are a total waste. Not just Fantasmic.

That night was perf. The end.

You're one to talk..

THE CAT :rotfl:

UH UH UH :rotfl2: I LOVE PICASSO PLUTO THO! That's what we should frame and hang up in the bathroom...

GOLDEN HOUR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The more you know.

The night WAS perfect. <3 The end.

Glad to see more updates!

The drawing class is very under rated and one of my families (and my) favorite things to do at MGM. As is One Man's Dream.

Your ToT pictures are great! Nice work.

Ha, sorry. The #runlife has taken over! The animation class is now one of my favorite things to do at MGM.
Thank you!!!

Just caught up on the past few sets of posts! (sorry college finals got in the way :headache:)
I've never heard the term #rungry but I'm now going to start using it all the time whenever I run!
I'd be a professional at the Pooh 5K hahahahaha that sounds like an amazing race.

LINNER!!!! I say that too!!!

Haha, I imagine there are a lot of "field trips" for students who live in the Disney zone. It would have to be part of the curriculum I think.

I think I would have a hard time declining "Do you want to go again's" over and over, EXCEPT when it's Yeti Time! So good call there Megs.

GIRAFFES!!! 'Nuff said.

Aww Meg, so awesome you sang the Tigger song to Tigger. I bet you made his day. :goodvibes

I miss this day so much. BUT 15 DAYS!!!

Those hair dryers are deadly.

That sunrise >>>

Playing hooky >>>

Dino the flying dinosaur FTW
That was the best part of the whole day, lets be real now.

My neck is still broken

LOL THE TIGER HOLE

OMG PUMBA!

I look so awkward in the Dug and Russel pics oh my god

No seriously I look awful in all of these pictures.

January 17, 2014

I'm not leaving abandoned food anymore

Up next, we went on one of Meg Meg’s absolute favs……..Dinosaur.

DSC_0323_zps9e4ada6c.jpg

DSC_0334_zps5da40275.jpg

DSC_0335_zpsc9f54a7a.jpg

DSC_0338_zpse53bd030.jpg

DSC_0344_zps8f13543a.jpg

DSC_0345_zps10c6c3ae.jpg

That "Frozen" looks familiar...

We headed over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. We stopped and looked at some of the birds.

DSC_0352_zps6c48dd7d.jpg

DSC_0355_zps58b0853a.jpg

Then we went into Conservation Station and looked around; nothing like looking at dried animal poop! I got a real school vibe in there...no me gusta. We decided to go into Song of the Rainforest, which was cool and very relaxing. Until....there was a chainsaw blaring in your ear! EP! Meg Meg also thought that she was going to fall asleep in there since it was dark.

We went back outside and I randomly decided to check MDE and I saw that Pocahontas is meeting. Soon! But where?!
On DME, it said she was meeting at Conservation Station......and even though I just mentioned it, we didn't even know what the name of that building was at the time. It was like 2 idiot chickens with their heads cut off. POCA IS MEETING BUT WHERE IS THIS PLACE SHE IS MEETING!?!? Oh, right where we are standing? Derp.

So we hurried back inside. Rafiki was meeting along with someone else who I can’t recall. We didn't know exactly where Poca would be so we just stood close to where the other characters were.

OMG waiting to meet Poca

The line started forming oddly once a character attendant came out and told us where she would be. And then the line formation took a turn for the worst. It was really annoying because all of a sudden people you were in front of are in front of you and it’s like a free for all and frdgnksdffmersdf.

Anyway. She eventually came out and omg.

Poca sighting!!!

She was so lovely. I've never met Pocahontas before.
And way to go PPP for taking only 1 picture with my camera and it is blurry. But I met Poca and I was so happy! I don’t understand why her and my fav Mulan are the underrepresented Princesses.

DSC_0356_zps31a398db.jpg

Now, we had an ADR for 2:30 and it was like 2:15 while we were on line. We would be cutting it close. Being late seems to be a theme for this trip, unfortunately. I felt bad for Meg Meg because I know she hates being late for ADRs (don’t get me wrong, I do too!) but meeting rare Princesses >>
Anyway, we power walked our booties over to the Wildlife Express Train and there was one waiting for us. Princesses. We power walked until we arrived at our destination. With like 5 minutes to spare.

DSC_0358_zps93a975ea.jpg

Lunch date with @LifeDis

DSC_0359_zps0df34014.jpg

Meg Meg and I had a lunch date at a place that was on the top of my list of Disney restaurants I want to eat at. We had a great time and we chatted about their upcoming cruise and how we like to put purchases on credit cards because #yolodisney. We both got the same thing: chicken lo mein.

DSC_0364_zps1ce4a2c1.jpg

Oh my gawd. Yak & Yeti DID NOT DISAPPOINT!! As you know from this TR, I love Asian food - lo mein is a favorite, but I usually get vege lo mein because 99 times out of 100 I think the chicken looks and tastes disgusting. When this plate of beautifulness arrived in front of me, I was like "Omg the chicken is fried?!!?". It was amazing.

After we paid, I noticed that our server did not give us fortune cookies. Rude. However I spotted some lonely ones on the table on our way out so I grabbed a couple.

It was approaching parade time, so we grabbed a spot in front of Dug and Russel's place. Surprise, surprise, I've never seen Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. It was about 3:20ish when we got there. So we stood for a bit, chatted, changed our lenses..the usual. At some point (the parade was no where in sight) all the people who arrived AFTER us that were behind us started complaining that we needed to sit.
Can you all just chill? It's not like we just showed up and threw a kid on our shoulders in front of you like someone did to moi earlier that week during Wishes.

For those of you wondering, we DID sit when the parade came by. And we were squashed trying to stay behind the parade tape line.

DSC_0383_zps509cb214.jpg

DSC_0396_zps55168c92.jpg

DSC_0399_zps53cb4660.jpg

DSC_0404_zpsb475244d.jpg

DSC_0425_zpscbe66930.jpg

DSC_0426_zpscf67fea9.jpg

DSC_0443_zpsb96c601c.jpg

DSC_0446_zps27578bde.jpg

DSC_0460_zpsbb51e885.jpg

DSC_0468_zps7e4f0f59.jpg

DSC_0477_zps69394157.jpg

DSC_0479_zpsfc6de435.jpg

DSC_0488_zpsdb9369d0.jpg

January 17, 2014

It's Yeti time it's Yeti time it's Yeti time it's Yeti time

We headed over to the Tree of Life so we could take some photos of it...because I wanted to.

DSC_0494_zps851e3f30.jpg

DSC_0495_zps6833507a.jpg

DSC_0499_zps84356b1a.jpg

DSC_0500_zps69d2bf28.jpg

DSC_0504_zpsb6021a27.jpg

Detail.

DSC_0507_zps44402243.jpg

Giraffe.

DSC_0509_zpsbfd48c40.jpg

Do I love giraffes enough that I want to be one though?

DSC_0511_zps8876b423.jpg

We had less than an hour left until closing so the logical decision was to go ride EE.

DSC_0512_zps5fb84b1f.jpg

Since I did not get a picture before we watched it.

The wait time for Everest wasn't even 20 minutes.

SCARY DEER FACE.

If anyone is interested, Meg Meg would like the book "Some Female Yeti and Other Poems". I found out when she saw it in the queue. I might have found it on Google Books and posted it to her wall while I was standing right next to her. I would get it for her...but um...why don't you go look for that on Amazon and look at the price.

DSC_0531_zps0c5c7914.jpg

DSC_0532_zpsb3ef42f7.jpg

DSC_0537_zps85565cdc.jpg

We got off and got right back on line again! Because why not!?

After riding a second time, we got back on the line again! Because WHY NOT?!

It was 4:55 at this point, and the wait time said 5 minutes...so we looked at each other and said "Why not?" The CM at the entrance even said WHY NOT?!

JK 5 times RT @LifeDis: 4 times on everest today #yolodisney

DSC_0544_zps3e924681.jpg

THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ANY TRACK.

DSC_0545_zps53126421.jpg

After riding Everest 4 times in a row, we had to leave since the park was now closed. So we shuffled out popping into gift shops to get a little bit of warmth.

DSC_0550_zps85217b57.jpg

On the way through the exit, mum gave Meg Meg the assignment of getting some of these stroller ID cards with Anna and Elsa on them. She may have succeed. There was this "activity" for kids on the back about your trip. We filled it out verbally being idiots while waiting for a bus.

Dinosaur is the worst ride evah the end.

LOLOLOL CONSERVATION STATION. I am so dumb.

Wow that Poca pic is high quality. And I just realized that she is wearing her winter wear.

LOL yes I hate being late….

Don’t even get moi started on those idiots during the parade.

MY FAVE BOOK! Too bad I am not made of money though. #brokelife

That selfie will always be my fave selfie.

I forgot about those stroller ID tags :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter