Live! With Kelly and Michael taping

mydisneyfix

Mouseketeer
I just planned a last minute/once in a life time/one day trip to Disneyland on May 17th. Me, my DD 11, my mom, and my grandma will be there. We are headed to San Diego for a baby shower and I couldn't resist adding a day for Disneyland! How often will I get to do a girls trip with 4 generations of girls going?!! My daughter will remember going to DL with her great -grandma!!! So awesome! However, it is a taping day for Live! We probably won't make it to rope drop, we won't be seeing the taping, and great grandma will be in a wheelchair. We want to avoid crowd chaos from the taping as much as possible. Anyone have tips or advice? Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect? What time will they tape and for how long? I am pretty familiar with the park but not for a show taping.

They'are taping a show at 7:30 am and another at 10am. They offered the tickets separately, so they will likely exit the audience between tapings. I don't know where they're taping, but I assume in front of the castle because of the 60th. I also don't know where they're parking but I assume Mickey and Friends, since they use that for other events and then they can walk the 7:30 audience over instead of using shuttles, though I'm not sure. As far as getting into the park, the taping area will be roped off and the CMs will direct you around it. They will be lined up to keep people from standing in the walkways and prevent pictures. They also have new auxiliary walkways along Main St that they will probably use to either get the audience out or get the other guests in. If it's at all possible to get there the night before and get a hotel I'd do that so you can get there for rope drop. It would also really help if you can park at a hotel instead of a Disney lot on that day.

Thanks. I wish we could get there the night before but we cant. We are driving up from San Diego that morning. If I had my way. ..everyone would be up early to make rope drop but I am guessing we will be there around 10am. I plan to head straight to our hotel and do an early check in to park the car. I am just so happy to do this special one day trip! I will deal with crowds any day just to see my DD 11 making memories in DL with her great-grandma. :-)

Be careful what time you leave the city. Traffic is bad in the morning and can add a lot of time to your trip to Anaheim.

Be careful what time you leave the city. Traffic is bad in the morning and can add a lot of time to your trip to Anaheim.
What time do you think is good? We will be coming from Escondido. It's a Sunday too...so....traffic will still be bad in the morning on a Sunday?

What time do you think is good? We will be coming from Escondido. It's a Sunday too...so....traffic will still be bad in the morning on a Sunday?
I'd leave the San Diego area by 8am. Traffic will start around Oceanside, and could continue off and on all the way past San Juan Capistrano. You might also sail right through. But you just don't know. Either way, if you leave at 8am on a Sunday, you should be at your hotel by 10am, if not before.

If you can, leave earlier than that, we drive from SD and always hit the road around 6am and its an excellent, smooth ride for us!
Congrats on the upcoming trip, 4 generations together at Disneyland? WOW, just WOW!

Depending on where you will be in Escondido, you might want to consider taking the 15 to the 91. Sunday mornings can be pretty easy via that route (the earlier the better). When I head up to DL on a Sunday morning I leave anywhere within the 7am hour and it is smooth sailing.

You have to get tickets for the taping. I have been on the wait list for the last 2 weeks and still do have them.

I am fine with missing the taping. We only have the one day so I want to maximize on park activities. Hopefully, I can get our group to leave before 8am from San Diego. I'm not sure though. I guess I can try to get everyone to bed early the night before ;-)

Wake them up early with a nice big breakfast, I'm sure that will get them out of bed without too many complaints. "Better hurry, your pancakes are getting cold!" :teeth:

I'm in Escondido and we usually go on Sundays around 8. Just take the 78 to the 15N, hit the carpool lane when it starts and take it all the way up to Disney. Easy peasy and there's rarely traffic.

I'm in Escondido and we usually go on Sundays around 8. Just take the 78 to the 15N, hit the carpool lane when it starts and take it all the way up to Disney. Easy peasy and there's rarely traffic.

This reminded me of that Saturday Night Live "The Californians" sketch :)

My friend works on the production crew for Live and I asked her for you-- They are taping between the partners statue and the castle and will have the audience waiting along the left side of Main Street. It should be an orderly line but there will me A LOT of gawkers, So maybe you guys could enter from the monorail to avoid that crowd?

Also be aware they are leaving the set overnight so you may have to miss the photo op in front of the Partner's Statue.

I shouldn't really effect the Partner's statuce photo op, more likely you won't be able to stand right in front of the castle, and won't be able to walk through it from FL to Main St.

Has anyone heard back that they got tickets? I was told I am still on the wait list for Sunday even though it says sold out.

I hadn't seen the sketch before so I had to you tube it. That's so funny! Only down south though. In central CA it's pretty much " just get on 99 S and don't stop until you get to LA." Lol.

Has anyone heard back that they got tickets? I was told I am still on the wait list for Sunday even though it says sold out.
http://1iota.freshdesk.com/support/...9-when-will-my-tickets-move-off-the-waitlist-
Ticket approvals usually continue up until around 24 hours before an event. You are alerted via email if your tickets become available.

It's possible that the show will fill up before we can process your request. We typically alert members 48 hours before if it is unlikely they will be receiving tickets.

We approve tickets in batches, so once you get your available email, be sure to log in and reserve your tickets ASAP! If you don't, others may beat you to it.

Like I said, with it being sold out, I'd try to get tickets for one of the other days if it's at all possible to go then instead. 48 hours is pretty short notice if you have to make arrangements to get there.

http://1iota.freshdesk.com/support/...9-when-will-my-tickets-move-off-the-waitlist-

Like I said, with it being sold out, I'd try to get tickets for one of the other days if it's at all possible to go then instead. 48 hours is pretty short notice if you have to make arrangements to get there.

Thank You! I did not see this on the website. I am really hoping to move up on the waitlist, we already had plans to be at the park 5/15 to 5/17 when this came up. We are PAP holders and go quite often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter