LIVE REPORT! Watch My Hair Frizz In Real Time! Win a Prize!

The First Day or May 18th, 2015 or I Hope Our Plane Lands Somewhere Near Florida
Part 2
We got to the DME area, and got in the line for the Boardwalk. We wandered around in MagicalExpressland for a while, until our bus came. We got on, and ended up with another DME driver who had no idea what WDW is, or who Walt Disney was.

"Yes, we are going to Walt Disney Hotel"

"Take your cameras out. We are approaching the hotel sign"

(Once we got to the sign) "Oh, sorry, this is Walt Disney's World"

First, we stopped at Caribbean Beach, and then, off to The Boardwalk.

Some Boardwalk photos by me
IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_0197 dis.jpg
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0198 dis.jpg

A CM met us outside, and told us our room was ready. First time in 8 years! She told us how to get to the room, and we got there with no major problems, except, that we took the wrong elevator, and ended up back at the entrance. Once we found the room, we were shocked. It was gigantic, close to the elevator, had 2 queen size beds, had hooks, a shower you could get to, without climbing over the toilet, and a veranda with chairs, and it was really close to the quiet pool! (not that I like the pool when I'm in WDW)

Low-res iPhone photos

IMG_2689.JPG
IMG_2688.JPG
IMG_2692 dis.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2688 dis.jpg
    IMG_2688 dis.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 0
First time in 8 years!

First time for everything.

we got there with no major problems, except, that we took the wrong elevator, and ended up back at the entrance.

Well, going in a complete circle and missing it completely might be classified by some as a major problem! :laughing:

The First Day or May 18th, 2015 or I Hope Our Plane Lands Somewhere Near Florida
Part 3
After we unpacked, we met up with Aunt Laura74, Uncle Squid, and Monkston, and went to the pool. On the way, we saw so many lizard, gecko things! (if you are wondering if you should put emphasis on those words, think Joe Rhode)

IMG_2363 dis.jpg

For the first time (not in forever), we saw the Boardwalk's quiet pool. No annoying noise the CMs call music, no screaming kids, just peace and quiet. In WDW. (It's hard to believe, I know)

We went to EPCOT for lunch, and I had Frushi. It was amazing! It was better than Lou Mongello's description. (Does anybody else listen to WDW Radio?)

IMG_2367 dis.jpg
After lunch, we decided to head back to the pool. After about two hours at the pool, we decided to head back to the room, and get dressed for our dinner reservation at The Wave… of American Flavors, at The Contemporary. I decided to be very adventurous, and had the American Cheeseburger. It was very good.

the-wave-entrance.jpg

After dinner, we walked to MK. We had fast passes for 7DMT. Aunt Laura74, Monkston, Mickey, Merida, Wall-E, my dad, and I had all been on it before. We went on at 6:00 AM on May 24th, 2014, when MK was open for 24 hours. We got into the park, and it was very crowded. So crowded, that they let us backstage. Backstage! My tour guide mind was going crazy, along with my iPhone camera!

Here are VERY rare (and blurry) photos taken by ME BACKSTAGE!

IMG_2393.JPG
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2397.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg
IMG_2398.JPG

Last edited:

On the way, we saw so many lizard, gecko things!

Love seeing those guys.
Lets me know I'm in Florida.

We went to EPCOT for lunch, and I had Frushi. It was amazing! It was better than Lou Mongello's description. (Does anybody else listen to WDW Radio?

No, I don't listen to WDW Radio.
Can you describe that Frushi more?
What was all that? Was it sweetened rice? Or something completely different?

I decided to be very adventurous, and had the American Cheeseburger.

:laughing: I read the first half of that sentence and was like... Yes? Yes? :hyper:
And then.... oh.

How's this for proof?

Yup. That's night time.
5:46pm it is.

Can you describe that Frushi more?

It is strawberry, cantaloupe, and pineapple surrounded by sweetened rice, topped with coconut flakes, drizzled with raspberry sauce, with a side of whipped cream.

It is strawberry, cantaloupe, and pineapple surrounded by sweetened rice, topped with coconut flakes, drizzled with raspberry sauce, with a side of whipped cream.

I don't like coconut... but the rest sounds pretty darned good!

Part 4
(hopefully the last part)
I don't remember if Aunt Laura74 got to the 24 hour day, in the last TR, but there were no Disney obsessed people screaming HEIGH HO! After 7DMT, my mom, Sheena left, because she does not like being in the parks very late, and she had been up since 5:30. We stopped to watch Wishes! and I had the opportunity to take more blurry pictures. Here are the top 4.

IMG_2416.JPG
IMG_2447.JPG
IMG_2465.JPG
IMG_2449.JPG
After Wishes, we did BTM, but then Aunt Laura74, Jack Skellington, and Wall-E left us. It was then just Uncle Squid, Monkston, Mickey Merida, my dad, and I still in the park. We did PPF, because we had a fastpass, but did not get to see the new queue. We walked over to Adventureland to see what the POTC wait time was. It was 15 min., so we got in line. As we were standing in line, the time changed to 25 min., so we left. We decided we would do SM, (space, not splash) but we walked over and it was closed. But, as we were walking away, a kid came running and screaming towards SM.

"OH MY GOD SPACE MOUNTAIN IS OPEN! I AM SO HAPPY, IT IS NEVER OPEN WHEN I AM HERE, AND I ONLY GOT TO RIDE IT ONCE, AND IT WAS MY FAVORITE RIDE EVER! I AM SO HAPPY!"

You could imagine the look on his face when he found out it was closed.

We were all getting tired, so we decided to end the night with Uncle Squid's favorite attraction. Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. Don't get me wrong. I love COP! The AAs are great, and I love that it is one of the original Disney attraction from the 1964 World's Fair. But, you have to admit that it is getting a little long in the tooth. The carousel theater doesn't always move, and the cabinets don't always open, and the last two events are about 40 years apart. But other than that, it is a great show. After COP we headed back to The Boardwalk, and went to bed.

Sheena left, because she does not like being in the parks very late, and she had been up since 5:30.

5:30pm and she's tired already!

Here are the top 4.

I like 'em. Nice shots.

We did PPF, because we had a fastpass, but did not get to see the new queue.

Too bad. It's pretty good.
Not worth standing in line for an hour, though.

We walked over to Adventureland to see what the POTC wait time was. It was 15 min., so we got in line. As we were standing in line, the time changed to 25 min

Bait and switch!

"OH MY GOD SPACE MOUNTAIN IS OPEN! I AM SO HAPPY, IT IS NEVER OPEN WHEN I AM HERE, AND I ONLY GOT TO RIDE IT ONCE, AND IT WAS MY FAVORITE RIDE EVER! I AM SO HAPPY!"

You could imagine the look on his face when he found out it was closed.

:lmao: I know I shouldn't laugh, but... :rotfl:

But, you have to admit that it is getting a little long in the tooth.

I don't have to admit nothing!
I've only been on it two or three times... over almost 40 years. :rolleyes1

After COP we headed back to The Boardwalk, and went to bed.

Nighty night.
Thanks for all the posts! :goodvibes

Pkondz, I was reading your TR (very funny, by the way) and I didn't know you love HM too!

I'm very jealous of your MagicBand-It :)

My HM pin collection
IMG_0754 dis.jpg
IMG_0758 dis.jpg
IMG_0748 dis.jpg

(Insert Creative Title Here)
Part 1
Now, we are on Tuesday (I'll do Sunday next), and we finally spend a day in Magic Kingdom (I'm trying to use less abbreviations, to avoid confusing people) (and no, I don't mean avoid people that are confusing!) (or maybe try not to confuse any more people then I already have) We (everyone except the 74 family (does that work?)) had fastpasses for Splash Mountain. Because we spent time at the pool in the morning, we arrived at Magic Kingdom at 12:30, for a 12:00-1:00 fastpass! On the way to Splash Mountain we saw Aunt Laura74, Uncle Squid, and Monkston outside of the Main Street Emporium. They were on their way to me Tinker Bell, at 12:50, but we had to get to SM (I can't do this anymore!) We walked, not DWed, because my mom will not DW, past the CP, and went through Adventureland, to get to Splash. We finally arrived at 1:58 (I don't have any proof this time, pkondz) and got in line. This is my favorite attraction, for the building of the storyline when you are still in the queue. Not for the drop! (WDW does not have the biggest SM drop in the world. Tokyo Disneyland has the tallest, at 60 ft., compared to WDW, and DL's 52.5 ft. drop.)

DMK_SplashView.jpg
Hey, thats a nice viAAAAAAAAAAH

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 9.17.05 PM.png
Look who's finally scared on a ride. Looking at you Dad!
(I don't know those people in the last row)

After SM, we went to BTM for our second fastpass. How convenient! After BTM, Mickey and Merida went to SM (the other one), while Wall-E, my mom, dad, and I went to TSI. While my dad, Wall-E, and I went to Injun Joe's cave (I'll get you back for abandoning me in the middle!), my mom went to Aunt Polly's, which was closed. Has anybody ever seen it open? 8 years, and I've never seen that window open! (It's not the only one in WDW. Foreshadowing!) After TSI, we headed over to the Columbia Harbor House for lunch. I don't remember what I had, but I remember it being very good. Also, the benches were very uncomfortable! After lunch, we NDWed (non-Disney-walked) to Tommorowland, to use our third fast pass for the CO Speedway (by CO, I mean carbon monoxide). We were stuck behind the sslloowweesstt ddrriivveerr iinn hhiissttoorryy! For the first two seconds, we were in front of Mickey and Wall-E, but then we got stuck behind TSDIH, and we barely moved. We call it the CO Slowway now! Anyway, Mickey and Wall-E crossed the finish line about 8 minutes before us. :mad:

My dad and I got out and waited for Mickey and Wall-E, but they were nowhere to be found. We sat down, and waited for a while, and they eventually showed up. Maybe TSDIH changed lanes! After the CO Slowway, some of us had Mickey Bars :mickeybar, and others had frozen bananas. Mickey, Wall-E, Merida, and my mom, decided to head back to the pool. After only three attractions! So, my dad and I headed off towards the Walt Disney classic, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, which is probably in my top 5 favorite attractions!

Ahh, I can hear it now

"In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, where the birds sing words, and the flowers croon, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room"

Ahh, I can hear it now :)

Does anybody know how to post a picture on the DIS without lowering the resolution?
IMG_0305 dis.jpg
IMG_0303.jpeg
IMG_0303.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpeg
    IMG_0298.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 0

"How I fought it, but eventually learned to love acronyms"

Now, we are on Tuesday (I'll do Sunday next),

Dude, you have a very eclectic writing style.

(I'm trying to use less abbreviations, to avoid confusing people)

How's that working out for you???? :rolleyes1

(and no, I don't mean avoid people that are confusing!)

<phew> Thought I was being cut out there.

(or maybe try not to confuse any more people then I already have)

Too late!

but we had to get to SM (I can't do this anymore!)

:laughing: Well that didn't take long!

We finally arrived at 1:58 (I don't have any proof this time, pkondz)

And yet, oddly enough, I believe you this time.

Hey, thats a nice viAAAAAAAAAAH

:lmao:

Look who's finally scared on a ride. Looking at you Dad!

Oooohhhh.... Owned!

while Wall-E, my mom, dad, and I went to TSI.

Never been. Maybe next time... if I have more time.

the CO Speedway (by CO, I mean carbon monoxide).

:sad2: Really, really, time for an upgrade.

We call it the CO Slowway now!

Very apropos.

Mickey, Wall-E, Merida, and my mom, decided to head back to the pool. After only three attractions!

:sad2:

Does anybody know how to post a picture on the DIS without lowering the resolution?

No. I feed mine to photobucket, but Disboards scales to fit I believe.

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

I have yet to see the Tiki Room...may have to make that a priority next time! Sounds like a good morning though!!

Part 2
After ETR, my dad, and I headed back to The Boardwalk. Because we hate busses, we took the monorail. The monorail is a very good spot for picture taking. Here are a few of mine.

Cover your ears! "Imaaaaaagination"

EFAGF play area

One of my favorite shots of the week

More abandoned buildings (for now, anyway)

(insert creative caption here)

You make the world go 'round

As we walked through WS, we stopped and watched the Canadian Lumberjacks. The wdwmagic reviews made it seem like a bunch of Canadians, doing things with an axe. There were about a hundred people blocking our way, so we stopped to watch them. They were a bunch of Canadians, doing things with an axe. Not that exciting. (Maybe its exciting to Canadians. Pkondz?)

We left EPCOT to go back to our room, to find out we were going to EPCOT for dinner, to "eat around the world".

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you about Pat! As we were walking out of the International Gateway, I saw a CM standing at the gate. This one was unusually quiet, so I looked at her when we walked out. She looked half dead, half alive, and her face was gray. No exaggeration. Gray. She looked at me, and said

"Bye everybody."

No emotion, no smile, no wave, just bye everybody. I looked at my dad, who looked at me, and I started laughing. I continued to laugh until I was on the ground, curled up in a ball, laughing. I should have gotten a picture, or video or SOMETHING!

Oh, no one finds that vaguely amusing. I guess you had to have been there.

Anyway, I had read about a gourmet grilled cheese stand, with grilled cheeses that looked very good. It was (still is) at Test Track, and it was (still is) called Taste Track. My mom, dad, and I headed over to the Odyssey pavilion, and over to TT. Taste Track was . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

closed.

Noooo! I had been waiting months to have a gourmet grilled cheese from EPCOT, for it to be closed. :sad: So, we headed over to Sunshine Seasons to see what they had (have?).

Last year, I remember having something VERY, VERY good, but I sadly do not remember what it was, or what was in it. Mayo and ham come to mind though.

They did not have it this year, so I had a turkey sandwich, that was good. Just good, not VERY, VERY good, just good.

After dinner, we (by we, I mean my dad, Uncle Squid, and I) saw IROE, and I got some very good fireworks shots.

Here they are :)

One of my favorite shots of the week

I agree. Great shot!

(insert creative caption here)

Space... where you can lose the lunch you just had.

They were a bunch of Canadians, doing things with an axe. Not that exciting. (Maybe its exciting to Canadians. Pkondz?)

Meh. It takes some skill to do what they do, I'll admit that... but (IMHO) it's been done.

No emotion, no smile, no wave, just bye everybody. I looked at my dad, who looked at me, and I started laughing. I continued to laugh until I was on the ground, curled up in a ball, laughing. I should have gotten a picture, or video or SOMETHING!

I'm thinking they should've videoed you!
But pkondz is able to see into CM's minds...

"Bye everybody" oh my God, how many more years do "Bye everybody" I have to stand here and "Bye everybody" keep saying the same thing over "Bye everybody" and over and over and over and over "Bye everybody" and over again???!?!?!?!?!? <screams internally>

Anyway, I had read about a gourmet grilled cheese stand, with grilled cheeses that looked very good. It was (still is) at Test Track, and it was (still is) called Taste Track.

I never heard of it and certainly didn't see it... otherwise I probably would've tried that.

Interesting effects with the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter