LIVE REPORT! Watch My Hair Frizz In Real Time! Win a Prize!

laura74

DIS Veteran
Hello readers! (All 6 of you)

If you have followed either of my trip reports, you know that I have sadly not finished either of them. It's probably because of my perfectionist nature that I lose steam as my memory fades. This time I'm trying something different.

I'll tweet as the day goes along, posting observations and fuzzy iPhone photos. The next morning I'll post a more detailed wrap-up. You can follow me at @DisLaura74.

Also, I am totally stealing your idea, Ponzi. In a shameful grab for more comments and readers, I'll award 1 point per comment. Breakdowns earn 4 points. The reader with the most comments gets a gift that I'll bring back from the trip.

The same cast of characters from the last trip will be there. Look at that corny pose!

From left: Wall-E, Monkston, Merida, Me, Mickey, TGM, Jack Skellington, Mr. Squid, Sheena and Druid

We leave early tomorrow morning. The weather report does not look kind to curly hair.

If you have followed either of my trip reports, you know that I have sadly not finished either of them.

Oh really? I hadn't noticed.

ahem.

It's probably because of my perfectionist nature that I lose steam as my memory fades.

Memory fades to what?

Also, I am totally stealing your idea, Ponzi.

Oh, great! I knew I should've gotten the patent done on it!

Uh.... Which idea?

The reader with the most comments gets a gift that I'll bring back from the trip.

Oh! That one!

It'll never fly, Orville.

The same cast of characters from the last trip will be there. Look at that corny pose!

Actually, I really like that pose!

The weather report does not look kind to curly hair.

<gasp> No! Not that! Anything but that!!! :faint:

Why look at that, Pkondzi is on the board with 4 points right out of the gate. I still haven't earned any points over on his TR (that I've seen, I'm still 3 pages behind everyone else).

Nice photo, probably one of the last in front of Mickey's Magic hat. Have to question why Jack Skellington is a girl - new moniker required. With the red hair she could be Merida II (since Merida is already taken in the group). Or maybe Jesssica Rabbit, she's a classic ginger...

Did I mention how great your hair looks in the pic (bucking for bonus points already).

BTW Pkondzi, do you think she'll pay to shop all the way up to Canada?

(2 points)

Oh yeah, have a great trip everyone!!!

(3 points, and if I get that bonus for flattery, pkondzi and I might be tied already....) :P

Flattery will get you... everywhere.

Did I mention how nice your hair looks in that photo, Laura?
(And unlike some people.... my hair comment is sincere!)

I still haven't earned any points over on his TR (that I've seen, I'm still 3 pages behind everyone else).

Look again.

BTW Pkondzi, do you think she'll pay to shop all the way up to Canada?

Why not? I'm willing to ship to the US... or the UK.
I'm sure Laura, awesome person that she is, would do no less.

Laura, if you don't like two men fighting over you, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hi Kathy! Thanks for joining in.

Montague, last trip report I just nicknamed all of them by their avatars and Jack Skellington was hers. Maybe I should call her Jackie. Not sure what color her hair will be this trip.

If you two keep this up it looks like I'll definitely be shipping the prize to Canada!

Here! 4 points for breakdance? I don't think I can - maybe lay on the floor and wiggle like a worm counts? Oh! BreakDOWN you said???? I can't even figure out how to multi quote so I'll defer to Ponzi but I'm looking forward to following you - I'll even put twitter on my phone since I discovered I am still registered. It will be fun to follow along - it will help pass the time until we leave in 13 days!

That has to be the brightest suitcase I've ever seen!

See, I'm confused already. Do we post replies here and get points, or reply on the Twit where the photos are flowing...

So far it is a fascinating photo essay. We flew, we ate, we ate some more... You're a hungry lot, I'll give you that!

Monkston's growing like a weed Laura - watch out! They grow so fast! Mine just finished her last exam of year 1 today. One more year and I'll be kicki.... er... waving goodbye as she departs for a career (what? I can hope?)

Do we post replies here and get points, or reply on the Twit where the photos are flowing...

Facebook.

Monkston's growing like a weed Laura - watch out! They grow so fast!

I was going to comment on that as well.
I think last time you posted a photo of her, she was this little kid.
Now she's a lovely young lady.

Good morning from the vanity area of room 5065 at The Boardwalk! I'm going to recap our day yesterday. if you want to see photos from yesterday go to twitter.com and search for @DisLaura74. Forgive the probable typos and sloppiness. i'm typing this on my iPad.

Yesterday I was up before 4 am. Actually it was more like 3:30. I lied. It was really more like 3:15 but that sounds much crazier than before 4. We didn't need to leave the house until 6 but I am neurotic.

Our puppy Kevin was brought to the kennel the day before so not having to feed him and take him out a few times made getting ready a bit easier. I double checked my bag several times and added a few things that will probably turn out to be nonessential. I always pack as if we are vacationing in the backwoods with no access to things like stores.

I had also ordered an Amazon pantry box. But I ordered it too late and probably forgot to check weekend delivery because it won't arrive at our resort until Tuesday. We will be eating a lot of chips in 5 days. If you have ever ordered one of these things it is an exercise in frustration.

Enough about all this prep stuff. We left the house at about 5:50 for our approximately 15 minute ride to our tiny third world airport. Upon arrival we see that all the good parking lots are full. The attendant tells us we have to go to the North Lot which is a mile up the road and take the shuttle back. Squid decides to drop us and the luggage off in front first. He's worried about doing that because there are no parking signs everywhere and about 5 policemen standing at the entrance. But we're rebels so we do it anyway.

He unloaded all of us and drove off. It's now about 6:15. We need to have our bags checked by 6:45. I don't know what happens after 6:45 but I don't want to find out.

We sat on the bench surrounded by all of our lime green luggage and waited. At 6:25 we saw the shuttle bus approaching. Good. Moments to spare. But Squid was not on that bus. He was probably busy battening down his car to guard against theft. The shuttle bus leaves.

And then we saw Squid drive by. Oh my God!

"He can't find the parking lot!," I said.

"Mom! Stop panicking!"

"I know! But we might be L word, you know, LATE!"

I texted Sheena and they weren't even at the airport yet so that made me feel a little better. She would never panic like this.

At 6:35 the shuttle approached again.

"He better be on it!"

"Mom!"

The shuttle arrived and luckily Mr. Squid was on it. We went to the short bag check line and I was amazed the my bag was not over 50 pounds.

OMG. I haven't even gotten us into the air yet. How am I going to finish this thing?

We went t the first security checkpoint where we met the friendliest TSA agent ever! He said, "Have a great time at Disney I mean Florida! i always worry that some poor kid is going to be going to Orlando to visit grandparents and I'm mentioning Disney!" We joked with him for a bit and moved on to the scanner.

We dutifully took off our shoes, etc and Monkston went through the scanner or whatever it's called with no trouble. I walk through and the thing start beeping! I am not wearing any jewelry and do not have any metallic body parts. What the heck?

"Maam, you've been selected for a random patdown!"

Well, this is interesting. It turned out to be not much of an ordeal and at least it's something I can claim to have experienced, not having been the suspect of any crimes.

After sitting down we saw that Sheena is spending a lot of time with a TSA agent and later found out that she was picked for a random strip search. Druid joked that at least we weren't chosen for a body cavity search!

Our flight was uneventful. We had a bit of turbulence but we made it to Orlando in two hours.

Sheena went to the one place in the entire airport and Disney World that sells her beloved Diet Pepsi and stocked up. I steered her wrong about how long amazon pantry takes to so her diet Pepsi and water will arrive midweek also.

We made our way to Magical Express where we herded liked cattle into very long, twisting queues. I have never seen it this crowded before.

Mickey and his family were even further back in the line than us. It would be a while before we get to the hotel.

About a half hour later we got on the bus. Sheena somehow finagled her way to get a front seat that had had a reserved sign on it.

There is a new DME movie and it feels even more commercially than the previous one. I'm not sure I like the host of this one.

The first stop was Carribbean Beach and after people staying there got off the bus the couple across from Sheena suddenly decided to get off too. She said they wanted to go to a bar there. I found that an interesting destination for a late morning drink. Why not go to the Boardwalk where there are many more options? Or Epcot?

Our stop was next. We were lead to online checkin and met Greg who would be helping us.

"Hi Greg. Are you going to hook us up with a great room? We haven't had much luck lately and I think it's because we are dvc members so you don't have to impress us anymore."

"Oh, I am sure that's not the case! Let me see what I can do for you."

He showed us a room all the way down the long hall with a view of the quiet pool.

"Do you have anything closer to the lobby? We did that walk last year."

He got on the phone with room assignment manager and showed us another location on the map. Fifth floor with a partial view of the Boardwalk. He said it was almost like being upgraded to boardwalk view. A sneaky upgrade! We'll take it ,

It turned out that Sheena and Druid's room was amazing. The Inn rooms are huge and this was freshly renovated.

They are on the first floor and outside their room in the courtyard a man in a nice suit was standing very still. They told me he was out there for a while. In fact Druid inadvertently mooned him while changing into shorts. I thought he looked like a groom waiting for his bride. There wasn't an audience or a pastor though so who knows what he was doing. It turns out that we later saw him in the gazebo getting married.

We head over to Epcot for lunch. Some of us opted for lunch in France. I think some of us were more interested in the desserts.

I had some trouble finding something for Monkston. All the sandwiches are premade and have some sort of sauce. I opted for the ham and cheese with bechemal on a croissant for her and Brie, apples and cranberry sauce on multigrain for me. They really should have put that on baguette. I also got Monkston the package of five macarons. She is on a macaron kick lately.

I would say lunch was pretty good. I wish I had ordered croque Monsieur but it was an ok sandwich. Since Mickey is on dining plan I got to try a bite of his pastry which was a nice bonus.

Monkston wanted to shop in Japan so we went over there where she oohed and aaahed over all the cute stuffed animals. She decided not to spend $60 on one animal though and instead got some stickers, chopsticks and some little trinket that I have no idea what it was.

We headed back to swim since Monkston only had long pants and long sleeved shirt on and was roasting. I had forgotten to put shirts in carry on. Bad mom!

So far the weather was holding up. We found a table and some loungers by the kid pool and settled in. Some of us may have had a delicious margarita.

I got a text at 4 that our room was ready so I headed up to get unpacked. But there were no bags to unpack. I had to call bell services to bring them which is annoying because now I have to tip rather than have them magically appear.

The view is amazing though. We have a great view of Crescent Lake.

Will finish this up later.

Great TR so far!! I know how you feel about pre-made sandwiches and sauce...we have that problem too. Glad it turned out ok. Also that's great that you ended up with a better room. I guess it can never hurt to ask!

Where was I? Oh yes, we finally got a good view. I hope that my fear of heights won’t stop me from sitting on the balcony to enjoy it.

After putting away all of our things we got ready for dinner at The Wave. Getting ready for me means trying to do something with the frizzy mess that my hair became in the humidity. Sheena would tell me, who cares but she does not have such issues.

We decided the fastest way to get there was to take the bus to Magic Kingdom and walk. Some of the others went to Epcot to ride a ride and take two monorails over. They got there earlier than we did but they also set out earlier.

The Wave has become a traditional first night dinner with us. Every year we go, Sheena looks forward to ordering the sustainable fish with edamame stew. She said she didn’t even have to look at the menu. But she did. And there was much disappointment. It’s no longer on the menu.

The big entrée winner of the night was the steak which was incredibly tender. My chicken was good and Sheena enjoyed her appetizers and especially her salad. Jack said her swordfish was delicious. Monkston has been expanding her palette recently and had the black bean chili as her entrée.

We walked over to Magic Kingdom to use our FP+ at mine train. Squid was a little nervous even though he rode it last year. He couldn’t remember if he liked it or not. He decided to be brave and ride anyway.

I taunted him by keeping my hands up in the air while he whined like a little girl. This is so much better in the dark. You can actually see the cottage scene at the end.

After that, we rode Haunted Mansion and stopped to watch Wishes in Liberty Square before heading over to BTM. I miss seeing Wishes in front of the castle but there was no way for us to get in front last night. Oh well. It was still good even from that angle,

When we got to BRM, Squid asked if it was as scary as mine train. (I know.) I said no, but Monkston told him it was scarier. I said he just go anyway because he has ridden it before. It was so much fun but he didn’t like it one bit.

We went over to Peter Pan to use another FP+. After that, Jack, Wall-E and decided to call it a night. It was after 11 and I had been up since God o’clock.

Good morning from the vanity area of room 5065 at The Boardwalk!

Nice! Usually, in my room it's not a vanity area, it's a grumpy old man area.

Yesterday I was up before 4 am. Actually it was more like 3:30. I lied. It was really more like 3:15 but that sounds much crazier than before 4.

Actually... Yes. Yes it does.

We didn't need to leave the house until 6 but I am neurotic.

Yes.

That is all.

I double checked my bag several times and added a few things that will probably turn out to be nonessential.

So you packed snowshoes, but not dvc and tables in wonderland cards.

I always pack as if we are vacationing in the backwoods with no access to things like stores.

:laughing: It took me a while to get out of that habit.
"If I need Tylenol, I'll just buy it!"

I had also ordered an Amazon pantry box.

Never heard of that, so I took a quick Google.
If you'd picked the right delivery time, would you say it was worthwhile?

If you have ever ordered one of these things it is an exercise in frustration.

Hmmmm.... Not exactly a glowing recommendation.

He's worried about doing that because there are no parking signs everywhere and about 5 policemen standing at the entrance. But we're rebels so we do it anyway.

Some of us were shot, the rest arrested.

I don't know what happens after 6:45 but I don't want to find out.

There's massive eye rolling and exceptionally loud sighs.

We sat on the bench surrounded by all of our lime green luggage and waited.

I've seen that luggage.
Did you have a crowd of people pointing at you and making comments?

And then we saw Squid drive by. Oh my God!

"He can't find the parking lot!," I said.

"Mom! Stop panicking!"

:laughing:

I texted Sheena and they weren't even at the airport yet so that made me feel a little better. She would never panic like this.

She wouldn't necessarily be on time... but she wouldn't panic.

OMG. I haven't even gotten us into the air yet. How am I going to finish this thing?

:laughing: Yes, how could you possibly take this long just to get started.

:rolleyes2

i always worry that some poor kid is going to be going to Orlando to visit grandparents and I'm mentioning Disney!

He would know when the kid bursts into tears.

"Maam, you've been selected for a random patdown!"

Yay!

Wait.
That's not really a prize, is it.

After sitting down we saw that Sheena is spending a lot of time with a TSA agent and later found out that she was picked for a random strip search.

Really! I didn't know they did that!

We made our way to Magical Express where we herded liked cattle into very long, twisting queues. I have never seen it this crowded before.

Next time, show up at midnight.
Trust me on this.

There is a new DME movie and it feels even more commercially than the previous one. I'm not sure I like the host of this one.

You mean the annoying bus driver dude?

And did you catch how they gave away the Beverly secret?

A sneaky upgrade! We'll take it ,

Sneaky upgrades are the best kind.

In fact Druid inadvertently mooned him while changing into shorts.

I thought he looked like a groom waiting for his bride. There wasn't an audience or a pastor though so who knows what he was doing. It turns out that we later saw him in the gazebo getting married.

He was probably panicking and in a cold sweat.
"What am I doing? But I love her! I do, right? What am I doing? I'm trying to run, but my feet won't move!"

I think some of us were more interested in the desserts.

They have other than desserts there???

Brie, apples and cranberry sauce on multigrain for me.

Oh! So that's what that was!
It looked good.

I also got Monkston the package of five macarons. She is on a macaron kick lately.

1.) So is my youngest DD.
2.) Thank you for not calling them macaroons! :sad2:

She decided not to spend $60 on one animal

$60?!?
For a $4 animal???? :faint:

Some of us may have had a delicious margarita.

:laughing: I wonder who that could have been.

I had to call bell services to bring them which is annoying because now I have to tip rather than have them magically appear.

Oh, well.
Could be worse.
"I'm sorry, but we seem to have lost your luggage. It seems that someone was blinded by them and that's the last time anyone looked at them."

Where was I?

Disney.
Still are.

I hope that my fear of heights won’t stop me from sitting on the balcony to enjoy it.

Think of it as just going outside to sit on the patio.

Every year we go, Sheena looks forward to ordering the sustainable fish with edamame stew. She said she didn’t even have to look at the menu. But she did. And there was much disappointment. It’s no longer on the menu.

She did look a little down, there.

I taunted him by keeping my hands up in the air while he whined like a little girl.

:lmao: :rotfl: OMG! That's hysterical!
If this was my TR, you'd get bonus points for that.

This is so much better in the dark. You can actually see the cottage scene at the end.

I rode it in the morning and didn't have any trouble seeing it.
Maybe the sun wasn't high enough yet to make it hard to see.

After that, we rode Haunted Mansion

Ah. There it is.
I could stop reading now.

But I won't.

I miss seeing Wishes in front of the castle but there was no way for us to get in front last night.

Will you have another chance later?
Because if you do, think of it as just another angle to see it.

When we got to BRM, Squid asked if it was as scary as mine train. (I know.) I said no, but Monkston told him it was scarier. I said he just go anyway because he has ridden it before. It was so much fun but he didn’t like it one bit.

We went over to Peter Pan to use another FP+.

Good FP+ choice. Did you happen to notice what the wait time for standby was?

After that, Jack, Wall-E and decided to call it a night. It was after 11 and I had been up since God o’clock.

Looooong day. Been there too.
Thanks for taking the time to write this! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter