• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from WDW, Nicki & Todd do the F&W and 10 days worth of food!!!

The Amarula is wonderful, as I type this I am sipping on one right now! I will have to check our local store and get me some!

I am sure that yours will -- we live in a small rural town, so if we have it, I am sure that you will, too.

I just read your description of the filet to my DH -- he is a sucker for a good filet. I wanted to try Jiko before, but now I really want to try it!

Looking forward to your experience at Food and Wine tomorrow! :goodvibes

Wow. what wonderful reviews. I am heading to disney this week and will be eating at several places you visited. Super information.

Happy Birthday! party:

PASTRIES

BirthdayTrip08Sunday090.jpg

I love pastries and could eat all of them! But why isn't there a microwave to warm them up? Bread is not meant to be eaten cold. :headache:

Great reviews. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear what you had at F & W. Hopefully we can make it out there one night this week. ;)

Glad you had an awesome birthday dinner! That steak looks so devine! :lovestruc

Happy birthday!

Man, now I really want to go to Jiko! Not that I didn't before, but now I REALLY WANT TO GO TO JIKO!!! Time to reconsider the Deluxe DDP. Dagnabit!

Everything looked good, the bread and dips, the salad (and I don't even like salad!) and that filet...OMG. I have no words.

You said there weren't kids there. Do you think kids could handle it? Was the meal really super-slow paced?

I'll be waiting (and sweating and worrying :scared: ) that he likes it. I hate recommending places because everyone's taste is so different. But you've convinced me to try two new places next year--Spoodles and Boma (breakfast). And now you have me looking at Jiko. DH is ready to kill me and we don't go for 11 months yet and I've already changed places three times! :rotfl2: I told him it was your fault--hope you don't mind. ;)

I am sure DH will love Fultons, he cannot wait! Babe you have 11 months to go, do you know how many times I can change my mind in 11 months?! :rotfl:

Happy birthday Nicki - your dinner sounded wonderful!
Unfortunately we won't be running into you this year, we're going to have to cancel our trip :( and postpone til a date yet to be determined. DH's ankle is just too bad for him to make the trip and really enjoy it.
So, enjoy the F&WF and Fulton's for us! (PS - have a Mai Tai at Fulton's, they are the BEST!)

Oh no thats terrible! I hope your husband makes a speedy recovery and is not in pain! I will have 2 mai tai's, one for me and one for you!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: I'm SOOOO glad you enjoyed JIKO as much as we did!! Honestly no other signature restaurant can compare!:thumbsup2

You are so right about that! Wow I want to cancel something and go back again!

OMG, your dinner looked so good. I dont even like macaroni and cheese but that picture and your description made me want to try it. :goodvibes

Hoping you'll try the cheese place, greece and Louisiana at the F&W festival so I can see pics. Oohh and sushi at japan and shrimp at Australia oh I guess just about everything :yay:

We went to Epcot on Sat night and DH spied the cheese stand on the way out, he said he is for sure going to try that first off!

I am sure that yours will -- we live in a small rural town, so if we have it, I am sure that you will, too.

I just read your description of the filet to my DH -- he is a sucker for a good filet. I wanted to try Jiko before, but now I really want to try it!

Looking forward to your experience at Food and Wine tomorrow! :goodvibes

He will love the filet, it was just perfect!

Wow. what wonderful reviews. I am heading to disney this week and will be eating at several places you visited. Super information.

Have a fantastic time!

Happy Birthday! party:

I love pastries and could eat all of them! But why isn't there a microwave to warm them up? Bread is not meant to be eaten cold. :headache:

Great reviews. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear what you had at F & W. Hopefully we can make it out there one night this week. ;)

I know I saw a toaster but I dont think I saw a microwave...I will have to double check this morning as that is where I am headed right now, I am starved!

Glad you had an awesome birthday dinner! That steak looks so devine! :lovestruc

Happy birthday!

Thank you!

Man, now I really want to go to Jiko! Not that I didn't before, but now I REALLY WANT TO GO TO JIKO!!! Time to reconsider the Deluxe DDP. Dagnabit!

Everything looked good, the bread and dips, the salad (and I don't even like salad!) and that filet...OMG. I have no words.

You said there weren't kids there. Do you think kids could handle it? Was the meal really super-slow paced?

You have got to try Jiko, LOVE at first bite!

Yes I think kids can handle it, they have a huge basket of crayons and coloring books at the front desk. It was a nice and quiet and very slow paced dinner but that is how we wanted it, we told our server no rush on anything and that is how she served us, came over to check on us and make sure we were ok but nothing was rushed out and we did not feel like we had to rush and eat our appies before dinner came out etc.

Thanks for the latest reviews. You influenced our dining choices with your trip last April.

We also tried BOMA in August & didn't love it either. I thought maybe it was b/c it was our last night & we were just bummed about going home or the 4th day in a row of rain (TS Fay). I guess that's why there are so many different restaurants in WDW. It was good & I was glad to visit the AKL, but we probably wouldn't return. I thought everything tasted very similiar...had the same spices.

Looking forward to your next installment.

Wow, Jiko sounds and looks wonderful. It's on my list for when we go back again in 2010. Thanks again for the reports!!:worship:

Wow! Jiko looks great! It's too bad we can't try it this year, maybe next year! (BTW...43 more hours til we leave on the plane! LOL!)

Can't wait to hear about Fultons...

I hope your hours go by very quickly! If you find great coffee please let me know!

http://minutebyminuteguide.blogspot.com/2008/04/worst-coffee-ever-quest-four-finis.html

This is the best article I've found about WDW coffee. You sort of have to read it backwards. It's 4 parts, above is the link to part 4. At the bottom she lists all the fresh brewed coffee locations in WDW.

This trip I'll be bringing my own Farberware Electric Perc Coffee pot and some fresh ground coffee beans. I just can't do another vacation without GOOD coffee!

I have heard that the Dolphin serves Starbucks coffee, haven't been there to check it out for myself.

Thanks for the latest reviews. You influenced our dining choices with your trip last April.

We also tried BOMA in August & didn't love it either. I thought maybe it was b/c it was our last night & we were just bummed about going home or the 4th day in a row of rain (TS Fay). I guess that's why there are so many different restaurants in WDW. It was good & I was glad to visit the AKL, but we probably wouldn't return. I thought everything tasted very similiar...had the same spices.

Looking forward to your next installment.

Glad I am not the only one that isnt loving on Boma! Everything tasted like a spicy cinnamon, I want my entrees NOT to taste like my dessert!

Wow, Jiko sounds and looks wonderful. It's on my list for when we go back again in 2010. Thanks again for the reports!!:worship:

Thanks for reading! All DH is talking about today is last nights dinner!

Wow! Jiko looks great! It's too bad we can't try it this year, maybe next year! (BTW...43 more hours til we leave on the plane! LOL!)

Can't wait to hear about Fultons...

Hurry up and get her girl!

http://minutebyminuteguide.blogspot.com/2008/04/worst-coffee-ever-quest-four-finis.html

This is the best article I've found about WDW coffee. You sort of have to read it backwards. It's 4 parts, above is the link to part 4. At the bottom she lists all the fresh brewed coffee locations in WDW.

This trip I'll be bringing my own Farberware Electric Perc Coffee pot and some fresh ground coffee beans. I just can't do another vacation without GOOD coffee!

I have heard that the Dolphin serves Starbucks coffee, haven't been there to check it out for myself.

Thank you for the link. Can you believe the CL loung cappuccino machine has been broken since yesterday at 3pm?! I am not a happy girl right now!

Great TR so far! Yummy....I am so hungry now!

Thank you! Posting breakfast and lunch now and later tonight Fulton's dinner!

Just stopped back to the room for a nap and a shower, um nap for DH because I am too AWAKE to sleep! Beautiful day today, 63 this morning, plenty of sunshine and a high of 83.

We went upstairs to the CL lounge for breakfast. Not many up there at all, maybe 10 other people total. DH had oatmeal but is bummed out that there are no raisins to add to it. He also had a cinnamon raisin bagel and fruit, coffiee and OJ.

FWMonday021.jpg

FWMonday020.jpg

FWMonday018.jpg

FWMonday019.jpg

He loved it all and things CL is the best thing ever!

I had a croissant and chocolate croissant and some of the fruit that DH had....all was very very good. I just had Evian to drink.

FWMonday006.jpg

After a nice breakfast it was over to Epcot to get down with the F&W. The bus was at the stop waiting for us (the wait time for the buses is nothing, we are timing it just right and have not waited for one yet).

We arrived at Epcot around 10am and the lines to enter the park were very long but once inside the park it was pretty tame. We grabbed FP for Soarin and headed to the countries.

First up was the Mouse Catch...DH loves cheese so he was very excited to try the sampler plate. From mild to strong it was Asiago, Manchego and Dorothea. He was in heaven, the slices were very large so he did share (but he really didnt want to!) and they gave him a few crackers too. He loves it and wants to get it again this week.

FWMonday025.jpg

Then it was over to Mexico for the Chilaquiles. Nice and spicy, super cheesy and just delish! Loved it!

FWMonday026.jpg

In Vienna we had the Tafelspitz which is boiled brisket and a boiled potato with a horseradish cream sauce. This was amazing, the brisket was super tender, the sauce was very calm and did not have that heavy bite to it that horseradish can have and the 2 large potato pieces were great. We had to fight over it!

FWMonday027.jpg

Then a pit stop in China for a drink. I love the peach schnapps oolong frozen tea! It is so refreshing and not too sweet.

FWMonday002.jpg

Next stop was Germany, DHs favorite as he is 100% German! We had the Spaetzel with Creamy Mushroom ragout and the sausage with kraut in a pretzel roll. Both were fantasic! ***WARNING, BRENDA! I know you detest mushrooms so look away, just look away!

FWMonday004.jpg

FWMonday003.jpg

Over to Louisiana for our first shot at crawfish. We shared the etouffee and it was very good, loaded with crawfish and had a nice spice to it, we both enjoyed it a lot but it was a bit on the salty side for me. Look at all those mini bottles of Tabasco!

FWMonday005.jpg

FWMonday009.jpg

That was it for the F&W booths for today, we were pretty full but still needed something sweet so we went over to Norway and shared a glazed pretzel. To me it tasted like the old school bread, yeasty with a glaze, it was ok for me but DH really liked it. He would get it again but not me.....just nothing that special I guess

FWMonday011.jpg

Here is a pic of the new schoolbread, about half the size and has caramel and toasted and untoasted coconut on it. DH wants to try it later this week.

FWMonday010.jpg

So we made our trek back to the resort, headed to the lounge for a drink and and DH wanted a snack.

FWMonday016.jpg

FWMonday007.jpg

FWMonday008.jpg

FWMonday015.jpg

FWMonday012.jpg

FWMonday013.jpg

FWMonday014.jpg

FWMonday022.jpg

FWMonday023.jpg

FWMonday001.jpg

Going to go hop in the shower and get ready for our yummy dinner at Fultons and some shopping at DTD. See you guys later!

First of all, I'm going to save my money so I can do CL at AKV next time! Just like Charleston Princess, right CP?

Is that pretzel from Norway different than it used to be, or do they have a different one with almonds on it? Were there were raisins in it? I can't remember. It may have been you that told me last time, too! :rotfl2:

That school bread just does not look appealing to me anymore. :mad: It just looks burned, and I don't care for caramel. I guess I can cross that off my list.

Sounds like a great day (except for the broken cappucino machine :sad1: ) The brisket in Vienna sounded really good popcorn::

Thanks for the answers on the Jiko filet and mac & cheese. DS is only 11 1/2, but he loves :love: filet. He was very happy to hear the wine sauce could be served on the side and thinks the mac & cheese sounds really good. I think I've created a monster :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about Fulton's, I've never been there :guilty: Have a great night and feel free to have a mai tai for me :drinking:

What are the hours for the CL.. is it all day or just certain times... ?

At night they seemed to have liquor.. I am a wine girl.. any wine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter