Live from WDW for 9 days, the Nicki and Todd dining review with a ton of PICS!!!!

Your Boma breakfast sounds lovely and the selection looked huge!

I MUST get one of those ice cream sandwiches next trip they look amazing :goodvibes

Great reviews and pictures! Thanks so much for taking the time during your vacation to share with us.:goodvibes

It is so exciting that you are there now and sharing all of these great pics and fun reports with us! Hope you are having a great day!! Can't wait to read about Ohana!!! :goodvibes

Great Reviews! I just made ADRs this morning and hadn't planned on Boma's for breakfast. Since we are staying at AKV, might have to squeeze this one in!

Your reviews are great and make me really really miss staying at AKL since one of the best parts was the breakfast buffett. We are not fans of the diner (flame protection on) but do so love the breakfast.

Great pics and reviews. Boma is awesome for b'fast. My ds 10 has already requested to return this year( his other request is Kona). Last year, we only went because I wanted my dh to see AKL - he missed that trip. Now we are going back for the food.

Looking forward to more.

Loving your live report. Thanks for taking the time out to post these pictures! Enjoy your vacation!

- disney0210

Nicki, you're the only one that I "know" that is reporting live right now. Have you noticed a speed issue when you're using the internet?

if you get a chance could you check out/reply to this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1764186

Thanks! Can't wait for the next update hope you're having a great time! :goodvibes

Hey there ChelleinNC, not internet issues at all, works fantastic and super quick, better than my wireless at home. Cost is $10 a day and the ethernet cable is in the room for you.

Hi Nicki! Yes, we just recently decided that we could swing another October trip this year - we'll be staying at SSR October 8-17. We should try to meet up for a drink ... unless we end up at Boma for breakfast on the same day! :rotfl2:

I can't wait to hear what you think of afternoon tea - I hope you have a wonderful wonderful time! :goodvibes

BTW - I love that glass your DH's pina colada was served in. I think I would have been tempted to steal it ... :rotfl2:

Bummer, we will be passing each other...we will be there 10/18 to 10/26...

Oh and BTW I wanted a glass so bad the bartender saw me coveting it, he said they are for sale at the gift shop :thumbsup2 Probably costs twice as much as the drink itself!

Thank you guys for all your great feedback and comments. We just got back in from another fab day and I am uploading my pics for the day, including OHANA, did we love it or hate it...here is a clue for ya, we had to waddle out of there!

Stay tuned!

So this morning was breakfast at Olivia's. What a cute funky little place. We were 10 minutes late but they sat us right away, it wasnt that busy. The people that work here are the friendliest that we have ever met...very informative on the menu...a big WELCOME HOME when you walk in the front door.

There was a coloring contest going on, a sweet little boy from London got to ring the dinner bell, get his award and show everyone the picture of Lightening McQueen that he colored, it was so cute.

We both had coffee, it wasnt that bad..better than most places thats for sure. DH had OJ, he said it tasted fresh squeezed. I had water that tasted like chlorhine...def tap water here.

We decided to share a fruit cup. The best fruit ever is on WDW property, very ripe and fresh.

Disney001-1.jpg

I ordered the breakfast platter with scrambled eggs, white toast, sausage and the hash brown casserole. It is potatoes with leeks, celery and 3 kinds of cheese...FANTABULOUS! Super creamy and crunchy too (bits from the outside of the pan I reckon). Great stuff!

Disney002-2.jpg

DH ordered the chocolate mango french toast with ham and the berry compote on the side. The ham was great, not salty and very tender. The berry compote was raspberries, blueberries and strawberries and it was great to eat by itself. The toast was a bread with dark chocolate chips and dried mango baked into it, sliced and prepared like french toast. It was awesome and when you got a bite of that dark chocolate it was the best thing ever. We will for sure order this again, might look like a small portion but it is very dense and somewhat rich.

Disney003-2.jpg

Total price with DDE was $33.18.

We left Olivia's full not not stuffed and went to MGM which was packed to the gills so we walked to Epcot and hung out there all day. We did not do lunch because we knew we would be eating a big meal tonight so we shared a popcorn and a Mango Green Tea Slushie from the Joy of Tea in China. It was so refreshing and delish...not overly sweet at all.

Disney007-2.jpg

Disney005-2.jpg

Now, for the moment you have all been waiting for, pics and reviews of Ohana! DH and I have never been and when we watched the WDW planning DVD he spied the fire pit and said where is that?? Lets eat there! Now the dude has selective memory because when we stayed at the Poly in Oct and I was planning dinners I asked him if he wanted to eat there and he said no, he did not care for the menu. Now all of a sudden it is MY FAULT that he has never dined there. SOOOO I booked a table for 6:30 and promised myself we would not cancel it. Then the menu change took place and I was even more excited to eat there.

We left Epcot and arrived at the Poly at 5:15 and we checked in quickly. The CM said that we would probably have to wait because there were sold out and we said fine, get some pina coladas from the Tambu Lounge and chill in a nice soft sofa. Now I forgot to take pics but here is a pic from yesterday, they look and taste the same, wonderful!

Disney028.jpg

The upstairs lobby was pretty quiet when we arrived but as the time went by it got crazier and crazier, but all is ok because we have a ressie and will be seated soon right? Wrong...we were seated 30 minutes past our ADR time, but so wasnt everyone else. But that is ok because we are going to eat at OHANA!

We are seated at a 4 top table by the windows, what a fantastic setting and atmosphere. Beautiful place. We were lead past the fire pit and the hostess picked up our bread and lead us to our table. Our server was Rosa, she was incredible, checked in on us often, brought us ice tea refills without asking, made sure we had seconds if we wanted it. We were not rushed at all, in fact she told us to relax and pace ourselves!

The bread was like a ciabatta bread consistancy with coconut and pineapple in it. You could smell the coconut but not taste it at all. We each had a small piece, didnt want to fill up on bread!

Disney008-2.jpg

Rosa asked if we wanted anything from the bar to go along with our dinner (since our pina coladas were long gone we said HECK YA!) We each ordered a Sunken Treasure. It has midori, coconut rum, fruit juices and Sprite. The best drink ever because it is the most dangerous....you cannot taste the alcohol and they go down smooth! :laughing:

Disney015-2.jpg

The salad was brought out right away. It was great, nice fresh, crisp greens with a sweet lime dressing, very good and we killed off the bowl in no time.

Disney009-2.jpg

The dipping sauces were peanut (the best out of the 3 and we had to get a refill on it), sweet and sour (tasted like a sweet ketchup) and chimichurri (basil and cumin flavor).

Disney010-2.jpg

We were waiting and waiting for the wings (DH is a wing lover) and the potstickers and the tables on either side of us got theirs (and they were seated after us) and when Rosa noticed that (her assistant gave the other tables the food) she made sure we had our items asap, apologized to us and said she would personally serve us for the rest of the night, not her assistant.

The wings were huge and very good but DH prefers the wings from Kona...they are sweeter and have a zip from the mustard. I loved the wings and the nutty taste the white and black sesame seeds gave them.

Disney016-2.jpg

The potstickers rock, let me tell ya they were cooked perfectly, not too crispy and were great dipped into the peanut sauce even though they had a sweet and sour glaze drizzled on the top.

Disney017-1.jpg

I had asked Rosa if I could get the Lo Mein noodles without the pineapple, she went to check with the chef and the answer was no, I can get plain noodles but not ones without just pineapple. Ok no prob bring on the regular noodles. They were very good and did not taste sweet at all. More like a soy sauce flavor with green and red peppers and very little pineapple and peanut sauce. They were very good and even DH liked them...he is not a huge noodle fan.

Disney018-2.jpg

The best for me was the veggies...I know I am a weirdo but the broccoli and pea pods with alot of garlic are right up my alley. They were cooked perfect and had a killer flavor.

Disney019-2.jpg

The turkey and the pork was next and both were very tender but to DH they tasted the same, to me I prefer the pork, it was melt in your mouth tender and dipped into the peanut sauce was to die for. (Turkey on the left and pork on the right).

Disney020-1.jpg

The steak was phenomenal....super tender and coated with a garlic butter that was so great with the steak....I was able to get a medium piece while DH had a few well done ones.

Disney021.jpg

And next was the peel and eat shrimp and to be honest I was afraid of this one as I have never peeled my own shrimp before. They were huge, and spicy and I LOVE THEM! Easy to peel by pulling off the tale and use the knife to peel...great stuff and we ate lots and lots of them.

Disney023.jpg

Saving the best for last, the dessert. Rosa brought us coffee and this HUMONGOUS bowl filles with bread pudding and the biggest scoop of vanilla ice cream. She then takes this little pot and turns it upside down over the bowl...this golden creamy nectar of the Gods comes out and semi melts the ice cream and drenches the bread pudding. So I look to Rosa and said "Arent you going to bring some out for DH?" :confused3 She looks at me like this :scared1: NO WAY can you eat that by yourself! She was right although I did my best to hog it all. Wow this thing is better than any desserty thing I have ever had at WDW. I notice that DH is not saying anything....I look over at him and his face is just close enough to lick the bowl. I ask him what he thinks, he looks up at me and I swear I see a tear in his eye and I said "ARE YOU CRYING??" He said no, his allergies are acting up again, YA RIGHT you are getting emotional over dessert! :woohoo: But seriously his allergies are kicking his butt up here in WDW...but I thought it was so cute. :cutie:

Disney025.jpg

So bottom line is we love this place and no matter what the wait it is totally worth it and we are going to go back in August when we stay at the Poly for the weekend. When we left at 8:15 there was still a huge line for Ohana and Kona. DH keeps saying how fortunate we are for knowing the DIS and planning way in advance...I say "WHAT WE KEMOSABE?!" Dont let him fool ya, it is all me. Total cost with DDE $64.22

For those of you nervous about the dinner menu, I dont know what to tell you because I never ate the old menu but goodness this place was superb!

Tomorrow Brings Kona Breakfast And Yak And Yeti Dinner And Who Knows What Else!

MickeyNicki,
You sold me on Boma's for breakfast and now Ohana's for dinner! Problem is, I only have one TS between the two. Which would you choose? I know they are totally different, but if you could only choose one, which one would it be.
TIA
Carmen

Also, do they still have the scalloped potatoes? They are listed on the menu on allearsnet, but I've heard they are gone.

I'm loving these reviews and pics :goodvibes I'm trying really hard not to drool all over my keyboard :scared:

We had Boma breakfast ADR's last October but never made it because of my inlaws :mad: Now I am really mad about that :headache: Next time I will make sure to make it, your food looked SOOOO good!!

We did O'hana's last October with the old menu and it was pretty good. The new stuff looked good except they need some kind of potato. I'm shocked that they don't serve those scalloped potatoes anymore, people rave about them all the time!!

I'm particularily fond of the dessert there, it was my baby girl's first taste of ice cream :goodvibes She pounded that dessert down in a flash! :lmao: I loved it too and I don't even like bread pudding :rolleyes1

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!!!! :thumbsup2

Absolutely loving your reviews and pic's!

Cant tell if its the same kind of pudding at biergarten, but my absolutely favorite dessert while in Germany was the vanilla pudding mixed with the berry compote. Might want to give that combo a try next time!

Cant wait for more!

MickeyNicki,
You sold me on Boma's for breakfast and now Ohana's for dinner! Problem is, I only have one TS between the two. Which would you choose? I know they are totally different, but if you could only choose one, which one would it be.
TIA
Carmen

Oh that is a very tough one, if you have kids I say Ohana, they had lots of siging and dancing and coconut races and they circled the restaurant singing and dancing.

If it is just 2 adults I say Boma, it was out of this world.

Also, do they still have the scalloped potatoes? They are listed on the menu on allearsnet, but I've heard they are gone.

No potatoes anymore just the noodles but they are very good..we put some peanut sauce on them and they were even better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter