Live from WDW for 9 days, the Nicki and Todd dining review with a ton of PICS!!!!

Thanks all! We just got in from the pool and are going to get ready and maybe head to Poly for a drink and a snack. Will post the Boma pics and review (breakfast) tonight, and a new Jiko menu that I took pics of.

I know it must seem nuts that I am on the computer while on vacation but I cannot sleep at night anyways so why not post to you all?! Plus if DH wanted to bring the computer to keep up with work then I can do the same to keep up with DIS!

So far not much park time but that is cool with us, sitting by the pool is so much fun! One day down and 8 more to go.

:hippie:

Thanks all! We just got in from the pool and are going to get ready and maybe head to Poly for a drink and a snack. Will post the Boma pics and review (breakfast) tonight, and a new Jiko menu that I took pics of.

I know it must seem nuts that I am on the computer while on vacation but I cannot sleep at night anyways so why not post to you all?! Plus if DH wanted to bring the computer to keep up with work then I can do the same to keep up with DIS!

So far not much park time but that is cool with us, sitting by the pool is so much fun! One day down and 8 more to go.

:hippie:

:faint: I love the Polynesian!!! I can't wait to hear about your day!!:3dglasses

:banana: Thanks for taking pictures of the buffet! Me and my DF will be going on our honeymoon in December and he is soo excited to eat at Biergarten! (He has taken several years of German and has visited the country, so he loves && misses the food!) He was drooling as he looked through the pictures! Can't wait for the rest of your report!

Thanks so much for doing this for all of us. Waiting in anticipation for the rest!!

Hi there, I am back but just for a bit to change clothes (cool here tonight) and then it is back to MK for EMH, they are open to 2 am!

This morning DH and I had the most amazing breakfast ever...we are huge Cape May lovers but BOMA is the winner of the MOTHER OF ALL BREAKFASTS! We have had ressies here the last 6 trips but cancelled them, to difficult to make it to the AKL. Well this time I was a determined woman, and it was just a short drive from OKW, took our own car. Our ressie was for 9:30 but we were wide awake this morning so I said lets drive over and chance it, if they cannot take us early we will chill in the lobby.

We pulled up to the guard gate at 8, the guard was so funny he kept asking me if I was here to race the zebras (I have a black GTO with silver racing stripes). I laughed and said no just here to eat!

The hostess was fantasic and sat us immediately, very quiet and empty restaurant. Our server, Jalil, was fantastic and very friendly. He brought us out Jungle Juice (the new name for Frunch) and then came by a bit later with a small carafe just for us, I guess he saw how quickly we drained our glasses! The pressed pot coffee was a lot stronger than the one at Kona but great just the same, just needed more sugar and cream.

DH was completely WOWED by this place. We started with the biscuit casserole..buttery and flaky biscuits on the top with a creamy mixture of potatoes, red peppers, onions and sausage I think with curry too...it was amazingly good. Next was the corn beef hash/egg casserole, again this was wonderful, loaded with green peppers, potatoes and corn beef, not salty at all. Crispy bacon, very very good sausage links.

Next was the carved ham and turkey but we skipped that. Next pod was oatmeal and DH added in raisins and brown sugar. There was Pap and another porridge type mixture.

Next pod was waffles, awesome cinnamon raisin french toast and pancakes.

Next pod was the worlds best super creamy scrambled eggs, mini cheese omelets and ham and cheese omelets (DH loved it) and great potato wedges. They would also make you a custom omelet but we will try that next time (YUP we are going back this week!)

Next was 2 fruit stations with the ripest most flavorful fruit ever, I totally pigged out on the best pineapple...like it was just picked and cut.

There was a huge cereal station, large bagel and bread selection, a large muffin section with banana macadamia (dry), blueberry, lemon poppyseed and one other that I forget.

There was 2 pastry pods with banana bread that left DH going back 3 times for more, cornbread that was so moist that I would die for a piece right now, mini croissants, pecan sticky buns, chocolate croissants, scone that were light and flaky with golden raisins baked in and they tasted like butter cookies, cinnamon sugar cookies and I think a few other items too.

When we left I went to the conceirge and cancelled a breakfast at Olivias (we had two) and added another Boma. DH declared it the most amazing food he ever had and WHY DIDNT I BOOK THIS PLACE BEFORE! :scared1: Can you believe him?? I said I did you nut but you kept making me cancel it! Well no more, we are for sure going to Boma whenever we come to WDW.

Since it was so quiet I went up to each pod and took pictures for you all...it got really busy around 9:15 when we were leaving. My thoughts, if you are on the fence with this place GET OVER THAT FENCE because this place will blow your mind! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Total cost with the DDE was $41.25

PRESSED POT COFFEE

Disney003-1.jpg

JUNGLE JUICE

Disney006.jpg

Disney001.jpg

Disney005-1.jpg

OATMEAL WITH BROWN SUGAR AND RAISINS

Disney002-1.jpg

Disney004-1.jpg

MORE BOMA, THESE ARE THE PODS

BISCUIT CASSEROLE AND CORN BEEF DISH

Disney016-1.jpg

BACON AND SAUSAGE

Disney015-1.jpg

CARVING STATION, TURKEY AND HAM

Disney014-1.jpg

OATMEAL, PAP AND PORRIDGE

Disney013-1.jpg

PANCAKES, WAFFLES AND CINNAMON RAISIN FRENCH TOAST

Disney012-1.jpg

SCRAMBLED EGGS

Disney017.jpg

MINI OMELETES AND POTATOES

Disney018-1.jpg

FRUIT

Disney010-1.jpg

Disney011-1.jpg

CEREALS

Disney009-1.jpg

BAGELS AND BREAD

Disney020.jpg

MUFFINS

Disney019-1.jpg

PASTRIES

Disney008-1.jpg

Disney007-1.jpg

WOW! We have two mornings with nothing planned...we may have to try to get in. We do have dinner reservations at Boma's...hope it is as good as you say breakfast is.

Great reviews!! I am SALIVATING over the chocolate chip crossaints and the banana bread - YUM!!!!!

You hit the breakfast mother lode!!! :lmao:

Thanks so much for the review ... I was on the fence because of the aggravation of getting from SSR to AKL, but your pictures and ringing endorsement have pushed me off the fence (thank goodness I landed on something soft). ;)

BTW - do you have an ADR for afternoon tea during this visit? If so I hope you and your DH enjoy it as much as we do! :goodvibes

You hit the breakfast mother lode!!! :lmao:

Thanks so much for the review ... I was on the fence because of the aggravation of getting from SSR to AKL, but your pictures and ringing endorsement have pushed me off the fence (thank goodness I landed on something soft). ;)

BTW - do you have an ADR for afternoon tea during this visit? If so I hope you and your DH enjoy it as much as we do! :goodvibes

Hey Bren!

You guys got to go, you will love it! Will you be there in Oct again? We usually stay the same dates, if so we might catch ya there!

Yes we did book the tea, your review was the clincher so glad I can help you out with Boma!

Ok ladies, words of advice here...when your DH promises to take you to EMH at night DO NOT let him go back to the room at all, not for any reason, because if he lies down forget it, it is all over and you are not going anywhere.

That is what is happening to me right now. We were to go back to the room and change into warmer clothes and head right back to MK...right?? WRONG. He sat on the bed while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, he lies down on the bed, I come out, HE IS SNORING! :lmao: So we are staying in....besides it is pretty cool out, to us anyways.

So after our day of the pool we decided to head to Poly for a drink and a snack. Boma breakfast kept us full for hours and hours, great value. We arrived a bit before 3 to a very empty Poly resort, I mean like maybe a dozen people in the entire upstairs area...ghost town. Nothing like when we stayed there in Oct.

We mosey to the empty bar, a few people sitting in the lobby watching a basketball game. Great atmosphere.

PINA COLADA, bartender put a rum floater on top for DH

Disney028.jpg

PINA COLAVA, basically a pina colada with razz rum and razz puree in it, WOWZA this thing is sweet and YUMM-O!

Disney030-1.jpg

We shared a bread and dip basket. The dips were a crab dip that was great, a spicy cumin bean dip that DH loved and a sweet red pepper and sun dried tomato one that went perfect with the bread chunks. There was also long wonton strips and crispy pita chips. Very good and worth the money.

Disney032.jpg

And of course my "Wing Man" DH had to get the sticky wings, same as what they serve at Kona. They were so good, we should have ordered 2, comes with a nice little salad too. Total with the DDE was $30.69

Disney033.jpg

I am super duper excited to eat at Ohana tomorrow night, YAY :goodvibes

So off to MK and it wasnt that busy but it started to rain. :scared1: And it was windy and cool, got a chill going on. We cancelled our ADR at the Plaza because we were still full from our snack at the Poly.

GUESS WHAT PEEPS?! The Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace was open, I had to get a blackberry jasmine ice tea, the only good thing at the place. DH wanted the veggie egg rolls...he should have skipped it. Can you say I TOLD YOU SO?

They were way over fried and to hard on the outside, the inside was a gooey mess of veggies that reeked of cabbage...BLECH!

Disney034.jpg

There was a few CM's there walking from table to table asking the guests questions about their meal. When he made it to me he asked if we like the choices, NO, did we like what we ordered, yes and no, did we think the menu was limited, YES, did we think the quality of the food was poor, YES, would we come back, YES FOR TEA ONLY. He said that seems to be the general consensus of the people interviewed and WDW is planning on doing something different with the menu AGAIN! Here is a tip, USE WHITE MEAT CHICKEN PEOPLE! Total was $6.38

Later that night I asked DH if he wanted to get a Toll House Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich, he said sure there is a cart over there. I said No No my love, I mean a REAL one! He looked at me like I was nuts and said, what those are fake ones?

So I lead my little Dis impaired DH to the Main Street Bakery and we ordered our first cookie ice cream sandwich to which his comment was something like this, Thank you my queen for spending so much time on the internet searching for great food finds at WDW. I will never make another snide comment about your chitter chatter about the DIS again.

Disney036.jpg

He ate about 1/2 of it in line before we paid for it and the cashier said to him, Sorry but we cannot charge you for a half a sandwich :rotfl2:

This was super filling and wonderful. We just got the one scoop of vanilla, if you got 2 it oozed out all over the place, hmmmm maybe next time we will get 2 scoops! :lmao:

It was getting much windier now so we hopped a bus back to OKW and DH says he is hungry again, lets eat at the resort before getting back to MK. Olivia's menu did not appeal to him so we went to Goods to Go for a cheeseburger, onion rings and a pretzel. It was good, the standard cheeseburger that you can get at any CS place. The onion rings were awesome, probably the same as they serve at Olivia's since they share a kitchen. The pretzel lost all its salt and was hard, probably sitting for a long time but still edible. Total was $15.72

Disney037.jpg

Stay tuned for tomorrow, Olivia's for breakfast, who knows what for lunch and the big one, Ohana dinner and the new menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter