Live from THV 6/7 to 6/12

I totally feel that way about or upcoming trip too!! We are travelling with 5 adults and 3 kids (one in a pack and play) so the room layout will be ideal. We also don't mind a 10 minute walk to SSR main if we need something. The quiet pool doesn't look bad...my kids are little so any pool is great to them. We have only been member for 2 years but have already stayed everywhere except OKW and BLT and we like them all for different things. Thanks for your report.

It was suggested that I create a separate thread for my own Treehouse Villas impressions so...here it is. :) In the interest of staying on topic, I'll try to limit my comments to the treehouses. I won't force you to read about my aching feet.

We arrived shortly before noon on Sunday. Lobby was very busy with a line about 10 deep. I noticed that one of the positions at the front desk had a sign for the on-line check-in. There were only two groups so I jumped in there. What a waste the on-line ended up being. I figured at least they would have room keys pre-printed and packets waiting. Nope. It probably took me longer to get thru that line than if I had waited in the normal one.

Only request was for a water view but we didn't get it. We're more toward the golf course. But our room was ready right away.

The room itself is fantastic. There are just so many little (and not so little) high quality touches in here. Things that I haven't seen spending 5-6 years staying at SSR, BWV, OKW, etc. There are a lot of photos of the treehouses floating around, so I decided to concentrate on some of the little details that haven't gotten much press. I'll try to post the photos in the next couple of days.

The ground around the treehouses really is swampy, but so far no problems to speak of with bugs. I swatted at one mosquito while at the pool, and there were the usual bugs circling our front door light at 9pm. But it's not like you need mosquito netting to be outside--not even close.

Haven't had any problems with the motion sensing thermostats. Last night I went to bed lying on top of the covers and ended up pulling them over me at night when I had gotten too cold. This afternoon we returned from the parks with an outside temp in the upper-80s and it was 74 in the room.

The one problem we experienced was no volume on the TV in our master bedroom. Called maintenance and the guy was LITERALLY here in 5 minutes. (I was hoping to report it before leaving for the parks and he got here before we were out the door.)

The problem took most of the day to resolve but I give them credit for sticking with it. I didn't really understand the issue but he said they narrowed it down to something funky with the wiring in the master bedroom TV/desk area. The desk has built-in ports for Wi-fi, electrical and a series of video inputs for the TV. Something in there was causing the audio on the TV to fail.

It took the 8+ hours to solve the problem but I guess you have to expect something like that when staying in a new wing just a week after it opened. And we were out of the room almost the entire time.

I'll post more later, including responses to some questions that were emailed and PMed to me. If anyone has other questions, please post and I'll do my best to answer.

Tim

I really enjoyed the pictures. Do you have any of the rooms themselves like a picture of the master bedroom, the living room, the dining area, the kitchen, the second bedroom, the bunk beds?

I know you have them all, I just don't think you posted all the ones you have;) I know because we took a slew of pictures of Kidani when we were there at the beginning of this month. But Hey, Thanks for the story and thanks for all the pictures. We are salivating and wondering when we can get onto that gorgeous deck. Thanks again. Marylyn

I have been referring to this map on AllEars.net.

On my reservation (checking in Sunday), I have requested a unit somewhere in the 7020 to 7036 range. I'll report in Sunday on how that goes.

Perfect, thanks Mackwell! I hadn't noticed that it had been posted there yet.

Also, check your pm's...

I totally feel that way about or upcoming trip too!! We are travelling with 5 adults and 3 kids (one in a pack and play) so the room layout will be ideal.
We are in the same situation 6 adults and 2 kids 3 and 2. The two year old is still in a crib (we're renting from abbf.com) We're treating our adult children and our grandchildren to our first family vacation together since the two babies were born! We thought about getting 4 rooms at the Swan or POFQ but this worked out to be cheaper and we now have a kitchen and washer/dryer for the babies. Our single daughter and son will just have to deal with the sofa/chair sleepers! I told them if they got married and gave me some more grandbabbies I would spring for two treehouses next time! I was also very worried about getting connecting rooms for the little guys-they won't go to sleep if anyone is in the room with them! We are so excited-now if I could only find an 8 passenger Minivan for less than $700!!!!
Sharon

Thanks for taking time out of your holidays to report back to us
if possible could you post some photos of the parking

Enjoy the rest of your trip

The posts just keep getting better and better! Thanks so much for the bus info...it really takes a weight off my shoulders. Also, thank you to the poster with the map!! That's just awesome!!:thumbsup2

I do have a question, though, if you don't mind. Is the only access to the deck from the kitchen/living room area? Or is there a doorway or sliding door that also lets out on the deck from, say, the master bedroom or either of the other two bedrooms?

Thanks again and enjoy your stay (and try to take care of that foot!!)

There are full-length mirrors in the master and second bedroom (both rooms with queen beds.) There is also a large mirror near the villa entry which is hung at waist level. But it must be angled downward a bit because if I stand 2' away I can see down below my knees.

Thanks for your response. And also thanks for the information about the buses. I have stayed at Saratoga Springs twice now, both times in Congress Park, and I did not mind being the 4th bus stop. It seemed very short from the first stop to Congress Park. Sounds like the THV shuttle also stops at Grandstand though so that will help some. I don't mind the Disney transportation -- I'm just happy to not have to drive :thumbsup2 Thanks again for the great review and hope you enjoyed your vacation!

I would like to possible see how the pack-n-play takes up space in the master and/or 2nd bedroom.

It may not fit in the second bedroom--space is a little tight in there. But there are a couple places you could put it in the master,

I really enjoyed the pictures. Do you have any of the rooms themselves like a picture of the master bedroom, the living room, the dining area, the kitchen, the second bedroom, the bunk beds?

I did take some but won't have time to post until I return home. Allears has some good pics.

I do have a question, though, if you don't mind. Is the only access to the deck from the kitchen/living room area? Or is there a doorway or sliding door that also lets out on the deck from, say, the master bedroom or either of the other two bedrooms?

Yes, that is the only way to access the deck. You take stairs up to the deck from ground level and then enter the villa via the deck.

Treehouse Villa Bus Notes

I broke my left big toe a couple weeks ago and decided to cut my MK day short today and put some ice on it. So I left the family behind with the car keys and decided to give the buses a try. Here is the exact timing on my journey:

1:32pm Arrived at MK SSR bus stop
1:38pm Bus arrives
1:51pm Bus enters from gate of Saratoga Springs
2:02pm Bus pulls into The Springs (5th and final stop at SSR)

So the entire trip around SSR only took 11 minutes. And that was with us waiting a full three minutes just to get into The Springs (there were two buses already parked there--one was unloading an ECV and the other was delayed due to a driver shift change.)

I've seen posts about it taking 20+ minutes to make the rounds at SSR and I just don't see that being the case. Best case it could be as little as 8 minutes (if we hadn't had the wait at The Springs.) And that was with about 20 people on board who disembarked over 4 of the 5 stops. Also picked up people along the way.

Worst case it could be a longer route if you have to wait for ECV loading, but I think the average is probably in the 10-12 minute neighborhood.

As for the treehouse shuttle, I almost hate to say this but the bus pulled up just as I got there. :) So I had no wait at all for the THV shuttle.

The shuttle driver was very friendly and chatty. Doesn't sound like many people are using the shuttle yet. From The Springs we stopped at The Grandstand and then over to the Treehouses. I believe it was 9 minutes from the time I boarded until I was dropped at the THV stop. Again that included a stop at The Grandstand.

From the THV stop it was about a 3 minute walk to our room.

Is there a bus stop that goes directly to the parks from THV or do you need to take the internal bus to one of the other stops and catch a bus from there? BTW great pictures, hace a great trip. :thumbsup2

Thanks again for taking time away from your vacation to give us a first hand view of the Treehouses! One more question - (until I think of something else) since each of the treehouses has a grill, are grill utensils included in the kitchen supplies? We were thinking of cooking out while were trying to think of what all we would need to get and/or bring in order to do it.

Is there a bus stop that goes directly to the parks from THV or do you need to take the internal bus to one of the other stops and catch a bus from there? BTW great pictures, hace a great trip. :thumbsup2

You have to take the internal bus to The Springs or The Grandstand first and then catch a theme park bus. The internal shuttle appears to run about every 10 minutes.

Thanks again for taking time away from your vacation to give us a first hand view of the Treehouses! One more question - (until I think of something else) since each of the treehouses has a grill, are grill utensils included in the kitchen supplies? We were thinking of cooking out while were trying to think of what all we would need to get and/or bring in order to do it.

I know there were large metal tongs in the kitchen but I don't know about anything else. Sorry.

We're back from our great trip an i thought I would share a few closing notes. Below is the map we were given to our Villa, #7043. I marked-up the map to help illustrate the walking distances.

You'll see that The Grandstand area of SSR is included in the map. Walking time for each of the lines that I drew was as follows:

Red = 2 minutes
Blue = 3 minutes
Purple = 3-4 minutes

So the entire walking distance from The Grandstand pool to our villa was about 8-9 minutes at a leisurely pace. Guests staying in one of the villas right by the path (in the 7032 to 7036 range) would be only about 5 minutes away.

The Treehouse pool was only about 3 minutes from our room. You can see it about 3/4 of the way down that purple line near villas 7055-56.

The boat dock is on the western shore near villas 7020-7022 and was also about 3 minutes from our room. Bus stops are located at the top and bottom of the villa area.

(If the quality of this image isn't good enough. look for the red & yellow AED markers to find these landmarks.)

TVH_7043.jpg

One more noteworthy positive thing about the villa rooms--while the bathroom fans are motion sensitive, there is also an override button on the wall. So you can turn off the fan if you don't want it running (too loud?) or turn it on if it shuts-off prematurely.

In the master bathroom we had fans both in the small room with the toilet and in the main vanity/shower/tub room. That was nice to see. I've stayed in 4 hotels in the last 4-6 weeks and this was the first that even had a fan in the bathroom.

Lest anyone thing I'm being a total homer, here are a few of the minor negatives from our stay:

1. My wife seemed to think that the master bedroom was uncomfortably warm compared to the rest of the unit. I could feel a bit of difference when walking between that bedroom and the living room, but it was a bigger deal to her than me. I don't know if might have been related to the positioning of the villa (sunlight hitting that side of the room more?), engineering problem or what.

2. As I mentioned previously the kitchen and bathrooms have some sort of natural stone floors. The stone has peaks and valleys in it and it was a little uncomfortable on the feet after a week at the parks. It's not anything that's a danger--you aren't going to be cut on the foot or anything. Just that it was a little difficult to walk over with sore feet.

3. Two minor issues with the master bathroom shower:

a) The little stop block that was catching the heavy glass shower door was already bending. Don't know if this one was just installed poorly or if the design needs to be fixed. The door was really heavy and it appeared to be just from normal banging as the door closed.

b) There wasn't enough clearance under the shower door to lay down a shower mat outside. The door was hung only a short distance from the floor (maybe 1/4") and the bath mat would invariably catch on the edge of the door.

4. No great upgrades in kitchen utensils or pots & pans. The style did fit the villas, but it was still just cheap Farberware stuff. That's probably understandable given the abuse it suffers from guests. Cheaper to replace.

5. My wife planned to take the buses on our last day and had a sub-standard experience. She just missed the THV shuttle and had to wait 10 minutes for the next one. That part was understandable. Guess it balances-out for my trip on the shuttle where I had zero wait.

But when she arrived at The Springs, things were going crazy with WDW transportation again. There was a woman at the stop with a clipboard and radio helping to route the buses. But still she waited about 20-30 minutes and no bus for DHS. The only reason she was taking the buses is because she was running a few minutes ahead of the rest of us (waiting for bell services to collect luggage.) In the end, we just picked her up at the bus stop so I couldn't tell you exactly how long it was taking for the bus.

Again, I guess this is just the law of averages coming into play. The THV shuttle runs on a 10 min loop so sometimes you'll have zero wait and other times 9-10 minutes. And theme park buses are supposed to run about every 15-20 min so sometimes you'll have a shorter wait and other times it may be longer.

Hope that helps everyone out. If you have any other questions, feel free to post and I'll see how good my memory is. :rotfl2:

Tim

Tim, where are the washer and dryer in relation to the bedrooms?

Sorry, I must have missed your question. :(

It's across the hall from the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms. The W/D are the stackable kind found in newer DVCs. I will say this--the ones we had were VERY quiet. In some of our more recent DVC stays, the W/D was pretty noisy. These you couldn't even hear running with the laundry area door closed.

Of course, that may just be because they are brand new. :confused3

I must thank you for a very interesting and enjoyable thread. I have a THV booked 7/12 through 7/18. I was a bit apprehensive about this especially since I will be having an EVC but when I made my reservations, I told them that I will be having an ECV and they put in for the wheelchair accessable ones. Now I can't wait these 19 days until time to go. Again, thanks for the remarkable thread.

Will be staying in THV next year and wondering if the master bath or second bath have a double sink set up like at main SSR-just curious thx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter