• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**LIVE** From the May 26, 2007 FIRST DCL Cruise in the MED! (5/26/07)

Yes, I've decided to go for the full....and I think Nancy (friend from Cruistoberfest) will be joining me. I plan to sign up tomorrow. I was waiting for my daughter to decide if she wanted to do the Goofy. If she didn't want to I was just going to sign up the regular way and possibly use DVC points for our hotel stay. But since she decided to go for it, I have no choice but to sign up with the Disney marathon package since the Goofy is closed otherwise.

We can't wait to hear about your journey.........GOOD LUCK FOR SMOOTH SAILING!

Yes, I've decided to go for the full....and I think Nancy (friend from Cruistoberfest) will be joining me. I plan to sign up tomorrow. I was waiting for my daughter to decide if she wanted to do the Goofy. If she didn't want to I was just going to sign up the regular way and possibly use DVC points for our hotel stay. But since she decided to go for it, I have no choice but to sign up with the Disney marathon package since the Goofy is closed otherwise.

I didn't know you could get into the Goofy that way....not that I will be doing it. NO WAY, esp. now.

Linda and I have arrived in our hotel, safe and sound. It's been a long journey here. We arrived to blue skies and a nice breeze. Just got checked into the Hilton Diagonal Mar.. already saw some folks who will be on the cruise... guess it's not hard to spot us. LOL.

A couple pics on my blog.

More later - time for a shower!

Deb
Blogging my way thru the Med
http://allearsnet.com/blogs/debwills

Ok everybody....

Don't forget...

Send postcards

& Bring back T shirts (I take an XL!!!)

Oh and if you see Joey Fatone... tell him I said hi! :)

Hi everyone,

I know I am a crasher on your thread, since I am on the last Med Head cruise (August 8), but I have enjoyed reading your thread -- one of the more informative ones in the group. I am sooooo excited for you guys! By the way, no pressure, but the rest of us are counting on you for ALL OF THE DETAILS and HELPFUL HINTS!!!!! Ha ha! :yay:

I wanted to hit you with some questions early on, so that you can keep these in mind when checking in tomorrow! Whew, I apologize, I am FULL o QUestions!

1. Did anyone on the thread try to upgrade from a ocean view to verandah? I just asked my travel agent the question, and while she could upgrade our family, the cost was going to be an additional $3,500. Yikes.

2. Did anyone try to get a Palo brunch time on the first day of embarkation -- I think you would have to run to Rockin D Bar. I just want to know if anyone does it succesfully, or if once again, I will miss the famous Palo brunch.

3. Is is true that you can check in, and get off the boat until later in the evening while still docked in Barcelona?

4. Do the official dinner rotations begin on the first day, or do they start the next day? In other words, will their be official dinner schedule for that first night in Barcelona, before you sail away? What about the Oceanner Club's? Can kids spend time there on the first day?

5. For any of you First Med Heads that are doing Rome on your own, and I a mean on your own via the train from port to Rome's main termini -- I would love to know how that adventure goes. I have traveled throughout Europe and used the train systems, but never with two little ones in tow.

6. I heard that Disney doesn't mind you bringing wine or bottles on the ship after visiting a port, but they won't allow food. Hmmmmm. Is that true, and will I be unable to sneak aboard cheeses and other goodies? This cannot be true!

That's it for now! Have a fabulous time!!!! :cheer2:

:goodvibes Thanks for the blog links! I've bookmarked them...can't wait to hear that everyone is onboard and setting sail!

Have a great time everyone
looking forward to hearing all about it

Wow you are all so lucky we still have 53 days till the 18/07/07. Have a great trip, looking forward to all the tips you can give us.

Can't wait to read your trip reports! Have a great time!

Patiently waiting for any updates from the ship............;) ;) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter