**LIVE** From the May 26, 2007 FIRST DCL Cruise in the MED! (5/26/07)

Hi guys:
Glad to see everyone made it home safely. I have been like a walking Zombie, had lots of fun, but, I'm really tired. I'm going to bed early and waking up even earlier, It's driving Coco crazy!! ;) I wonder how our friends in California and Las Vegas are doing? They had a 9 hour difference :scared:

Hi Bill, glad to see you posting. I must get Coco a Disboard name, so that he can start posting. Maybe he can be IMAGEEK2 ... LOL :rotfl2:

Quick question for those of you that just got back, did anyone gain weight? :scared1:

I would really think you would lose or stay the same with all the walking you do?

Patricia

After consuming large amounts of desserts, mochachinos, foccacia and paninis, I am proud to say that I only gained 2 pounds. Must have been all the walking we did and the reason why I'm so tired. Hey, maybe after this I can do the half marathon in January.

:yay:

Quick question for those of you that just got back, did anyone gain weight? :scared1:

I would really think you would lose or stay the same with all the walking you do?

Patricia

Our group faired rather well with all the walking:

Me-lost 6 lbs but then again I was not eating much
DH- Lost 4 lbs-- he ate self serve ice cream at LEAST 5 times a day
DMIL- Lost 3
DFIL- who was at the gym working out everyday in his spare time--gained 2!!!! HAHAHA

It's just not fair but I have a terrible metabolism......I gained 8 pounds! It must have been taking the elevator on my birthday! Seriously, I even did 4 miles (miles, not laps) around the deck on sea days and still I packed it on. It will take me 2 months to get it off now.....just in time for my WDW trip.

I already thanked everyone for the FE stuff, but my mind was jet-lagged and I forgot to thank Ron and Monica for opening up their suite to us for an entire afternoon. And to Tracy, of course, for organizing that fabulous Dreams party!
She raffled off tons and goodies and a whole bunch of us got a chance to visit the rainforest for free thanks to Dreams. I'm wondering if she STILL has all that chocolate......I could use some right now.

P&J, T&B:
Forgot to mention....I found Rosa Regale at CostCo yesterday......only $16.99 a bottle......I bought 2!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of the wonderful Dis Boarders we met and who left lovely presents for us at/on our cabin door. You are all so thoughtful.

Thanks to Tracey and Bill too for hosting and sponsoring the Dreams Unlimited Dis Board party, it was lovely to meet you all.

I don't feel like resuming the shopping, cleaning, cooking and just want to be back on the Magic! - I'm so missing the lovely meals and service.

We're already dreaming of another Disney cruise (possibly even the Transatlantic back to Florida)! Failing that I would have loved the Panama Canal trip but I believe that's sold out already!

The travel trade press over here in the UK featured the Disney Magic at Barcelona with speculation that it may sail from Southampton, England for the summer of 2009! That would be brilliant for us with just a 4 hour drive away and a chance for others to visit London as a gateway rather than Barcelona.

Hi Celeste - hope you enjoyed Paris - what did you think of Disneyland Paris? Thanks so much for the Rosa Regale, we'll be enjoying that this weekend in the garden - the weather here is fabulous, much warmer that the Med (most surprisingly)!

Take care everyone and you never know, we may 'bump' into you on another planning thread, sooner rather than later! :goodvibes

Hi Peter and Tracey,

Please PM me with your email addresses. I had the photo of you guys with Tom McAlpin put on a disc. I'll email the photo to you guys.

Ellen

Our group faired rather well with all the walking:

Me-lost 6 lbs but then again I was not eating much
DH- Lost 4 lbs-- he ate self serve ice cream at LEAST 5 times a day
DMIL- Lost 3
DFIL- who was at the gym working out everyday in his spare time--gained 2!!!! HAHAHA

Wow, good for you guys, expect DFIL LOL

I enjoyed your blog, thank you so much for sharing it. :thumbsup2

Patricia

Hi Celeste - hope you enjoyed Paris - what did you think of Disneyland Paris? Thanks so much for the Rosa Regale, we'll be enjoying that this weekend in the garden - the weather here is fabulous, much warmer that the Med (most surprisingly)!

Take care everyone and you never know, we may 'bump' into you on another planning thread, sooner rather than later! :goodvibes

Paris was beautiful...I just got home last night and I am REALLY trying to stay awake so I can go to get at a normal hour. Is 7 too early??

I will post more about DLP on my blog- which I will get around to Tues or Weds. I kind of lost today- I had to go to the doctor to get the ok to go back to work with the ankle. I then spent the rest of the afternoon on the phone coaching someone who is going on the Med cruise in July. They found my blog from one of their friends, who knows my sister and asked if they could call. (they all live in Florida) Did that make sense? I'm too tired to make sense.

Weight- either the same or up 2 pounds, I can't remember exactly what I weighed precruise.

Hi Everyone

We had such a good time on the 11 night Med we've decided to do the Transatlantic 'bringing the Magic back'!!

What I wanted to ask all of you is if you could choose between Cat. 8 deck 5,6, or 7 which would you go for. What put me off Deck 7 was the only cabin left in that Category was 7500, right at the forward. We've picked out deck 5 forward (starboard) as it seems quite spacious and handy for the kid's club.

Celeste - you were in 5524, how did you find that compared to your other cabins?

Do you know if you're able to change cabins (subject to availability/category) after booking?

Thanks everyone :goodvibes

Hi Everyone

We had such a good time on the 11 night Med we've decided to do the Transatlantic 'bringing the Magic back'!!

What I wanted to ask all of you is if you could choose between Cat. 8 deck 5,6, or 7 which would you go for. What put me off Deck 7 was the only cabin left in that Category was 7500, right at the forward. We've picked out deck 5 forward (starboard) as it seems quite spacious and handy for the kid's club.

Celeste - you were in 5524, how did you find that compared to your other cabins?

Do you know if you're able to change cabins (subject to availability/category) after booking?

Thanks everyone :goodvibes

I've been on deck 7 the last two cruises, and we are on deck 6 this time. I think 5,6, and 7 all offer great accessibility to the kids club and are relatively quiet.

Now, my advice for a transatlantic sailing is to get the most midship cabin you can find. Not only are you crossing the atlantic ocean, but you are coming back in hurricane season!! Go down a category if you need to, but get to the middle of the ship - in fact the lower decks will feel less motion that the higher ones.

As far as changing cabins goes, I changed my cabin on the 16 June sailing AFTER final payment had been made. I went from a cat 11 to a cat 12 gty and got half of my money back!

Despite the waves, I am jealous of you bringing the Magic back home. Have a great trip!!

Thanks JSMom2. I'm worried about the waves now :scared1: and a possible hurricaine!

We had some choppy seas between Palermo and Naples and then onto Olbia (20ft waves)! We were on deck 1 with the 2 portholes (1038 I think - which was quite forward) and the waves came right up! I must have good sea legs but have to admit to feeling a little squeamish about crossing the ocean rather than the sea!!

Hi All,

We are leaving in a few hours for Barcelona.

I did everything except, I forgot to get the live link for the Port, & the link to follow the Magic.

Does anyone have either?

We us luck :banana:

Patricia

For those of you who don't know Tracy's Mom was diagnosed with a terminal illness yesterday and was given approximately six months. Tracy posted today that one of her Mom's final wishes is to get tickets to the Oprah show. I have been trying to figure out what we could do to get make this happen....

I would suggest that all of us write a letter on behalf of Tracy's mom. I am at work today- but I would be more than happy to write a form letter tomorrow that everyone could just cut and paste into their browser. You would have to register on the site so you can email. If people would be willing to email them- perhaps if there were many emails, we would have a better chance?

The studios are pretty close to the hospital- so if worse comes to worse, I'll hoof over there one day and plead our case. Also- if we were able to get tickets- would anyone want to help chip in for hotel rooms for Tracy, her Mom, and her sisters? However, I might make T book the rooms, so she can get the travel agent. :rotfl:

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

For those of you who don't know Tracy's Mom was diagnosed with a terminal illness yesterday and was given approximately six months. Tracy posted today that one of her Mom's final wishes is to get tickets to the Oprah show. I have been trying to figure out what we could do to get make this happen....

I would suggest that all of us write a letter on behalf of Tracy's mom. I am at work today- but I would be more than happy to write a form letter tomorrow that everyone could just cut and paste into their browser. You would have to register on the site so you can email. If people would be willing to email them- perhaps if there were many emails, we would have a better chance?

The studios are pretty close to the hospital- so if worse comes to worse, I'll hoof over there one day and plead our case. Also- if we were able to get tickets- would anyone want to help chip in for hotel rooms for Tracy, her Mom, and her sisters? However, I might make T book the rooms, so she can get the travel agent. :rotfl:

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Sorry to hear that. After losing my mom at 60 yo 2 years ago, I know how hard this can be. Best wishes to Tracy! We're thinking and praying for you and your family.

Oprah is on hiatus right now. First thing would be to find out when she'll start taping again.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter