Live from Disney! (with pics)

This has been just the GREATEST trip report I have read!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: Keep up the GOOD work!! Keep us informed and please tell Rob to eat some icecream for me!!!!! :rotfl:

I am having so much fun following this thread - its like being there - yet still waking up in a town where we had our first frost last night! (thought that might help you cool down)

have a wonderful cruise and best wishes for your family plans!

on the Cruise!!

...and I'm thinkin' it's "All the Mickey Bars Rob can Eat Week!!" :goodvibes :goodvibes

We were one of those families that sooooo appreciated your bathroom gallery:) Our twin boys have autism, and any kind of visual support was so very crucial to them for our first trip (it seems like it was so long ago! 2002:) ) The super flushing toilets, the "echo" from all the tile, the lineups...a bathroom experience can be more overwhelming than an attraction!...being able to see the "potty spots" just made our trip that much easier.

A very belated thank you!:)

:sunny:

Hmmmm, Cass should be posting soon. Anybody else looking forward to the latest news?

I stumbled upon your thread last night and I can't stop reading! :bounce: It is so amazing that you update it so often and with awesome pics....I feel like I am there with you. Keep posting...can't wait for your next update! :wave2:

:rolleyes1 anxiously awaiting !!

You guys are a great couple, thanks for sharing your trip, I love love reading your reports and seeing your pictures !

BTW..... my DH is the same way about ice cream !!!!

disneyfan61 said:
Will check back tom. morning!

It *IS* almost tomorrow morning and we *HAVE* been waiting all day - actually, it's been over 24hrs without a trip report!!!

I do feel bad though ... after all Cass & Rob are on vacation! But alas ... we want the update! :worship: Pretty Please??? Inquiring minds need to know ... how was the party? and the drive to the port? did your luggage make it? and last but not least ... what kind and how many ice creams for Rob today???

Hi guys!

Sorry it took me so long to get this done. We just arrived at the Radisson at 11:30pm!

Okay, here goes…

From yesterday…

We drove to MK so that M & J could ride the monorail. We entered the gates around 4:30 pm with our MNSSHP ticket, got our wrist bands and candy bags and headed to Tomorrowland.
day9-7.jpg

Rob got an ice cream sandwich and made a dedication for the DISers who told him to have one for them!

day9-8.jpg

We did Stitch and Buzz Lightyear and then Space Mtn was closed temporarily so we went on the TTC and Carousel of Progress. Walked on over to Frontierland while the park cleared out and walked on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder.
Woo hoo that was fun!
day9-9.jpg

We got some delicious hot dogs from Casey’s

day9-10.jpg

and then did Space Mountain, both tracks!!

day9-11.jpg

Did Mickey’s Philharmagic and then walked over to Main Street for Hallowishes. Okay, this was AMAZING!!!!!!! Far better than before!! I taped most of it and glad I did! It was so good, I ended up dreaming about it last night LOL! We stayed put for an hour to watch the parade which was VERY different from 2003. The music wasn’t as good as the last version but still we were dancing and bobbin’ away!

day9-12.jpg

day9-13.jpg

We rode Haunted Mansion and Pirates before getting back on Splash and Big Thunder. It was 12:10 am when we got off BT so we headed home. We were pooooooped!

Today…

Woke up nice and early for a giant shower and packed up all our bags. Dropped of all our bags with Bell Services (story there but too tired to tell it tonight!) and got the boat to MGM at 10 am.
day10-1.jpg

Fast passed TOT (30 min reg wait) and walked over to Rock N Roller (30min wait). As we got to the stand-by entrance, a very nice couple gave us 2 fast passes so we waited while M & J went on since they’ve never been. When they got off we got in line all together. Went and did TOT

day10-2.jpg

and then walked over to 50’s prime time for our 12:30 ps. We had Mark as a server and my goodness was he good! I never really told M & J about what goes on at this restaurant with the antics so it was a great surprise for them. He was HILARIOUS!! We were laughing the entire time! Rob commented (with a laugh from M & J ) that he’s the only person that has ever stood up to me since I tend to be a little tiny bit controlling and vocal about certain things . LOL

day10-3.jpg

day10-4.jpg

Everyone really enjoyed their food but me, but I enjoyed the experienced and that over ruled my bad food. We did Star Tours,

day10-5.jpg

Lights Motor, Action for the first time ( was pretty darn cool!)

day10-6.jpg
and then Movie Ride and Millionaire. Got a bite to eat just outside of Fantasmic and then watched the showing at 7:30pm.

day10-7.jpg

day10-8.jpg

We did some shopping and didn’t leave MGM until 9pm and the boat wasn’t running. We asked about the bus service but it didn’t sound very promising the way the one CM was arguing with another CM about how to get to the Beach Club so we spotted a taxi and paid $7 to get back to the hotel.

Picked up most of our suitcases, gassed up the car and drove the 50 minutes to the Radisson. I will have a better report when I get back but I am not really all that impressed with the place.

Okay, well I have to be up in 6.5 hours so that’s it for now…next time I report it will be from the Disney Magic on the Western (possibly Eastern) Itinerary!

G’night folks!

:goodvibes Wow I'd like to say thank you to Rob, that was so sweet of you to remember about the ice cream and write the note and pose for a photo like you did!!! Such a laugh I had this morning, and so cool to see my name on your note in front of the castle too, it was like I was still there or something! :jumping1: I would tell you that it's now my desktop now but, that would be wierd I think so I'll keep mum about that one!

Actually you guys take really good photos! Much better than we did, plus we didn't manage to get many good shots at night. I have to make sure and really practice and learn my camera better before our next trip, whenever that ends up being!

Cass I agree about Hallowishes, we had only been once before and in November so this was our first party, and we thought the firework show was so very cool! I liked it better than Wishes this time around even! I also loved Frontierland and the music they played ( Come back Yeller...), for us the party was just perfect even though it rained quite a bit!

Looking forward to your next report as always, and thanks again to Rob!
(note to self, next time, ask him to mail ya one!)

wow.. great reports.. I am feeling full just LOOKING at your pictures!?

(am just jealous that he can eat that much food and not be huge!)

Does Rob have a brother? :teeth: I love my dh, but no way would he pose for my Dis friends.

Can't wait to hear about your cruise- I did a 4 day cruise in 2002 and LOVED it!

Good morning everyone :)
Thanks for all the awesome replies and nods, we're glad you are enjoying the reports.
Glad you liked the photo Kritina, I thought you both should get some Disney Magic :)
As for other brothers Mermaid02, I do have other brothers and Cass thanks me often that I am not like them, we are all very different and I'm the Disney nut in my side of the family while my two younger brothers like to hunt and are more into other activities, I love them lots and it just adds to the diversity of our family I think. I think Cass has some pics of them on her website, probably under the Hawaii 2000 trip.

I can't believe the day we had, we went through all our batteries and flash cards yesterday, which for the Canon was 1.2GB of photos and mini-movies and Cass took almost a solid hour of video on the Mini-DV.
We had some terrible timing for HalloWishes, I was in getting my 3rd Ice Cream (Cookies & Cream) and bought a mug but they didn't have diet coke nor would they just give me pop, first they wanted to void the transaction and then I decided to just give the float and mug to Moose as he was in line to get a float (btw: he bought a 2nd float later on and gave us the mug, what a great guy!) but I didn't get out of the shop due to this confusion for a bit and HalloWishes just started, so Cass couldn't catch the beginning on video. We know what to expect now so we'll be better prepared and I promised Cass only 2 Ice Creams a day after that. We weren't in a great position to see all the perimeter fireworks, so we'll be more central if we can on Halloween.

When the parade was getting ready, they sent in the Headless Horseman almost a 1/2 hr ahead of the parade and Cass was changing the battery on the cam corder when he sprinted by and I wasn't even ready with the camera yet. I was very disappointed I didn't get a good picture but I am now prepared for next time!

Cass is really excited today, she did a little dance in the car when she seen the cruise docks in the car :goodvibes
She didn't get a lot of sleep last night and was a doll and ordered me breakfast which just arrived, so I had better eat it while it's hot or I'll be in trouble.
TTFN Dis members and see some of you on the cruise to the Caribbean!
Robert

Well, I just checked the cruise site and it looks like our Western cruise is now an Eastern cruise. I must say that I am somewhat disappointed since we've never taken the Disney Western but we have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman on RCCL before. I am just happy we get to cruise! It could go nowhere and I would be happy. I just feel sorry for the DISers on our cruise, there's a lot of them that took this Western last year and it became an Eastern so they all rebooked together and now they are going on another Eastern :guilty:

Kristina,
I never asked him to pose, it was totally his idea! I told you he was a sweetheart! I think I will keep him :cool1:

I didn't sleep at all last night. I don't know if it was because I was excited about the cruise or because I was worried about getting our luggage since it has all our cruise clothes :rolleyes:

We are booked on the 10 am shuttle and I am getting excited!

I forgot to say that yesterday just after we got out of the Movie ride, the skies opened up and POURED down on us! EVeryone was running for cover, not us...it was glorious!!! Warm rain! We don't get warm rain in Calgary so we all got soaked and enjoyed it :rolleyes1

Story from yesterday...
We went to drop off our luggage at BC Bell Services and they were SO rude, I couldn't believe it! We had just brought our own luggage down since we were all ready and just wanted to go and not wait and when we got there he was obviously perturbed about something, just rude etc. Then I explained our situation blah blah blah and then the other guy next to the rude one kind of starts shaking his head. Then he gives me a dirty look and says "The next time you stay here, don't do this...you call us..we come get luggage (shaking head) this is totally against our policy, we don't do this"

:earseek:

I thought he was completely out of line so I said "It's against your policy for your guests to carry their OWN LUGGAGE????"

He says: "You should have called us, we would come get it"
I said: "Well the last time we stayed here, when we called you to come get our luggage, you took 45 minutes and I am sorry but we wanted to leave right away and didn't feel like waiting for you for 45 minutes"

He just put his head down gathering our luggage and looked all PO'd.
:rolleyes2

I had a $10 bill in my pocket all ready for him but after he said that I just walked away and kept that $10 right where it was.

We had no problems picking up our luggage with either guy I spoke to so the guy who picked up our luggage that we were taking to the port got that $10 on top of what I normally would have gave just him. :earboy2:

Okay...need to get all our stuff packed. I have no idea when I will be updating again as you all know how exciting that first day on the cruise is!!!
But no worries, I won't forget about all of you!!

If someone who frequents the DCL board feels like posting a link to this post over there, I would appreciate it since I know that not all DCL people come over to this board.

Bye guys, see ya on the high seas! Woooooooooooooooo :bounce:

:sunny: Have a great cruise, guys!! Will be waiting to hear all about it!!! We have never cared to do a cruise before so maybe you can change our minds!! :cool1: Happy sailing!! :sunny:

Cass and Rob - Thanks again for keeping us updated!! Like others have suggested, it feels like we're with you. I hope I don't get sea-sick and turn green around the gills...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter