• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

List of Tips for the Disney 1/2 Marathon

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Start at the front of your corral (or close to it) rather than at the back of the pack. The sweeper clock doesn't start until the last person crosses the start line (to be fair to everyone of course!). It takes a long time for people to get to the start. You can buy precious seconds on your pace by starting further up in your corral. Some have posted seeing last year's results with paces well over regulation pace (I think 17:18 in one case)...this is the reason why.

Just remember that there will be some serious runners in the same corral as you, but they may have not provided their proof of time. Thus they got put in the last corral. If you are walking, move back in the corral and let the runners go ahead since it won't be long and they will be out of your way. But if you are in front of them, they will have a harder time getting ahead of you. Just try not to block the runners who are faster than you. I usually stay to the side or near the middle of the back whenever I enter a race. It's just common courtesy. :wave:

Deb & Bill said:
Just remember that there will be some serious runners in the same corral as you, but they may have not provided their proof of time. Thus they got put in the last corral. If you are walking, move back in the corral and let the runners go ahead since it won't be long and they will be out of your way. But if you are in front of them, they will have a harder time getting ahead of you. Just try not to block the runners who are faster than you. I usually stay to the side or near the middle of the back whenever I enter a race. It's just common courtesy. :wave:

That is good advice--I wasn't suggesting blocking people--by all means, let them past..but in that last corral with a 7h finish time for the marathon--it will take awhile to get to the start line--so don't block anybody if they try to pass--but they shouldn't be mowing down people either :( Just don't be that last person over the start line is all I'm suggesting.

These are all great tips and I hope they keep coming. I have never participated in anything like this so I am very nervous about it all including the sweeper. Thanks for everyone giving any information or tips you have.

TammyNC said:
These are all great tips and I hope they keep coming. I have never participated in anything like this so I am very nervous about it all including the sweeper. Thanks for everyone giving any information or tips you have.

Tammy--on the training thread--I listed some speed training tips. You can integrate once a week into your workout and it should help improve your overall pace :)

Just reading through the tread and remembered that I asked many of these questions a while back. I searched them and sure enough found a thread I started as a matter of fact two threads I started that are very informative. Using seach, modify to WISH and the word marathon on title only..........or perhaps you can search through my name Wiskband...........

BUT, keep the tips coming...........

renee back on track........ :jumping4:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter