Lisa & Pete's DCL PJ & Trip Report - WEDDING VIDEO POSTED!!!

Lisa,

Just got caught up on your updates!! I am enjoying your TR!!:) Your pictures of the fireworks were awesome!! I also like the picture of Ryleah with her mouse ears...is that photoshopped? I like how the outside of the pic looks cloudy..Where exactly is the plaza restaurant? Another question? How much does it cost to do a fireworks cruise? How many people does the boat hold? Just curious..

Lisa,

Just got caught up on your updates!! I am enjoying your TR!!:) Your pictures of the fireworks were awesome!!

Thank you! I love them too!

I also like the picture of Ryleah with her mouse ears...is that photoshopped? I like how the outside of the pic looks cloudy..

It is Photoshopped. Not well, I am still learning all the ins and outs. Thank you though.

Where exactly is the plaza restaurant?

If you are going down Main Street the Plaza is on the Right at the very end next to the Ice Cream Shop.

Another question? How much does it cost to do a fireworks cruise? How many people does the boat hold? Just curious..

It Cost about $300 for the fireworks cruise and the boat holds 10. I split the cost by 10 and then tipped the driver around $70 cause he was really very good!

Day eight again…..I was almost done with Day eight and boom my computer just shut down! Soo weird. Oh Well here it goes again! This time in Word first with automatic save every few minutes!

We were so tired this morning that I went back to sleep as my husband went down to the hot tub for a soak. One of the best parts of the deluxe hotels is the great spas. AHhhh! Wish I was there now. So once he got back I got up and dressed and we headed to the bus the long way. We wanted to get a few pictures around the hotel.

3151826121_20f8dd2aa0.jpg

3151828387_541aba629a.jpg

After a quick stop in the gift shop, my honey’s weakness, we headed to the bus stop. There was a cast member at the bus stop with a big box that had three holes cut in it. We had to put our hands in and try to guess what was inside.

Pete went first, in the first box was a vertebra, and very fitting since Pete is a Chiropractor. In the next box was a horn and in the last box was a tooth. I forget what animals they were each from. Soon as we were done the bus was pulling up. We were off to Epcot.

3151829099_e1a7b8914d.jpg

3151829737_11c8fcd41d.jpg

We of course had the pictures taken with the “Ball” first.

3152799332_eca7d6be3e.jpg

Then we jumped in line for Spaceship Earth. This line was like 30-40 minutes long. How crazy! I loved the new updates, but missed Snow White and Dopey dancing.

3151845515_d3381f5810.jpg

3151853855_8d65dc7b81.jpg

We had to stop for pins (of course, they are just next to gift shops in Pete’s eyes) then we stopped for sun block since someone forgot to lotion up this morning…..nope not me, I never forget!

3151860919_9d2af4273d.jpg

3152696500_d5a917b4c9.jpg

There was a boat getting ready to go to Italy and that is right where we had lunch reservations.

3151866369_bd84398ddf.jpg

We had never eaten at Tutto Italia Ristorante but I highly recommend it. YUM! We had a great waitress who explained to us about how Disney finds the employees to work in the world showcase and how they get working visas and can only work in the country they were assigned to. She was a bit homesick and said she cannot wait to get home to see her family.

3151876723_2e7d7b2f3b.jpg

We explored “Italy” when we were done and bought three bottles of Rosa Regale. We had them delivered to the front of the park to pick up at the end of the day. Surprisingly you cannot have alcohol delivered right to your hotel. After Italy we headed to Germany and Pete got a Renesburger Sausage on a Pretzel Roll. We had just eaten lunch! LOL

3152722424_ff7b7c46a1.jpg

The Food and Wine Festival had brought sooo many people to Epcot today. I knew it would be crowed since it was the last weekend of the Food and Wine Fest, but WOW! It was actually to crowded to enjoy the beauty of it all.
We decided to check out America, since we usually skip it (I mean we live here every day!). We went to the Sam Adams tasting demo but it was full so we had an hour or so until the next one so we went to see Voices of Liberty and the American Adventure. They were both great and I am so glad we took the time to do them this trip!

3151890191_3271273647.jpg

We got in line for the Sam Adams tasting demo. I am not a Sam Adams drinker so Pete got double free beer. We also got free key chain bottle openers; I proceeded to get my thumb stuck in it. I spent the rest of the demo trying to get it out….I did finally, if not typing this would be really hard. LOL Did you know Sam Adams makes a special Food and Wine Brew just for the Festival each year? Brandon, my brother in law is so excited to try it when we go in October/November 2009.

3151896703_f4dd3033f1.jpg

3151902131_c4733a984d.jpg

3151902779_ca164281d6.jpg

Our plan was to meander through the countries, but the crowds were everywhere. It was packed! After we left America (after looking at pins and the DVC booth) we went to Japan and Morocco. I spotted the Beast, but the line was so long and they closed it soon as we got there. I was happy just getting a picture.

France….I have been looking forward to France since I saw Sandra Brown’s special. I needed a Grey Goose Lemon Slushy. Pete had the Grand Marnier Orange Slushy.

Best $9 drinks I have ever tasted! As we were heading over the bridge near the International Gateway I spotted the Disney Tattoo Guy! I ran behind him trying to get a picture. Pete was beyond embarrassed!

3152749638_2d163d59c0.jpg

LOL I got my shot and agreed to stop for a Disney Photo Pass picture with the Eiffel Tower. See we got our lovely yummy slushies in the picture too!

3152813372_b83e8a479e.jpg

As we headed into the UK I saw the Tattoo guy AGAIN. Ok this time I handed Pete the camera and told him to get a picture. Then I walked up to him and asked to take a picture with him. Wow, it was like meeting a celebrity!

3151924399_054e2466a8.jpg

Pete again was mortified. LOL We talked a few times and he told me he had over 2000 Disney Tattoos, more than anyone in the world. How awesome. Now it has me thinking I want to cover up my Lady Bugs with a Mickey Mouse Tattoo…..but then I remember the pain….ugh!

After meeting the celebrity we walked through Canada and talked about how good our dinner was there last year. Then we bought a Mickey head spinning metal thing to hang up outside. It is pretty cool. We checked out a few other stands then sat on a bench and watched the monorail.

3151927533_1580cc07c2.jpg

I love it. We rested and talked and then called to check on my sister and my favorite baby. A really nice CM came and talked for ever…so long we gave up our great seats cause we needed to get away. LOL

We had a quick bathroom break and then headed into the Figment ride. It was a first for both of us. Not a great ride, BUT the CMs in the shop after the ride had the best pins. I think we got like 4 or 5 great ones there. Pete said we will need to go there next year just to scope out the pins. LOL
It was almost dinner time so we headed to the Coral Reef and I checked us in. They said it will be 40 minutes or so. I used this time to call Mikkel! We talked for the entire 55 minutes that we waited. Finally I got to talk to her and tell her all about the wedding. We saw a Bride (are you a DISer? If so let me know) and her wedding party walking to what I assume was her reception at the Coral Reef. She looked pretty and I LOVED her bridesmaid dresses!

3151935709_ed3c612283.jpg

Finally our buzzer buzzed and we headed in. I was so excited. I had a surprise for my HUSBAND!!!

They led us to our table and we were right next to the glass. We were in awe over how pretty it was inside. They handed us our menus and Pete got the first surprise. He opened the menu and it was full of pictures of US!

3151936811_e541f3327a.jpg

He was so surprised, it was so cute. He kept asking me how I did this. We placed our order and started watching the divers and fish (AND SHARKS) and talking about our day.

3151941371_a68c76943a.jpg

It was nice. Then a diver swam towards the window and Pete said “Look he is holding a sign….wonder if it says help me?” They unrolled the sign and held it up to the window and Pete started reading it and his eyes teared up and he looked over at me and was like “How?” LOL The Sign said “Pete, The Day I Married You All of My Dreams Came True, Love Lisa”.

3151942089_02aba97f04.jpg

YAY….He was surprised. I was so happy. They later brought us the sign so we can keep it forever! We had a great dinner. It was so good!
After dinner we were heading out and ran into Pete’s “Friends”, people he met at the pool during his drink runs at night.

We headed out even thought the fireworks were starting. We were tired and wanted to get to bed. We did stop for a few pictures of Spaceship Earth all lit up.

3151993277_50b42abbcb.jpg

The bus was waiting for us when we got to the stop and we were back at the hotel in no time.

All the Pictures from Day 8 are Here!

I read your entire Wedding Honeymoon TR just now! We just went on our first cruise at the beginning of December. Castaway Cay is just gorgeous--what great memories for your wedding, which was beautiful btw...your nieces are just the cutest! I loved reading every bit...my DS4 enjoyed your pictures and he said, hey that girl got married on our beach! ;)
Congrats

Thanks for reading....I still have a few more days and the at home reception to get done. WHo knew this would take so long. I will be back at WDW before I am finished at this rate! LOL

OMG!! You guys are the cutest couple!! And you were a beautiful bride. :goodvibes :goodvibes

My DH and I just sat here and read your PJ. We have been trying to decide what to do for a VR. A DFTW is out of the question for us, so we were going to do it at The Swan, but I have not had the best time with them. Then his family said they couldn't come, etc.. so we were debating on doing a VR on the cruise line. Reading this and seeing all of your awesome pics really makes me want to do it. I was going to use Randy Chapman at the Swan...to bad I can't take him with me.

Congratulations to both of you!! :dance3:
I'll have to start on your TR next.

I'm so glad you posted Day 8 - I am living vicariously through your trip! :lmao:

First off - where did you get that awesome shirt?! I must find one!:thumbsup2

Secondly - don't feel bad about the thumb in the bottle opener - I've done that before! :goodvibes

Your pictures are awesome - you two are just so cute together!

OMG!! You guys are the cutest couple!! And you were a beautiful bride. :goodvibes :goodvibes

My DH and I just sat here and read your PJ. We have been trying to decide what to do for a VR. A DFTW is out of the question for us, so we were going to do it at The Swan, but I have not had the best time with them. Then his family said they couldn't come, etc.. so we were debating on doing a VR on the cruise line. Reading this and seeing all of your awesome pics really makes me want to do it. I was going to use Randy Chapman at the Swan...to bad I can't take him with me.

Congratulations to both of you!! :dance3:
I'll have to start on your TR next.

Thank you so much! The DCL Wedding was the best, I loved every second of it. Now saying that I must let you know the Photography department SUCKS! Sure I got great pictures (if I do say so myself...LOL) but it took work. I directed almost every shot and then had to fight them for the CD of pictures promised to me. My friend Mikkel (she is Pixiedusted on the dis) is getting married on DCL in May and after I shared with her my problems she found a great photgrapher willing to come on the cruise and do her pictures and it is only costing her the amount of his cruise, She booked his room, for him and his wife and he is taking her pictures, editing them and giving her a disk with all rights. It is going to cost her $200 more then what my pictures cost me and they are going to be amazing! I am Jelous! LOL But happy for her to not have the hassle I had. I loved my wedding though and think you should go for it! If you have ANY questions let me know! I am a travel agent on the side and can look stuff up for you and all!

I'm so glad you posted Day 8 - I am living vicariously through your trip! :lmao:

First off - where did you get that awesome shirt?! I must find one!:thumbsup2

Secondly - don't feel bad about the thumb in the bottle opener - I've done that before! :goodvibes

Your pictures are awesome - you two are just so cute together!

Hey! I am glad you are liking my TR...It is taking forever to get done. LOL The shirt came from the Disney Store...4.99 special. NOW here is the secret....They only had it in a large so I bought it....I am SO not a large. I cut out the decal very carefully and I used liquid stitch and applied it to a new Purple shirt in my size. I loved the shirt so much and knew I needed it...So I got it knowing it didn't fit. My husband and sister laughed at me so hard for doing it, but they were both impressed at the final product!

I laughed about my thumb the rest of the presentation. DH was so imbarassed! LOL

yeah what a great day!! I'm glad you liked Tony's! I'm very excited for our 1st meal there! Can't wait to see that statue! :rotfl:

Jennifer, We eat at Tony's every trip! It is my favorite sit down in the Magic Kingdom.

Hi, I just found a post of yours on another thread and was intrigued by your pics. I only skimmed page 1 so far but your proposal sounds magical and your ring is beautiful!

I have to ask, did Pete go to Palmer College? I live in Iowa and that seems to be the one to go to!

Thank You! Pete did go to Palmer for like 5 years...LOL He Graduated in 2003!

Okay number one : I LOVE YOUR TR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Number two: How did you get them to surprise your df with that menu???

Hi, I just found a post of yours on another thread and was intrigued by your pics. I only skimmed page 1 so far but your proposal sounds magical and your ring is beautiful!

I have to ask, did Pete go to Palmer College? I live in Iowa and that seems to be the one to go to!

I second that! I remember when i first joined i was OBSEESSED with your ring!! unreal!!!!!:lovestruc

Wow, your epcot/MK photos are beautiful--there's not a bad one in the bunch! And I love that photo of you getting the bill at your rehearsal dinner.

Great wedding report. You two seem so happy and so do your guests.

Lisa,

Awesome report, as usual!! How did you arrange for the diver to hold up that sign at dinner?? That would be really neat to surprise my DH with!! Also, the menu with your pics was awesome!! I am loving this report. Keep it coming...:goodvibes

Ok, so I am so late joining your TR but no worries I read the ENTIRE thing the last two nights. My Husband is very jealous of you right now :lmao: Everything sounds so perfect, from the proposal to the wedding to the honeymoon...you are a very, very lucky girl! Can't wait to read more updates!!

Hey! I am glad you are liking my TR...It is taking forever to get done. LOL The shirt came from the Disney Store...4.99 special. NOW here is the secret....They only had it in a large so I bought it....I am SO not a large. I cut out the decal very carefully and I used liquid stitch and applied it to a new Purple shirt in my size. I loved the shirt so much and knew I needed it...So I got it knowing it didn't fit. My husband and sister laughed at me so hard for doing it, but they were both impressed at the final product!

I laughed about my thumb the rest of the presentation. DH was so imbarassed! LOL

You made that shirt?! Wow - you did an incredible job - you'd never know it didn't come like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter