• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Line drying clothes

Hmmmm... I have a great idea for a new craft project... Anyone know where can I find some lime green (or whatever color it is) boxers???

:lmao:

Hmmmm... I have a great idea for a new craft project... Anyone know where can I find some lime green (or whatever color it is) boxers???

Pics, we want pics (before they are worn, thank you!)

Lisa...I like the way your twisted mind thinks!!!:thumbsup2

I/m sorry but all those ropes around the trees for those lines is not helping the trees and the bark where the ropes are.

Really? :rotfl:
Al Gore will tell you that a little cosmetic damage to a tree is far better than the 150 kilograms of greenhouse gasses produced annually by your clothes dryer. Line drying clothes is one of the easiest ways to reduce your personal carbon footprint.
Hang em low enough and it's also a great way to keep short people and children off your site.

:rotfl: Here we go again. I am at work and decided to check out the dis and everyone thinks I am crazy for laughing at myself?:rotfl2: You guys are too funny. This place is addicting!

popcorn::

Al Gore will tell you that a little cosmetic damage to a tree is far better than the 150 kilograms of greenhouse gasses produced annually by your clothes dryer. Line drying clothes is one of the easiest ways to reduce your personal carbon footprint.
Hang em low enough and it's also a great way to keep short people and children off your site.

Hang em' too low and you get Anole lizards and Ants in your pants!:scared1:

Please use the dryers at the CS provided and don't air your dirty/clean laundry between the trees or around your trailer ... VERY TACKY IMO.

Yes other will disagree, but that MY OPINION.

Larry

I/m sorry but all those ropes around the trees for those lines is not helping the trees and the bark where the ropes are. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT.

Larry

Larry,
lighten up,,
it's camping,, not hoteling !!!

Well you may think it's cosmetic and the greenhouse red herring argument has no weight here IMO.

I have no issues with line drying clothes at home, but when you are paying $50 to $100+ a night at a campground and are complaining about $2 a load to dry clothes/towels IMO puts you in the cheap category.

That comment about low enough to keep folks off your site is IMO is just asking for problems when you string ropes 10 to 15' off your site and and think you can't be held accoutable for that.

This last trip a family had two clotheslines between trees on their site and had everything out there, undies, bras, boxers, and every other unmentionable so my problem is not with just some towels, etc., but what that makes others think they can get away with.

Again I will say I have no problem with folks doing whatever within the confines of their site which is the concrete path and the shell area behind, but when you expand you space out beyond that with clotheslines, hammocks and I've even seen tents pitched 10 or 15' away from the center line of a campsite that is just still IMO "TACKY" and not considerate of others again IMO. I did mention things around the trailer hanging and being tacky and that might have been overstating my idea ... garbage up your campsite however you want, but don't extend that into the natural setting. One exemption is some of the holiday decorations, but that is another scenario.

Finally I love the assinie comments about the yappy dogs that I think might have been directed at me since that is another pet pieve of mine about FW, but they fail to mention the somewhat extreme efforts we take to ensure our dogs don't disturbe others unlike a lot of folks that let them run loose with windows in MH open.

Larry

Well you may think it's cosmetic and the greenhouse red herring argument has no weight here IMO.

I have no issues with line drying clothes at home...

You drove through several states to get to the Fort, over highways that caused the removal and complete destruction of untold numbers of trees, yet you get on your high horse about a piece of bark? Which one caused significant environmental alterations?

As far as drying clothes at home: I paid a heck of a lot more than a couple hundred dollars on my home. If line drying at the Fort means I'm cheap, what does line drying at home mean? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter