Line drying clothes

lathamary

Mouseketeer
Do you do line dry your laundry at your campsite? Does it bother you when other people line dry their clothes? Is it even permitted at the Fort?

Honestly, I am willing to pay for a dryer if I need to use one, but I'd rather line dry. I don't want to line dry if it's going to bother/annoy someone. I promise I won't hang my undies out there ;)

I am just wondering what the general consensus is.

Muchos Gracias

I just toss mine in the dryer. Plenty of folks hang clotheslines out, but mainly for towels, wet swimsuits, etc.. Although I haven't really paid much attention, don't think I've actually seen clothes on the line.

Almost all of ours goes into the dryer. Those that have to hang dry, we usually do it inside. We do dry our beach towels & swimsuits outside, but I bought one of those clothes racks that attach to my ladder, so it is kind of out of sight.

I generally don't mind people drying clothes outside, but there are some who take it to the extreme and the campsight has 3 or 4 clothes lines with clothes on them all the time. That is when it starts looking kind of tacky.

I do a little bit of both. I line dry jeans, towels and clothes that I wouldn't usually dry in a dryer. We've been doing it that way for over 10 years and nobody has compl:earsboy:ained. Hope this helps.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Chrome-Folding-Drying-Rack/3342185

I find a dryer rack is the way to go. :thumbsup2 This way you can keep it under your awning when you leave your site, and not have to worry about having left clothes out in the rain should a thunderstorm come through. (which is often the case in Disney). They fold flat and are easy to store. I use one on my deck at home when the weather is nice, and I'd rather air dry some items.

I do both, dry everything but shirts. The shirts I put on hangers and hang them under our firstup canopy. Frank hates his shirts dried in the dryer, he hates the shrinkage. With the nice weather it doesn't take very long.

I do all three - I line dry beach towels and swimsuits, all other clothes in the dryer, and I also use the drying rack for dish towels, shower towels, etc. under the back bunkend of our hybrid.

IMG_1787.jpg

We dry our towels on the bike rack that is attached to the rear of our travel trailer. Once the bikes come off...we insert thin pieces of PVC pipe (which we store in the rear bumper of the trailer). Insert the plastic piping..and you have towel racks! We can easily dry the suits and towels there no problem. :thumbsup2

I have a popup camper and I do hang towels and swimsuits (between washes) under the back bunk to dry. I take 4 bungie cords and bungie them from the bed poles and "tada" I have an instant clothes line :laundy:. I don't believe it is tacky in anyway since you can't really see it :thumbsup2 I wash and dry other clothes in the dryer if needed before we leave. Now, at home all of my work clothes are on one of those drying racks if I cannot hang them on my clothesline outside, I have often thought of carrying it camping, but the bungies work fine. I would suggest you carry clothespins too, the wind will blow them off if you don't ;)

I think line drying is as bad as having your RV detailed. Disney should not allow this. Not only does the sound of towels, shirts and other items flapping in the wind disturb my peace the look is just not cool. I think Laundry line hangers should be banned. :rolleyes1

Here, let me send you some rope. :lmao:

I have laundry to do, think I'll go to The Fort and do it and hang all my clothes on the line, including undies. :rotfl:

I don't care for laundry lines. Not that I really mind anyone hanging out their towels to dry. However, more often than not..you get to see the BVD's and various other under garments. We once saw a clothes line where there there were three different (judging by the huge range of size :rolleyes1)of bra's out to dry.
Was kind of trashy looking. Ya gotta wonder what some people are thinking.:rotfl:

Thanks for the input. I always get such great advice here. :yay:

I hadn't thought of a rack thing. I'll probably put it up and let the clothes dry inside the RV while we're gone - they will dry faster in there with the A/C than out in the humid air anyway, I bet!

I use a both the dryer and a drying rack - only because I can't master the art of hanging up a rope and not having my clothes dragging on the ground - also those thunderstorms that come up soak the laundry all over again. No, it doesn't bother me how others hang up their laundry.

Do you do line dry your laundry at your campsite? Does it bother you when other people line dry their clothes? Is it even permitted at the Fort?

Honestly, I am willing to pay for a dryer if I need to use one, but I'd rather line dry. I don't want to line dry if it's going to bother/annoy someone. I promise I won't hang my undies out there ;)

I am just wondering what the general consensus is.

Muchos Gracias

Please use the dryers at the CS provided and don't air your dirty/clean laundry between the trees or around your trailer ... VERY TACKY IMO.

Yes other will disagree, but that MY OPINION.

Larry

I do all three - I line dry beach towels and swimsuits, all other clothes in the dryer, and I also use the drying rack for dish towels, shower towels, etc. under the back bunkend of our hybrid.

IMG_1787.jpg

I/m sorry but all those ropes around the trees for those lines is not helping the trees and the bark where the ropes are. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT.

Larry

Please use the dryers at the CS provided and don't air your dirty/clean laundry between the trees or around your trailer ... VERY TACKY IMO.

Yes other will disagree, but that MY OPINION.

Larry

Are you going to send me the $10.00 in quarters that it takes everyday to dry our 5 beach towels and 5 bathing suits? That's awesome!! Thanks Larry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter